Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) (55764 Views)

Inside Coronavirus Isolation Ward In Lagos (Video) / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2020
onyxo76:
even if you carry some people go inside isolation centre, they will still believe the patients there were arrangee...its a pity.
where is the isolation centres?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by johnbull2017(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2020
All those saying that its just few patients that are at the isolation centers.

It just shows how dumb or uninformed your are. The video only showed you few patients at the ICU of a particular center(LUTH).

If you are in Lagos and want to see patients, please pay a visit to Onikan stadium, Landmark Center in VI, Gbagada general hospital, IDH yaba, just those 4 Centers you would know if the gov. lied or not.

You can't just be in your home and be typing trash.

For the wise and smart ones,
Please;

Wear Mask
Keep social Distance
Wash your hands regularly
Educate more Covidiots.

God Help us and keep us.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by onyxo76(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2020
kadiri3:
where is the isolation centres?
depends on your state of residence,i know the centres for my state.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by wowdiva: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2020
The case of this lady brought tears to my eyes,
crycry
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by spiralwedge(m): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2020
Time to ban BBC from Nigeria. BBC in particular. BBC loves to highlight the bad in their former "trophies", but repackages the ills in the UK and hides them as sub-news.

BBC is the major racist institution in the UK.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Fragility6: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Nigeria we nor dey try at all

Small thing we don run go call BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeera

To sell bad stories of our country and you expect the world to respect us?

Incase you don't know, USA vets most news coming out of USA to the rest of the world especially anything that will affect their Military reputation

That is why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

that is why Nigerians are very afraid of FBI, CIA etc even though those guys aren't even as good as Anonymous or fancy bear when it comes to hacking and cyber space, check all their movies USA ALWAYS wins, same with the news it always points in the direction that USA will eventually win.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces are the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear and the lack of shame our people have so they steal openly and keep their dirt in the open for all to see.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient, infact Vietnamese Rice farmers defeated US troops WELL in 1955-1975 massacred them. And USA started hiring military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties because US army didn't die meanwhile their us military contractors and the Africans they hired died but won't be counted to the rest of the world as US citizens or casualties.

China, russia, India, south africa etc all vet news that pertains their various nations

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, Hiv, prostitution everything bad happening in South Africa.

We are too interested in earning crumps that we sell our reputation for next to nothing.

Na hunger I blame.

Edit: this writeup was getting too long and I assumed everyone was smart enough to infer the ending, or how this relates to the topic but obviously not so I'll add it.

All these bad coverage will affect us negatively, perception, travel for business, leisure and education already China is in full swing it's business as usual you can go online and order goods from China Nd it'll be delivered to Nigeria meanwhile someone outside Nigeria cannot order goods from Nigeria and get it in his/her country. Why? Didn't China have worse hit than us? They supressed their Corona cases and even tried to silence the doctor who broke the story remember?

Countries purported to be badly hit are being restricted by E.U and many nations, Portugal was angry that UK restricted their citizens when they don't have many cases then imagine whether or not Nigeria won't be restricted when you present to the world on BBC that;
1. your people are ignorant,
2. The virus is ravaging Nigeria
3. The medical sector is poor and ill equipped to face the disease even tho we dealt with ebola

Connect the dots
How do you get this informed? (referring to Vietnamese rice farmers and other wars)
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Skills10: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
johnbull2017:

It just shows how dumb or uninformed your are. The video only showed you few patients at the ICU of a particular center(LUTH).

If you are in Lagos and want to see patients, please pay a visit to Onikan stadium, Landmark Center in VI, Gbagada general hospital, IDH yaba, just those 4 Centers you would know if the gov. lied or not.

Please;

Wear Mask
Keep social Distance
Educate more Covidiots.

God Help us and keep us.

And what makes you think a face mask can prevent a corona virus? Is there any scientific evidence to support that?

Why can't you all think? Why always believe the narrative from the media?

Social engineering at its very best.

Take your time and carefully watch event 201.all the episodes.

Also, read about the gain of function studies, herd immunity and have knowledge.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by GoddonBishop: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
Na only this Covid 19 be deadly sickness's without cure? Make una no let me swear give una oh. Una don spend 24 hours for Nigerian General Hospital to see how many people dey die every hour? Una no go find cure to those ones na cough and flu problem be pandemic. Hell fire dey wait till una.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by nams77: 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
kadiri3:
liar how did u know that many people have the virus?
. No need to engage you or argue.
You will soon find out for yourself.
The virus is here with us now. Las las Everyone will get it.
Those who will survive will survive and those with underlying health factor will succumb.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by mechanics(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
I pity those who say COVID-19 is not real, they are on their own.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by kadiri3(m): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
nams77:

. No need to engage you or argue.
You will soon find out for yourself.
The virus is here with us now. Las las Everyone will get it.
Those who will survive will survive and those with underlying health factor will succumb.
so the virus is with us and we didn't see anyone with our own eyes have the virus,I'm waiting the day that i will see everyone suffering for the virus
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Ayomarcel(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Incase you don't know, USA vets most news coming out of USA to the rest of the world especially anything that will affect their Military reputation

That is why Julian assange of wiki leaks and Edward Snowden of NSA scandals happened, they revealed News USA is hiding from the rest of the world and even it's citizens.

that is why Nigerians are very afraid of FBI, CIA etc even though those guys aren't even as good as Anonymous or fancy bear when it comes to hacking and cyber space, check all their movies USA ALWAYS wins, same with the news it always points in the direction that USA will eventually win.

I bet you didn't know that Nigerian forces are the fastest ground forces in history in world war 2 on march 14, 1941 the Nigerians chased down the Italians in record time in Ethiopia, yet you have 0 respect for Nigerian military because of all the bad news you hear and the lack of shame our people have so they steal openly and keep their dirt in the open for all to see.

The world fears American military even though Israel has a better trained, more compact military, more efficient, infact Vietnamese Rice farmers defeated US troops WELL in 1955-1975 massacred them. And USA started hiring military contractors and Africans to fight in their name so it always seems USA has little or no casualties because US army didn't die meanwhile their us military contractors and the Africans they hired died but won't be counted to the rest of the world as US citizens or casualties.

China, russia, India, south africa etc all vet news that pertains their various nations

That is why if you go to China today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of Corona, if you go to South Africa today they will say you the foreigner is the cause of drugs, rape, Hiv, prostitution everything bad happening in South Africa.

We are too interested in earning crumps that we sell our reputation for next to nothing.

Na hunger I blame.

Edit: this writeup was getting too long and I assumed everyone was smart enough to infer the ending, or how this relates to the topic but obviously not so I'll add it.

All these bad coverage will affect us negatively, perception, travel for business, leisure and education already China is in full swing it's business as usual you can go online and order goods from China Nd it'll be delivered to Nigeria meanwhile someone outside Nigeria cannot order goods from Nigeria and get it in his/her country. Why? Didn't China have worse hit than us? They supressed their Corona cases and even tried to silence the doctor who broke the story remember?

Countries purported to be badly hit are being restricted by E.U and many nations, Portugal was angry that UK restricted their citizens when they don't have many cases then imagine whether or not Nigeria won't be restricted when you present to the world on BBC that;
3. The medical sector is poor and ill equipped to face the disease even tho we dealt with ebola

Connect the dots

Truly, well said. This is very informative and interesting.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by nams77: 3:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
kadiri3:
so the virus is with us and we didn't see anyone with our own eyes have the virus,I'm waiting the day that i will see everyone suffering for the virus
Never mind. You will remember that day
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Hotice085: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Afolabimills:
any way continue to dey kpai ur keypad apako fone wey u dey dere dey form burantashi ode sondoko

Omo ale wey wan burst bottle de talk about phone!
U de use awof de browse come de talk nonsense, be careful or you go see any how
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by amakadlite(f): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
awhybliss:
covid-19 is real, vaccine will be available in the next 10years but testing isn't the cure, there is no way to slow down curve by testing unless by human taking responsibilities...
We can't lock down schools for 10years, we have to open up and let's adapt to new way of living by taking preventive health safety measures and taking self-responsibilities of our health individually....
HIV has no vaccine but we have learn how to take responsibilities individually and adapt to the HIV virus life, because it has come to stay with us... Millions of people are having sex every minutes, but most people use protective rubbers or do testing to know their partner status, HIV has been curb to it minimum by taking self-responsibilities..
Same as Covid-19, we can wait 10 years for vaccine from westerners or W.H.O( even though I strongly believe local herbal tonic recommended by the oni of Ife and his health experts and some other health practitioners will effectively work, but the top government officials aren't fast-tracking the process, am 101% sure when the vaccine is ready in years to come, we will have several local tonics as well, just like typhoid and malaria), we must learn and adapt new ways of living, even if it's by wearing facemask and social distancing for 10 years, at least lives are not put on hold for the time vaccine will be ready .
Take note: testing don't cure or curb transmission it only shows figures, we individual can curb the virus transmission to it minimum even if the schools, market, place of worship and airlines are opened.
The reason for spike in cases is because we are not yet use to the virus, in the next 6 month everybody would have get use to living with the virus systematic way of transmission, so we can avoid contracting it easily
never compare hiv to covid19. they are different infections with different modes of transmission. you can comfortably live with a hiv patient or patients with out being infected and thats not the case with covid19.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Cammo: 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

The infected are mostly Moving about freely with very mild or no symptoms that are being taken as malaria or typhoid. All over the world, over 80 percent of infected don't need to get hospitalised and will recover on their own immunity . The survival rate is over 96 percent generally and significantly less for the aged.
It's a general consensus that many more people have been infected and recovered without knowing.
In other words, they discover new cases but don't isolate them? I'm asking because I'm wondering where they keep the purported tens of thousands of patients report to us every midnight. If they're just testing and not isolating infected people, how else do they plan to stop or, at least, reduce this threat?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cammo:

In other words, they discover new cases but don't isolate them? I'm asking because I'm wondering where they keep the purported tens of thousands of patients report to us every midnight. If they're just testing and not isolating infected people, how else do they plan to stop or, at least, reduce this threat?
In most other countries, asymptomatic and mild cases are not isolated but they are advised to self isolate. Imagine if USA had isolated the 3 million and rising confirmed cases... That wouldn't have been logistically feasible.

Besides, like half of the cases are recorded recovered.
There were also cases of people filling in fake contact addresses during testing and outright absconding from their residence after testing.
Lastly, I don't think the ncdc has the logistical resources to search and pick up all confirmed cases which are in their thousands now so they resort To mostly calling the positive cases by phone and invite them to isolation centre ( typical Nigerian won't oblige).

All these are with just a testing rate of about 0.1 percent of our population. They haven't even scratched the surface statistically.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Hotice085: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
johnbull2017:

Please;

Wear Mask
Keep social Distance
Educate more Covidiots.

God Help us and keep us.

99.9% of covid19 patients did all the RUBBISH you wrote up there and still got infected.
You prick u think you yourself ain't carrying the SCAM shit or you still think d SCAM isn't everywhere abi you de wait for testing.
Covidiots are far educated than you worthless frauds from WHO and her agents
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hotice085:

99.9% of covid19 patients did all the RUBBISH you wrote up there and still got infected.
You prick u think you yourself ain't carrying the SCAM shit or you still think d SCAM isn't everywhere abi you de wait for testing.
Covidiots are far educated than you worthless frauds from WHO and her agents
I don't understand.... How exactly is it a scam. Is it that it doesn't exist and A few scientists managed to fool the whole world and ravage the economies or what? Explain pls.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Hotice085: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

I don't understand.... How exactly is it a scam. Is it that it doesn't exist and A few scientists managed to fool the whole world and ravage the economies or what? Explain pls.

When u only want to hear what you want to hear, why won't you need explanations?
You opened your one-sided mouth and call people idoits yet you never heard of scientists in France claiming that they had similar cases since late November.
If you covid19 agents still thinks that over 70% of our populations isn't covid19 infected you must be dreamers
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Slimpotter(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ahhn ahnnn

Na hunger I blame.

Connect the dots

Thanks for all the likes and comments so I'll add jara.

"Do not fear the enemy for they can only take your life, fear the media far more for they will destroy your honour" -

this was what the Vietnamese General Vo Nguyen Giap (who actually had no direct military training and was a history teacher at a French-speaking academy) told the Vietnamese people during the Vietnamese war with America.

That's why I referred to them as rice farmers and not soldiers even their highest ranked fighters weren't actually trained majority of the soldiers were rice farmers Yet they defeated USA and very few people know the outcome of the war thanks to US media control.

After the war one of USA's top military officials said "it was the first war we fought on the television screen and the first war our country ever fought were the media had FULL REIGN"

Nigerians have been lied to alot to believe America has the best military in the world.

World War 2 was majorly won by the Soviet Union

The Vietnamese war was won by Ho Chi Minh, even with the untrained less equipped and poor Vietnamese people.

America was loosing the war but lying to their people that they were gaining ground.

They're still fighting in Afghanistan for over a decade and haven't made any serious progress.

The only credit they can claim is the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which reports says they were already willing to surrender because the Japanese fear the advancing Soviet Red Army.

I don't see any major war they've won, and I see people who keep on believing their lies as those who know little about historical events.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Slimpotter(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
tonididdy:

You made a good point 'maybe' in the rest of your post but this part I have quoted is outright opinionated lies.

The US press is one of the free'est in the world. Hence the reason Trump dislikes the CNN because they don't like to mice words, pictures and videos when they give the news.

If you say that about China and Russia then you will be 1001% right.

What you see is an illusion.
The US billionaires which are like less than 10% control 90% of the media in US, so all we get from their media are tailored narrative to serve both sides of the political party divides which represents these billionaires.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Cosyfaith(f): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Hoax , allow forign Media to interview them, they were told to cooperate in front of camera so they won't lose the free bowl of ewedu and Amala with big kpomo for pretending to be critically ill so the massive looting in the name of konvik one and nine Birus will go on unnotice

Ahan!, this is the height. Bros you have no brain in your skull o. Don't let anyone deceive you and tell you otherwise please. Shior!
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hotice085:

When u only want to hear what you want to hear, why won't you need explanations?
You opened your one-sided mouth and call people idoits yet you never heard of scientists in France claiming that they had similar cases since late November.
If you covid19 agents still thinks that over 70% of our populations isn't covid19 infected you must be dreamers
I guess you're referring to another person @ the bolded. I saw your post supposedly referring to covid as a scam and I requested explanation. And of course the number of infected is far above the paltry statistics ncdc is posting, so 70 percent is not far-fetched.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
Slimpotter:

What you see is an illusion.
The US billionaires which are like less than 10% control 90% of the media in US, so all we get from their media are tailored narrative to serve both sides of the political party divides which represents these billionaires.
Far better than state-controlled repressed media. Liberal media will expose the conservatives and vice versa.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Cammo: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

In most other countries, asymptomatic and mild cases are not isolated but they are advised to self isolate. Imagine if USA had isolated the 3 million and rising confirmed cases... That wouldn't have been logistically feasible.

Besides, like half of the cases are recorded recovered.
There were also cases of people filling in fake contact addresses during testing and outright absconding from their residence after testing.
Lastly, I don't think the ncdc has the logistical resources to search and pick up all confirmed cases which are in their thousands now so they resort To mostly calling the positive cases by phone and invite them to isolation centre ( typical Nigerian won't oblige).

All these are with just a testing rate of about 0.1 percent of our population. They haven't even scratched the surface statistically.

LOL! You must be NCDC spokesperson or social media representative the way you keep trying to justify their obvious flaws and inconsistencies. I may accept the assertion that they test and advise the infected to self isolate or even invite them to isolation centres. But wouldn't it bother a sane mind that even as they do all these there's still something fishy about the death cases? It keeps rising everyday. We sometimes get as much as 20 and more Covid-19 deaths in one day. So why should we trust this one when their isolation centres are almost empty? Where do these patients die, in their homes or at the isolation centres?
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cammo:

LOL! You must be NCDC spokesperson or social media representative the way you keep trying to justify their obvious flaws and inconsistencies. I may accept the assertion that they test and advise the infected to self isolate or even invite them to isolation centres. But wouldn't it bother a sane mind that even as they do all these there's still something fishy about the death cases? It keeps rising everyday. We sometimes get as much as 20 and more Covid-19 deaths in one day. So why should we trust this one when their isolation centres are almost empty? Where do these patients die, in their homes or at the isolation centres?
Where did Abba Kyari, Dan Foster, et al die? They were in ICU wards of isolation centres. Besides almost all states i presume has an isolation centre. So, twenty deaths amounts to averagely less than one death per state per day. Not in any way spectacular, considering they've tested far less than 1 percent of the population. In other words, the real numbers are higher.
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Afolabimills(m): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
;
Hotice085:

Omo ale wey wan burst bottle de talk about phone!
U de use awof de browse come de talk nonsense, be careful or you go see any how
grin grin grin

Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Hotice085: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

I guess you're referring to another person @ the bolded. I saw your post supposedly referring to covid as a scam and I requested explanation. And of course the number of infected is far above the paltry statistics ncdc is posting, so 70 percent is not far-fetched.

My bad, got u mixed up with a punk ass dead brain.
Stay cool bro
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cosyfaith:

Ahan!, this is the height. Bros you have no brain in your skull o. Don't let anyone deceive you and tell you otherwise please. Shior!
ewedu eater
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
amakadlite:
never compare hiv to covid19. they are different infections with different modes of transmission. you can comfortably live with a hiv patient or patients with out being infected and thats not the case with covid19.
, suppose you were born during the outbreak, you will realize the fear that grip people from touching sharp objects or surface or even having sex... It was later when research have been we adapt to the new life of protecting ourselves same as malaria... But the write up isn't comparing endamic and pandemic there, it's only saying human can adapt to new ways of living life
Re: COVID-19 In Nigeria: Inside A Lagos Coronavirus Ward (Video) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
authority2006:

According to who? You? Many countries have already tested different vaccines on human beings and they are being studied. What I read from the experts is 18 months which should be around 15/16 months now. That's even for when mass production will start.
nope it's a remedy that's is gonna to be ready by then not vaccine...
Vaccine has a process it goes through... Google and study it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between The White Vitamin C Tablets And The Orange Ones? / Girl Rushed To Hospital With Iron Hook In Her Eye. Graphic Photos / Farida Sobowale 'House Of Phreeda' Attempts To Commit Suicide On Third Mainland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.