Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? (886 Views)

I Wish To Express My Anger And Total Disappointment In Some Parents / Why Are Some Parents Like This? / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 04, 2020
See a brilliant answer by Gillian Brown on Quora

Lol this reminds me of a mouth kissing thing my son did a couple of times when he was about 2.

He came up to me and said “Lets do TV kisses, mommy. You go that way and I will go that way, and we can TV kiss”

Before I knew it, my son had tilted my head to the right and at the same time, tilted his own head to the left. He planted a closed lip kiss on my lips and proceeded to twist his head left and right, just like he thought they did on TV.

He giggled so hard over it and you know what?? So did I!

I was pretty creeped over the concept, lol, but good lord it tickled me pink, as well.

So I had to tell a friend. No.. I asked him to do TV kisses again. I said, how does it go? And he did the same exact thing.

We were all laughing so hard.

At that point, I explained to him that TV kisses are only for men and women, and not for mommies and sons.

And yes. As long as he was okay with it, I kissed him (a peck) on the lips.

For gods sake. I breastfed him. He came out of my vagina. I hardly think that a kiss on the lips is a big deal. A TV kiss.. well… That needs a little chat.

My son is 21 now. He works at 7-11 and is really big into computers and knows several programming languages. He is getting ready to start college.

He is the shiznit. And I will STILL peck him on the lips if he let me. He wont, now. Hes well past those days. Usually around 4 or 5, that silliness starts to die off. Its something we all miss. Xo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2020
TV kisses Terrible parenting.
Programmes come in categories. Stop letting kids watch programmes not for their age. There is a reason.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by mamaafrik(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2020
Parents kiss children von the lips??,why not on the forehead or cheek.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Vyzz: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2020
I don't understand how u ladies try to explain that wrong is normal..... When u are at fault....

If u had caught ur husband planting those TV kisses.... The story for Don change to pedophile....

Damn

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Romanoff(f): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Programmes come in categories. Stop letting kids watch programmes not for their age. There is a reason.

The thing is, most parents ignorantly think kids from age 2 to 5 are still clueless with what they see.

Start censoring your TV and music immediately you start having kids.

E get why o, e get why.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by thesicilian: 8:36am On Jul 04, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
It's terrible indeed. Well brought up parents would never do that.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Exc2000: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2020
shocked

What kind of fvckery did I just read

TV kiss koor TV rape nii

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Unnerve: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2020
I would have loved to have a conversation with Gillian Brown to find out if she would be this excitedly positive if it was her husband writing all that about their daughter.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 04, 2020
Unnerve:
I would have loved to have a conversation with Gillian Brown to find out if she would be this excitedly positive if it was her husband writing all that about their daughter.

Did the child come out of the husband's penis or did he breastfeed the child undecided
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Mariangeles(f): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

Did the child come out of the husband's penis or did he breastfeed the child undecided

The child came out of his loins.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Unnerve: 9:57am On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

It's okay for mothers to be sexual with their sons but unacceptable for fathers to be so with their daughters.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2020
Isn't the child his seed as well?
Nooil:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2020
Unnerve:

It's okay for mothers to be sexual with their sons but unacceptable for fathers to be so with their daughters.

Okay.

She wasn't sexual. She tried to drive home a point, in her own way.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2020
Mariangeles:

The child came out of his loins.

And you'll compare that with nine months of a child living inside of you? There is a reason why mothers think they can control their children even when he or she is married with their own kids. It's psychological.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Unnerve: 10:36am On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

She wasn't sexual. She tried to drive home a point, in her own way.
Right, so it isn't sexual to kiss on the lips. Why can't fathers do it to their daughters?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2020
Unnerve:

Right, so it isn't sexual to kiss on the lips. Why can't fathers do it to their daughters?

Some fathers do that to their daughters. It all depends on individual perception. Some might continue way into adulthood, while some stop at a certain age.

Think about it in the way people discipline their children. Some stop certain methods of discipline when their children get to a certain age, while some continue even when the child graduates from university. It's all about individual perception.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Unnerve: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

Some fathers do that to their daughters. It all depends on individual perception. Some might continue way into adulthood, while some stop at a certain age.

Think about it in the way people discipline their children. Some stop certain methods of discipline when their children get to a certain age, while some continue even when the child graduates from university. It's all about individual perception.
As long as you agree that it's okay for fathers to do with their daughters what mothers do with their sons, that's all that matters.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2020
Unnerve:

As long as you agree that it's okay for fathers to do with their daughters what mothers do with their sons, that's all that matters.

Yes I do. As long as he doesn't have to French kiss to pass a point.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by missawele(f): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2020
Parents, we need to start censoring what their kids watch as early as possible. These kids learn by seeing.

Imagine if the innocent child had talked about the tv kiss with someone other than his mother/father.

Anyway, I am a digital marketing strategist and business coach. I help small business owners find clarity in their business & make sales online. If you are trying to start a business and don't know how to go about it, stuck in your business, want to make sales or just generally finding things difficult in your business, reach out to me. I can help
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2020
missawele:
Parents, we need to start censoring what their kids watch as early as possible. These kids learn by seeing.

Imagine if the innocent child had talked about the tv kiss with someone other than his mother/father.

Anyway, I am a digital marketing strategist and business coach. I help small business owners find clarity in their business & make sales online. If you are trying to start a business and don't know how to go about it, stuck in your business, want to make sales, or just generally finding things difficult in your business, reach out to me. I can help

Are you going to censor them from what they see on the road while riding home in school buses? Are you going to stop them from watching other kids who were not "censored"?

Early education is the key. The brain starts functioning as early as five months. Don't waste any time in educating them.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by cooooooks(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
It's not a big deal. Many people keep it up till adulthood.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Unnerve: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

Yes I do. As long as he doesn't have to French kiss to pass a point.
Only a paedophile, whether mother or father, would french kiss their child.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Unnerve:

Hello, is this crackhaus?
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by missawele(f): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

Are you going to censor them from what they see on the road while riding home in school buses? Are you going to stop them from watching other kids who were not "censored"?

Early education is the key. The brain starts functioning as early as five months. Don't waste any time in educating them.

You are right about early education.
Re: Why Do Some Parents Kiss Their Children On The Lips? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Unnerve:

Only a pedophile, whether mother or father, would french kiss their child.

A mother kissing her son "like they do on tv" (French kissing was actually a strong word) to pass a point isn't a pedophile. A father doing the same needs to go back to his father or mentor(who is a man) and learn his fatherly role.

(1) (Reply)

The Ordeal Of A Pained, Stagnant 25 Year Old / Reason Why Men Hide Plans From Women / She Said My Husband Was A Lousy Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.