Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? (2894 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / Groom Shows Off What He Gave His In-laws For Traditional Wedding In Enugu (Pix) / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? by Saintmary(f): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2020
Twenty8:
Is the white gown, the fancy tuxedo, the large crowd necessary, ever since I was born, I have witnessed this extravagant and loud wedding style being performed after the traditional wedding. After the traditional wedding people go home and come back for this loud wedding at the church, and then spend a lot on a huge reception, so i have questions in my mind about this wedding.
1) Is it a must?
2) Can't the church just bless the traditional wedding instead and everybody go home?
3) Is it more important than the traditional wedding?
4) Isn't the marriage complete if the couple hold just the traditional wedding?
5) Can't they sign the papers at the traditional wedding?
6) Can't everything end with our own traditional wedding style?
7) Does something bad happens if the white wedding is not held?
8} What do women think of not holding the white wedding?
10) What do men think of not holding the white wedding?
11) Is it true that the white wedding is a European culture and not our own?
11) If the church were to disagree on a couple not doing the white wedding, should the traditional wedding be held without them?

I have a lot of questions but I can't finish them because of time.
White wedding is not part of our culture.
For Pentecostal churches, a couple is ineligible for wedding in church if they are found to be pregnant before joining. So, if you skip church wedding, it is assumed that you are pregnant. If you can't afford large crowds, invite only few people.
Traditional wedding honors the people who raised the bride. In my personal opinion, you should do it first.
Re: Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? by U1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
Bola146:
No! Traditional marriage is okay for me. Two of us can go to the registry, no ceremony.

Good. Traditional sef na conditional, for me - only a handful of people ideally present.
Re: Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? by Alexaonfleek: 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
The main thing reason why most guys complain about white wedding is because of the expenses....the expenses that mostly come from the reception party and not during the wedding ceremony in church!!!!
Having a big reception party and spending money to rent hall and DJ is not compulsory!!!
I don't know about other churches,but in the Catholic Church, you must do your traditional wedding first before getting married in the church.
Then the priest will bless your marriage with the wedding mass,and you can go home!!
I think the Catholic Church also makes provision for the legal marriage certificates too.
You guys are just the ones putting unnecessary pressure on yourselves by trying to impress people who don't even give a fvck about you,and blaming the white people in the process.
Typical Nigerian loves owambe and party jollof rice.
Even the whites do their 'white wedding' on a low-key.
Re: Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? by emmanuilteleshe(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2021
In fact, it does not matter what you are wearing, but it is important what you really feel.
Re: Is It A Must To Perform The White Wedding After The Traditional Wedding? by SamPeters: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2021
The prototype of this wedding dress is an embroidered garment in Ps. 45: 14 in addition, it is indicated by thin linen in Rev. 19: 8 (see note of Rev. 19: 82b). This is the superior righteousness of the victorious believers, which is mentioned in Mt. 5: 20 (see note Mt. 5: 201a). A person who is not dressed in wedding clothes is saved because he came to the wedding feast. He accepted Christ as his righteousness to be justified before God (1 Cor. 1:30; Rom. 3:26), but he did not manifest Christ as his subjective righteousness by his life (Phil. 3:9) to participate in the enjoyment of the kingdom of heaven. He was called to salvation, but he was not chosen to enjoy the kingdom of heaven, which is intended only for the victorious believers. For example, elopetogatlinburg.com can help you feel a connection with nature and a relationship with the newlyweds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Buys School Bus For N2m, Spends N9.4m To Convert It To Flat / Before You Hit That Child, Please See (PHOTOS) / SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.