Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) (55770 Views)

Inside Coronavirus Isolation Ward In Lagos (Video) / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Praxtech: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2020
adedayoa2:
stay safe, buy this
Not effective. You need it in combo with the mask
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by fm001(m): 9:08am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Nigeria we nor dey try at all

Small thing we don run go call BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeera

To sell bad stories of our country and you expect the world to respect us?

Incase you don't know, USA vets most news coming out of USA to the rest of the world especially anything that will affect their Military reputation

That is why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

that is why Nigerians are very afraid of FBI, CIA etc even though those guys aren't even as good as Anonymous or fancy bear when it comes to hacking and cyber space, check all their movies USA ALWAYS wins, same with the news it always points in the direction that USA will eventually win.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces are the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear and the lack of shame our people have so they steal openly and keep their dirt in the open for all to see.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient, infact Vietnamese Rice farmers defeated US troops WELL in 1955-1975 massacred them. And USA started hiring military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties because US army didn't die meanwhile their us military contractors and the Africans they hired died but won't be counted to the rest of the world as US citizens or casualties.

China, russia, India, south africa etc all vet news that pertains their various nations

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, Hiv, prostitution everything bad happening in South Africa.

We are too interested in earning crumps that we sell our reputation for next to nothing.

Na hunger I blame.
Not really hunger my bro, our problem is borne out of our selfish desire, greed or quest to have everything. Sadly we even join foreigners to speak ill of our country as if Americans and Europeans are saints. A typical American will fight tooth and nail to uphold that name "America" as a great brand to the other world, unlike in Nigeria where people can even sell their families for the love of money....May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by BakQAQ: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2020
What we should know was concealed by the United States, which led to the spread of the virus. We also thought it was a hoax. We live in a controlled world.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Jerryolumide(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Incase you don't know, USA vets most news coming out of USA to the rest of the world especially anything that will affect their Military reputation

That is why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

that is why Nigerians are very afraid of FBI, CIA etc even though those guys aren't even as good as Anonymous or fancy bear when it comes to hacking and cyber space, check all their movies USA ALWAYS wins, same with the news it always points in the direction that USA will eventually win.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces are the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear and the lack of shame our people have so they steal openly and keep their dirt in the open for all to see.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient, infact Vietnamese Rice farmers defeated US troops WELL in 1955-1975 massacred them. And USA started hiring military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties because US army didn't die meanwhile their us military contractors and the Africans they hired died but won't be counted to the rest of the world as US citizens or casualties.

China, russia, India, south africa etc all vet news that pertains their various nations

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, Hiv, prostitution everything bad happening in South Africa.

We are too interested in earning crumps that we sell our reputation for next to nothing.

Na hunger I blame.

Edit: this writeup was getting too long and I assumed everyone was smart enough to infer the ending, or how this relates to the topic but obviously not so I'll add it.

All these bad coverage will affect us negatively, perception, travel for business, leisure and education already China is in full swing it's business as usual whereas countries purported to be badly hit are being restricted by EU and many nations Portugal was angry that UK restricted their citizens when they don't even have very many cases then imagine whether or not Nigeria won't be restricted when you present to the world that 1. your people are ignorant,
2. The disease is ravaging Nigeria
3. The medical sector is poor and ill equipped to face the disease even tho we dealt with ebola

Connect the dots
Too much noise. Zero point!!!
I stopped reading when I saw we ran to CNN, BBC
You mustn't comment on everything you know

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Theoarhics: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2020
That man that said 30 people are supposed to die before he will believe that coronavirus is real...may you be one of those 30 people.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Rodwave: 9:15am On Jul 09, 2020
tonididdy:

You made a good point 'maybe' in the rest of your post but this part I have quoted is outright opinionated lies.

The US press is one of the free'est in the world. Hence the reason Trump dislikes the CNN because they don't like to mice words, pictures and videos when they give the news.

If you say that about China and Russia then you will be 1001% right.

You are correct.
He mixed a lot of things together out of ignorance. The wiki leaks case he talked about has nothing to do with US vetting media bla bla. He relates unrelated issues together.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by wamide042(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

In this case, nothing stopped our media from visiting the covid ICU wards earlier on when Nigerians were yearning for graphic evidence. I wonder what kept them from doing so. Besides there's nothing untrue about their report.

Bro i want to believe you’re a Nigerian too, and you know a typical Nigerian will tell you it’s still a scam that the government will put some people at the isolation center and makes it look like it’s real..one of my neighbors still looks at me like I’m Stupid when i go out with my face mask. In his words”Government is deceiving all of you and you’re deceiving yourself too’.. and this is a learned person... what i will suggest the government do is to plant some people at some strategic locations who will act like they have the virus and when people see the Covid 19 Ambulances blaring thru their community to pick up this people planted there i think they will want to believe it’s real.. just my opinion though.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by onyxo76(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2020
Christian07:

So you blame the some pple
not at all, some people simply have chosen to believe what they want to believe even when the evidence is glaring...imagine the man saying 30 people must drop dead around him to be convinced.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2020
Hoax , allow forign Media to interview them, they were told to cooperate in front of camera so they won't lose the free bowl of ewedu and Amala with big kpomo for pretending to be critically ill so the massive looting in the name of konvik one and nine Birus will go on unnotice
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by fredoooooo: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

"When the Righteous rule, the people rejoice. But Bad leaders are a reproach to any set of people" (The Holy Bible)

You sound quite young and naïve (with all due respect sir), no insults intended.
The average Nigerian is not what you described above... Years of bad leadership can make the best of humans turn away from good. This is historically proven!!!

We often erroneously denigrate ourselves and people just because of a few evil people who largely make up the political class. But, travel around the nation, and see the true Nigerian spirit abounding across tribes and cultures... Do you think the very wonderful people in developed nations would be so wonderful if their national situation were like ours here, for these number of years??! Do they actually stay positive, good and kind in the face of bad leadership??!.. How many of our age mates born and raised in highly developed nations have ever faced a third of what we experience here??!...

I won't debate much on this , but I'm 100% sure, we need some serious level of discipline from leaderships to followerships, for all of us to be able to get out of this mess ....
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 9:23am On Jul 09, 2020
wamide042:

Bro i want to believe you’re a Nigerian too, and you know a typical Nigerian will tell you it’s still a scam that the government will put some people at the isolation center and makes it look like it’s real..one of my neighbors still looks at me like I’m Stupid when i go out with my face mask. In his words”Government is deceiving all of you and you’re deceiving yourself too’.. and this is a learned person... what i will suggest the government do is to plant some people at some strategic locations who will act like they have the virus and when people see the Covid 19 Ambulances blaring thru their community to pick up this people planted there i think they will want to believe it’s real.. just my opinion though.
That is the willful ignorance I'm talking about. Pitiable. And we can't blame the govt for that.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 9:27am On Jul 09, 2020
fredoooooo:

I won't debate much on this , but I'm 100% sure, we need some serious level of discipline from leaderships to followerships, for all of us to be able to get out of this mess ....

I agree sir... Permit me to leave you with the following words:

"If you want to know the temperature of your organization, you should put a thermometer in the leader's mouth." (Rick Warren)
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2020
fm001:

Not really hunger my bro, our problem is borne out of our selfish desire, greed or quest to have everything. Sadly we even join foreigners to speak ill of our country as if Americans and Europeans are saints. A typical American will fight tooth and nail to uphold that name "America" as a great brand to the other world, unlike in Nigeria where people can even sell their families for the love of money....May God help us.
All that has nothing to do with free media. The whole world is seeing how America is scrambling and fumbling to contain the virus. And they're clearly doing far better than us as a developed nation. It's the same American media that beamed the mass burials and loading bodies in trucks to the whole world. That's not a saintly position in My opinion.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by wamide042(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

That is the willful ignorance I'm talking about. Pitiable. And we can't blame the govt for that.
Well for the few of us who believes it’s real, we should continue to take safety precautions. Till it’s over.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by lopjohnny(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2020
tonididdy:

You made a good point 'maybe' in the rest of your post but this part I have quoted is outright opinionated lies.

The US press is one of the free'est in the world. Hence the reason Trump dislikes the CNN because they don't like to mice words, pictures and videos when they give the news.

If you say that about China and Russia then you will be 1001% right.

He said MOST news not ALL news.

Everybody knows CNN is a fraud to the US especially to the Republicans.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by tonididdy(m): 10:09am On Jul 09, 2020
lopjohnny:

Oga kwayet and concentrate on your NTA and AITees

Do you even have cable TV in that zoo?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by 77up(m): 10:11am On Jul 09, 2020
Stopfapping:
So, showing a 75 years old man and telling him to tell the camera crew that he thought it was all over is NCDC next move to bribe international media and continue creating fear so that they can continue stealing money.

Well people don't care again. BBC, CNN, WHO, CHINA, una father
Your lots are unfortunately the reason this virus keep spreading like fire.

Funny enough, most of you "it's a scam crew" are pure hypocrite, as we type now you may be putting on face mask even wore handglove but what about thousands I not millions you people are encouraging to go out there unprotected? May God intervene in this pandemic on time.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by tonididdy(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2020
Saintinoo:

Did you just say Trump dislikes CNN because they don't mice words? Abeg no talk am again.

Even CNN viewers, hardcore democrates know that CNN carry fake news and propaganda against Trump, i am not a Trump lover, the guy is a fat racist, but CNN lost it bro.

Not just CNN bro...
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Stopfapping: 10:16am On Jul 09, 2020
77up:
Your lots are unfortunately the reason this virus keep spreading like fire.
for your information, my cousin is a front-line worker, they earn more by inflating figures, if you like don't believe it's been hijacked and a source of stealing which can only be sustained by media propaganda
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by 77up(m): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2020
Stopfapping:
for your information, my cousin is a front-line worker, they earn more by inflating figures, if you like don't believe it's been hijacked and a source of stealing which can only be sustained by media propaganda
It is well.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Onlyonebuhari: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Na hunger I blame.

Edit: this writeup was getting too long and I assumed everyone was smart enough to infer the ending, or how this relates to the topic but obviously not so I'll add it.

All these bad coverage will affect us negatively, perception, travel for business, leisure and education already China is in full swing it's business as usual you can go online and order goods from China Nd it'll be delivered to Nigeria meanwhile someone outside Nigeria cannot order goods from Nigeria and get it in his/her country. Why? Didn't China have worse hit than us? They supressed their Corona cases and even tried to silence the doctor who broke the story remember?

Countries purported to be badly hit are being restricted by E.U and many nations, Portugal was angry that UK restricted their citizens when they don't have many cases then imagine whether or not Nigeria won't be restricted when you present to the world on BBC that;
1. your people are ignorant,
2. The virus is ravaging Nigeria
3. The medical sector is poor and ill equipped to face the disease even tho we dealt with ebola

Connect the dots

May God bless you
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by MrBlock: 10:30am On Jul 09, 2020
tonididdy:
Finally a little proof

Hmmm...Don't leave me!! Don't leave me!!! #CrossRiver/Calabar
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2020
lopjohnny:

As Fox news is to liberals.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Love48(f): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2020
Covid_19 is real even in Nigeria but d figures dat d NCDC is giving is too much cus it's not up to dat..

I don talk my own
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2020
Love48:
Covid_19 is real even in Nigeria but d figures dat d NCDC is giving is too much cus it's not up to dat..

I don talk my own
Those numbers are only from testing about 0.1 percent of the population. The real figures are far more dire
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2020
awhybliss:
covid-19 is real, vaccine will be available in the next 10years but testing isn't the cure, there is no way to slow down curve by testing unless by human taking responsibilities...
We can't lock down schools for 10years, we have to open up and let's adapt to new way of living by taking preventive health safety measures and taking self-responsibilities of our health individually....
HIV has no vaccine but we have learn how to take responsibilities individually and adapt to the HIV virus life, because it has come to stay with us... Millions of people are having sex every minutes, but most people use protective rubbers or do testing to know their partner status, HIV has been curb to it minimum by taking self-responsibilities..
Same as Covid-19, we can wait 10 years for vaccine from westerners or W.H.O( even though I strongly believe local herbal tonic recommended by the oni of Ife and his health experts and some other health practitioners will effectively work, but the top government officials aren't fast-tracking the process, am 101% sure when the vaccine is ready in years to come, we will have several local tonics as well, just like typhoid and malaria), we must learn and adapt new ways of living, even if it's by wearing facemask and social distancing for 10 years, at least lives are not put on hold for the time vaccine will be ready .
Take note: testing don't cure or curb transmission it only shows figures, we individual can curb the virus transmission to it minimum even if the schools, market, place of worship and airlines are opened.
The reason for spike in cases is because we are not yet use to the virus, in the next 6 month everybody would have get use to living with the virus systematic way of transmission, so we can avoid contracting it easily
all is scam
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2020
ENGINEERG:
MOST PEOPLE WE SEE EVERYDAY HAS THE VIRUS, BUT IT DIDNT AFFECT MOST PEOPLE

EVEN YOU THAT IS READING THIS ,MAYBE POSITIVE NOW , OR BEFORE. BUT GOD HAS MADE IT NOT TO AFFECT US

WE THANK GOD FOR THIS
ncdc agent
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 10:50am On Jul 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:
PASTOR CHRIS should be arrested for misinforming the Ignorant public too. He really messed up. Imagine telling stubborn Nigerians that such does not exist... Now see what's happening everywhere. How I wish all these Fake people will have a taste of it
is scam abeg
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 10:53am On Jul 09, 2020
nams77:

Most folks don't even bother to report it when they become infected. They just stay home and weather the storm.
I have seen a few. The truth is that a large percentage already has this virus
liar how did u know that many people have the virus?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by willybaby(m): 10:54am On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Na hunger I blame.

All these bad coverage will affect us negatively, perception, travel for business, leisure and education already China is in full swing it's business as usual you can go online and order goods from China Nd it'll be delivered to Nigeria meanwhile someone outside Nigeria cannot order goods from Nigeria and get it in his/her country. Why? Didn't China have worse hit than us? They supressed their Corona cases and even tried to silence the doctor who broke the story remember?

Countries purported to be badly hit are being restricted by E.U and many nations, Portugal was angry that UK restricted their citizens when they don't have many cases then imagine whether or not Nigeria won't be restricted when you present to the world on BBC that;
1. your people are ignorant,
2. The virus is ravaging Nigeria

Connect the dots
i couldn't help but re-read your write-up all over again, Nigeria is blessed to have a citizen like you am proud in calling you a fellow Nigerian. Let me just keep my reply short cause you've said it all

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 10:56am On Jul 09, 2020
adedayoa2:
Dont stop wearing your masks, I go out everyday, only few people wear their masks.
the ones that didn't wear did the have any problem?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2020
authority2006:

Someone was buried last week at the Muslim burial ground less than 1km to my area by NCDC. He died at isolation center. Osun state house of assembly has suspended sittings because four of the members tested positive for COVID-19. Protect yourself and your loved ones because there is little govt can do to help you.
what a liar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? / Girl Rushed To Hospital With Iron Hook In Her Eye. Graphic Photos / Farida Sobowale 'House Of Phreeda' Attempts To Commit Suicide On Third Mainland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.