Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian (68210 Views)

UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / UNICAL Professor Named The Most Read Researcher In Nigeria / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Ayemileto(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
ProfAmaben:
To me, Owolabi with 10k plus citations should be the numerono Uno. In research quality hierarchy, citations matter most, although that's not the bone of contention in this context.

Nice one scholars, sitting down to churn out quality research is not beans.

Where did you see Owolabi in the post?

I can't find it there shocked
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Na book be everything? We need strong patents not these phd theses here and there
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Wuuworld:
They should research on this man as well

FBI and INTERPOL has done enough research on him, more indexes and citations to be out soon. Just look out

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by asunmoGGMU(m): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Luchitec:
Thanks for the interesting points you raised. It seems that the number of publications is more important to the Covenant University researchers. I once sent an email to one of their professors seeking clarifications about a data in one of his publications, but unfortunately, he never got back to me. The university should be encouraging quality research, especially studies addressing local problems.

One of their lecturers, one Dr Samuel Daramola (of Department of Electrical and Information Engineering) plagiarized someone else's work by using the person's data without acknowledgement. The owner found out and sent him a mail, yet he still had the audacity to ask the work owner to "sell it to him at an affordable price". As in, he wasn't willing to retract the work but he was willing to pay his way out. Very irresponsible. This is what pressure to churn out papers may lead to. They better check these excesses.

4 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by grandstar(m): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
There is nothing wrong with this. In places like America, a lot of the top researchers are either foreigners or naturalized Americans.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by emmnprince(m): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Have you observed that the North rarely make list such as this

No insult intended just an observation

Yet they hold the highest positions in Nigeria

No wonder Nigeria is not moving forward

We have sacrificed professionalism on the altar of nepotism!

It's a shame!!!

I observed it too.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by jamalnation(m): 11:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
Wow i citied him during my project then
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by ChillMobi: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
This is absolute not correct. Look at the google scholar citation of Prof. Olajire of Lautech. He has gained more than 1000 citations since 2018. Link --> https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=KUUgf_QAAAAJ&hl=en
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by MikkieEl: 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
MichaelSokoto:
lemme borrow d slangs of that Slawomir guy...

Daaaaammm nigger!
I dunno all this covenant scholar lecturers here, buh dammn nigger, I knw rugged scholars coconut-headed profs back then in our physics dept, UNIBEN

Dr. Osuji
Dr. Ben
Prof Illenikhena
Dr. Oni-Ojo
et all

dammn nigger!
cool

Lol

Those guys are now Profs

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by BabbanBura(m): 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Have you observed that the North rarely make list such as this

No insult intended just an observation

Yet they hold the highest positions in Nigeria

No wonder Nigeria is not moving forward

We have sacrificed professionalism on the altar of nepotism!

It's a shame!!!

Show me lecturers from public schools in that list and also tell me the private Unis in the North - ignorant bigot. If you want to take a shade at least have some knowledge, sense and don't be lazy to analyse data set before you.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by mrbionic: 12:01am On Jul 08, 2020
TEsLABOY:
Na book be everything? We need strong patents not these phd theses here and there

Well, not all PhD research or publication must lead to a product to warrant patency, may be due to the field of study. An original contribution to knowledge should be the first call, followed by others.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by fmwise2k(m): 12:14am On Jul 08, 2020
MichaelSokoto:

Daaaaammm nigger!
I dunno all this covenant scholar lecturers here, buh dammn nigger, I knw rugged scholars coconut-headed profs back then in our physics dept, UNIBEN

Dr. Osuji
Dr. Ben
Prof Illenikhena
Dr. Oni-Ojo
et all

dammn nigger!
cool
Where is the nigger himself? angry
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by EXOUSIAng: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2020
ethicallyright:
Op just wanted to tell us about covenant University.

He's paid to do that.

Paper research means nothing these days.

Covenant just employed a long time lecturer as an adjunct just to break the nonsense record that contributes nothing to our economy.
You are in serious need of education
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:15am On Jul 08, 2020
Enwhen:

Not own by CAC church....JABU in ekiti is own by JAB himself ....maybe u mean the one in Osun , Ayo Babalola University...faith base varsity.
Lol, you're mixing it up,sir.
JABU is different from Afe babalola university.
one is in Ado Ekiti,the other one is in Ikeji Arakeji.
na CAC get JABU(named after Joseph Ayo Babalola)Ikeji Arakeji

3 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by DexterousOne(m): 12:22am On Jul 08, 2020
Yankee101:
The number of research paper output is not equal to innovation, change or new knowledge. I've published papers too. I can submit the same paper or its iteration to different journals or submit stage by stage progress of the same research to journals

Stop hyping covenant

They can't compare with any of the older universities like Ibadan, UNN, ABU, Lagos or Ife

These universities are living in past glory

Covenant is catching up FAST

Amd some other private unis as well

If the downward spiral of the above bolded unis continue

And Covenamt keeps improving

The fate that befell govt secondary schools will befall these govt universities in 10 years

Let them keep raising shoulder

N.B

I attended one of them
So I know what j am saying
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by AmeLonRo(m): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2020
That is good. Just like many Nigerians are doing exploits abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhwpRCzmuM
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 08, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

You are in serious need of education

You read the comment of a stranger while scanning the biggest forum in your country and conclude that he hasn't the requisite educational qualification to form an opinion.

I think elementary philosophy is a foundational course which is compulsory for undergraduates in tertiary institutions. As a literate , you should practice more of sound arguments than attacking a person to buttress no point. Your mention is simply what it is , an argumentum ad hominem and a fallacious reasoning.

Bring facts when you're ready, Nigerian expert.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Shancca: 12:39am On Jul 08, 2020
HigherEd:
SciVal is an online tool that offers quick, easy access to the research performance of 7,000 research institutions and 220 nations worldwide using bibliometrics.

According to the computation by SciVal, featuring the scholarly output of the top 500 authors in Nigeria over the period 2015 to 2020, saw Professor Sanjay emerging tops with 233 scholarly output, 414 citations, and 17 h-index.

It is also remarkable that Gods own University, Covenant, can proudly flaunt her reputation as the best research institution in Nigeria as 5 of the top 10 authors in the list are faculty from the University.

While Professor Misra of the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering led the pack of top 500 authors by publication volume since 2015, another prolific author in Covenant, Dr Sunday Ojo Fayomi of the Department of Mechanical Engineering was No.3 in the rankings with 225 scholarly output, 619 citations, and 17 h-index.

Dr Moses Emetere of the Department of Physics was ranked No.4 with 211 scholarly output, 384 citations, and 12 h-index. Other were Dr Hilary Okagbue of the Department of Physics on the 6th spot with 142 citations, 846 citations, and 15 h-index; and Professor Roland Loto, nestled on No.8 with 133 scholarly output, 446 citations, and 16 h-index.

Other covenant authors able to make the top 20 included the institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor AAA. Atayero of the Department of electrical and information engineering, who emerged 11th with 111 scholarly output, 427 citations, and 12 h-index. There were also Professor Cleophas Loto and Professor Oluseyi Ajayi, both of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Dr Afolabi Adedeji of the Department of Building Technology, all occupying the 12th, 13th, and 16th positions respectively.

Professor Wiwanitkit Viroj, an Adjunct Professor at Joesph Ayo Babalola University, who was the erstwhile No.1 author, dropped to the 2nd position courtesy of his 226 scholarly output, 214 citations, and 24 h-index.

The latest development was yet another milestone for Covenant, whose remarkable upward surge in the different categories of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings had elicited rave reviews.

To God alone be all the glory!

http://m.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-Researcher-Leads-Top-500-in-Nigeria#.XwS0TSUo9Px

Now this is a joke. How do you use Scival when Google Scholar exist? Most Professors I know have above 2000 citations with h index above 25

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Saturdency(m): 12:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Prof Oboh....great man. taught me back then in FUTA Biochemitsry department and was also my HOD....
2fine2fast:
I sight my lecturer and mentor...
Prof Ganiyu Oboh...
Respect Sir.

Gureje Oye
Owolabi Ojo......
These guys have published in Elsevier's Lancet shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Impact factor 59.102..I hope there is someone here that knows
the magnititude of that....Those ones are Grand-Researchers...
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by chigoizie7(m): 12:57am On Jul 08, 2020
I am not surprised. All those our copy and paste professors forming gods.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:17am On Jul 08, 2020
BabbanBura:

Show me lecturers from public schools in that list and also tell me the private Unis in the North - ignorant bigot. If you want to take a shade at least have some knowledge, sense and don't be lazy to analyse data set before you.
My dear, stay away from sniper for now
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by speakout2015: 3:31am On Jul 08, 2020
I feel that the information is incomplete without this...�

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by HigherEd: 4:30am On Jul 08, 2020
ethicallyright:

He's paid to do that.

Covenant just employed a long time lecturer as an adjunct just to break the nonsense record that contributes nothing to our economy.
Adjunct staff that has been there since the day they founded the school.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by tobechi74: 4:50am On Jul 08, 2020
ethicallyright:

He's paid to do that.

it is notgood to be a hater. at least clap for them.

to convince a lecturer to leave his uni and cone to your own is not easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by jmaine: 4:50am On Jul 08, 2020
asunmoGGMU:

One of their lecturers, one Dr Samuel Daramola (of Department of Electrical and Information Engineering) plagiarized someone else's work by using the person's data without acknowledgement. The owner found out and sent him a mail, yet he still had the audacity to ask the work owner to "sell it to him at an affordable price". As in, he wasn't willing to retract the work but he was willing to pay his way out. Very irresponsible. This is what pressure to churn out papers may lead to. They better check these excesses.

This is a big crime. I hope the dude in question hasn't rested the case?
The man has to face criminal charges for intellectual theft.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2020
ethicallyright:

He's paid to do that.

See bad belle o.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2020
jmaine:

See badbelle o.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by jmaine: 5:30am On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
See badbelle o.

Bad Belle? How old are you, and do you know that plagiarism is a serious offense in the academic community.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by DeRay98(m): 5:45am On Jul 08, 2020
MichaelSokoto:

Daaaaammm nigger!

Dr. Osuji
Dr. Ben
Prof Illenikhena
Dr. Oni-Ojo
et all

dammn nigger!
cool

Prof. Illenikhena was my Physics teacher at Western Boys high school from 1985-87.
He was always nice, encouraged many of us try continue with physics even I was struggling and not if I could take it in waec.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by 9gerian: 5:52am On Jul 08, 2020
This needs to stop, lest we become like “them” grin

Sammy07:

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by asunmoGGMU(m): 5:58am On Jul 08, 2020
jmaine:

She is an Indian professor. The last I heard of the case is that she has written to the Journal Editor.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by jmaine: 6:09am On Jul 08, 2020
asunmoGGMU:

She is an Indian professor. The last I heard of the case is that she has written to the Journal Editor.

Awesome, that's the right thing to do, she should even go ahead write his university administration for necessary reprimands...

It's painful to carry out a quality research and see your sweat stolen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? / When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo) / Futa,akure 2012/2013 Official Post Ume And Admission Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.