Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! (364 Views)

Buhari's Government Incompetent, Failed To Curb Corruption - The Economist / Melaye: Buhari's Govt Infested With Fraud, Corruption & Incompetence / Ganduje Warns Commissioners Against Corruption - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Edunews: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
I just came across a common statement on Nairaland few minutes ago, and it got me wondering, what is wrong with our people..

SmartProf:
The earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need but not every man's greed. How the EFCC never get to discover all these, makes me give up on the system. Nigeria is in a mess, and we may not get out of it soon

many persons make similar statements to this and it makes me worry about "What you think Nigeria is"

my dear, Nigeria is you & I.

Nigeria would not change, until you & I have a change of mindsets.

It seems the arrest of Ramon Abbas aka "Hushpuppi" seems to reawaken everyone to the existence of Internet Fraud, but the truth is that it has always been with us, and would always be here if we keep waiting for just EFCC to put a stop to it.

What have you done to combat crime in our society??

internet fraud (Yahoo-yahoo, G-boys), ponzi or other types of fraud have become a very common event in our daily lives. We tend to know or have heard of people that engage in these events, but we keep quiet about it, for one reason or the other, maybe because they are our friends or family.

How many of Our friends who are into Internet Fraud (G-boys), whether they have hit or not, have you reported to the Police or EFCC??

we tend to forget that, "It is these same individuals (G-boys), who engage in all these acts of fraud, & hit it big tomorrow that would use those money to contest for election with well-meaning individuals like yourself and win you, because you do not have enough money to spend like them, regardless of what your motives or plans are.

After they win and get there, they'd continue their G-boys on a political level, with their looting, and then you'd come on Nairaland or twitter to complain.

Just imagine Hushpuppi was to run for senate tomorrow, who would win Him with all the money he has to spend??

Also on other other side, most youths and young persons, students, etc that go onto cyber-crime is due to "Peer Pressure/Influence". if you see someone you know from Adam, who is just at your level or maybe you are even better than the person, all of a sudden, riding big cars, and buying houses for himself or his parents, you'd start thinking about why you cannot achieve the same, and then you'd be ready to do whatever it takes to do that, however legal or illegal.
You will then encourage yourself with the fact that many people are doing it, and that there is corruption everywhere.

my dear, the problems of Nigeria are You & I.... let's not deviate it or run away from it!!!

this is & has always been my own Stand!!!

If you want our country to change, it begins from you and I. You can start by reporting those friends of yours who are into various kinds of frauds (from ponzi to large scale BEC) to the Police or EFCC, and let's worry about whether nothing was done or not....

start from the root & protect the future...

Until we are ready to do that, our country would remain the way it is, if not worse, because, the G-boys would continue to make money & run for various elective positions in government, and when that happens, they'd have the public funds, security & other elements of government at their disposals to do what they like..

Nigeria cannot be better until its Citizens decide to be better, because, we are the present & future government.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by plessis: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Well said.

Nigeria is an abstract concept and not real.

The Nigerian character is almost satanic. They commit all sorts of crimes and abominable acts.

Nigerians complain about almost everything but the last thing the average Nigerian would talk about is how he can change himself to be a better person.

Nigeria is bad simply because Nigerians are accomplices to the criminals in power.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Vyzz: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nigeria is what we make it

2 Likes

Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by adekolaelect(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nothing bit Truth !!!! Scanty of comment here shows who majority of us are .they will not rush here because it doesn't satisfy their emotional feelings.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Sammy07: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
Honestly, you're right.
But I believe the governments too has their roles to play.

Swears if it's possible to make these laws.

Ban importation for 10yrs

Make sure anyone be it Politician or Musician or Movie producer etc that has more than 100M in account must have at least 5 factories based in Nigeria

I'll be happy because,
It'll give everyone room for competition
It will make everyone to make use of our Brian.
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by helinues: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by MajesticKris: 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hmmm my only problem now is ... get Visa's to these countries now , go come hard x2...

cus they now see us as Bad people..
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Karlifate: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Some Nigerians see themselves as being smart, when they take advantage of their fellow Nigerians.
How much more a non-Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Edunews: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
The US, UK are where they are today because their citizens report other citizens whom they suspect of engaging in illegal/illicit activities like Drug dealing, fraud, crimes, etc...

Here in Nigeria, these individuals drive around in flashy cars and we hail them and call them names so that they can drop little of their illegally gotten wealth for you.

then they head on to contest for elections with their illegally acquired wealth, they win and they now rule over everyone and embezzle more money, and we continue to wail.

until we can nip the problem in the bud by reporting upcoming ones to the EFCC and other Antigraft agencies, Our future would be likely worse than the present.

1 Like

Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by IamWonderful: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Leadership of a country can make adverse effects on the citizens, most people paid huge amounts to secure employment, while some are by political affliction, someone that try every means to live positively but couldn't be possible can results to negative ways
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by omophunky(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
What the op said is true, but how many have you reported?

What has EFCC and COURT of LAW done to those being reported in the past ?
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
Edunews:
I just came across a common statement on Nairaland few minutes ago, and it got me wondering, what is wrong with our people..

many persons make similar statements to this and it makes me worry about "What you think Nigeria is"

my dear, Nigeria is you & I.

Nigeria would not change, until you & I have a change of mindsets.

It seems the arrest of Ramon Abbas aka "Hushpuppi" seems to reawaken everyone to the existence of Internet Fraud, but the truth is that it has always been with us, and would always be here if we keep waiting for just EFCC to put a stop to it.

What have you done to combat crime in our society??

internet fraud (Yahoo-yahoo, G-boys), ponzi or other types of fraud have become a very common event in our daily lives. We tend to know or have heard of people that engage in these events, but we keep quiet about it, for one reason or the other, maybe because they are our friends or family.

How many of Our friends who are into Internet Fraud (G-boys), whether they have hit or not, have you reported to the Police or EFCC??

we tend to forget that, "It is these same individuals (G-boys), who engage in all these acts of fraud, & hit it big tomorrow that would use those money to contest for election with well-meaning individuals like yourself and win you, because you do not have enough money to spend like them, regardless of what your motives or plans are.

After they win and get there, they'd continue their G-boys on a political level, with their looting, and then you'd come on Nairaland or twitter to complain.

Just imagine Hushpuppi was to run for senate tomorrow, who would win Him with all the money he has to spend??

Also on other other side, most youths and young persons, students, etc that go onto cyber-crime is due to "Peer Pressure/Influence". if you see someone you know from Adam, who is just at your level or maybe you are even better than the person, all of a sudden, riding big cars, and buying houses for himself or his parents, you'd start thinking about why you cannot achieve the same, and then you'd be ready to do whatever it takes to do that, however legal or illegal.
You will then encourage yourself with the fact that many people are doing it, and that there is corruption everywhere.

my dear, the problems of Nigeria are You & I.... let's not deviate it or run away from it!!!

this is & has always been my own Stand!!!

If you want our country to change, it begins from you and I. You can start by reporting those friends of yours who are into various kinds of frauds (from ponzi to large scale BEC) to the Police or EFCC, and let's worry about whether nothing was done or not....

start from the root & protect the future...

Until we are ready to do that, our country would remain the way it is, if not worse, because, the G-boys would continue to make money & run for various elective positions in government, and when that happens, they'd have the public funds, security & other elements of government at their disposals to do what they like..

Nigeria cannot be better until its Citizens decide to be better, because, we are the present & future government.

You are one of a kind.
We need people like you.
I am happy I am not alone on this narrative.
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Edunews: 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
omophunky:
What the op said is true, but how many have you reported?

What has EFCC and COURT of LAW done to those being reported in the past ?

If you keep thinking about what has been done to those reported, you won't do anything..

legal process takes time. some court cases last years, but at least, you'd have removed one bad egg in the pipeline to run for political office or sponsor his/her family member to do so.
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by walexbiz(m): 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ops, if an institution whose responsibility is to jail looters of our common patrimony are so useless that a man with no verifiable source of income could allow two bullion vans into his compound on the eve of election and no arrest or investigation is made so as to set good examples and deter others who might be willing to engage in such act then you have no moral right to question yahoo boys.
An obvious fact is that social vices thrives in corrupt states like ours, I do not support internet fraud because it deprives innocent people of their hard earned money but crimes such as internet frauds will supposedly be embraced in a society were politicians and religious leaders are having field day sharing our common patrimony. The former steals the money meant to provide basic amenities and Social infrastructure that improve the living conditions of its citizen while the latter defrauds it adherent through tithes and offering at the same time suppressing the mood for rebellion through indoctrination.
Ops, my grouse with your write up is that you absolve the government of any complicit in these social malfeasance by taking blame away from the government and placing it squarely at the foots step of the already pauperize citizens.
Re: Fraud, Corruption: The Government Is Not To Blame, The People Are!! by Edunews: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
walexbiz:
Ops, if an institution whose responsibility is to jail looters of our common patrimony are so useless that a man with no verifiable source of income could allow two bullion vans into his compound on the eve of election and no arrest or investigation is made so as to set good examples and deter others who might be willing to engage in such act then you have no moral right to question yahoo boys.
An obvious fact is that social vices thrives in corrupt states like ours, I do not support internet fraud because it deprives innocent people of their hard earned money but crimes such as internet frauds will supposedly be embraced in a society were politicians and religious leaders are having field day sharing our common patrimony. The former steals the money meant to provide basic amenities and Social infrastructure that improve the living conditions of its citizen while the latter defrauds it adherent through tithes and offering at the same time suppressing the mood for rebellion through indoctrination.
Ops, my grouse with your write up is that you absolve the government of any complicit in these social malfeasance by taking blame away from the government and placing it squarely at the foots step of the already pauperize citizens.

An Eye for an Eye makes the world go blind.

Trump was accused of using Russian hackers to win the election. was anything done to him?

that hasn't stopped US citizens from reporting suspected frauds & criminals.

what we owe our country is to do our part in reporting suspected persons, and leave the rest for the law, else, these persons would become the leaders tonorow..

finally, Never Justify the system as a reason to commit Crimes... everyone passed through the same system, some persons chose to stay on the right path, despite the hardship.... others chose their own fate, and their choices would also paint the other good ones black if they dont report them, because then. they would become guilty by association

(1) (Reply)

Breaking : Yahaya Bello Wins At The Court Of Appesl / Obin Commends Osinbajo, gov, Others As DHQ Deploys Soldiers In Biase Warring Com / Why I Feel Like Crying Whenever I Think About Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.