Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You (1826 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. / Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

The probability of getting a job in a big tech company with an employee base of 10,000 is very very low...

Most company that employs remote worker are under 100 employees... So they just need someone good with logic, contribution skills and good unit testing kill set...

Just my lil contribution tho.
Lies. Big tech companies recruit daily. If you think you are good enough, apply and do the test.

Even well funded startups with very few employees are not that easy to get jobs in. They test rigorously. Do you think it was easy to get a job as a developer in paystack when it started? How many employees does paystack have?
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Lies. Big tech companies recruit daily. If you think you are good enough, apply and do the test.

Even well funded startups with very few employees are not that easy to get jobs in. They test rigorously. Do you think it was easy to get a job as a developer in paystack when it started? How many employees does paystack have?

Bros no be quarrel sha ooo

I was just airing my view.

Let me ask a question do you work for a "big tech company" OR have you ever apply to a such company before?

I have applied for various jobs and once I mention I am a Nigeria, I received a rejection mail...no opportunity to even get to the testing stage.

Hear me out...

I am not saying tech firms don't employ daily, they do, but why would dey employ a Nigeria when they can get someone with the same work skill in a country like Poland, India...

So getting the opportunity to receive an interview mail is one thing... Writing coding test is another.

Hope you get my point.

Remember this is not an argument.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

Let me ask a question do you work for a "big tech company" OR have you ever apply to a such company before?

I have applied for various jobs and once I mention I am a Nigeria, I received a rejection mail...no opportunity to even get to the testing stage.

Hear me out...

I am not saying tech firms don't employ daily, they do, but why would dey employ a Nigeria when they can get someone with the same work skill in a country like Poland, India...

So getting the opportunity to receive an interview mail is one thing... Writing coding test is another.

Hope you get my point.

Bros I don't buy that Nigerian nonsense. There are a ton of Nigerians who are working remotely for companies abroad. No be on this same nairaland a 16 years old boy is working remotely for a company in the USA.

Tech is still a field no one send where you are from but what you can do. Check very well you aren't denied because you are Nigerian.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
Cc tensazangetsu20

Secondly most startups still in there seedling stage, don't have time or resources to be finding the perfect match, since they can't be paying $3000 salary plus bonus.

So they just find something that meet the join requirements and employ them...

That's why I said that testing is for large tech companies that can afford, $4000 salary plus bonus, insurance etc.

So they need to make sure they have the right candidate for the job.

Hope yours seeing the world from my eyes.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Bros I don't buy that Nigerian nonsense. There are a ton of Nigerians who are working remotely for companies abroad. No be on this same nairaland a 16 years old boy is working remotely for a company in the USA.

Tech is still a field no one send where you are from but what you can do. Check very well you aren't denied because you are Nigerian.

It's nice talking to you...

Seems you haven't applied for a job on LinkedIn before

Thanks for sharing your point of view... Have a nice day.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Let me just add this.

Is the boy working for a large tech firm...

Isn't it $500 the boy receive monthly... Does a tech gaint pay such... That's even way way below the minimum wage in US

Did he have to write algorithms test.

I am even sure they boy can't write a unit test for his applications.

Once again... Have a nice day.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

It's nice talking to you...

Seems you haven't applied for a job on LinkedIn before

Thanks for sharing your point of view... Have a nice day.
I looked at the your profile and it seems you are an android developer. Do you have a portfolio of apps built? What of your Cv? How does it look like? If you have all this then you have to continuously apply to jobs. It's a numbers game. Even in developed countries, many tech guys apply to like 200 jobs to be able to get one job.
Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Gerrard59(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

Hear me out...

Hope you get my point.

But same tech companies are employing Nigerians some of which come with visa packages. Although, Covid-19 has hampered movements, Nigerians do get employed remotely or physically.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Kelvinnz: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
If you want to Start freelance programming my advise for you is to get a get a Stripe account so you can accept payments from anyone in any country and you can also do dropshipping as a side hustle.

https://incorpuk.com/ helped me setup my UK LTD company, Business bank accounts in USD and Pounds with debit card and I was able to open Stripe in Nigeria without any problem. I have used Stripe to accept payments and send invoice to customers anyhere.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Get High Paid Job In Tech Companies, No 8 May Shock You by Tim1212(m): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Kelvinnz:
If you want to Start freelance programming my advise for you is to get a get a Stripe account so you can accept payments from anyone in any country and you can also do dropshipping as a side hustle.

https://incorpuk.com/ helped me setup my UK LTD company, Business bank accounts in USD and Pounds with debit card and I was able to open Stripe in Nigeria without any problem. I have used Stripe to accept payments and send invoice to customers anyhere.

Nice one bro, but there pricing is costly. Can average Nigerian developer afford it? Why using a UK company to open a business name while we have CAC. You can receive money from anywhere with your local bank. You may go for domesinay account.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Java Programmers Plz Help Out / What Is Pushing You Back In Web Development? / What Would Be The Best Programming Certifications For Web Developers In 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.