Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Give Us Anioma State Now! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us Anioma State Now! (3709 Views)

Why Anioma State Should Not See The Light Of The Day / Group Wants Igbanke Included In The Proposed Anioma State / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Is Benin a state?

as if u do not know what he means,.,, ok edo state
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

kidnappers kill. On top of that there's also notorious violent crime in Benin and Abia, both homogenous.

so again, were does having one ethnic group benefit a state? we have both proven homo and heterogenous states in nigeria are horrible, so where does anioma state stand to benefit from splitting out of delta state?

If you meant Edo state then it shows you truly don't know what you are talking about because Edo state in no way is homogeneous.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
alj harem:

as if u do not know what he means,.,, ok edo state

This does not concern you. So stay out of our affairs!

After seeing you had no comment with what fstranger said about Hausas killing Igbos, you are not welcomed. Do you hear me? You are not welcomed to comment on Igbo affairs, since you do not have any problem members of our group being killed.

This is a warning.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

If you meant Edo state then it shows you truly don't know what you are talking about because Edo state in no way is homogeneous.

in edo state, there are yoruba group, esan, igbo groups, itsekiri groups,  Edo, Esan, Etsako, Owan and Akoko Edo,, igala groups as well
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

This does not concern you. So stay out of our affairs. After seeing you had no comment with what fstranger said about Hausas killing Igbos, you are not welcomed.

No need to reply him.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2011
well no state in nigeria is TRULY homogeneous, but Edo was craved out of theoretical Bini land. Even an Anioma state wouldn't be homogeneous unless the make remote Anioma villages their own states.

but we can say imo is homogenous because it's close, but all lands on this earth are heterogeneous, and it's still ridden with the same poverty crime and corruption as any state in nigeria.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

No need to reply him.

I hate how he disrupts threads. He is a troll that annoys me.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2011
Anioma State:

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
nothing like losing access to the sea and the majority of your oil in the name of having a state called anioma. smh
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

This does not concern you. So stay out of our affairs. After seeing you had no comment with what fstranger said about Hausas killing Igbos, you are not welcomed. Do you hear me? You are not welcomed to comment on Igbo affairs, since you do not have any problem members of our group being killed.

This is a warning.

me had no comment ,.,.did you not read my post,.,. did i not say "lets in wish for that to happen",.,. what else do you what me to say when our brother afam4ever was talking about tax and how the commissioner is on his right to be there,., without talking about the man (an awori man(yoruba)) fashola that appointed him there, do you think people are stupi.d to allow him there,.,. was in not tiunbu that spent 8 years in power and the last month put and igbo commissioner there (he had no contract). so lets give priases when it is due ok. undecided

and please brother do not warn me undecided
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

No need to reply him.

just shut ur mouth ok,.,,., what you can not accept, you should not do to other,.,. mumu
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

nothing like losing access to the sea and the majority of your oil in the name of having a state called anioma. smh

Who cares about access to the sea? Does it really matter? For all we know, the sea could one day reach Anioma due to the rising sea levels.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Anioma State:

you what to take edo terriotory as anioma grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i pity u and people that follow you grin grin grin grin  eff said
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

Can't lose something that you never had but we do have rivers though wink
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Who cares about access to the sea? Does it really matter? For all we know, the sea could one day reach Anioma due to the rising sea levels.

and you believe that undecided

then lagos and england should be swallowed by now undecided
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
Every government that created states in the country has neglected the Anioma people for untenable reasons with no reason proffered. The closest to achieving this was in 1991 when Delta State was created with Asaba as the capital of the newly State, an arrangement that pitched the Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko and Ijaw people against the Anioma people.

Prominent Itsekiri began to call for a creation of Anioma State or the relocation of the people to nearby Anambra State because the people are perceived as Igbo.

The Anioma people in the face of this crisis chose to remain clam because in the first place they never asked to be included in the State even though no one group of people can lay claim to solely belong to “Delta.” Because “Delta” is a word which takes its root from English language and does not in any way sound African.

Source - Movement for Anioma State
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
so every tribe in nigeria should have it's own state?

there should be [i]250 [/i]states in nigeria?
do hausa yoruba and igbos get 1 state or several?
because to be fair it would reach around 10,000 states easily.

and what proof do you have of this 'deal' struck to keep the anioma people down when none of the tribes you spoke of have their own state?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

and what proof do you have of this 'deal' struck to keep the anioma people down when none of the tribes you spoke of have their own state?

Look we are getting Anioma State and that is that,if you don't like it, slit cha neck. grin
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by EzeUche2(m): 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

You do know that Nigeria's ethnicities have often been exaggerated? Most of these ethnicities can be lumped together with much larger ethnicities & language groups.

And 250 is definitely an exaggeration. Stick to facts.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
no it's not.
on top of that there are members of ethnic groups that consider themselves their own tribes. everything about the ikwerre is igbo, but they don't call themselves igbo. if you count these groups the numbers would skyrocket past 250.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Look we are getting Anioma State and that is that,if you don't like it, slit cha neck. grin
keep decieving urself grin grin
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Tsiya(m): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
Just beause there are Igbos in Delta State then a state must be created for them. This is ridiculous. This not sufficient enough to create a state.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
Tsiya:

Just beause there are Igbos in Delta State then a state must be created for them. This is ridiculous. This not sufficient enough to create a state.

Reasons here cool:

http://anioma.org/about/

1 Like

Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
Tsiya:

they are even taking part of ijaw and edo states,., why

why can't they co-exist with other groups undecided

in southwest wahala

in north wahala

in south-south wahala

we igbos better stop this "we vs them" thing we do

why do we always want to seperate ourselves from the scheme of things in nigeria and yet we want to be recongnised as a majority group cry cry
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Tsiya(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Reasons here cool:

http://anioma.org/about/

I am not going to read it. I already got the summary from the proponent of the Anioma state. There are Igbo in Delta and so they need a state.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2011
Tsiya:

I am not going to read it. I already got the summary from the proponent of the Anioma state. There are Igbo in Delta and so they need a state.
gbam

and i know you know it makes no sense undecided

just like they are igbos in lagos and thus lagos-igbo should be created undecided
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by AndreUweh(m): 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2011
The creation of Anioma state will be a welcomed development. Nothwithstandingly, Ndigbo deserves seven states to be at par with the north west geo-political zone.
Hence, Anioma and Njaba states should be created without delay.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by aljharem(m): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The creation of Anioma state will be a welcomed development. Nothwithstandingly, Ndigbo deserves seven states to be at per with the north west geo-political zone.
Andre why should they be at per,.,. do you not think it is too small of a state undecided

secondly brother, why can't we co-exist with other groups in delta and leave it as it is now undecided
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Chyz2: 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The creation of Anioma state will be a welcomed development. Nothwithstandingly, Ndigbo deserves seven states to be at per with the north west geo-political zone.

cool
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by Ikengawo: 8:27pm On Feb 02, 2011

on par? what par? lol
when did the race to have more states start and how has having more states benefited anyone?

do you people really believe this stuff?

is the southeast with less states that the northwest still not twice as rich and developed as the northwest?

are you people really this confused?
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by AndreUweh(m): 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
alj harem:

Andre why should they be at per,.,. do you not think it is too small of a state undecided

secondly brother, why can't we co-exist with other groups in delta and leave it as it is now undecided
Can you give me 15 reasons why the north west should have seven states and the south east with mere 5?.
Re: Give Us Anioma State Now! by AndreUweh(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ikengawo:

on par? what par? lol
when did the race to have more states start and how has having more states benefited anyone?

do you people really believe this stuff?

is the southeast with less states that the northwest still not twice as rich and developed as the northwest?

are you people really this confused?
C'mon quit chatting crap. Since when has the northwest become twice as rich and developed than the south east.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Didn't Buhari Show Expected Courtesy/Respect In Port Harcourt? / What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. / Ejima Bridge, Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.