Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Give Us Anioma State Now! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us Anioma State Now! (3718 Views)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by ChinenyeN(m): 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
Andre Uweh:

C'mon quit chatting crap. Since when has the northwest become twice as rich and developed than the south east.

Ikengawo:

on par? what par? lol
when did the race to have more states start and how has having more states benefited anyone?

do you people really believe this stuff?

is the southeast with less states that the northwest still not twice as rich and developed as the northwest?

are you people really this confused?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
lol@ comparing kidnapping in Abia to violence in jos

The 2001, 2008 and 2010 conflicts in Jos have resulted in the deaths of more than 1500 Nigerians and hundreds more have been injured and somebody is saying that is less violent than small recurrent kidnapping sprees.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

lol@ comparing kidnapping in Abia to violence in jos

The 2001, 2008 and 2010 conflicts in Jos have resulted in the deaths of more than 1500 Nigerians and hundreds more have been injured and somebody is saying that is less violent than small recurrent kidnapping sprees.

I couldn't believe he said that either.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by SapeleGuy: 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
Anioma State or Delta State, it makes no difference to us they would still be in the south south zone. If only you could move the River Niger,
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by ekubear1: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
Too many states in Nigeria already. But more states = more cash, I guess.

I wish the cash aspect could be separated from the # of states. . .
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by AndreUweh(m): 12:39am On Feb 03, 2011
SapeleGuy:

Anioma State or Delta State, it makes no difference to us they would still be in the south south zone. If only you could move the River Niger,

It does not matter, either in the south south or south east, Anioma state for the Igbo in Delta is all we are saying.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by jason123: 1:11am On Feb 03, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The creation of Anioma state will be a welcomed development. Nothwithstandingly, Ndigbo deserves seven states to be at par with the north west geo-political zone.
Hence, Anioma and Njaba states should be created without delay.

You are a joke!!! Why don't you demand for 10 states? undecided Why stop at 6-7 states? Not to sound disrespectful but Ndigbo does not even have enough land to create 1 state not to talk of the present 5 you have. Your whole land would probably fit into kano state or oyo or even close to delta + bayelsa state. Sometimes I wonder why people keep decieving themselves. Very soon, we would have over 250 states. How does it even help the development of the state or Nigeria undecided SMH at this delusion! Well, it would only remain on NL.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 1:18am On Feb 03, 2011
Anioma State cool:
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by dempeople(m): 1:57am On Feb 03, 2011
I believe the creation of geopolitical zones are best suited for 9ja but I'm of the view that every geopolitical zone should have equal number of states.

jason123:

You are a joke!!! Why don't you demand for 10 states? undecided Why stop at 6-7 states? Not to sound disrespectful but Ndigbo does not even have enough land to create 1 state not to talk of the present 5 you have. Your whole land would probably fit into kano state or oyo or even close to delta + bayelsa state. Sometimes I wonder why people keep decieving themselves. Very soon, we would have over 250 states. How does it even help the development of the state or Nigeria undecided SMH at this delusion! Well, it would only remain on NL.

So how sizeable should a particular land be for it to be divided into states? Wasn't the creation of states in Nigeria done mostly on the issue of ethnicity and population? I support the creation of Anioma state for it to be zoned to the SE thereby, almost equalising the number of zones in each zone apart from the NW.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by otokx(m): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2011
so many of the so called states are not viable and depend on handouts from the center so no need for more. they should even start merging the unviable ones back and put the capital in productive areas.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by igboboy1(m): 7:08am On Feb 03, 2011
Ani Ani Ani

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's Obvious Mistakes And Perceptions / History Of Corruption In Nigeria / PHOTO NEWS: Even The Goats In Osun Doesn't Want Omisore... (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.