Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} (66239 Views)

What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) / Civet Killed In FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by oluwaseyi0: 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
offset67:
Is he your father??

Nope.

He's my very close lecturer when I was in school

We lost him last year in an accident
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by Poseidon000: 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Vianna:
Nigerians eat anything, even rodents. Well it's common in Africa generally tho, it's a survival technique. Reasons the whites call us all sorts .. we've literally failed to glide along with evolution.
You wannabes suffering from acute inferiority complex never hesitate to seize on the opportunity to throw invectives at African's with black skin for the same thing the people you herald are guilty of. Probably to feel woke and ingratiate yourself to people who don't give a fvck about your existence.
Just recently, I saw a restaurant in the US on fox news where bugs(ants) are served. This is just an isolated instance out of plethora of cases in the US alone; heck, I'm not talking about the distasteful things those in the orient(east asia) eat, which probably is the cause of the parlous situation menacing the whole world with regard to covid 19. Yet you have the indecency of a chutzpah to disparage Africans for eating a mammal, and citing the whites as a touchstone example for emulation. I bet you're part of the charlatans shouting black lives matter with nauseating gusto.

You're nothing but a naive hypocritical nitwit.

3 Likes

Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by offset67(m): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Nope.
sorry for your loss
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by offset67(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

Nope.
l I won't use it again
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by VickyRotex(f): 1:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Enwhen:

How man go do ?, Meat , fish don coast cos of the corona issue ...if at all, make soup no empty , d bush meat show face to help poor man eat rich...sis abeg no vex.

Hmmmmmm still doesn't justify eating them but issoright cry cry cry
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by VickyRotex(f): 1:49am On Jul 07, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

Which disease

Civetisitis undecided undecided
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by lildush(m): 2:02am On Jul 07, 2020
Na person u kill so ooo
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by dragunov: 2:30am On Jul 07, 2020
Vianna:
Nigerians eat anything, even rodents. Well it's common in Africa generally tho, it's a survival technique. Reasons the whites call us all sorts .. we've literally failed to glide along with evolution.

So...... China, a country that is economically, militarily, scientifically and technologically at par with the Western nations, particularly the US; a country where all kinds of rodents, scorpions, cockroaches, birds, human foetuses, dogs, cats, i mean anything moving, flying or crawling are promptly consumed has failed to glide along with evolution?

You have just parroted what your Oyinbo masters have programmed into your mind. Dey dere till events overtake you
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by dragunov: 2:33am On Jul 07, 2020
Poseidon000:

You wannabes suffering from acute inferiority complex never hesitate to seize on the opportunity to throw invectives at African's with black skin for the same thing the people you herald are guilty of. Probably to feel woke and ingratiate yourself to people who don't give a fvck about your existence.
Just recently, I saw a restaurant in the US on fox news where bugs(ants) are served. This is just an isolated instance out of plethora of cases in the US alone; heck, I'm not talking about the distasteful things those in the orient(east asia) eat, which probably is the cause of the parlous situation menacing the whole world with regard to covid 19. Yet you have the indecency of a chutzpah to disparage Africans for eating a mammal, and citing the whites as a touchstone example for emulation. I bet you're part of the charlatans shouting black lives matter with nauseating gusto.

You're nothing but a naive hypocritical nitwit.

DAYYYUUUMM! GOOD LAWD! That was a TKO. I love this

1 Like

Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by dejavuh0007(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

The whites don't call us names because we eat rodents. Say another thing.
And what about the Chinese??
The Sars virus didn't breakout on African soil.
Where did Ebola break out from?
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by szymanski(m): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2020
A civet cat like this cost $65,000 for an american company andats. You can search for them on google or twitter, they can buy this cat from you to use in producing Thai civet coffee which is the most expensive coffee in the world today. Civet eats this coffee and shits it out, its said that the coffee farments properly in their system.. Guy na better money una kill so oooo...
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by lucky4west: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2020
better meat chai! i de inside office for cold while men de flex better meat for home...chai
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

Which disease, them dey chop am raw?.
na u gp swallow am pass of them give u the bushmeat. , cheesy

So, it is only by chopping meat raw that you can catch viruses?

Look at how one of those guys is using his bare hand to hold the wild animal. Just imagine the viruses that may be trapped in the animal's fur. The guy holding the tail will then proceed to touch his face or pick his nose, thereby infecting himself.

Moreover, cooking alone does not kill viruses. You need to cook very well to kill some really stubborn viruses, like the coronavirus, for instance.
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by adegeye38(m): 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
Vianna:
Who gave you the theory of evolution??, And you gobble it up?, Who keeps making you feel inferior because of the colour of your skin?.
Killing endangered species is bad, but all races are all guilty of this....

By the way Jesus loves you, give your life to him
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by ArchAngelos999: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
I'm for or against, just answer me this. Why is eating this animal different from eating a goat or a cow

Vianna:
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by Muroko(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
PapaZeus:
If u see d dragon i killed in my own compound last week, e for dey game of thrones
Abi na u I hear say kill 4 dragon grin
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by Ogagawhite(f): 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
Pls biko Mbok nobody should chop that things oh, na that tin bring corona virus come Nigeria,if u think say I Dey lie go ask lai mohamed
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by Mftivi: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:

The whites don't call us names because we eat rodents. Say another thing.

And what about the Chinese??

The Sars virus didn't breakout on African soil.
they go just open mouth waaaah dey cap.
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by sofiscatedmoron: 10:26am On Jul 11, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

So, it is only by chopping meat raw that you can catch viruses?

Look at how one of those guys is using his bare hand to hold the wild animal. Just imagine the viruses that may be trapped in the animal's fur. The guy holding the tail will then proceed to touch his face or pick his nose, thereby infecting himself.

Moreover, cooking alone does not kill viruses. You need to cook very well to kill some really stubborn viruses, like the coronavirus, for instance.
So u think u can get virus that easy?.
U need to think again,
You can only get virus by exchange of body fluids , ,
If its that easy that means you must have millions of virus in your body,,
Moreover corona virus is not immune to heat, in fact a little heating kills corona, use ur Google
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

So u think u can get virus that easy?.
U need to think again,
You can only get virus by exchange of body fluids

You must be joking, right? Who told you that you only catch a virus when you exchange bodily fluids?

If its that easy that means you must have millions of virus in your body,,
Moreover corona virus is not immune to heat, in fact a little heating kills corona, use ur Google

There are more viruses than stars in the universe, but most viruses are harmless. Even when they infect you, you don't get sick at all.

Some viruses even help us fight other viruses or pathogens. Some of these viruses are called 'phages' and are actually a part of our immune system.
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by sofiscatedmoron: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You must be joking, right? Who told you that you only catch a virus when you exchange bodily fluids?

There are more viruses than stars in the universe, but most viruses are harmless. Even when they infect you, you don't get sick at all.

Some viruses even help us fight other viruses or pathogens. Some of these viruses are called 'phages' and are actually a part of our immune system.
And who told u get viruses in your body by touching a wild animal?

Take for example,, u can touch a hiv infected person without being infected, but if the blood splashes into your eyes or where u have a skin cut,, thats when u get it
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

And who told u get viruses in your body by touching a wild animal?

You can get any virus by touching contaminated surfaces and then using that hand to touch openings in your face such as your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you touch an animal with a fur that is full of viruses, and you touch your face without first washing your hands, you risk infecting yourself.

Take for example,, u can touch a hiv infected person without being infected, but if the blood splashes into your eyes or where u have a skin cut,, thats when u get it

You can touch a person who has caught the coronavirus too, without catching it. However, you may now have a hand full of the viruses. So, if you don't wash your hands, and you touch your face, you risk infecting yourself.

And this is not just about viruses, but about all types of germs. If you don't practise personal hygiene, any germs can infect you. It is common sense.
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by sofiscatedmoron: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You can get any virus by touching contaminated surfaces and then using that hand to touch openings in your face such as your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you touch an animal with a fur that is full of viruses, and you touch your face without first washing your hands, you risk infecting yourself.

You can touch a person who has caught the coronavirus too, without catching it. However, you may now have a hand full of the viruses. So, if you don't wash your hands, and you touch your face, you risk infecting yourself.

And this is not just about viruses, but about all types of germs. If you don't practise personal hygiene, any germs can infect you. It is common sense.

You lack understanding,
Virus dont penetrate skin surfaces, it need access to your body fluid before u get nfected period,
Re: We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

You lack understanding,
Virus dont penetrate skin surfaces, it need access to your body fluid before u gey infected period,

You should read my previous posts very well.

I wrote that if you touch a Covid-19 patient, you don't get infected automatically. It is when you touch places such as your eyes, mouth, and or nose that you risk getting infected.

So, if you handle wild animals with your bare hands, then you may get a lot of viruses onto your hands if that animal has viruses trapped in its fur. If you don't wash your hands before touching your face, you may risk infecting yourself.

There are fluids in your eyes, nose, and mouth. So, if you carry the viruses on your hands and make contact with fluids such as mucus and saliva, you can infect yourself.

That is the point. That is why you need to be careful when you handle wild animals because many of them are vectors for plagues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / See What Rice Traders Do To Bags Of Rice To Reduce Its Quantity (pics/video) / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.