Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only (3947 Views)

Buhari To APC: Unite, If You Want To Win Elections / Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas / Only Igbo Can Deny Themselves Presidency In 2023-osita Okechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by GMBuhari: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
why would ibo want to be friends with fulani slaves ??
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

Well I’m from Edo state and like I have always said before and now... the south east should unite with the south west if they south west agree to vote an Igbo man for president

Oga, I'm Yoruba, we care less if Fulani remains in government forever.

How many threads to you see us opening because of marginalizing? Since 1960.

Only one and that was 2011

Shey nah Yoruba man wey carry SE gas go to North?

Lol, we've been in opposition, do we cry?
Rather we receive more development than those that partner with north.

All southern resources going to North will annex Yoruba land indirectly.

Cos we're beside them Ajaokuta (kogi) beside kaduna

Niger beside Kwara and Oyo

Abuja not far from Ekiti

Abeq, let them keep ruling, it seems everyone doesn't wanna have sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by plessis: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Chase the Fulani in igbo land first before coming down to us.

BTW, You said is that the only project in igbo land.

Pls, point Jonathan project in the south.

You're just hating.
Pure hate.
You keep running.

Why did you yorubas keep shut when the fulanis committed genocide in Benue?

Why did you yorubas celebrate when buhari slaughtered over 300 people in igboland?

Why did you yorubas come out your houses and celebrate the slaughter of 3 million people immediately the civil war ended?

These are not claims. These are questions. And if you are properly educated, you'll provide answers to the questions instead of resorting to accusations.

Why do you yorubas always keep quiet when injustice is being perpetrated to other tribes?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
plessis:
You keep running.

Why did you yorubas keep shut when the fulanis committed genocide in Benue?

Why did you yorubas celebrate when buhari slaughtered over 300 people in igboland?

These are not claims. These are questions. And if you are properly educated, you'll provide answers to the questions instead of resorting to accusations.

Why do you yorubas always keep quiet when injustice is being perpetrated to other tribes?

Lol, you've diverted from Jonathan projects to this.

Anyways, lemme answer you.
Benue people can speak for them selves.
When did Buhari slaughter 300 igbo people? well if you're talking about Python dance.
That's your problem with Buhari not ours.

When they were killing us, didn't we set up our Security Network?

Keep shouting and do nothing.

Can't other tribes speak for themselves?

3 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by plessis: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, you've diverted from Jonathan projects to this.

Anyways, lemme answer you.
Benue people can speak for them selves.
When did Buhari slaughter 300 igbo people? well if you're talking about Python dance.
That's your problem with Buhari not ours.

When they were killing us, didn't we set up our Security Network?

Keep shouting and do nothing.

Can't other tribes speak for themselves?

Good. I hope you know that you've confirmed that your people are inhumane and Tribalistic.

You've lost the moral right to accuse people of hate or tribalism.

Like I said, if you'll keep quiet in the face of evil. You deserve to be called evil.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
plessis:

Good. I hope you know that you've confirmed that your people are inhumane and Tribalistic.

You've lost the moral right to accuse people of hate or tribalism.

Like I said, if you'll keep quiet in the face of evil. You deserve to be called evil.

The first coup in Nigeria was in 1966.
Killing major top politicans and military officers of other tribes. Led by an Igbo man.

Same year, Aguyi ironsi another Ibo man became the head of state.

There were so many pleas and beggings from other tribes that he should bring the coup plotters into justice.

He didn't do that.
Can you tell me why he didn't do that?

Or what do u think is the reason why he didn't do that.

Why why igbo leaders of that time even Azikwe didn't say anything about it.

If you guys ain't hypocrites I don't know what to call you.

7 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:
To what end? Let me guess. A unity to groom a Yoruba president I believe. Hmmmm, was it not the same alignment and agreement they made with the northerners and the northerners don’t want to co-operate by helping vote a Yoruba president. I thought when you guys where entering and aligning with the Hausas you guys where blasting the south east and south south, now everywhere is stew but no rice to eat with the stew you want run leave aboke dey find unity with Igbo for your selfish reasons

Well I’m from Edo state and like I have always said before and now... the south east should unite with the south west if they south west agree to vote an Igbo man for president

I agree with this submission.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by APCdestroyer: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

I’m sorry bro no region got your back but your fellow brothers, stop fallowing in your delusional fantasies, Obasanjo is the only Yoruba man you will ever witness rule this nation
No region? Keep living inside delusion

Encourage ur Igbo brothers to contest with Yoruba grin

In Apc or PDP

2 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro we gather dey this country together.

Which projects are on going when he came on board?
Haba!

I told you he failed in terms of security.

OK I hear you.

At least if you're not listening to me, let me listen to you.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by APCdestroyer: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:
To what end? Let me guess. A unity to groom a Yoruba president I believe. Hmmmm, was it not the same alignment and agreement they made with the northerners and the northerners don’t want to co-operate by helping vote a Yoruba president. I thought when you guys where entering and aligning with the Hausas you guys where blasting the south east and south south, now everywhere is stew but no rice to eat with the stew you want run leave aboke dey find unity with Igbo for your selfish reasons

Go kidnap Yorubas and force them to vote an Igbo now.

Since Igbo can vote Hausa and Fulani..Yoruba can continue to contest with either Hausa or Fulanis. I'm optimistic Yoruba will emerge.

We don't need Igbo votes...it belongs to Hausa

8 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Yebosola(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
kayfra:
It's like people forget 2011 elections

Rubbish. We united to elect Jonaduns and then what happened?

Please...

Loud it make them hear, bunch of we before others. IGBOS ARE THE PILLARS OF MY GOVERNMENT. GEJ

2 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Did more for you but took our resources to the north ...u people don't see the big picture that's your problem ... Jonathan was a failure but with him we had a chance to right the wrong of British and end Fulani domination for life

Now how far

No we didn’t, Jonathan was too busy getting drunk while his wife and cohorts were running amok. He didn’t listen to a powerful region and paid the price for it dearly. No one was shouting restructuring when the Yorubas were feeling marginalised.

2 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by knowledgeable: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:
Imagine where no one is shouting marginalization.... Imagine no hatred, imagine no division....

Just imagine

How can you imagine that when Hausa/Fulani have made those shoutings reality, and hell bent on sustaining those realities for ever with Yorubas playing a supportive role all the way.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Yebosola(m): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
plessis:

You didn't answer his question.

Jonathan did nothing for the south, that was why yorubas voted him out.

You then voted buhari. Under buhari, the Fulanis committed genocide, buhari slaughtered over 300 igbos and the SS/SE has been marginalized. But your people have kept quiet and turned a blind eye.

Can you now understand why we say your people are treacherous?

You only scream injustice when it's aimed at you. When injustice is perpetuated at your fellow southerners, you don't care, as long as you're eating the crumbs given to you by the north.

The problem with SE is you don't like to be in opposition, when u are enjoying GEJ govt, SW never complain or call u names, rather we waited, forgetting that everybody voted GEJ in 2011, but u hijacked his govt, what goes around comes around, be patient and wait for your turn, nobody betrayed anybody, it pure politics.

10 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
APCdestroyer:

Go kidnap Yorubas and force them to vote an Igbo now.

Since Igbo can vote Hausa and Fulani..Yoruba can continue to contest with either Hausa or Fulanis. I'm optimistic Yoruba will emerge.

We don't need Igbo votes...it belongs to Hausa

This guy what is your problem... please before you strike like a raccoon always try to relate a comment with what the OP’s title or body...

How am is suppose to kidnap the Igbo vote when the OP is talking about unity between the South. His aim and purpose of this post is to indirectly agitate the unity among south to vote a Yoruba man because a failed unity between the Yoruba and Hausa has failed woefully already.

This brother, stop deceiving yourself, no Yoruba man will emerge president in the next 100 years. The IG is will continue to vote Hausa man, Hausa man with the highest population in Nigeria will continue to vote themselves, the south south has never worked with the Yorubas, so tell me from your fantasy world how on earth is a Yoruba man going to emerge president? Except maybe when Nigeria decide to allow you guys have your Oduduwa nation

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
Yebosola:

The problem with SE is you don't like to be in opposition, when u are enjoying GEJ govt, SW never complain or call u names, rather we waited, forgetting that everybody voted GEJ in 2011, but u hijacked his govt, what goes around comes around, be patient and wait for your turn, nobody betrayed anybody, it pure politics.

They need schooling

3 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
APCdestroyer:

No region? Keep living inside delusion

Encourage ur Igbo brothers to contest with Yoruba grin

In Apc or PDP

Mind you I’m from Edo state. And please I don’t give a Dhem about Nigeria politics, I just hate the way Yorubas carry themselves, they think they are the smartest, you guys are very greedy and gullible that’s why you guys will never rule this nation. Mark my words, you can say whatever you want to say, except you guys have your Oduduwa nation, you guys will never rule Nigeria #spit

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Elimon(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Do you know that Buhari did more for Southerns than Jonathan?
Will you argue this?
I don't understand.. why would you think of something like that
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

Mind you I’m from Edo state. And please I don’t give a Dhem about Nigeria politics, I just hate the way Yorubas carry themselves, they think they are the smartest, you guys are very greedy and gullible that’s why you guys will never rule this nation. Mark my words, you can say whatever you want to say, except you guys have your Oduduwa nation, you guys will never rule Nigeria #spit

Abeq go and sleep
Go remove any Yoruba that will rule or make you kill am.

Edo cannot even smell the Senate President not to talk of vice.

4 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Elimon:

I don't understand.. why would you think of something like that

Our brothers were there they did nothing.

In fact Northerners has done more to South than southerners

2 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
OdumegwuOjukwu:

I agree with this submission.

Thank you my brother... the south south will always support the Igbos & Hausa in their mission never to give rise to a gullible Yoruba president even if I know the Igbos & Hausas are in an endless war, they prefer a Hausa president then cast their vote for one Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Elimon(m): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
in 2020 Nigeria,we have not still left the stage of using BUILDONG ROADS as political campaign promises...its a shame
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by APCdestroyer: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

You ain't from Edo but an imposter. Wia in Edo? A real Edo doesn't have strong dislike for Yoruba presidency and strong affinity for Igbo presidency without any cause.

Is Edo nation not Oduduwa nation?

6 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Oga, I'm Yoruba, we care less if Fulani remains in government forever.

How many threads to you see us opening because of marginalizing? Since 1960.

Only one and that was 2011

Shey nah Yoruba man wey carry SE gas go to North?

Lol, we've been in opposition, do we cry?
Rather we receive more development than those that partner with north.

All southern resources going to North will annex Yoruba land indirectly.

Cos we're beside them Ajaokuta (kogi) beside kaduna

Niger beside Kwara and Oyo

Abuja not far from Ekiti

Abeq, let them keep ruling, it seems everyone doesn't wanna have sense.

Lols I can tell this post of yours is not from your heart man, you are not replying a new born baby bro, I’m smarter than what you think.

Look, have you watched “lord of the ring” if you have then take note of a character called “Gollum”the creature always hungry for the ring. he defines the Yorubas and ruthless ambition to rule this nation. An average Yoruba man has always dreamt of seeing their own rule this nation. Stop deceiving yourself and left for me as a southerner I don’t give a flying squirrel who rules this nation because they are all the same rouges. My problem with the Yorubas like I always say is, they claim they are too smart but they can’t beat the Hausas in the game, Yorubas and greedy and gullible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Sammy07: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

Lols I can tell this post of yours is not from your heart man, you are not replying a new born baby bro, I’m smarter than what you think.

Look, have you watched “lord of the ring” if you have then take note of a character called “Gollum”the creature always hungry for the ring. he defines the Yorubas and ruthless ambition to rule this nation. An average Yoruba man has always dreamt of seeing their own rule this nation. Stop deceiving yourself and left for me as a southerner I don’t give a flying squirrel who rules this nation because they are all the same rouges. My problem with the Yorubas like I always say is, they claim they are too smart but they can’t beat the Hausas in the game, Yorubas and greedy and gullible

In regional government, we performed better.

You said its not from my heart.
Between Yorubas and Igbos who were in government more?

Who were marginalized?

Who were shouting, No federal projects?

Lol, Very funny guy, Since these numbers of years in opposition, we performed better than those that are in government.
What will happen if we were the one In government since all these years?

Where southerns wete on ballot, do you guys vote for your fellow southerners?
Since 1960.

7 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by ODI444(m): 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Constantjohn:
Imagine where no one is shouting marginalization.... Imagine no hatred, imagine no division....

Just imagine
The unity being sought after will only materialize when Yorubas support South East to Presidency in 2023. If the insist on contesting and empowering rogues like Atiku to rubbish zoning, then we’re in for rough times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
APCdestroyer:

You ain't from Edo but an imposter. Wia in Edo? A real Edo doesn't have strong dislike for Yoruba presidency and strong affinity for Igbo presidency without any cause.

Lols I’m a full blooded Edo son, I hail from Etsako Central (Anegbette)

We have always have problems with the Yorubas always claiming Edo is one of theirs and for your information the Edo people are not a party to godfatherism and that’s what the present Yoruba politics is all about, they see Tinubu as a god and they believe he should rule over all and we don’t buy the idea. So if you feel the Edo’s have always supported the Yorubas, then you are deceiving yourself with false hopes my brother. Have you ever wonder what brought about “EDO NO BE LAGOS”? until you do don’t disturb the SOUTH SOUTH with your shallow political smartness

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
APCdestroyer:

Oh and I forgot where you called Edo Oduduwa nation... lols look, I have always prayed for Nigeria to declare oduduwa nation a place and you guys should come and force us to join the useless place, na that day world go end for ina eyes

5 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by OdumegwuOjukwu: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

Thank you my brother... the south south will always support the Igbos & Hausa in their mission never to give rise to a gullible Yoruba president even if I know the Igbos & Hausas are in an endless war, they prefer a Hausa president then cast their vote for one Yoruba man.

I have no problem with Yorubas generally. There very nice ones among them.

I'm just surprised the way they behaved during Buhari's regime - like the rest of the South don't matter.

They didn't call out Buhari on
- Security issues,
- Abuse of powers,
- Service chiefs distribution,
- Allocation of projects,
- Petroleum Industries Bill etc.

They are just happy to get their crumbs and look the other way. Igbos never did that when they were in corridor of powers. Yorubas carried on like tomorrow will never come. They still do that till date. I'm disappointed.

But I still think we can work with them. At least we know what they are capable of.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Our southern brother was there,
If they had do more in the south, will we vote them out?

In fact Northern presidents do more to South than our southern brothers
Hmm! Agreed. Maybe because we’ve had more northern leaders than southerners.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
edoboy74:

Lol which Edo man hate Yorubas? Haha, we are cousins, I don’t mean that figuratively, I mean that literally, we are more interwoven than any other tribe in Nigeria. Quit playing

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Abeq go and sleep
Go remove any Yoruba that will rule or make you kill am.

Edo cannot even smell the Senate President not to talk of vice.

We are not fighting for any political post, have you ever seen a south south man dragging like the Yorubas? Last last you will not benefit what so ever from them so why kill yourself, you better look for ways of making more money and live a godly life than kill yourself for Tinubu that will send you to your early grave if you dare touch the helm of his cloth

Eh hen look here Mr man I cannot remove any Yoruba man the will rule or even kill him because even your grandchildren will never witness a Yoruba man as president

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking: APC House Members Now 20, As Another Member Dumps Obaseki / General AI Taiwo: Son Of Late Col. Ibrahim Taiwo Who Championed Asaba Massacre / Keep The Roads Clear From 6PM Nnamdi Kanu Orders All Igbos - ESN to appear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 291
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.