Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) (55761 Views)

Inside Coronavirus Isolation Ward In Lagos (Video) / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by seanblaise(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2020
Covid-19 and Tuberculosis share similar symptoms. I can offer you free TB service anywhere you are in Lagos. We have more than 1000 health facilities in Lagos. Just call +2349024264746.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by TruthinAction: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2020
God can heal coronavirus but we have ungodly leaders who don't believe in the healing power of Jesus name.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

Stop comparing military secrets to ordinary coronavirus treatment facility. Julian Assange and Edward Snowden were declared wanted by the US authorities for divulging top military intel NOT that they visited a coronavirus isolation facility. This is a matter of undermining national security and international relations.

Please coronavirus is not a secret; almost every country is working round the clock to contain the spread of the Chinese virus. The same countries you are trying to hide things from are those financing the fight against many incurable diseases in your country because they know your government is utterly useless.
I think you need to understand what he's pointing out, the manner in which everything that's happening in Nigeria aired across our borders is something that we should look into, "the kind of information we send matters a lot " for example the shooting that happened in aso rock was meant to be kept internally but I was surprised when I saw it on Ghanaian website, Google News and other sites, what do you think the world we see us as, do you think any president of the world would want to visit, envoys, ministers of state and prime Ministers.
Some informations would make them scared of visiting Nigeria which in turn would resist tourism and friendship among others.
To my surprise when I visited some African countries, they told me they were afraid to come close to me because nollywood movie made them believe Nigerians eat human beings.
Whether it is top military classified documents or not we should be careful the kind of information we send to the public.
Do you know that in most parts of China you cannot take pictures of their country and citizens because their security service believes you are undermining their sovereignty.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by PervertProphet: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2020
tonididdy:

You made a good point 'maybe' in the rest of your post but this part I have quoted is outright opinionated lies.

The US press is one of the free'est in the world. Hence the reason Trump dislikes the CNN because they don't like to mice words, pictures and videos when they give the news.

If you say that about China and Russia then you will be 1001% right.

Thank God.

There are people like you who know couple of what he wrote were wrong. I was about to comment on them but waited to see if anyone has done so in the comments section.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Nigeria we nor dey try at all

Small thing we don run go call BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeera

To sell bad stories of our country and you expect the world to respect us?

Incase you don't know, USA vets most news coming out of USA to the rest of the world especially anything that will affect their Military reputation

That us why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

that is why Nigerians are very afraid of FBI, CIA etc even though those guys aren't even as good as Anonymous or fancy bear when it comes to hacking and cyber space, check all their movies USA ALWAYS wins, same with the news it always points in the direction that USA will eventually win.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces were the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient. And USA even hires military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties.

China, russia, India, south africa etc all vet news that pertains their various nations

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, prostitution everything bad with them

We are too interested in earning crumps that we sell our reputation for next to nothing.

Na hunger I blame.

what are you on about?

have you not seen footage of hospital wards in the West that have covid-19 patients, albeit with blurred faces, on TV?

omo, I know there is a lot to give our politicians and the government stick for but if they truly did this then it's fine - they had to go on a sensitisation campaign to silence the doubters.

and don't be naive into thinking because you read about foreign nations and watch cable TV, you have a better idea of what constitutes foreign policy and national image than the seasoned and career diplomats in the government's employ.

as much as it hurts me to say about this inept government, with our doubts and mistrust of government in handling the virus, we're just as culpable in its spread as the stupid politicians.

PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE THAT COVID-19 IS REAL AND THE GOVERNMENT IS CHARGED WITH THAT RESPONSIBILITY. THEY'RE IDIOTS AT ASO ROCK BUT IT'S STILL THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. BOTH THINGS CAN BE TRUE.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Saintinoo(m): 8:25am On Jul 09, 2020
tonididdy:

You made a good point 'maybe' in the rest of your post but this part I have quoted is outright opinionated lies.

The US press is one of the free'est in the world. Hence the reason Trump dislikes the CNN because they don't like to mice words, pictures and videos when they give the news.

If you say that about China and Russia then you will be 1001% right.

Did you just say Trump dislikes CNN because they don't mice words? Abeg no talk am again.

Even CNN viewers, hardcore democrates know that CNN carry fake news and propaganda against Trump, i am not a Trump lover, the guy is a fat racist, but CNN lost it bro.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Christian07(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2020
Jestin:
It baffles me to see that some people think this is a joke. U see football stadium is empty when watching premier league but viewing centers are full to the brims. Which way 9ja?

You must be a comedian

You don’t ave anything to do this morning

Small power don dey ur hand you for go pursue dem

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2020
They think that they can share the money for Corona virus but surprising they can't, I just pray the virus don't affect common man hmm, I pray for the rich men too
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by oluwashegunfunm(m): 8:30am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Incase you don't know, USA vets most news coming out of USA to the rest of the world especially anything that will affect their Military reputation

That us why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

that is why Nigerians are very afraid of FBI, CIA etc even though those guys aren't even as good as Anonymous or fancy bear when it comes to hacking and cyber space, check all their movies USA ALWAYS wins, same with the news it always points in the direction that USA will eventually win.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces were the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient. And USA even hires military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties.

China, russia, India, south africa etc all vet news that pertains their various nations

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, prostitution everything bad with them

We are too interested in earning crumps that we sell our reputation for next to nothing.

Na hunger I blame.

We are talking about a pandemic that has no cure and you are comparing it to military might of the western world !!!
So we should rather say there is no corona virus in nigeria when we know rate of infection is rising everyday ? And When the cure or vaccine comes out we will be told we don’t really need It since our country is corona free while we die in silence??
Where is the sense in what you just typed ??
The cost of HIV retroviral drugs is supported by the western world because they know the rate of infection in nigeria is high and people can’t afford to buy it .
To make it worse over 246 people like this shit you wrote !!! Are we this stupid in nigeria ?
The United States made it known that over 100k people died , the UK did samething

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2020
Angy55:
Coronavirus is real but I didn't see much patient in the isolation centre compared to the figures Ncdc gives us every day... Or is my eyes decieving me?
Asymptomatic people normally should have no business in isolation centers. Do you think USA kept 3 million confirmed cases in centers?
The isolation centre idea worked for ebola, but it's clearly an expensive project for hyper- infectious covid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2020
lobbi:
we all know coro all over the world real no doubt about that put naija one too much abeg, small thing NDCD go dey hold press briefing dey announce new case here n there. NCDC n WHO no went this virus to end so that they will continue collecting monry. thunder go soon fire them useless people. let try to stay save sha
The confirmed cases in Nigeria are small compared to countries of similar population. meaning that ncdc figures are even underestimated.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:38am On Jul 09, 2020
Golan007:

You must be stupid.
Totally stupid, My brother. Majority of those that liked it didn't read the whole post I guess. We All watched how dead bodies were loaded into freezer trucks in New York. Does that look like vetted news to him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Angy55(f): 8:40am On Jul 09, 2020
authority2006:

How many isolation centers have you seen out of 36 states plus FCT? Have you even seen all the ones in Lagos state alone? Two, self isolation is also part of it if the patient is asymptomatic. Those that they discovered through contact tracing and testing.

They should have made a clearer video... That doesn't mean I'm doubting the fact that there is Covid-19.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:41am On Jul 09, 2020
Bluntemperor:

This same China that is causing the global troubles,yet she wants to control the World through fake news -imagine Corona Virus started there,for 3-months,wrecking havoc but Chinese authority couldn't tell the World,b because it is a Unitary Government!
The trouble with Nigerian Govt is that People don't trust them again.It has always been like that-from Obasanjo to Good luck and the present one.For example,how many times has the President had live audience with Nigerians,rather,what we see are Ministers.Did Nigerians voted for Ministers.? Look at Covid figures,where do they get them? Where are testing equipments for over 200 Millions people?
What about Covid-Fund? Don't blame Nigerians.
That we don't trust the government doesn't excuse blind doubt and willful ignorance among the citizens on such issue like covid that one can easily get verifiable information online and compare to what is being reported. Covid is no respecter of belief though, it affects who it affects and kills the weakest minority irrespective of trust and belief .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2020
pascal1993:
I know how this works...no need to panic about this virus. I have seen people get well from this virus in Nigeria and it doesn't scares me anymore. The truth of the matter is our government isn't trying at all. The drugs they use in treating this virus has both antiviral and antibiotic drugs. The only people I pity are the sick ones like the ones with cancer and diabetes. But this Government are taking it so hard on people instead of telling them the drugs to take.
No reasonable government will promote self medication among citizens unless it's over the counter drugs like pain relievers and the rest. Even then, one has to take them with guidance of a medic. It's the abysmal health infrastructure at play here. The ncdc is playing their role with the limited resources they have. But ncdc alone cannot fight the virus. Blind doubt and willful ignorance among citizens don't help matters too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Golan007: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2020
alexsoftwork:

Of course covid19 is real, not ruling out that fact. But u see in Nigeria here, baba that is not real. Even if it is, not much the ncdc is painting it.

What is wrong with you people?

Right before your eyes Abba Kyari died, Ajimobi died, the COS to the Ondo State governor have all passed away from the virus, can't you simply extrapolate and realise it is high within the general population?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2020
anonymous1759:

If am president they'll be no freedom of press to these journalists if you post anything Negative about Nigeria I'll delete you . It has now become an hobby to talk thrash about Nigeria to score cheap political Score or gain useless sympathy.

Truth to be told the Real culprit responsible for our the bad Name Nigeria has are not the fraudsters but the Press because they want stand righteousness in the eyes of the white men who's more dirty.
Use your church mind... Was anything untrue about that report?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2020
Donmams:

What is this one saying?

I'm saying no be everything you go call BBC show them.

Check the number of cases China claimed they have not until the world pressured china they added extra 3,000 cases overnight to the number they initially released, check the cases Iran, russia, etc said they have they purposely supressed their numbers

And now countries with high numbers will soon suffer travel and business restrictions for those high numbers.

Meanwhile China is already back to business export goods once again like nothing happened, EU is denying entry for business and pleasure whether positive or not , quarantined or not are denied entry to People from USA and countries highly affected.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by onyxo76(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2020
even if you carry some people go inside isolation centre, they will still believe the patients there were arrangee...its a pity.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2020
Cammo:
I know it's real but where are the thousands of infected people they keep telling us about?
The infected are mostly Moving about freely with very mild or no symptoms that are being taken as malaria or typhoid. All over the world, over 80 percent of infected don't need to get hospitalised and will recover on their own immunity . The survival rate is over 96 percent generally and significantly less for the aged.
It's a general consensus that many more people have been infected and recovered without knowing.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Christian07(m): 8:52am On Jul 09, 2020
onyxo76:
even if you carry some people go inside isolation centre, they will still believe the patients there were arrangee...its a pity.

So you blame the some pple
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:54am On Jul 09, 2020
wamide042:

Wow... I eventually found someone who thinks like me on Nairaland, it’s a pity that we quickly believe what UK or USA says without making our own findings..
Concerning USA and UK there’s more to meet than the eyes.
Just like most Nigerians believe That US prison is better and Beautiful more than some Nigerian homes and hotels.
The US prisons you watch in their movies that makes you think is better is far worse than it seems in reality..
But since it’s the US we believe they’re all Perfect.
In this case, nothing stopped our media from visiting the covid ICU wards earlier on when Nigerians were yearning for graphic evidence. I wonder what kept them from doing so. Besides there's nothing untrue about their report.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Dominatrix(f): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2020
Bleep some Nigerians really.... I'm not ashamed to say that. Most of you losers just shit through your mouth and think you're talking. What a shame!!
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by dlaw70(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

That is why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces are the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear and the lack of shame our people have so they steal openly and keep their dirt in the open for all to see.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient, infact Vietnamese Rice farmers defeated US troops WELL in 1955-1975 massacred them. And USA started hiring military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties because US army didn't die meanwhile their us military contractors and the Africans they hired died but won't be counted to the rest of the world as US citizens or casualties.

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, Hiv, prostitution everything bad happening in South Africa.

Na hunger I blame.
well explained

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2020
benzion72:
Covid 19 scam and business. Now how many patient are shown in this video, why not show the thousand of figures been reel out. 30,000 infected only 600 dead. Will 600 not died in a population of 220 million in six months, May God deliver us for internal colonial master
Those numbers are only from testing about 0.1 percent of the population. The real figures are far more dire.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by adedayoa2(f): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2020
Skills10:

You are limiting the flow of oxygen into your system by doing so.

Histotoxic hypoxia. Breathing in more carbondioxide. It Increases your cortisol levels, it drives you into a fight or flight response. It suppresses your immune system.
The pores of the mask are so big compared to the particles that they are trying to keep out.

You are increasing your own susceptibility when you wear a mask to every pathogen that is out there: virus, parasite etc. You stressing your body, you are more susceptible, more vulnerable to any pathogen. You making yourself hypoxic.
Cheers

stay safe, buy this

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2020
authority2006:

That's a lie. USA govt keeps secret, I know. But they don't have power to vet the news in the possession of the media. Though, their media houses might decide to be patriotic with the kind of news in their possession. That's the only area I think Nigerian media should emulate, self restraint and patriotism
With the way they bash their president, I doubt that patriotism comes in their way of reporting.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Brightminds: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

That is why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces are the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear and the lack of shame our people have so they steal openly and keep their dirt in the open for all to see.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient, infact Vietnamese Rice farmers defeated US troops WELL in 1955-1975 massacred them. And USA started hiring military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties because US army didn't die meanwhile their us military contractors and the Africans they hired died but won't be counted to the rest of the world as US citizens or casualties.

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, Hiv, prostitution everything bad happening in South Africa.

Na hunger I blame.
Lier so there was Nigeria as an entity in 1941,how can u write this long rubbish and u expect sane people to believe you....he be like say cori dey worry u...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:01am On Jul 09, 2020
This video is not na. They just showed us 1 or 2 persons on the hospital bed. Anybody that believe in this video can equally believe that bihari is a problem solver.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Babaibejii: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Stopfapping:
So, showing a 75 years old man and telling him to tell the camera crew that he thought it was all over is NCDC next move to bribe international media and continue creating fear so that they can continue stealing money.

Well people don't care again. BBC, CNN, WHO, CHINA, una father

My brother i weak o. What did this video ahow abeg. Omo 75 year old faint na news. He don chop? Abegi....no coro jor
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 9:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Saintinoo:

Did you just say Trump dislikes CNN because they don't mice words? Abeg no talk am again.

Even CNN viewers, hardcore democrates know that CNN carry fake news and propaganda against Trump, i am not a Trump lover, the guy is a fat racist, but CNN lost it bro.
Then when they point out those lapses it becomes fake News?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl Rushed To Hospital With Iron Hook In Her Eye. Graphic Photos / Farida Sobowale 'House Of Phreeda' Attempts To Commit Suicide On Third Mainland / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.