Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Give Us Anioma State Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us Anioma State Now! (3672 Views)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2011
Creation of Anioma State is the Solution

It is so surprising that in our Delta state some eminent personalities we ought to look up to in matters that should lead to the growth of development should artificially explore and gather utilities necessary for the creation of tribalism in the state thereby setting the state at war with itself as one unbiased writer would put it. This development has also set the path for dichotomy, ethnic and political violence which the state is known for. 

The problem with the state is that the some ethnic group in the state who believe that the state belongs to them courtesy of the “Delta” which is the name of the state. These people see the state as their own patrimony. This ethnic group is of the opinion that wherever the name ‘Delta’ is mentioned it certainly refers to the ethnic groups and maybe Delta state is not large enough to accommodate other ethnic groups outside of them or it just could be if only the capital of the state could be relocated to Warri. This is the remote and immediate cause of the cold war in the state. Many personalities from the state have contributed their opinions on this matter.

It is only in Nigeria that we avoid constructive issues, advice and plans that should harmonize the diverse peoples of the nation and further lead to development. The problem again is that we deliberately manufacture problems in this nation and sometimes when there is relative peace we quickly sit down and strategize on how this relative peace could be truncated so that we can in the process gain cheap publicity or improve our profiles. One wonders why it is not the situation in developed countries such as the USA, Britain, France, Germany, Japan, China etc. Only very few students in Nigeria today can mention 10 states in Japan or even 5 in China. Worse still, I am very sure that as you read this article most of us cannot rightly tell what state nelson Mandela originates from in South Africa here or Kwame Nkruma state of origin in Ghana.

I think on of the ways we can help ourselves in this country is the Federal Government imposing a ban on information dealing with ‘state of origin’, ‘town’, ‘local government area’, place of birth and others for only this will give Nigerians the real idea that we are one in spite of where you come from and that it does not really matter whether your journey takes you 2 hours or more from Asaba to any other part of Delta state or Nigeria for that matter. After all Airports are necessary to quickly and easily facilitate our movements from part of our state to another.

It is an absurdity to rely on provincial delineation used by the British to effectively achieve divide and rule criterion for state creation in Nigeria and else way, the same method we should have condemned. If this criterion which  tribal division which execrably achieved the location of Yoruba in Nigeria and Benin Republic, Ewe in Togo and Ghana and other places alike why must we seek to rely on it in referencing whether we were one people or not. Any student of history would then want to know how the people related and viewed themselves before the coming of the Europeans in the first place. We know that states can be created and be created depending on the position of things at any point in time. Years back ‘Obafemi Awolowo University and indeed Ile-Ife was located in Oyo state and has historically been today, the great centre of learning is located in Osun state. Aboh and the people of Ukwuani were once part of the old Delta province; today they are parts of Anioma.

The Abuja authorities decided to merge agitations from both sides and perhaps were convinced that since the whole of these areas are geographically located in the Delta region, the state can be called Delta state and the capital situated in Asaba because the people constituting Delta south already have the name referred to as the state. In creating a state any name or word can be coined. We saw this in the creation of the defunct Bendel state and Benin City was named the capital. Provinces make no sense.

Maybe we look up the word ‘Delta’ in the dictionary in other to appreciate that the word does not tribally refer to any particular nation, ethnic group, tribe or ethnic group much less a particular region confined to Nigeria. We are therefore aptly sure to believe that all the communities without any exception now lying in Delta state are geographically located in with the Delta region of Nigeria. Is Delta an indigenous name in Nigeria? There is countless number of Deltas in existence the world over. We well know that what is called Delta today might well have been called a different name. What is happening today among those who believe that state creation has to do with tribalism occurs because we in Delta state have simply refused to live together as one bid family unless we have the government announce our premises as the state capital.

The capital of Anambra state could have been situated in Onitsha, Ogun in Ijebu-Ode, Oyo in Ibadan, Abia state in Aba. The capital of Nigeria was once situated in Lagos by the British later moved to Abuja, there was no protest and no one would think it was not wise and judge with the basis of the wisdom of the Britain who used provincial delineation in deciding that the capital of the nation be suitably located in Lagos. One wonders why all this noise about Asaba after all Asaba was once the capital of southern Nigeria which included the area now called Delta state.

Rather than help champion the cause of separation of these two entities through the creation of another state from the present state these people would further suggest the relocation of Anioma to Anambra state and become a member of South Eastern group of states. The same argument Governors of the south East would turn down where they alleged that the creation of Anioma state would mean an extra state for the people of South-south. How confused we are in this country or how prepared we are to play with the destinies of group of people if only we can achieve our personal aims in the name of our ethnic group

We all know the solution to this matter and this the creation of Anioma state

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/politics-articles/creation-of-anioma-state-is-the-solution-453659.html

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 8:05am On Feb 02, 2011
I will not rest until Anioma State is created. cool
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2011
so what do nigerians think that achieve by getting more 'states'.

every tribe wants more 'states'

what's the point? im honestly curious, because, wtf?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 8:10am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

It matters not.I will not rest until Anioma State is created. cool
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 8:12am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

Anioma state is most needed, because the Igbo population of Delta State deserve their own state.

For the sake of ideological homogeneity as it pertains to politics, the Igbos of Delta state should govern themselves. That is my belief and I stand by my belief.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 8:17am On Feb 02, 2011

Anioma state is most needed, because the Igbo population of Delta State deserve their own state.

For the sake of ideological homogeneity as it pertains to politics, the Igbos of Delta state should govern themselves. That is my belief and I stand by my belief.

you didn't answer the question.
what BENEFIT is this to the 'anioma' people?

Lets say they have their own state, how does this benefit the lives of the people in this new state? what is the beneficial difference?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

Lets say they have their own state, how does this benefit the lives of the people in this new state? what is the beneficial difference?

I guess you do not know what "ideological homogeneity" means. undecided

Let me break it down for you, the benefit is that it allows the Anioma people to govern themselves, because they will be in a state only made up of Igbo people. That is why we have state creation in Nigeria. To create homogenous states, because ethnic diversity in a state leads to problems. Plateau state is the perfect example of what happens in a heterogeneous state.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 8:42am On Feb 02, 2011
I guess you do not know what "ideological homogeneity" means. Undecided

Let me break it down for you, the benefit is that it allows the Anioma people to govern themselves, because they will be in a state only made up of Igbo people. That is why we have state creation in Nigeria. To create homogenous states, because ethnic diversity in a state leads to problems. Plateau state is the perfect example of what happens in a heterogeneous state.
Lagos is heterogenous,
Rivers is heterogenous,
Abuja is heterogenous
Akwa Ibom is heterogenous
Cross Rivers is heterogenous

EASILY the 5 richest and fastest developing states in the union.

dude, Imo state has ideological homogenity. It's poor.
Ogun state has ideological homogenity. It's poor
Anambra state has ideological homogenity. It's poor.
Osun state has ideological homogenity. It's poor
Zamafara state that ideological homogenity. It's poor
Sokoto state have ideological homogenity. It's poor
Ebonyi sate has ideological homogenity. It's poor.
outside of Nigeria
Somalia has ideological homogenity
Afganistan has ideological homogenity
Haiti has ideological homogenity.

so where does ideological homogenity correlate with success?
Or are their no corrupt igbos and thus you have to get rid of the other groups to get rid of corruption?

why are my people so cursed by ignorance.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 8:44am On Feb 02, 2011
you didn't even answer the question. obviously an all igbo state would be heterogenous.

but where does the benefit come from. a lack of violence? there's more violence in Abia state then Jos, we all know this. why be ignorant?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 8:46am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

Lagos is heterogenous,
Rivers is heterogenous,(state agitation here too)
Abuja is heterogenous
Akwa Ibom is heterogenous(state agitation here as well)
Cross Rivers is heterogenous

EASILY the 5 richest and fastest developing states in the union.

dude, Imo state has ideological homogenity. It's poor.
Ogun state has ideological homogenity. It's poor
Anambra state has ideological homogenity. It's poor.
Osun state has ideological homogenity. It's poor
Zamafara state that ideological homogenity. It's poor
Sokoto state have ideological homogenity. It's poor
Ebonyi sate has ideological homogenity. It's poor.
outside of Nigeria
Somalia has ideological homogenity
Afganistan has ideological homogenity
Haiti has ideological homogenity.

so where does ideological homogenity correlate with success?
Or are their no corrupt igbos and thus you have to get rid of the other groups to get rid of corruption?

why are my people so cursed by ignorance.

The South East Geo-political zone is the only region in Nigeria with only 5 states-losing over a trillion Naira of fed allocation to other regions; continually lose votes at the Federal Executive council meetings, fail to record political voice in political arena and reduced to almost nothing. The total number of Local Govt Areas in the region is only comparable to four states in the North.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 8:46am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

you didn't even answer the question. obviously an all igbo state would be heterogenous.

but where does the benefit come from. a lack of violence? there's more violence in Abia state then Jos, we all know this. why be ignorant?

The bolded is a lie and you know it. You have been making ignorant statements on various threads. Now stop using the word "ignorant" loosely. You type that word way too much, when the discussion doesn't warrant it.

And I gave you an answer. You chose not to listen. And I hate to repeat myself.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by wesley80(m): 8:59am On Feb 02, 2011
@Chyz and EzeUche_

And if I may ask u two, whose Cause are u two championing by your Cyber agitation? Is the Igbo's? the Aniomas? its definitely not the Cause of Deltans or perharps its just your own personal deluded Cause? Really, I'lld luv 2 know.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 9:05am On Feb 02, 2011
wesley80:

@Chyz and EzeUche_

And if I may ask u two, whose Cause are u two championing by your Cyber agitation? Is the Igbo's? the Aniomas? its definitely not the Cause of Deltans or perharps its just your own personal deluded Cause? Really, I'lld luv 2 know.

Actually, there are many Igbos championing the cause for Anioma State. This did not come out of thin air. Many Igbos have always believed the Anioma people should have their own state and rightfully so. I have provided you with links concerning Anioma State agitation.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Movement-for-the-Creation-of-Anioma-State/133880459971701

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/pdp-chieftain-makes-case-for-anioma-state/

http://asaba.com/?p=366

http://articlet.com/article159.html

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2006/mar/081.html

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2011

The bolded is a lie and you know it. You have been making ignorant statements on various threads. Now stop using the word "ignorant" loosely. You type that word way too much, when the discussion doesn't warrant it.

And I gave you an answer. You chose not to listen. And I hate to repeat myself.
Kidnapping waves in Abia that happen 24/7 are not comparable to violence in jos that breaks out twice a year. This is not even counting human trafficking, and cultism. gtfo.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2011
The South East Geo-political zone is the only region in Nigeria with only 5 states-losing over a trillion Naira of fed allocation to other regions; continually lose votes at the Federal Executive council meetings, fail to record political voice in political arena and reduced to almost nothing. The total number of Local Govt Areas in the region is only comparable to four states in the North.

the south east geo political zone is also easily the richest, most educated and has the highest life expectancy.
it also has the most corrupt GOVERNORS and LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 9:08am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

Kidnapping waves in Abia that happen 24/7 are not comparable to violence in jos that breaks out twice a year. This is not even counting human trafficking, and cultism. gtfo.

Kidnapping is another evil, but it is nothing compared to the widespread slaughter of a people. Just ask the Berom people and their conflict with the Hausa. And the violence in Jos is not happening twice a year now. Haven't you been reading the news? The violence is daily. So enough with your incessant ramblings.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

Edo state alone,has a high rate of kidnapping yet it has one of the best governors in nigeria. Human trafficking and cultism is everywhere in nigeria. Rivers state has it yet it governor is one of the best in nigeria. What can you say about Enugu?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by rasputinn(m): 9:13am On Feb 02, 2011
Give us REAL advatages that would engender
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by rasputinn(m): 9:15am On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Edo state alone,has a high rate of kidnapping yet it has one of the best governors in nigeria. Human trafficking and cultism is everywhere in nigeria. Rivers state has it yet it governor is one of the best in nigeria. What can you say about Enugu?

How did you arrive at listing Oshiomhole as one of the best governors in Nigeria.You are obviously unaware of what is happening in Edo state.No time for me to enumerate hear,just investigate yoursself
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by wesley80(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Actually, there are many Igbos championing the cause for Anioma State. This did not come out of thin air. Many Igbos have always believed the Anioma people should have their own state and rightfully so. I have provided you with links concerning Anioma State agitation.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Movement-for-the-Creation-of-Anioma-State/133880459971701

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/pdp-chieftain-makes-case-for-anioma-state/

http://asaba.com/?p=366

http://articlet.com/article159.html

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2006/mar/081.html

And I'm sure there are many more groups championing the Cause for a future Republic of Biafra also arent there? Just cos u can count a dozen groups pursuing a silly Cause doesnt by any way give credence to their Cause .
BTW u didnt answer my question, but permit me to rephrase, In whose interest is an Anioma state? The Igbo's, the future Anioma's or u two Cyber agitators?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2011
wesley80:

And I'm sure there are many more groups championing the Cause for a future Republic of Biafra also arent there? Just cos u can count a dozen groups pursuing a silly Cause doesnt by any way give credence to their Cause .
BTW u didnt answer my question, but permit me to rephrase, In whose interest is an Anioma state? The Igbo's, the future Anioma's or u two Cyber agitators?

@bolded, thats an oxymoron.Boy if you knew what i am during to help the agistation for Anioma State offline you'd keep your mouth shut. The Aniomas since 1951 have wanted to be in a region with their eastern brothers,you should know this by now.

http://anioma.org/about/
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

@bolded, thats an oxymoron.Boy if you knew what i am during to help the agistation for Anioma State offline you'd keep your mouth shut. The Aniomas since 1951 have wanted to be in a region with their eastern brothers,you should know this by now.

Thank you for your posting. It seems like people argue for the sake of arguing without using their reasoning skills. This can be quite depressing, because it seems like some people on Nairaland cannot grasp basic common sense.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 9:31am On Feb 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Thank you for your posting. It seems like people argue for the sake of arguing without using their reasoning skills. This can be quite depressing, because it seems like some people on Nairaland cannot grasp basic common sense.

Sometimes our brother Wesley80 likes to go against the grain just for the sake of it but he's cool. cool
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by wesley80(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

I'm sure u've done a whole lot for your Cause except that which was actually needed; finding out if the people REALLY need an Anioma state to progress.
EzeUche_:

U're yappin. Answer d simple question or forever remain dumb, In whose interest is an Anioma state?

Chyz*:

Sometimes our brother Wesley80 likes to go against the grain just for the sake of it but he's cool. cool
Oh come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, That trick is dated!
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by ChinenyeN(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
All this gara gara. . . give it up. They aren't going to create any more new states. In fact, new states were promised before 2011, and they didn't deliver. So no dice. It really sucks though, Aba could have been materialized. . .
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
ChinenyeN:

All this gara gara. . . give it up. They aren't going to create any more new states. In fact, new states were promised before 2011, and they didn't deliver. So no dice. It really sucks though, Aba could have been materialized. . .

You are still upset, because there is no widespread support for Aba State. Sorry, but that will never happen. There are hundreds of reasons why there should be an Anioma State, but none for Aba. Who are the good people of Aba running from? Fellow Igbos? The Anioma people have to compete with non-Igbos, such as the Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko, Itsekiri, which makes the state resemble a Mini Nigeria.

We Igbos have more pressing matters than to worry about Aba State so get out of with that nonsense.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by ChinenyeN(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
Your problem, EzeUche is that you assume too much. The issue of states has never upset me. Granted, I have always liked the idea of Aba state. The thought of it genuinely appeases me, but I don't particularly need it for anything. So, I'm not all that concerned with whether or not it manifests, though I wouldn't mind seeing such happen.

Also, this whole state issue is not a contest between Aba and Anioma. So, I'm not at all upset about widespread support for anything regarding states. If anything, my disposition is indifference. I'm indifferent to whatever issue Anioma is having, and I'm indifferent to whether or not they get their own state. Their plight is not my problem.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Afam4eva(m): 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ Ikengawo
You're one of the most ignorant people on this forum. There's more violence in Aba than Jos. Ignorance must have found a new abode. If yoou don't have anything contrucjtive to say just Shhhhh.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Your problem, EzeUche is that you assume too much. The issue of states has never upset me. Granted, I have always liked the idea of Aba state. The thought of it genuinely appeases me, but I don't particularly need it for anything. So, I'm not all that concerned with whether or not it manifests, though I wouldn't mind seeing such happen.

Also, this whole state issue is not a contest between Aba and Anioma. So, I'm not at all upset about widespread support for anything regarding states. If anything, my disposition is indifference. I'm indifferent to whatever issue Anioma is having, and I'm indifferent to whether or not they get their own state. Their plight is not my problem.

You are a very clannish individual, I must say. I have never come across an Igbo who thinks like, and I find it very unfortunate. I still take your words with a grain of salt, because you have never lived in Igboland. The Ngwa I have encountered have never had those "separation" views from the wider Igbo, so I do not know why you think like this.

Most Igbos are not indifferent to the plight of their brethren across Igboland and Nigeria as a whole. I care about all Igbo clans. My support of Anioma State clearly shows this, because I have no connection to the Anioma people. However, I still see them as Igbo and they truly deserve a state.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

I will not rest until Anioma State is created. cool

u better stop cursing yourself because the state will not be created undecided
Ikengawo:

gbammmmm

thank you
EzeUche_:

For the sake of ideological homogeneity as it pertains to politics[b], the Igbos of Delta state should govern themselves. That is my belief and I stand by my belief.[/b]

as directed to afam4ever
and the yorubas in lagos have no right to govern themselves because of the igbo population,. abi
i dey laff oooo
Ikengawo:

thank you again brother
Chyz*:

dumb and irrelevent
ChinenyeN:

thank you again
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
Kidnapping is another evil, but it is nothing compared to the widespread slaughter of a people. Just ask the Berom people and their conflict with the Hausa. And the violence in Jos is not happening twice a year now. Haven't you been reading the news? The violence is daily. So enough with your incessant ramblings.

kidnappers kill. On top of that there's also notorious violent crime in Benin and Abia, both homogenous.

so again, were does having one ethnic group benefit a state? we have both proven homo and heterogenous states in nigeria are horrible, so where does anioma state stand to benefit from splitting out of delta state?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

kidnappers kill. On top of that there's also notorious violent crime in Benin and Abia, both homogenous.

so again, were does having one ethnic group benefit a state? we have both proven homo and heterogenous states in nigeria are horrible, so where does anioma state stand to benefit from splitting out of delta state?

Is Benin a state?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bloodshed Will Occur In Nigeria On January 25--prophet Okafor Predicts / A Tale Of Two Elections: How I Went From Sai Buhari To Go Jonathan! / My Take On Pastor Adeboye Donating Ambulance To Israel - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.