Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

For Those Getting Married Soon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Those Getting Married Soon (1643 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Getting Married Soon by afrobaby(f): 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2011
Just thought about opening a thread for those of us that are planning to get married soon, what do u think?
For those that are newly married, pls tell us ur first month experience as a married lady/guy and for those of us that are just preparing or the wedding , how are we feeling?
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Odunnu: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2011
Oh well, i'm ecstatic. I'm actually taking instructions from my sister inlaw and my sister who have been paid to organise it. Its taken the strain off me. But yea, i'm already in cloud 9 in ecstacy
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by dayokanu(m): 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are getting married? I no gree. Didnt you promise to marry me?
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by marriagema(m): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
Know that there will be bad days. It won't always be a fair tale. Sometimes it will seem like a nightmare. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Also, I think most people marry to get something out of it. Obviously we should get something out of our marriage, but we should have the attitude of being a giver and making sure we're unselfish.

My two cents.
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2011
Odunnu:

Oh well, i'm ecstatic. I'm actually taking instructions from my sister inlaw and my sister who have been paid to organise it. Its taken the strain off me. But yea, i'm already in cloud 9 in ecstacy

Awww . . congrats dear!

Pls invite us oh, let's come and eat your rice! wink cheesy
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

See this one . . .  were you not the one shouting when you saw the list?

Go and save more money so that you will able to afford it (marriage)!  tongue  cheesy
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 04, 2011
The first 6 months to a year is the honeymoon period,you just can't get enough of each other, you wanna cuddle all the time, kiss all the time, sh[i]a[/i]g like it's your nutritional food e.t.c

The first year is the year you lot will be getting to know each other, no matter how long you guys might have dated, living together as husband and wife is an entirely diff thingy all together. There are things(I call it petty things cheesy) he'd do sometimes that you'll wish you can say bye bye to the marriage, you'll just feel like leaving your marital home and going back to your parents, you begin to ask yourself why did I even marry this bloke now?

Then the first 7 yrs is the trial period, marriage is not when you say I do but what happens after the I do is said. If you can live with a man for 7 yrs , then there is nothing that man will do to you(except the extremely heart breaking things) that you won't be able to forgive.
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by babyme1(f): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2011
Odunnu congrat. kiss kiss

@Jenny you make it sound stressful. Is it? undecided
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Blueice4re(f): 11:19am On Feb 04, 2011
@ Odunnu congrat girl.
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2011
baby.me:

Marriage itself is hard work and that's the truth. smiley it is not a bed of roses, trying to balance your status as a wife and mother can be quite tough. smiley

But believe me when I say if you marry the right person , there will be a lot of support.

Marriage is a good thing but don't expect lovey dovey all the time cheesy cheesy

hey am I scaring you?
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Odunnu: 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Ofcourse Yes! Are you bailing out on me?
Ujujoan:

Awww . . congrats dear!

Pls invite us oh, let's come and eat your rice! wink cheesy
Sure babez, I will. Its still months away.
jennykadry:

The first 6 months to a year is the honeymoon period,you just can't get enough of each other, you wanna cuddle all the time, kiss all the time, sh[i]a[/i]g like it's your nutritional food e.t.c

The first year is the year you lot will be getting to know each other, no matter how long you guys might have dated, living together as husband and wife is an entirely diff thingy all together. There are things(I call it petty things cheesy) he'd do sometimes that you'll wish you can say bye bye to the marriage, you'll just feel like leaving your marital home and going back to your parents, you begin to ask yourself why did I even marry this bloke now?

Then the first 7 yrs is the trial period, marriage is not when you say I do but what happens after the I do is said. If you can live with a man for 7 yrs , then there is nothing that man will do to you(except the extremely heart breaking things) that you won't be able to forgive.

Stored. I'll always remember this and encourage me to be strong and make it work. Thnx.
baby.me:

thnx gurl
Blueice4re:

@ Odunnu congrat girl.
Thanx a bunch gurl
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2011
How come I dont know we are getting married?
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Odunnu: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
Dont back out on me please.
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
why didnt you tell me we were getting married?

If you dont want me to back out get that list from Uju of what you would bring to me or search Culture section
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Odunnu: 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
I didnt tel you we were getting married because I wanted it to be a surprise.
About the list, Uju kant handle the list. Dunno about igbo culture but where I come from, females dnt handle marriage list.
Hw u dey btw?
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2011
So who go come supply those materials?

I dey ok but why you no tell me say you wan marry, I don dey show all my friends your pinkshur say I dey import my wife dey come from village grin grin grin.

Even na your pinkshur dey my screen saver and my cubicle, everyone even calls you "our wife"

wetin I wan come do now?
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Odunnu: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ko o serious DK!
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by OAM4J: 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2011
Getting Married Soon List:

1. Odunnu (Date already fixed.)  Congrats in advance.

2. Ujujoan in d queue (date will be fixed, as soon as she confirms the guy's 8-10 figure - balances in his offshore accounts) grin

3. Who is next?

NB:

About time all the single ladies on this site have mercy on Dayokanu by finding him a girl, so he'll stop proposing to every moniker with (f) status grin
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^^ LOl cheesy cheesy
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by Busybody2(f): 12:53am On Feb 09, 2011
shocked shocked shocked I can't believe I arrived late in a thread where dem dey share men angry So what is left angry Who got what angry Whaaat, you mean all the eligible bachelors have all been handed out angry No way, i no go gree angry Oya Odunnu come here, all of them nor get taste so i am afraid me and you will have to share and manage the bachelor you snagged then, and we have to toss a coin to decide how we are going to share him tongue Oya wait for me, make i go borrow the coin, and no hanky-panky moves and don't think of running away with him cos my eyes are on you tongue cheesy
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by ikamefa(f): 4:29am On Feb 10, 2011
jennykadry:

Gbam! grin grin grin
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by sirabbey(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
Busy_body:

shocked shocked shocked I can't believe I arrived late in a thread where dem dey share men angry So what is left angry Who got what angry Whaaat, you mean all the eligible bachelors have all been handed out angry No way, i no go gree angry Oya Odunnu come here, all of them nor get taste so i am afraid me and you will have to share and manage the bachelor you snagged then, and we have to toss a coin to decide how we are going to share him tongue Oya wait for me, make i go borrow the coin, and no hanky-panky moves and don't think of running away with him cos my eyes are on you tongue cheesy

LOL, Today the scripture is fulfilled on nairaland, Isaiah 4:1, And in that day seven women (Busy-body, Odunnu,, ) shall take hold of one man,
@topic, while preparing for the wedding never forget to prepare for the marriage. pack a bag load of shock absorbers, it will come in handy. Trillion tonnes of patience may just do if you are planning to celebrate your silver wedding jubilee together some day. sounds scary? never mind nothing good comes easy and by the way marriage may have many pains but celibacy has no pleasures, so you are in for a swell time.
Re: For Those Getting Married Soon by afrobaby(f): 11:45am On Feb 14, 2011
@sirabbey, you are damn right

(1) (Reply)

Should I Forgive Her / Please Advice. Walk Out Or Keep Praying? / Relationship And Marriage Bloggers!! Let's Share Ideas And Links.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.