Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only (4168 Views)

Buhari To APC: Unite, If You Want To Win Elections / Only Igbo Can Deny Themselves Presidency In 2023-osita Okechukwu / Only Igbo Soldiers Were Sent To Fight Boko Haram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
llakes4real:

So what is your point? Who is superior or not is a matter of history and I am talking about the present and future. Those kings are free to make any claim like, it is a free world!

But, one thing is certain, Yoruba have more in common with Bini people than any other ethnic group in Nigeria, save Igala people.

My point was that we don't want you guys in Oduduwa Republic -- our map clearly states that! Bini people are free to make up any country they like with anyone else.

It’s now you know it’s a free world yeah? I thought you where ranting with your baseless link, you no fit talk now, abeg shift.

Abeg we don’t have anything in common with the Yorubas, you guys are find of stealing our culture that is why you see things like that. Just because Delta have a lot of Igbo immigrants via nearness of states and boundaries they are already claiming Delta to be Igbo and we have delta Igbo meanwhile, Edo state and Delta where one until modern day civilisation until it was formally referred to as BEN-DEL and now Benin and Delta, how come the entire bini and delta are not Yorubas? Bros go and sleep you need it

Please tell your Yoruba kings, clans and people to stay clear away from Edo & benin stop the controversies and you guys should go make credible research about your history.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by llakes4real: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
edoboy74:

It’s now you know it’s a free world yeah? I thought you where ranting with your baseless link, you no fit talk now, abeg shift.

Abeg we don’t have anything in common with the Yorubas, you guys are find of stealing our culture that is why you see things like that. Just because Delta have a lot of Igbo immigrants via nearness of states and boundaries they are already claiming Delta to be Igbo and we have delta Igbo meanwhile, Edo state and Delta where one until modern day civilisation until it was formally referred to as BEN-DEL and now Benin and Delta, how come the entire bini and delta are not Yorubas? Bros go and sleep you need it

Please tell your Yoruba kings, clans and people to stay clear away from Edo & benin stop the controversies and you guys should go make credible research about your history.

The link was to educate you about the relationship. Obviously, you have a problem with comprehension or you are just being mischievous! See my message to you below. Please read it carefully! I was telling you about a connection, and not some unless superiority contest. Which of those kings have the power they had then? So why the useless comparison?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/significance-of-oba-ewuares-visit-to-arole-oduduwa/amp/?espv=1

You stand to gain nothing hating Yoruba people at large, if you have a problem with someone, face him or her. Unnecessary hate would take you nowhere. So calm down!

If any Yoruba person make you insecure, please do you own back to the person!

And Yoruba are not interested in Edo being part of Oduduwa Republic! Yoruba and Bini people, not Edo are cousins, so there is nothing your hate can do about that!

So you think Delta people would still want to be subservient to you? You are too soaked in the past and clearly you are ignorant of the present day realities! Bini people and other minorities in Edo state would need Delta people and not the other way around! They are far bigger than you now, so quoting some unless history would not change anything.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
llakes4real:

The link was to educate you about the relationship. Obviously, you have a problem with comprehension or you are just being mischievous! See my message to you below. Please read it carefully! I was telling you about a connection, and not some unless superiority contest. Which of those kings have the power they had then? So why the useless comparison?

So you think Delta people would still want to be subservient to you? You are too soaked in the past and clearly you are ignorant of the present day realities! Bini people and other minorities in Edo state would need Delta people and not the other way around! They are far bigger than you now, so quoting some unless history would not change anything.

The man said I’m socked in the past. I believe you are either a Muslim or a Christian, do me a Favor to justify your claim by doing away with your holy book and never abide or return to it teachings.

The link you provided was a biased one you should educate yourself with the link I sent you sir.

And as for every other thing you said I didn’t draw any argument to your claim so don’t bring one, Delta state has already been ahead of Edo state in terms of development, we are one and you can’t create a war with your new argument you are imposing on me between both states, we are more united and share similar culture and tradition than you can imagine
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by llakes4real: 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
edoboy74:

The man said I’m socked in the past. I believe you are either a Muslim or a Christian, do me a Favor to justify your claim by doing away with your holy book and never abide or return to it teachings.

The link you provided was a biased one you should educate yourself with the link I sent you sir.

And as for every other thing you said I didn’t draw any argument to your claim so don’t bring one, Delta state has already been ahead of Edo state in terms of development, we are one and you can’t create a war with your new argument you are imposing on me between both states, we are more united and share similar culture and tradition than you can imagine

I don't hold on to any so called "holy book", so I do away with useless history!

Don't worry, when the time comes, the Ijaw and other tribes in Delta would humble you lot. Continue masturbating about some past you can't prove! Rubbish!
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
llakes4real:

I don't hold on to any so called "holy book", so I do away with useless history!

Don't worry, when the time comes, the Ijaw and other tribes in Delta would humble you lot. Continue masturbating about some past you can't prove! Rubbish!

If you don’t then go back to the pit of hell where you belong... your mission was to steal, kill and destroy which is what you are doing presently so please get behind Satan
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by llakes4real: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
edoboy74:

If you don’t then go back to the pit of hell where you belong... your mission was to steal, kill and destroy which is what you are doing presently so please get behind Satan

grin grin grin I just hope you are joking! Anyway, don't make it personal.

Imagine a people of a great kingdom have been reduced to a simp!
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by pharmagba: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
junketer:
2015 was the best opportunity for the south to unite but we all know what the yorubas did. Fool me once........you know the rest.
Our problem in the south is yoruba moslems.

How can you love a person under yet hate her face,
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
[s]
edoboy74:

You are as childish as I imagine, your thinking faculty is few inches above the dumpiest animal in the world (Turkey)

You foolishly called a shot and I’m ready to give you proofs whatsoever you wish for any see the lame comment you made. Stop dragging other in the mud you called for it, carry the cross yourself.

It’s people like you that hold a gun opposite direction to aim a headshot
[/s]
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
llakes4real:

grin grin grin I just hope you are joking! Anyway, don't make it personal.

Imagine a people of a great kingdom have been reduced to a simp!

Even Jesus Christ was stoned, spat at and nailed on the cross then what is benin kingdom cheesy cheesy grin
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by llakes4real: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
edoboy74:

Even Jesus Christ was stoned, spat at and nailed on the cross then what is benin kingdom cheesy cheesy grin

It can rise again, if you play your card right. The fact is that we need each other. No nation can develop in isolation.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by edoboy74(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
llakes4real:

It can rise again, if you play your card right. The fact is that we need each other. No nation can develop in isolation.

With the way nigeria is going, if we are to be truthful to ourselves even our children will witness the same tribal war and under development we are facing today
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by llakes4real: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
edoboy74:

With the way nigeria is going, if we are to be truthful to ourselves even our children will witness the same tribal war and under development we are facing today

grin we can try to make things better for them whether in Nigeria or outside it -- we can only try!
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by 7lives: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
edoboy74:

Look at this man...I have said it times without numbers, I don’t give a Dhem about who the next Nigerian president is until a serious and vibrant party come into existence other than PDP & APC and their fellow goons since 1960. My only concern is, no Yoruba man should rule Nigeria until you guys stop seeing yourselves as the ALPHA & OMEGA whereas you can’t defeat the Hausas in the game

Ntorr
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by APCdestroyer: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
edoboy74:

Please read this and educate yourself before being up stories that suite your claim,

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198255-benin-kingdom-edo-yoruba-territory-ooni-ife-adeyeye-ogunwusi.html

I didn’t see from your link or so called proof where the Oba of benin said benin is a part of oduduwa nation

Least I forget, the Oba of benin never in his life accepted Oduduwa kingdom as the Esogban of benin and the Odionwere of the kingdom rubbished the claim that the Ooni of Ife is a son of the Oba of benin and that the Oba of benin stool has no relationship to the Yoruba race.

Please read the link I shared above, educate yourself and stop the controversies

And hey also note that the word Oba is a borrowed word from the Yorubas... you guys are very cunning and twisting history trying to steal other culture because you have non

Take a look at this as well:-

“For instance, the one they call the Oba of Lagos, these are recent adaptations. In the 50s, there was no Oba of Lagos, what we had was the Eleko of Eko. That is the title of the King there. In Ibadan, you have the Olu Ibadan. You come to Abeokuta, you have the Alake of Egba land. You come to Oyo, you have the Alaafin of Oyo. In Ilesha, you have the Owa-Obokun of IIesha. So no Yoruba monarch had as part of his titles the word Oba except the Oba of Benin. So my guy where did the Oba title came from if you guys had history.

Yoruba is a myth you guys should carefully go back and trace your history before you lost it all
You're not Yoruba, how will u now understand Oba?

"Ogiso" means king in Igodomigodo kingdom.

Benin kingdom was later founded by prince Oranmiyan.

Oba means king in Yoruba long before Oduduwa.

Olu of warri

Olu Ibadan

Deji of A kure

Ooni of Ife

Olukare

Olowo of owo

Eleko of eko

ETC

These are titles for their designation

they're all Obas

Oba is from Yoruba, your kingdom was conquered by Ife prince andwarrior bros
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by APCdestroyer: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
llakes4real:

Delta cannot ever be subservient to Edo

An Edo boy hating Yoruba, Can u imagine. He relies on Igbo and delta as allies of which they're not.
Yoruba has been their best allies right from the time of immemorial but these indomie generation Edo can be funny

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by richie240: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
OdumegwuOjukwu:
We are ready to work with Yoruba. We have our differences, but we can work together.

[s]But we must point out that Yorubas in Buhari's regime were some of the worst ever. They never lend a voice against the marginalization of Igbos in this regime. It's as if they enjoyed it. Igbos never did same to them when we were in government. It was quite shameful that Yoruba just wanted everything - resources, and projects - for themselves. And were never bothered that the other parts of the south were marginalised.[/s]

Still we can work together.
This piece u just composed reminds me of 'poo sandwich'.
The first and 3rd paragraphs are d two slices of bread whereas d 2nd is poo!

Yoruba's will gladly lend a hand in d actualization of Biafra, if u need our inputs at d least. Any other thing other than that is a wild goose chase!!
The one we 'worked together' in d 50s and 60s, we knew where it treacherously ended in Jan 1966. Even d 'worked together' we did in 2010and 2011, we were all alive to witness where it ended!

Moreover, the wide support 4 d hate lord has put every other region on edge. Emphasis on d bolded please.
Kanu in itself is not d problem, his ppl are!
How?
Every other region has their own semilunatics too -ffk/Adebayograndson/kemi in d west, junaid Muhammad/yerima in d north, timi frank/reno in d ss- but non of these regions queue 'zombie-cally' behind them like u do KANU.
The only conclusion DT can be deduced from ds is DT d hate lord is speaking d minds of his ppl.

Nwannem, take it or leave it, d 'Trust-index' of SE is at an all-time low!
Trust is key and due to ur antecedents, no region will honestly want to work with u, except use ur brain .....then dump you like PDP has bn doing for 21 years

#keepin_it_real!
cool

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
BlowYourMind:
So we should reinforcement failure, Jonathan was a fairly, ask Peter Obi and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, he lost balance at the sight of Deziani flat booobs, his brain stop working, he gave oil Wells for pucci

Lol @ Deizani flat boobs. Nigerians and poor taste. Not a decent milf in my opinion. Perhaps she compensates with good blow action.

Must be that because Nigeria is full of premium totty with tits staring at the heavens and delish pucci. Lol.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by llakes4real: 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
APCdestroyer:

Delta cannot ever be subservient to Edo

An Edo boy hating Yoruba, Can u imagine. He relies on Igbo and delta as allies of which they're not.
Yoruba has been their best allies right from the time of immemorial but these indomie generation Edo can be funny

He might be an Igboid minority in Edo state. I am pretty sure he doesn't represent majority of the people in Edo state. But, we have to attempt to bring them all closer, anyway.

I think, some of their bashing here, could be their way of showing us some awkward love.

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by dododawa1: 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
only 5% vote their have in 5 states,we don't need them.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Etinosa1234: 1:58am On Jul 11, 2020
APCdestroyer:

You're not Yoruba, how will u now understand Oba?

"Ogiso" means king in Igodomigodo kingdom.

Benin kingdom was later founded by prince Oranmiyan.

Oba means king in Yoruba long before Oduduwa.

Olu of warri

Olu Ibadan

Deji of A kure

Ooni of Ife

Olukare

Olowo of owo

Eleko of eko

ETC

These are titles for their designation

they're all Obas

Oba is from Yoruba, your kingdom was conquered by Ife prince andwarrior bros

Where is the proof that Benin was conquered by an ife warrior? what was his name? what period did he conquer Benin? how did he rule? how did Benin break free?

And Benin kingdom was never found by Prince oranmiyan... that's a big fat lie...
Can u tell me at what period the kingdom ended and restarted?

Between the period of the death of the last ogiso to the installment of the first oba...The Benin kingdom had always existed formerly as Igodomigodo to Benin later...

The Benin Empire was founded by Oba Ewuare 1 who expanded the kingdom wide..

also.
. Prior to 1900... how many Yoruba kings used the word oba?

Y'all behave like land grabbers atimes

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by DMerciful(m): 2:56am On Jul 11, 2020
Did Nigeria army/Nigeria not give Nzeogwu a State burial? Someone that was alleged to have been the origin of the civil war, the end of regionalism, yet was given a state burial after the civil war. What does that tell you? It means Nigeria hated Igbos before but was looking for an excuse. Infact Nzeogwu hastened what they had in mind that why Gowon ended regionalism and put successive military Northern govt machinery in place. Answer the question, why did Nigeria give Nzeogwu a state burial?
Sammy07:

The first coup in Nigeria was in 1966.
Killing major top politicans and military officers of other tribes. Led by an Igbo man.

Same year, Aguyi ironsi another Ibo man became the head of state.

There were so many pleas and beggings from other tribes that he should bring the coup plotters into justice.

He didn't do that.
Can you tell me why he didn't do that?

Or what do u think is the reason why he didn't do that.

Why why igbo leaders of that time even Azikwe didn't say anything about it.

If you guys ain't hypocrites I don't know what to call you.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 3:23am On Jul 11, 2020
JUST DON'T ALLOW THE IGBOS A MISS FOR A MILE. THEY WILL TAKE A THOUSAND MILES.

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 3:32am On Jul 11, 2020
IMAGINE THE MANY GOOD COOPERATION AWOLOWO AND OBASANJO HAD WITH THE IGBOS? THE IGBOS TURNED THEM TO HATE. LET THERE BE FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES FIRST THEN THE IGBOS CAN BE PRESIDENT OF A UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA FOR LIFE.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 3:37am On Jul 11, 2020
Sammy07:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

COOPERATION WITHOUT SELF RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION FOR ONE ANOTHER CANNOT HOLD IN NIGERIA AGAIN.

2 Likes

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 3:39am On Jul 11, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Oil and water don't mix

TO YOUR TENTS O ISRAEL.

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 3:57am On Jul 11, 2020
junketer:
2015 was the best opportunity for the south to unite but we all know what the yorubas did. Fool me once........you know the rest.

NO. YORUBA MOSLEMS ARE NOT MUSLIMS. THE PROBLEMS YOU'RE REFERRING TO STARTED VERY RECENTLY WHEN BUHARI, SEEING THE DISUNITY OF THE YORUBAS AND THE IGBOS, ORGANIZED MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN ASSOCIATION, MURIC AND RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY TO FOMENT MORE TROUBLE IN THE SOUTH OF NIGERIA. THE YORUBAS ARE AWARE THEY'RE ONLY WATCHING THE FULANIS AND THE IGBOS TO FOOL THEMSELVES A LITTLE MORE.
THE HEAVENS WILL FALL ON ALL !!!

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 4:03am On Jul 11, 2020
Sammy07:

Name 3 big projects (1 for each region) our southern brother did for Southern Nigeria as a whole.

GIVE EXAMPLE.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 4:22am On Jul 11, 2020
YOU'RE STILL EMOTIONAL.

LET THE SW, SE, SS AND CS LEGISLATURES PULL A FAST FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR THEIR STATES.

LET THEM TELL THE NASS TO REVERSE THE REVENUE FORMULA AND DETERMINE WHAT UNIFORM PERCENTAGE OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL STATE RESOURCES IS REQUIRED TO RUN A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT WILL HENCEFORTH BE RESPONSIBLE ONLY FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY AND TREATIES.

AFTER THE ABOVE IS DONE, THE STATES CAN COOPERATE WITH ONE ANOTHER AS THEY PLEASE.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by Truthisit: 4:24am On Jul 11, 2020
junketer:
The same Yorubas were in the forefront of "Jonathan must rule" in 2009, they also voted massively for the same Jonathan in 2011. But when Jonathan stabbed them at the back, they opted for another in 2015. Short memory and bad intent are making you to twist the narratives to suit your intent.

1 Like

Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 4:30am On Jul 11, 2020
LET OHANEZE AFENIFERE, KWARA, BENUE, PLATEAU PROFFER SOLUTION.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 4:33am On Jul 11, 2020
kayfra:
It's like people forget 2011 elections

Rubbish. We united to elect Jonaduns and then what happened?

Please...

THE IGBOS CONFUSED JONADUNS.
Re: If Only Igbo And Yorubas Could Unite, If Only by orisa37: 4:41am On Jul 11, 2020
BlowYourMind:
What relationship can GODLY people have with devil incarnates

ESU OMO. IBO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ushering In 2021 With Renewed Hope - Segun Showunmi / Ajaero Will Be Removed As NLC President / A Senator Of The Federal Republic Is A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.