Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,720 members, 7,955,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God (3383 Views)

Everything We Have Today In Science Cannot Work If The Earth Is Truly 6000years. / New Technology But Evil / Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Shocking things people do in the name of religion.

They will now say that you shouldn't touch God's anointed

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Oga go and report to God before i will take you serious. Lanchaw.
I wouldn't reduce Him to your level. Instead I would pray for you...
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Going by your posts it's obvious you're one of those religious zombies that like to shove your holiness into people's faces.
I wrote what i wrote with no regrets. If i ask you what was Abraham's religion can you tell me?
Take your religious bigotry elsewhere. You are no different from boko haram jihadists.
To be frank with you, your opinion bear no iota of relevance to me because I view it as utter foolishness. But you're entitled to it, however this is the wrong place to post such things as stipulated by the rules and regulations of this forum. If you had posted it the romance or sexuality section, no one would have any right to report you. So I felt obligated to do the right thing. By the way, just in case you forgot or lost your way, this is actually the religious section, so maybe it's you that ought to take your virus elsewhere to spread.

Cc. OAM4J, Mynd44
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:

They will now say that you shouldn't touch God's anointed
True. That's what they always say. Gullible lot.

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
I wouldn't reduce Him to your level. Instead I would pray for you...
You need the prayers more than me i swear. You can't even make a decision of your own.
Nigeria has one of the highest number of churches worldwide yet the country is full of evil... because what many of you do is just eye service just like you're doing here.
Religious dictators.

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Even your Bible story disagrees with you but your back is against the wall and can't admit a simple fact. Done with you. LMFAO!
Lolzz..with just one cherrypicked instance of just two of the many servants of just one of many kings in the Bible. So can you tell me that means the King didn't have any servant he didn't trust not to talk of all the other kings? That's when you'd have a strong case against my comment that many Kings have servants they don't trust.

Btw does the name Judas Iscariot ring any bell to you? That's the King of all kings oh but feel free to glory in the vain imaginations of your heart.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

In the words of Adams Oshiomole... "Go and die".
Forming holier than thou.
Go and live...
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

You need the prayers more than me i swear. You can't even make a decision of your own.
Nigeria has one of the highest number of churches worldwide yet the country is full of evil... because what many of you do is just eye service just like you're doing here.
Religious dictators.
I would pray for you regardless of what you say...you can also pray for me if you think I need prayers..
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Lolzz..with just one cherrypicked instance of just two of the many servants of just one of many kings in the Bible. So can you tell me that means the King didn't have any servant he didn't trust not to talk of all the other kings? That's when you'd have a strong case against my comment that many Kings have servants they don't trust.

Btw does the name Judas Iscariot ring any bell to you? That's the King of all kings oh but feel free to glory in the vain imaginations of your heart.

If Jesus knew exactly what Judas was going to do how did he distrust Judas? LoL.

EDIT: BTW can you tell me what happened to David when Saul distrusted him or when the Philistine kings distrusted him? LoLz
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
I would pray for you regardless of what you say...you can also pray for me if you think I need prayers..
I'm sure you have your personal problems, focus your prayer on that.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Go and live...
No joke you need mental health care.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

True. That's what they always say. Gullible lot.

When you ask them.if they aren't God's anointed as well, they'll keep quiet
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:

When you ask them.if they aren't God's anointed as well, they'll keep quiet
Who even anointed the Daddy O himself? People just wake up and declare themselves born again, next thing they attach pastor or prophet to their name.

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Who even anointed the Daddy O himself? People just wake up and declare themselves born again, next thing they attach pastor or prophet to their name.

Aswrrrrr......

That's why we.keep having idiots in the name of pastors.....

Someone will discover that there's money in Christianity,from there he'll declare himself apostle pastor prophet grin undecided

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Them no go kill me with laughter.....

See nonsense excuses upandan they're giving

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:

Aswrrrrr......

That's why we.keep having idiots in the name of pastors.....

Someone will discover that there's money in Christianity,from there he'll declare himself apostle pastor prophet grin undecided
Church is now one of the most lucrative business/scam.
Maga dey pay weekly.

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Church is now one of the most lucrative business/scam.
Maga dey pay weekly.

If not daily......

Free sex
Free clothes
Free card

Free everything

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:

If not daily......

Free sex Free clothes Free card
Free everything
I swear enough freebies yet same followers can't boast of same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

I swear enough freebies yet same followers can't boast of same thing.

Oohhh....

There daddy GO said they'll get enough when they go to heaven

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by krushdripper(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Some May Trust In Science, Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God

This topic might sound familiar to some old timers who are acquainted with one of the most popular songs of world renowned gospel artist Bob Fitts which goes like this:

Some may trust in horses,
some may trust in chariots,
but we will trust in the name of our God...

So it's just a rephrase of the original song lyrics, however the concept remains the same. Not trusting in 'horses or chariots' doesn't mean 'we' don't use 'horses or chariots'...Yes we may use 'horses and chariots' to serve their purposes in our lives, but WE DON'T TRUST IN THEM as some do! That's the difference. We put our trust in the Lord our God who Created them all.

The same applies to science and technology...we don't put our trust in them even though we use them, because we view them merely as servants which are meant to serve their respective purposes in our lives.

Our trust is in the Lord our God, the Creator of the heavens and the Earth and everything in it, which is what science actually learns from. So when science fails, we don't get stranded and hopeless as those who put their trust in science, because our hopes and trust transcends beyond the scope of fallible science unto the Lord our God who never fails.

God bless Nigeria.
Forget the fact that you ended this !?!(??!/@! with 'God bless Nigeria', This is about the most disgustingly irritating rubbish i've come across on nairaland since i registered.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2020
krushdripper:
Forget the fact that you ended this !?!(??!/@! with 'God bless Nigeria', This is about the most disgustingly irritating rubbish i've come across on nairaland since i registered.
Yet it may be your soul saver.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2020
LordReed:

If Jesus knew exactly what Judas was going to do how did he distrust Judas? LoL.

EDIT: BTW can you tell me what happened to David when Saul distrusted him or when the Philistine kings distrusted him? LoLz
I can't believe that someone could possibly argue the undeniable fact that Jesus the King of Kings distrusted Judas Iscariot one of His servants... that's blind argument sir. Haba, it would been more honorable for you if you just quit after that absolutely debunked your idea that a servant must be trusted. Instead of cherry picking one or two more incidents in the Bible which you think supports your argument, why not just state plainly if you believe no king in the history of the world ever had a servant that he distrusted? That's when you'd still have any case otherwise it's case closed!
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
I can't believe that someone could possibly argue the undeniable fact that Jesus the King of Kings distrusted Judas Iscariot one of His servants... that's blind argument sir. Haba, it would been more honorable for you if you just quit after that absolutely debunked your idea that a servant must be trusted. Instead of cherry picking one or two more incidents in the Bible which you think supports your argument, why not just state plainly if you believe no king in the history of the world ever had a servant that he distrusted? That's when you'd still have any case otherwise it's case closed!

Very simple question that you cannot honestly answer, how did Jesus distrust Judas?

Bwahahahaha! 3 examples from your book of stories is cherry picking? You know you are done stop prolonging the agony. LMFAO!
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2020
From the beginning God created love, and there was trust everywhere,but rebellion came and gave birth to false religion which brought about prejudice which gives birth to lack of trust which in turn give birth to hatred.
Science supposed to be working on things that will enhance the lives of all creatures but science got married to false religion and instead of making things that will improve life, science keep manufacturing destructive devices.
From long sharp swords that could pierce through the human flesh to biological weapons that can destroy millions of life within few minutes.
So both SCIENCE and FALSE RELIGION is to blame for all the killings and holocausts ever experienced on this planet! smiley
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by ThinkFreely: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2020
Maximus69:
From the beginning God created love, and there was trust everywhere,but rebellion came and gave birth to false religion which brought about prejudice which gives birth to lack of trust which in turn give birth to hatred.
Science supposed to be working on things that will enhance the lives of all creatures but science got married to false religion and instead of making things that will improve life, science keep manufacturing destructive devices.
From long sharp swords that could pierce through the human flesh to biological weapons that can destroy millions of life within few minutes.
So both SCIENCE and FALSE RELIGION is to blame for all the killings and holocausts ever experienced on this planet! smiley
Science is exposing the lies in religion.

Religion doesn’t like that.
The more science advance, the more they expose various inadequacies in religion. It would only take time before the lies of religion is totally exposed by science. Religion is losing the grip with the growth of science.

Just deal with it.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2020
ThinkFreely:

Science is exposing the lies in religion.
Religion doesn’t like that.
The more science advance, the more they expose various inadequacies in religion. It would only take time before the lies of religion is totally exposed by science. Religion is losing the grip with the growth of science.
Just deal with it.

Both on parallel lines, they'll never agree in this system of things because the motives of those organizing the two faculties differs completely.
Science is all about discovering new things that will make life sweeter but Faith is what navigates the thoughts of those making use of what science discovers.
If science fails to discover those things life will remain primitive and if Faith fails to navigates humans thoughts life will become unbearable.
Humans like every other creature can survive without science, but we will not last without Faith, because we're intelligent creatures aspiring to do things in different ways and this will always cause friction amongst us, so without a higher intelligent being (God) setting the standard, we will continue to annihilate ourselves! smiley
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by ThinkFreely: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Both on parallel lines, they'll never agree in this system of things because the motives of those organizing the two faculties differs completely.
Science is all about discovering new things that will make life sweeter but Faith is what navigates the thoughts of those making use of what science discovers.
If science fails to discover those things life will remain primitive and if Faith fails to navigates humans thoughts life will become unbearable.
Humans like every other creature can survive without science, but we will not last without Faith, because we're intelligent creatures aspiring to do things in different ways and this will always cause friction amongst us, so without a higher intelligent being (God) setting the standard, we will continue to annihilate ourselves! smiley
Faith can exist independent of a god.
Religion is actually the act of having faith in a god not the act of having faith in general.

You can have faith in something without having to involve god, so I think religion has hijacked the word “faith”. For example, I have “faith” in my daughter than she’s gonna make a big impact in the world when she’s grown up.

If what science discovers is becoming problem of religion then it’s becomes imperative to question religious faith.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Faith can exist independent of a god.
Religion is actually the act of having faith in a god not the act of having faith in general.

You can have faith in something without having to involve god, so I think religion has hijacked the word “faith”. For example, I have “faith” in my daughter than she’s gonna make a big impact in the world when she’s grown up.

If what science discovers is becoming problem of religion then it’s becomes imperative to question religious faith.

Thanks for the Sincerity shown regarding Faith.

So if you have faith that your daughter will make a big impact in the world when she's grown up, what gives you the assurance that envious people won't kill her before then?

Remember each parent wants exactly the same thing for their child, so know that without God in the picture nobody will lay low for your child to achieve that dream, rather everyone will think of how to win the competition, this is exactly what is putting us at great risk if we should remove the idea of God from the picture! wink
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by ThinkFreely: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Thanks for the Sincerity shown regarding Faith.

So if you have faith that your daughter will make a big impact in the world when she's grown up, what gives you the assurance that envious people won't kill her before then?

Remember each parent wants exactly the same thing for their child, so know that without God in the picture nobody will lay low for your child to achieve that dream, rather everyone will think of how to win the competition, this is exactly what is putting us at great risk if we should remove the idea of God from the picture! wink
Theres no evidence a god pertakes in it.

There’s evidence that you can contribute to the realization of this faith or not.

A faith that’s a god exist doesn’t even have any evidence.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Theres no evidence a god pertakes in it.

There’s evidence that you can contribute to the realization of this faith or not.

A faith that’s a god exist doesn’t even have any evidence.

Please let's keep the debate about God's existence in a cooler for now.

You never answered my question!

Everyone wants to have children and each person wants his/her children to become great in life. The President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House, Governors of various States, local government chairmen, traditional Kings, Chiefs, Religious leaders, and millions of others living in your country wants the same for each of their children.
Now these people are in charge of the affairs of your nation, so they have the power to manipulate things with their influence.
My question is how do you now expect all these people to support your own daughter in achieving a dream that's not in their own favour? undecided
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by ThinkFreely: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Please let's keep the debate about God's existence in a cooler for now.

You never answered my question!

Everyone wants to have children and each person wants his/her children to become great in life. The President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House, Governors of various States, local government chairmen, traditional Kings, Chiefs, Religious leaders, and millions of others living in your country wants the same for each of their children.
Now these people are in charge of the affairs of your nation, so they have the power to manipulate things with their influence.
My question is how do you now expect all these people to support your own daughter in achieving a dream that's not in their own favour? undecided
Thats where permutations and probability comes in. And the ability to position yourself rightly.

Having faith doesn’t mean it will manifest. It’s just faith, you can only try to make it work and hope that the odds aren’t against you.

It’s as simple as that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pray For Pastor Chris And Christ Embassy If You Love Christ / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / Late Bishop Eddie Long Buried In $100k Casket (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.