Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? (273 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Makemefit12op(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2020
Am yet to find out where in the Bible is transfusion of blood condemned. But some of our christains brothers (Jehovah witness, Apostolic Faith and some other Pentecostal churches)are hell bent on transfusion of blood,even at the point of death.

Recently I watched a video on Facebook,in which a Jehovah witness guy vehemently refused to be donated blood to, saying if it is to die he should die,but for the donation is a hell no.
please is this their doctrine right or wrong?
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Franklyspeakin: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2020
Mynd44, lalastclaa, seun and other admins help move this to front page I'm interested in this discussion. Let our pastors in the house put mouth.
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2020
no
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Olifiz(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2020
The Bible says abstain from blood. Acts 15:28-29.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by DropsMic(m): 8:25am On Jul 05, 2020
cheesy
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Olifiz:
It seemed good to the Holy Spirit(A) and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.(B) You will do well to avoid these things

Please educate me how the bolded relate to blood transfusion. undecided
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Emusan(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2020
Olifiz:

Why single out only Blood in that verse?
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Olifiz(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:
It seemed good to the Holy Spirit(A) and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.(B) You will do well to avoid these things

It’s says “abstain from blood”. Pls when they do blood transfusion isn’t it blood that is being used? When u are been told to abstain from a particular thing doesn’t it mean for you to desist from it entirely?

Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Janosky: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:

In view of Acts 15:28-29:

Bros, when you eat blood or drink blood, where does the blood enter?

When you transfuse blood, where does the blood enter?

Cc:
Makemefit12op
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:

The case of blood has been there right from the beginning.
Before Noah's time there was nothing like eating of meat, so people have nothing to do with eating creatures having blood. When God told now "you may now kill animals and eat" he strictly warned them to make sure they drain the blood because it's the life in that animal so they mustn't eat it! Genesis 9:4

Later when God gave the Israelites laws regarding eating of meat, he repeated this life saving rule regarding intake of blood! Leviticus 17:11-12
Note that God even condemn the eating of animals without draining it's blood for foreign residents in Israel.
So when the Apostles now after consulting the holy spirit included intake of blood in things that must be abhored {Act 15:28-29} True Christians realized that something deadly must be attached to it. Just imagine their closing remark "if you stay away from this things, you'll enjoy sound health"

Today the world is suffering so many deadly diseases and 99.9% of this diseases come from contact with blood.

So we believe it's wiser to obey the God who gave that instruction, even if we die now knowing fully that we've done all we could in obeying life saving orders from him, he will reward us during the resurrection of the dead! Matthew 10:39 compare to Job 14:13-15

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
Maximus69:

The case of blood has been there right from the beginning.
Before Noah's time there was nothing like eating of meat, so people have nothing to do with eating creatures having blood. When God told now "you may now kill animals and eat" he strictly warned them to make sure they drain the blood because it's the life in that animal so they mustn't eat it! Genesis 9:4

Later when God gave the Israelites laws regarding eating of meat, he repeated this life saving rule regarding intake of blood! Leviticus 17:11-12
Note that God even condemn the eating of animals without draining it's blood for foreign residents in Israel.
So when the Apostles now after consulting the holy spirit included intake of blood in things that must be abhored {Act 15:28-29} True Christians realized that something deadly must be attached to it. Just imagine their closing remark "if you stay away from this things, you'll enjoy sound health"

Today the world is suffering so many deadly diseases and 99.9% of this diseases come from contact with blood.

So we believe it's wiser to obey the God who gave that instruction, even if we die now knowing fully that we've done all we could in obeying life saving orders from him, he will reward us during the resurrection of the dead! Matthew 10:39 compare to Job 14:13-15

God bless you! smiley
Thank you. Never expected a didactic explanation as simple as this.
Thank you again.
Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:
Thank you. Never expected a didactic explanation as simple as this.
Thank you again.
You're welcome Sir!

I was a Muslim and in Islam we believe we must drain out all the blood in the animal before we cook and eat, but what baffles me is after we've drained the blood we still cook the blood and eat. So i keep asking within myself "why all the effort if we will still cook the blood separately and eat?"
I asked my clerics they only quote that God asked us to drain the blood that's all.
It's when i studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses that i now got the accurate knowledge of the rule. Now i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Against Transfusion Of Blood? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Maximus69:

You're welcome Sir!

I was a Muslim and in Islam we believe we must drain out all the blood in the animal before we cook and eat, but what baffles me is after we've drained the blood we still cook the blood and eat. So i keep asking within myself "why all the effort if we will still cook the blood separately and eat?"
I asked my clerics they only quote that God asked us to drain the blood that's all.
It's when i studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses that i now got the accurate knowledge of the rule. Now i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Jehovah Witness? I marvel at you guy's humility even at the face of rejections. Thanks again for educating me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

About Pastor And How To Identify Fake Pastors / Pastor Kumuyi Publishes Concordance Bible For Yoruba Christians / Difference Between Rapture And Second Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.