Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian (68294 Views)

UNICAL Professor Named The Most Read Researcher In Nigeria / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation / Rasheed Jimoh-Ijaodola, Muslim Professor Bags PhD In Christian Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Your problem is even bigger than those of the people your post is targeted at.

Mechanical engineer are not suppose to be able to dismantle engines after their first degree. They are trained to design one and even at that, after their first degree are not expected to be fully capable of that.
Same thing too for the computer scientists. They weren't preparer for coding full software but only introduced to it.
you are psychologically blind, if you can't dismantle one,how can you design? lol

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
you are psychologically blind, if you can't dismantle one,how can you design? lol
Dismantling and repairs is for technicians. Designing is for engineers. It is a pity that you don't know the difference or have chosen to ignore it and argue blindly.

That's why we are backwards. We never accept simple corrections and prefer to swing with the tide or the crowd rather.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Dismantling and repairs is for technicians. Designing is for engineers. It is a pity that you don't know the difference or have chosen to ignore it and argue blindly.

That's why we are backwards. We never accept simple corrections and prefer to swing with the tide or the crowd rather.
lol go to any uni in Nigeria there are engineering workshops , that place is meant for practicals
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Walelavender(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
johnmattew:
they are busy spending research funds on cars ,houses and girls
grin grin grin
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:

I never said "repairs"
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
lol go to any uni in Nigeria there are engineering workshops , that place is meant for practicals
Yes there are but that doesn't mean engineering is about repairs or dismantling products.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Yes there are but that doesn't mean engineering is about repairs or dismantling products.
no need to argue again, since you have confirmed your ignorance
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
I never said "repairs"
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by edoairways: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
Yankee101:
The number of research paper output is not equal to innovation, change or new knowledge. I've published papers too. I can submit the same paper or its iteration to different journals or submit stage by stage progress of the same research to journals

Stop hyping covenant

They can't compare with any of the older universities like Ibadan, UNN, ABU, Lagos or Ife
Stop living in pass glory or be intimidated by new development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
no need to argue again, since you have confirmed your ignorance
I thought I was having a convoy with a sane human being. Engineering is an English word. Look it up and cure yourself of your ignorance privately since you are too ashamed or proud to do it publicly.

To say they should be able to dismantle engines is a most stupid opinion because engines have no specific or defined pattern to their designs.

Common sense dictates that you know each engine out there was designed by someone and the manual of each engine cannot find its way into the hands of every single engineer out there talk less or engineers who graduated or were trained before such engines design were even conceived.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
I never said "repairs"
In the absence of sensible point u hold onto trivial things. What is the purpose of dismantling? Or are you now saying those who can dismantle engines are the real engineers?
So according to your submission road side mechanics who can dismantle engines are engineers and not the those who designed them. I pity your life.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by LogTM: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
nickxtra:
I was thinking I would see one Prof.. Philip, one American who came to lecture room to teach Japanese history, while the topic was International Economic diplomacy and his accents could not help matters

I don't think he was off topic. The success of Japanese businesses can be attributed to their diplomacy. Japan ranks third in the world in global economic ranking. They're are good example of the topic you mentioned and I don't see why he shouldn't talk about them.

I would have really enjoyed the lecture. Which school was this, please?
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by EXOUSIAng: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
ethicallyright:

You read the comment of a stranger while scanning the biggest forum in your country and conclude that he hasn't the requisite educational qualification to form an opinion.

I think elementary philosophy is a foundational course which is compulsory for undergraduates in tertiary institutions. As a literate , you should practice more of sound arguments than attacking a person to buttress no point. Your mention is simply what it is , an argumentum ad hominem and a fallacious reasoning.

Bring facts when you're ready, Nigerian expert.
And the retard returns...
When a same man stands on the road arguing with an insane man, people soon begin say they are both mad...Not going to argue with you. You lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
In the absence of sensible point u hold onto trivial things. What is the purpose of dismantling? Or are you now saying those who can dismantle engines are the real engineers?
So according to your submission road side mechanics who can dismantle engines are engineers and not the those who designed them. I pity your life.
you are digressing
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
DeRay98:

Prof. Illenikhena was my Physics teacher at Western Boys high school from 1985-87.
He was always nice, encouraged many of us try continue with physics even I was struggling and not if I could take it in waec.
that's him!

u described him 110%

cool
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
CodeTemplar:
I thought I was having a convoy with a sane human being. Engineering is an English word. Look it up and cure yourself of your ignorance privately since you are too ashamed or proud to do it publicly.

To say they should be able to dismantle engines is a most stupid opinion because engines have no specific or defined pattern to their designs.

Common sense dictates that you know each engine out there was designed by someone and the manual of each engine cannot find its way into the hands of every single engineer out there talk less or engineers who graduated or were trained before such engines design were even conceived.

lol "I thought I was having convoy" go back to school and stop twaddling!
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by Sirdayor(m): 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lecturers Nigeria public universities can never make the list like this, all they know is to gang-up for strike after mismanaging research fund. grin
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by nickxtra(m): 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
LogTM:

I don't think he was off topic. The success of Japanese businesses can be attributed to their diplomacy. Japan ranks third in the world in global economic ranking. They're are good example of the topic you mentioned and I don't see why he shouldn't talk about them.

I would have really enjoyed the lecture. Which school was this, please?
My University
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
lol "I thought I was having convoy" go back to school and stop twaddling!

PrinxArthur1:
where is it stated in this spread sheet that $12 billion worth of oil was imported by Yoruba ?
It is called spreadsheet .... go back to school first

1 Like

Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:

It is called spreadsheet .... go back to school first
it seems you don't foolishly know what is spreadsheet?
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
hahaha "trivial" said by ignoramus
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
it seems you don't foolishly know what is spreadsheet?
A fool will always retain his foolishness.
In one post you said "spread sheet" in this one you say "spreadsheet". You judge your own foolishness that's making you see correction as foolishness.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by jmaine: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Your points about citations while valid can suffer from the kind of isolation the strife among these schools and researchers can generate.

A lecturer/researcher in maybe UI or UNN who is ordinarily suppose to cite or reference the work of a CU researcher, being conscious of how it will work towards improving the reputation of CU/the CU researcher, may shy away from doing so. The fact that there so many of these papers rolling off their research mill also means someone somewhere maybe overwhelmed with their rate and unable to deal with them thoroughly enough, and therefore lead to lower citation.

Lol, your take is hilarious... In the academic environment, who has the time to look at your institution before referencing your work. Once our ideas tally, you are referenced.

Local referencing is even encouraged to expand and publicize the work of local scholars.

Research is now globalized, with tools like researchgate which makes published articles more visible, you don't even need a Nigerian audience to have a huge citation index.

Volumes of published works doesn't affect your citation index, except you are publishing monotonous topics. Even in such circumstances, we have hundreds of millions of researchers who may find your interesting research worth referencing.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by CodeTemplar: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2020
jmaine:

Lol, your take is hilarious... In the academic environment, who has the time to look at your institution before referencing your work. Once our ideas tally, you are referenced.

Local referencing is even encouraged to expand and publicize the work of local scholars.

Research is now globalized, with tools like researchgate which makes published articles more visible, you don't even need a Nigerian audience to have a huge citation index.

Volumes of published works doesn't affect your citation index, except you are publishing monotonous topics. Even in such circumstances, we have hundreds of millions of researchers who may find your interesting research worth referencing.
A substantial percentage of those citations are still within our local academic community.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by jmaine: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
A substantial percentage of those citations are still within our local academic community.

Which invalidates the point that local scholars intentionally avoid certain citations.

We derive joy quoting local scholars, especially those within the same department or same institution.

If your work is relevant.. Your citations go plenty. It doesn't need to be a grand research.
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by PrinxArthur1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
A fool will always retain his foolishness.
In one post you said "spread sheet" in this one you say "spreadsheet". You judge your own foolishness that's making you see correction as foolishness.
haha stop twaddling
Re: Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian by DeRay98(m): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
MichaelSokoto:

that's him!

u described him 110%

cool
My profession today is based on largely in physics and other sciences

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Covenant University In Pictures / Futa,akure 2012/2013 Official Post Ume And Admission Thread. / Children's Book Filled With Sexual Innuendos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.