Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister (29616 Views)

Pantami: "I Have Changed Several Positions Taken In The Past" / Sanwo-Olu: I Haven’t Bought An Official Car So I Can Reduce Cost Of Governance / Pantami: I Won't Comment On Boko Haram, Shekau's Threat To Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Throwback: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2020
ChoCho54:
We are doomed as a community with folks like throwback.

We are doomed when everyone is lynched physically and electronically because someone makes an allegation without any single evidence connecting the accused.

You have a brain, you were educated, please use it to be rational and objective in your submissions.

I used to wonder why Nigeria could not also adopt a jury style of criminal justice, until I encountered many irrational minds on Nairaland and realised the doom it would spell if such minds were allowed to pass judgement in a matter that deals with available evidence.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Asu015(m): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2020
Someone should sue sahara reporters for 100 million in court. Its boring the way the accuse innocent people without tangible evidence.

This rubbish must stop.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by asanwafo: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2020
tillaman:
There’s always an atom of truth in most of Sahara reporters news!!
The dude has 3 wives and I believe they can’t coexist in the same house
Am unbothered though it’s not a new thing at all
So those poor Hausa men who married 4 wives build or buy separate houses for them. Meeen! Think naaaa. Everything to paint any PMB appointee black. Since he is among the best, and we can't find anything, he must be accuse of ssomething na.

1 Like

Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by kenzysmith: 9:34am On Jul 04, 2020
gasparpisciotta:

Like Ajimobi, Abba Kyari etc
so na curruption kill them? obasanjo, ek clark, ibb live to a ripe old age who him done reach him go wAka
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 04, 2020
Throwback:

So you admit your criticism is just an avenue to vent your frustration that a corrupt and lying regime was sacked by another that has turned out not to be any better?

So you admit you are deliberately playing dumb and stupid due to your partisan prejudice?

Shame on you and your wasted education.

Your father should have spent his money eating suya.

Since you cannot move on with your existence, your grandchildren will also inherit your agony over a useless Jonathan that was duly and democratically sacked by the majority who found him incompetent.

As for me, I await the evidence that the accuser has yet to provide before I can join the chorus of the mob.

I didnt read beyond the first line.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Throwback: 10:02am On Jul 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

I didnt read beyond the first line.

Because money that should have been spent on Suya was wasted on an emotional mind that will wail over a loss till the agony is shared even by the grandchildren.

You already inadvertently revealed why you rant and criticise, so no point debating someone who has already admitted to being in the offside position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by tillaman(m): 10:04am On Jul 04, 2020
asanwafo:
So those poor Hausa men who married 4 wives build or buy separate houses for them. Meeen! Think naaaa. Everything to paint any PMB appointee black. Since he is among the best, and we can't find anything, he must be accuse of ssomething na.
you may be right after all but just like I said I am unbothered even if he’s proven guilty
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by wunaESQ(m): 10:04am On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Onye Oshi. Where did he even get money to buy the house even before becoming a minister.

What was his work before. Let him explain. This is what I expect from him. Explain your source of income even before becoming a minister.
it is pointed out in d write up dat
he is a professor in the international university of madina, Saudi Arabia and he is also a business man
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by otokx(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2020
Successful Businessman
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by wunaESQ(m): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Its not Sahara duty to give you the evidence. Its the duty of the minister to sue Sahara if he thinks his hands are clean and that should be your major concern.
no sir,..... HE WHO ACERTS MUST PROVE. dats how d maxim goes
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Bimpe29: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2020
It's shocking when I read he bought 3 houses for his 3 wives.
But, this rebuttal should be true so as to promote our confidence in his person.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by gbagyiza: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2020
aolawale025:
He looks honest. Could be telling the truth here

I also have this feeling that this man may be saying the truth.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by wunaESQ(m): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2020
Lovelyn451:
northerners are the worst looters but their problem is they lavish the money on women and cars, they don't know how to invest unlike southerners
tribalism de smell
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by zone51: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Onye Oshi. Where did he even get money to buy the house even before becoming a minister.

What was his work before. Let him explain. This is what I expect from him. Explain your source of income even before becoming a minister.

Did you read the thread at all?, Incase you don't, here is an excerpt answering your question.

It is worthy of note that as a serving Minister, Dr Pantami’s salaries and allowances fall below his earnings as a Professor at the International University Madinah Saudi Arabia, where he still holds the record of being the first Nigerian to lecture at that level. He only returned to Nigeria out of the zeal to contribute his quota to national development.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Newboss(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2020
tillaman:
There’s always an atom of truth in most of Sahara reporters news!!
The dude has 3 wives and I believe they can’t coexist in the same house
Am unbothered though it’s not a new thing at all

Have you heard of rent before? It's actually an alternative to buying.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Abkay95: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

............. Please you have to visit eye centre in kaduna for your sight correction. since you are too blind to see where he works before been appointed as honourable minister..........He Worked in INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MEDINNAH and what he earns while he was working there is far more than what he is earning as a sitting minister with allowance inclusive.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by tillaman(m): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2020
Newboss:

Have you heard of rent before? It's actually an alternative to buying.
thanks to you I learnt a new word!
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Agugbadin: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Heavy OSHI and heavy guyman.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Lovelyn451(f): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2020
wunaESQ:

tribalism de smell
everything is not tribalism abeg, I live in the north so I know what I'm saying... They all want to join politics just for the looting and fake contracts that will fetch more money to buy sets of gold for their women and be changing exotic cars like cloth...if u want to see the latest car come to the north, go to ABU Zaria and see their children lavishing money upandan...truth is, some people are more equal than the others in Nigeria
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Uckroot: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Sharap, SirLiar reporters keep dishing false information like they did 2 days back on Ajimobi assets. Here is someone easily debunking their falsehood.

Some of you are grown dummies. Are you aware that ANYBODY can claim to have designed the house??! Why didn’t this “designer” show us the interior plan which only him should have? SECONDLY do you think people who steal public money buy/build houses by themselves? They buy it through two or more secondary sources to make it a bit untraceable if you follow the paper trail.

You’ve had 60 years to gain wisdom but you’re still jerking.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Uckroot: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2020
Abkay95:
............. Please you have to visit eye centre in kaduna for your sight correction. since you are too blind to see where he works before been appointed as honourable minister..........He Worked in INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MEDINNAH and what he earns while he was working there is far more than what he is earning as a sitting minister with allowance inclusive.

Cries and lies. All you typed above are stark assumptions. So you’re trying to tell us he took “lesser pay” to come and be a minister because this country needs someone so bad and NOBODY else could do the job but him? So he had to sacrifice his job that pays more Lmaooo some of you are on monkey tail.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Okeji(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Can't you read? lazy youth...
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Uckroot: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
gbagyiza:

I also have this feeling that this man may be saying the truth.

�‍♂️ a grown adult judging people’s character by picture. Why won’t you have stupid leaders?
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Uckroot: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2020
wunaESQ:

it is pointed out in d write up dat
he is a professor in the international university of madina, Saudi Arabia and he is also a business man

They will soon catch him like they usually catch all of them. Lying about credentials.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by GavelSlam: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
story teller the salary of a professor in medina is 1400 riyals which is about 1.3m naira per months ....house in abuja wuse execeed 400m . The rent of good duplex in around in wuse is around 8m and minister salary is around 10m annually ....in 2016 u where a director nitda so thats when the house was bought.....thousand of Nigerians are teaching in Harvard ,oxford stanford,mit etc since 1970s ....been the first Nigerians to teach in an unknown,un rated university in saudi arabia is not impossible achievement.....

Sharap.

An assistant professor makes 14k pounds per month.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by Yankee101: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2020
It's an insult to imply that the only benefit a ministerial position in Nigeria derives is salaries and allowances
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by wunaESQ(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2020
Lovelyn451:
everything is not tribalism abeg, I live in the north so I know what I'm saying... They all want to join politics just for the looting and fake contracts that will fetch more money to buy sets of gold for their women and be changing exotic cars like cloth...if u want to see the latest car come to the north, go to ABU Zaria and see their children lavishing money upandan...truth is, some people are more equal than the others in Nigeria
d children of most of dis politicians dnt school in Nigeria..u might be right about some of u assertions though... but some kids u see ar products of hard working parents who ventured into enterprenurship
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by kpada22: 11:32am On Jul 04, 2020
If Sahara reporters want us to believe them, they should provide a document that linked the minister and the house...biko, let's use our senses. Though common sense is commonly uncommon.
Northurmate:

https://dailynigerian.com/pantami-i-havent-bought-a-single-house-anywhere-in-the-world-since-i-become-minister/
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by chukxie(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2020
Believe Nigerian politicians, ministers, governors, leaders at your own peril.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by AnanseK(m): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
I want to accept Dr. Pantami’s version and to reject the claim by Sahara reporters as hearsay and rumors but I need to have these points clarified:

1. The denial from Pantami’s spokesperson seem to be concentrating on - “ Dr. Pantami did not buy any house since he became Minister. This is suggesting that he bought a houses before he became a Minister. Can we please know those times and the number of houses bought and their costs.

2. Dr. Pantami became a Minister in 2019 ( only a year ago) but he was the Director General for The National Information Technology Development ( NITD) as from 2016 until his appointment as Minister. Did he buy any houses when he was the DG?

3. Did he declare his assets before he was sworn in as DG in 2016 and when he was sworn in as Minister last year?

4. What was his earning as University Professor in the University Of Medina.

5. It was mentioned that he was also a businessman. Nigerians will want to know what type of business and his earnings from that. The same can be applied to any public servant to ensure accountability.

6. Please note that Dr. Pantami is a public servant all these questions are relevant and very important. They should even be answered without the public asking them. As a corruption fighter ( mentioned by his spokesman) Dr. Pantami needs to be more transparent than most.

7. Remember that the Honorable Minister is also a great Preacher and a role model for millions of faithfuls . He has the duty to adequately defend the hitherto upright conduct and the Godliness he represents. We are waiting.
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by seunjungle1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Stvpid politician telling me he has not buy any properties outside country but the ones you bought inside nko...thunder fire you!
In fact God punish all our politicians fr the destruction they brought on us
Re: Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister by deepwater(f): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Its not Sahara duty to give you the evidence. Its the duty of the minister to sue Sahara if he thinks his hands are clean and that should be your major concern.

You are wrong
It is the duty of the plaintiff to provide logical evidences
Further exhibits would be provided by the investigating body.

The defendant just need to defend it all with counter evidences and exhibitions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act / Dalung's Meeting With Militants: Buhari Orders Probe - New Telegraph / Buhari, Saraki To Meet First Time Since Nigeria Election Amid Fresh EFCC Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.