Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. (18048 Views)

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba / Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo / Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by aljharem(m): 3:12am On Feb 08, 2011
udezue:

LOL Aljarem, you are a worthless donkey almajiri so stop claiming to be Igbo. Bullshyt. Chinyen is Igbo regardless of his silly views or I guess different views but u are NOT.

and why am i not undecided
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by aljharem(m): 3:15am On Feb 08, 2011
i speak igbo to a level and i have told ever one my history, i have not other user id

i support the unite of igbos, i dislike the killing of igbos and others

what else do you want angry
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by udezue(m): 3:20am On Feb 08, 2011
AljHarem, I just want you to carry ur Kanuri arse and go to hell.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by aljharem(m): 3:26am On Feb 08, 2011
udezue:

AljHarem, I just want you to carry your Kanuri arse and go to hell.

why do you want your fellow brother to go to hell

i always pray that you and onlytruth will go to heaven and have peace when the time comes

but even you as my blood brother want me to go to hell,.,.,. cry cry cry cry cry cry

well, keep in mind we are brothers and we are meant to look out for each other because that is want brothers do to each other, protect each other

wish you the best my brother smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

lastly, i am always happy to see you post because i know deep inside you, you a good person smiley smiley
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Chyz2: 4:12am On Feb 08, 2011
All you people from across the Niger River, whether you like it or not, are Igbo in every ramification, except of couse the minority tribes such as the Ibibio,Efiks,etc. Stop fighting each other and accept it.You are all the same.If DNA was taken to find out what tribe you are it would say that you are Igbo. Because your community/area name is different from one another,means nothing because it is just that, a community name. You are nwa onye Igbo, accept it and sleep peacefully and stop arguing with one another.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ChinenyeN(m): 4:39am On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

All you people from across the Niger River, whether you like it or not, are Igbo in every ramification, except of couse the minority tribes such as the Ibibio,Efiks,etc. Stop fighting each other and accept it.You are all the same.If DNA was taken to find out what tribe you are it would say that you are Igbo. Because your community/area name is different from one another,means nothing because it is just that, a community name.
. . . C'mon.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Chyz2: 4:44am On Feb 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

. . . C'mon.

You don't think so? Let say you, Ezeuche, and um, Seal(lol, a yoruba man) was given a test to find out which tribe you were from. What do you think the outcome would be?
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ChinenyeN(m): 4:57am On Feb 08, 2011
Certainly not "Igbo" and "Yoruba". I mean how do you genetically justify that? In fact, how do you reconcile the common understanding that Igbo are heterogeneous, and the claim that they are genetically "Igbo"? Those two understandings lay at opposite ends of the spectrum.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Chyz2: 5:08am On Feb 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Certainly not "Igbo" and "Yoruba". I mean how do you genetically justify that? In fact, how do you reconcile the common understanding that Igbo are heterogeneous, and the claim that they are genetically "Igbo"? Those two understandings lay at opposite ends of the spectrum.

chinenye my broda,let us face the facts.There is no way that you and Ezeuche would not be classified as being from the Igbo "tribe". I think we all know this. No matter how you put it it is reality. I think you do know that there are test that detect tribal affiliation. And about the "Igbo" thing, whether you cal it "Igbo", "letter A", "B", or "C", you both would be found to be from the same group/origin. Group,tribe,clan,area name has no effect on DNA.It's just a name.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ChinenyeN(m): 5:18am On Feb 08, 2011
It is also reality that our 'groups' are heterogeneous. So, I'm still finding it difficult to reconcile the reality of heterogeneity and the claim that they are genetically "Igbo" (nomenclature irrelevant). Those two remain on two opposite ends of the spectrum. If you believe one, then it makes no sense to believe the other, because the two understandings are not harmonious, unless you actually believe the Igbo to be homogeneous. . . ?
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Chyz2: 5:39am On Feb 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

It is also reality that our 'groups' are heterogeneous. So, I'm still finding it difficult to reconcile the reality of heterogeneity and the claim that they are genetically "Igbo" (nomenclature irrelevant). Those two remain on two opposite ends of the spectrum. If you believe one, then it makes no sense to believe the other, because the two understandings are not harmonious, unless you actually believe the Igbo to be homogeneous. . . ?

Quite honestly one can only be said to be homogeneous when it come to immediate family. For instance, four children with the exact same parents.Those children are without a doubt homogeneous to one another. Now, lets, same we are talking about them being homogeneous with their cousin, although the parents of the cousin my be from the same tribe or clan, you do not who along the past 300 years may have mixed in(blood) with the parent that was married into the family(lets say the fathers of the cousin and the four children were brothers). As far as tribe goes, I do believe there is an overwhelming make up, better yet orgin(as far as "tribe" goes) that can separate you from another tribe. For instance, the difference from an Arab and Persian, or a Gwari from an Ijaw.

Do you think that the Ngwa clan/people are homogeneous?
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:00am On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

Quite honestly one can only be said to be homogeneous when it come to immediate family. For instance, four children with the exact same parents.Those children are without a doubt homogeneous to one another. Now, lets, same we are talking about them being homogeneous with their cousin, although the parents of the cousin my be from the same tribe or clan, you do not who along the past 300 years may have mixed in(blood) with the parent that was married into the family(lets say the fathers of the cousin and the four children were brothers). As far as tribe goes, I do believe there is an overwhelming make up, better yet orgin(as far as "tribe" goes) that can separate you from another tribe. For instance, the difference from an Arab and Persian, or a Gwari from an Ijaw.
It still doesn't change the fact that this whole idea of "Igbo blood" is difficult to reconcile with the reality of our heterogeneity. Or, maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying correctly though. I must be missing something. That's the only way this can all make sense to me, because I really don't understand how you can say "the Igbo are heterogeneous", yet maintain the existence of "Igbo blood".

Chyz*:

Do you think that the Ngwa clan/people are homogeneous?
For the most part, as compared to the Igbo in total.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Chyz2: 6:34am On Feb 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

It still doesn't change the fact that this whole idea of "Igbo blood" is difficult to reconcile with the reality of our heterogeneity. Or, maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying correctly though. I must be missing something. That's the only way this can all make sense to me, because I really don't understand how you can say "the Igbo are heterogeneous", yet maintain the existence of "Igbo blood".

I think i understand where you are coming from to an extent. As for the Igbo being heterogeneous, I never said they were or were not, at least I never used that word(heterogeneous). I find that word to be very dangerous(for lack of a better word).

For the most part, as compared to the Igbo in total.

About the Ngwa as a whole being "homogeneous(I'm kind of uncomfortable with this word too but for the sake of argument I'm using it)", according to your post, it is a No. Remember, according to Ngwa history,you definitely know way more than I do so I'm more that open for corrections, during the migration the once who made it to the other side were known as Ngwa.The other people stay on the other side frying plantain.Now, there in no way all of those people that made it into Ngwa land were all family members. They were regular people from various backgrounds(families) who settled in an area. For instance, the mass migration of New Orleans indigenes to Texas because of the Hurricane Katrina mishap. "Ngwa" is just a name.The language classified is Ngwa spoken in the part of ngwaland beside Ezinihitte,Mbaise may be the same,almost exactly language;however, one is call ngwa language the other is called ezinihitte language. Also, the language spoken in the part of ngwa land by Ikot Ekpene,Akwa Ibom is more than likely nothing like the one I just mentioned. The difference between the two ngwa areas is the same as lets say Isiala Ngwa South and Arochukwu(As one full clan).
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by houvest: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2011
Who really is this Abagworo and what is he on about?
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ezeagu(m): 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

About the Ngwa as a whole being "homogeneous(I'm kind of uncomfortable with this word too but for the sake of argument I'm using it)", according to you post it is a No. Remember, according to Ngwa history,you definitely know way more than I do so I'm more that open for corrections, during the migration the once who made it to the other side were known as Ngwa.The other people stay on the other side frying plantain.Now, there in no way all of those people that made it into Ngwa land were all family members. They were regular people from various backgrounds(families) who settled in an area. For instance, the mass migration of New Orleans indigenes to Texas because of the Hurricane Katrina mishap. "Ngwa" is just a name.The language classified is Ngwa spoken in the part of ngwaland beside Ezinihitte,Mbaise may be the same,almost exactly language;however, one is call ngwa language the other is called ezinihitte language. Also, the language spoken in the part of ngwa land by Ikot Ekpene,Akwa Ibom is more than likely nothing like the one I just mentioned. The difference between the two ngwa areas is the same as lets say Isiala Ngwa South and Arochukwu(As one full clan).

The Ngwa are not homogeneous. If you can divide Igbo land, you can do so easily with the Ngwa area or any other Igbo group.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by jason123: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

All you people from across the Niger River, whether you like it or not, are Igbo in every ramification, except of couse the minority tribes such as the Ibibio,Efiks,etc. Stop fighting each other and accept it.You are all the same.If DNA was taken to find out what tribe you are it would say that you are Igbo. Because your community/area name is different from one another,means nothing because it is just that, a community name. You are nwa onye Igbo, accept it and sleep peacefully and stop arguing with one another.

You are a joke!
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by udezue(m): 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2011
hahaha Ngwa is so not homogenous homie. How can they be?
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

You are a joke!

Are u afraid of reading the whole piece? How can you highlight the first sentence and call it a joke.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by udezue(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

You are a joke!

Dude you are a joke.

Did he mention Itsekiri? FOOL!
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ezeagu(m): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

You are a joke!

Are you afraid?
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by jason123: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2011
ezeagu:

Are you afraid?

of what
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ezeagu(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

of what

I was going to ask you the same.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by jason123: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2011
ezeagu:

I was going to ask you the same.
So take a look at your map and tell me if that sentence is correct? Are the kogis, benues and taraba people igbo?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/69424_Map_of_Nigeria_gif91f77644cd54c4f049fba04016b85198
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Chyz2: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

So take a look at your map and tell me if that sentence is correct? Are the kogis, benues and taraba people igbo?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/69424_Map_of_Nigeria_gif91f77644cd54c4f049fba04016b85198

There is nothing wrong with what I said.
Chyz*:

All you people from across the Niger River, whether you like it or not, are Igbo in every ramification, except of couse the minority tribes such as the Ibibio,Efiks,[size=13pt]etc.[/size] [/b]Stop fighting each other and accept it.You are all the same.If DNA was taken to find out what tribe you are it would say that you are Igbo. Because your community/area name is different from one another,means nothing because it is just that, a community name. You are [b]nwa onye Igbo, accept it and sleep peacefully and stop arguing with one another.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by udezue(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

Jason123OLODO!!!

There are native Igbos on both sides of the Niger River. West of the Niger are the Anioma (Delta), Ekpeye or Ekpafia (Bayelsa) and Iganke (Edo). North of the Niger are the Igbo communties in Benue and Kogi areas.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by jason123: 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
udezue:

Jason123OLODO!!!

There are native Igbos on both sides of the Niger River. West of the Niger are the Anioma (Delta), Ekpeye or Ekpafia (Bayelsa) and Iganke (Edo). North of the Niger are the Igbo communties in Benue and Kogi areas.
How does that relate to what I typed Moreover, you said "communities" not entire states. I thoght Chyz was referring to everything east of river Niger as Igbo.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Obiagu1(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

ChinenyeN:

Could you please conduct a DNA test like some of the AA guys are doing and let them say you're not from the Igbo ethnic group? If that's the case, then your theory of heterogeneity is valid, if not, then STFU for once!
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by udezue(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2011
jason123:

How does that relate to what I typed Moreover, you said "communities" not entire states. I thoght Chyz was referring to everything east of river Niger as Igbo.

You thought he was referring to everything East of Niger as Igbo? Its freaking common sense. You and Chyz are from both Delta state so you both should know the samething. Please be sure about something b4 talking. Folks like you filled with so much anti-Igbo crap can't seem to think straight.

So if I said you people in Rivers are Igbo you will automatically think I am talking about Ogoni and Ijo? mchew
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ezeagu(m): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2011
udezue:

Folks like filled with so much anti-Igbo crap can't seem to think straight.

They're constantly ready to pounce.

[size=20pt]Find work.[/size]
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by jason123: 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2011
ezeagu:

They're constantly ready to pounce.

[size=20pt]Find work.[/size]

Abeg, shut your freaking mouth or hands. Yes, I am constantly ready to pounce on your stu.pidity. Anytime, anyday! Ewu!
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
Obiagu1:

Could you please conduct a DNA test like some of the AA guys are doing and let them say you're not from the Igbo ethnic group? If that's the case, then your theory of heterogeneity is valid, if not, then STFU for once!
For once, Obiagu1, you should try relaxing when talking to me and not get so worked up. Anyway, I find it strange that the same people who confirm Igbo hetergeneity are here claiming the existence of "Igbo blood". Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there is no such thing as "Igbo blood". Instead, all I'm saying is that, if there ever existed such a thing as "Igbo blood" and that is how you define 'Igbo', then it doesn't exist today (or at the very least, not like it did before).

Wait, how do you define "Igbo blood" anyway? Which group is the 'pure' stock, from which all others homogeneously descended from? Is it Nri? If "Igbo blood" is how you want to define the 'Igbo', then I wouldn't be surprised if many communities proved to not be "Igbo" after all. I wouldn't be surprised if "core Igbo" actually turned out to be a legitimate term, and then we can finally point out the 'pure-bred' Igbo communities. . . just saying.

Chyz*:

About the Ngwa as a whole being "homogeneous(I'm kind of uncomfortable with this word too but for the sake of argument I'm using it)", according to your post, it is a No. Remember, according to Ngwa history,you definitely know way more than I do so I'm more that open for corrections, during the migration the once who made it to the other side were known as Ngwa.The other people stay on the other side frying plantain.Now, there in no way all of those people that made it into Ngwa land were all family members. They were regular people from various backgrounds(families) who settled in an area. For instance, the mass migration of New Orleans indigenes to Texas because of the Hurricane Katrina mishap.
If I remember correctly, those who migrated and settled at Ngwaukwu were actually large extended families and kinsmen. The lineage heads were brothers and cousins, if I remember correctly. I'll have to go and make sure though.
Re: Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba Were British Creations. by Obiagu1(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

For once, Obiagu1, you should try relaxing when talking to me and not get so worked up. Anyway, I find it strange that the same people who confirm Igbo hetergeneity are here claiming the existence of "Igbo blood". Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there is no such thing as "Igbo blood". Instead, all I'm saying is that, if there ever existed such a thing as "Igbo blood" and that is how you define 'Igbo', then it doesn't exist today (or at the very least, not like it did before).

Wait, how do you define "Igbo blood" anyway? Which group is the 'pure' stock, from which all others homogeneously descended from? Is it Nri? If "Igbo blood" is how you want to define the 'Igbo', then I wouldn't be surprised if many communities proved to not be "Igbo" after all. I wouldn't be surprised if "core Igbo" actually turned out to be a legitimate term, and then we can finally point out the 'pure-bred' Igbo communities. . . just saying.
If I remember correctly, those who migrated and settled at Ngwaukwu were actually large extended families and kinsmen. The lineage heads were brothers and cousins, if I remember correctly. I'll have to go and make sure though.

Igbos are still Igbos. We had infusions but when you check the population of our neighbours compared to us and then take a minute percentage of them as those that infused into the Igbo society, what you get is an insignificant contribution to our DNA.

Your problem is that you harp on this division, heterogeity a lot to the irritation of others not just me. Our DNA is no longer pure in every Igbo Clan but you can't get a completely ultered DNA that'll question their root.

My point is the infusion is insignificant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Photos From Commissioning Of Mokola Flyover / Buhari's Ministers Are Practical, Energetic And Of Good Reputation~The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.