Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble (61638 Views)

Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Deji Adeyanju Petitions EFCC (Photos) / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2020
emkz:

I tire.

Some of these children think it is easy to prove an allegation against someone beyond all reasonable doubt. It is a herculean task.

An average lawyer would question the petitioner as follows:

Lawyer: You saw bullion vans driving into the respondent's house on February 22nd 2019 at 1700 hours?
Petitioner/Witness (with an air of pride that the questions would be easy): Yes!
Lawyer: Can you tell the honourable court the contents of the vans?
Petitioner/Witness: Money!
Lawyer: Can you give the court an estimate of how much money was there?
Petitioner/Witness: I don't know.
Lawyer: Fair enough. Did you see money loaded into the vans and offloaded from the vans, and if so, can you tell us the originating bank where the money emanated from?
Petitioner/Witness: That is for the EFCC to investigate....
Lawyer (cuts in sharply): ... but you made the allegation. How can you make an allegation without solid evidence? We are not aware that a bank was robbed, we are also not aware that the contents of the vans was indeed money. It could as well have been food to feed the people in his house. We can as well ask the company whose bullion vans were used to transport whatever, but what if the vans drove in empty to pick up money to take to the polling centres? Have you considered that? I think it is not enough to submit a petition accusing someone of something without in the least a pictorial evidence of the contents of the van. (Turns to the judge) I think the petitioner is looking for cheap fame and made a naive attempt to smear the image of the respondent. I pray to the honourable court that, as a deterrent to the petitioner and people like him, the petitioner pays the cost of this court sitting and aggravated damages of 1 billion naira or a jail term of 5 years in lieu of the fine.
Petitioner/Witness (in his mind): who will save me now? I have a wife and dependants, who would take care of them? Why I no just leave this matter alone when I know say I no get proof?

Bottomline: It is not enough to accuse, proof is the meat.
NL is not a courtroom unfortunately and the petitioner is not here.

Wasted effort

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by pasol4real(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2020
AlabiJ:

I hear you sir. To a set of people in Nigeria, every problem afflicting them must one way or another be traced to that Tinubu fellow. Even when they fail to impregnate their wives, Tinubu must be partly responsible for such impotence on their part. Tinubu dey live in their brains rent-free.

Then there are bloggers and journalists who see the use of his name in their headlines as their 'sure banker' meal ticket. All they have to do is fabricate some news about him (negative or positive, it doesn't matter), and food don land. So in that sense, it is fair to say that Tinubu is indirectly keeping such people employed. undecided
Sorry
I know it must be really really disheartening n painful to be a Tinubu fan right now, how much more when he is your avowed lord n master.
Servant of a thief.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by AlabiJ: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2020
pasol4real:
Honestly, It is really really disheartening n painful to be a Tinubu obsessed cyber troll right now. I am in severe pains bro.

I understand how it must feel to harbour that much hate for someone that doesn't even k ow you exist.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by j1mmy: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2020
After Abacha, the most corrupt party and government in Nigeria is APC and Buhari.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by tbtosine(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2020
Judeerons32:
They still will link Asiwaju to any news. Sometimes I wonder those who shout bullion vans if they are not mischievous or just plain stupid. If u take Asiwaju to court. Did u see the contents of the vans? Do you know how much were in the vans assuming it was money? Is there a law against banks transporting 5million in bullion vans? Assuming he says that's what it was. Really how the bullion van and Asiwaju is tied to Magu travail just bests my imagination everytime I read it. Some people just don't get tired.

Bank transport 5million in two bullion van ? Hmmmm. Continue. "A defender of bad conduct is not different from the offender" - tbtosine2020.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Tflex01: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2020
Ojiofor:

You guys are so naive,Didn't he withdraw the money from the bank,what is the job of investigators?
The source and content of the bullion van will be easily unraveled.Its no big deal if they really want to go after him.
ThiefTinübü was over confident and scored an expensive own goal.Withdrawing huge cash on the eve election to bride voters and pay thugs is a serious crime.

So the money in Bullion van was withdrawn from the counter. How sure are you that the money was from a single account

Who told you the money is from any of the commercial banks
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:20am On Jul 10, 2020
clarocuzioo:

This your response would have made sense but Tinubu put himself In a tight corner with his response then. I said it then when he made that statement "Is it your money?

That was him simply affirming that the billion van was carrying money. He could have said it is coupon or gifts or anything else but money, or he could have quietly shut up.

Tinubu wasn't smart in his response at all.
He was rattled! He knew the implication of his actions. He actually responded in a manner MC Oluomo would.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2020
wirinet:

You guys - PDP, IPOB and allies, just like to make a mountain out of a mole Hill. They are just too obsessed with Tinubu. Bullion vans deliver money to both APC and non-APC members on a daily basis. You don't think that people managing corporate accounts with billions of naira would walk into a banking hall, withdraw millions in cash, and load the cash inside their car booths. People like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Alakija, emeka ofor, etc will leave their house to go to a banking Hall when they need cash.

Delivering cash to a customer's house by a bank is not a crime. The crime would be if it can be proven that the money is proceeds from crime or the money was used for criminal activities.
You obviously are ignorant of money laundering rules.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Snails: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2020
Judeerons32:
They still will link Asiwaju to any news. Sometimes I wonder those who shout bullion vans if they are not mischievous or just plain stupid. If u take Asiwaju to court. Did u see the contents of the vans? Do you know how much were in the vans assuming it was money? Is there a law against banks transporting 5million in bullion vans? Assuming he says that's what it was. Really how the bullion van and Asiwaju is tied to Magu travail just bests my imagination everytime I read it. Some people just don't get tired.

oga relax, the money get source. they no even need tinubu to say the amount in the van.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by oludavkay: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2020
ChoCho54:
Shameless corruption supporter! Face the cabal, your nightmare.

You think we will allow 1967 coup to repeat itself, where you will kill our akintola, kill their tafawa balewa and protect your zik. It's never going to happen again, all tribes should protect their leaders regardless. We already know that there is nothing like Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by nokatakata: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2020
junketer:
yes we dey come as and very soon we go own every inch of sw. Any igbo man that decides to run for president is free to do and it's none of my business. My question to you again, wetin concern igbos for this issue wey una dey mention igbos up and down. Igbo man is not the president of nigeria nor head of efcc. Wetin concern us? The north is gradually tackling tinubu but alas, afonjas are more interested in igbos. Una dey inside water but soap dey enter una eyes. Yeye people

Wetin concern igbos with Tinubu. Erosion is killing your fathers in the cursed potopoto region but na Tinubu una carry for head. You already own 99% of properties in nigeria and Africa now? Abi you don forget grin

4 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by seunmsg(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2020
Racoon:
On the eve of a crucial election like a presidential election? What is the difference between this and vote buying?

Don’t let us mix issues up. Let’s first agree that withdrawing money using bullion van from a bank by a private citizen is not against any law. So, the call for EFCC to investigate Tinubu for money laundering or financial crime is simply pointless. At best, it is just bad politics.

If the problem is vote buying, do you have any evidence the money was used to buy votes? Can you mention one particular polling unit where the money was used to buy votes or induced voters? Can you provide the names of these voters?

If you have good answers to all the questions above, forward your petition with evidence to the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE. The police in collaboration with INEC is the appropriate body to investigate vote buying and not EFCC.

3 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2020
oludavkay:

You think we will allow 1967 coup to repeat itself, where you will kill our akintola, kill their tafawa balewa and protect your zik. It's never going to happen again, all tribes should protect their leaders regardless. We already know that there is nothing like Nigeria.
Oh! I agree with you totally.

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2020
Judeerons32:
You have said it all,Some nigerians are gullible!!!the law states that it is when your paying more than 5million,it must go through a financial institution...He might have shared 500 naira to the people,it’s his money!!!Tinubu is the most popular politician in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by iokpebholo: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2020
Eteka1:
Pls tell me, is it a crime for a successful businessman to donate money to his party and party faithfuls? Of course the money to be given out to the party faithfuls for mobilization was much so it had to be brought by the bank for security reasons.
successful business man indeed.Which money him take suddenly become a successful business man sir?If we really want to fight corruption,we must start from bourdillion sir

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2020
nokatakata:

Wetin concern igbos with Tinubu. Erosion is killing your fathers in the cursed potopoto region but na Tinubu una carry for head. You already own 99% of properties in nigeria and Africa now? Abi you don forget grin
Erosion is a natural disaster and it's not even a menace but affecting just few communities and both state and federal are finding solutions to it, so chew on that.

Tiffnubu's thievery is coming to an end. What Jonathan couldn't do, buhari, Tinubu's boy will do. grin
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Ojiofor: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2020
Tflex01:

So the money in Bullion van was withdrawn from the counter. How sure are you that the money was from a single account

Did I mention any bank name be it commercial bank or not?
All I know is that its an easy job for investigators to uncover.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by pasol4real(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2020
emkz:

I tire.

Some of these children think it is easy to prove an allegation against someone beyond all reasonable doubt. It is a herculean task.

An average lawyer would question the petitioner as follows:

Lawyer: You saw bullion vans driving into the respondent's house on February 22nd 2019 at 1700 hours?
Petitioner/Witness (with an air of pride that the questions would be easy): Yes!
Lawyer: Can you tell the honourable court the contents of the vans?
Petitioner/Witness: Money!
Lawyer: Can you give the court an estimate of how much money was there?
Petitioner/Witness: I don't know.
Lawyer: Fair enough. Did you see money loaded into the vans and offloaded from the vans, and if so, can you tell us the originating bank where the money emanated from?
Petitioner/Witness: That is for the EFCC to investigate....
Lawyer (cuts in sharply): ... but you made the allegation. How can you make an allegation without solid evidence? We are not aware that a bank was robbed, we are also not aware that the contents of the vans was indeed money. It could as well have been food to feed the people in his house. We can as well ask the company whose bullion vans were used to transport whatever, but what if the vans drove in empty to pick up money to take to the polling centres? Have you considered that? I think it is not enough to submit a petition accusing someone of something without in the least a pictorial evidence of the contents of the van. (Turns to the judge) I think the petitioner is looking for cheap fame and made a naive attempt to smear the image of the respondent. I pray to the honourable court that, as a deterrent to the petitioner and people like him, the petitioner pays the cost of this court sitting and aggravated damages of 1 billion naira or a jail term of 5 years in lieu of the fine.
Petitioner/Witness (in his mind): who will save me now? I have a wife and dependants, who would take care of them? Why I no just leave this matter alone when I know say I no get proof?

Bottomline: It is not enough to accuse, proof is the meat.
Trash
All the witness has to say is that he saw bullion vans go into Tinubu’s compound.
A different witness, probably the custodian of the source of the money will be the one to confirm the money n the amount.
You are also forgetting that this happened on the eve of an election......
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2020
Tflex01:

After his ill-fated response about not working for government, Jagaban failed to tell us what he does for a living

HushTinbu!

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2020
Benz4pimp:
You have said it all,Some nigerians are gullible!!!the law states that it is when your paying more than 5million,it must go through a financial institution...He might have shared 500 naira to the people,it’s his money!!!Tinubu is the most popular politician in Nigeria
The richest ex-governor in Africa has to be very popular.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by wirinet(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2020
majamajic:

He said if it's non APC that did that same thing on election eve, won't he be probed ?
My question , what concern SE with his questions ?

Or are u so blind to see that the North are closing in on him ? U are here calling the SE , u guys will never learn
Let me tell u the plain truth , if he didn't drop his presidential ambitions , the new efcc boss go open his book in full , that's the game , be calling the SE
They have barn calling SE because most of the people that did not let us hear word again because of "Tinubu's Billion vans" are usually from the SE, as they are sworn enemies of Tinubu.
Meanwhile, they have never complained or critiqued their own people who are also fames for spraying cash and giving out loads of money during social and political events.

Tinubu obviously withdrew his own cash from his own bank account (s) to gift his hundreds of supporters who came to his house on the eve of an election. Now, if you can make a crime out of gifts - including church donations, social donations and giving to beggars on the streets, be my guest.

Here is video of rich men from the south east giving out millions of naira (and simetimes dollars) at a single event, no one is calling for EFCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUPJh-YxI5c

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Nitah1: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2020
Originalsly:

Was it the first time people were seeing bullion vans? Bro.... you shouldn't be that simple... take things in context. If you see four men fetching big bags from your neighbour's house... stuffing them into a car 3 in the morning..... wouldn't alarm bells go off in your head?... or you would just go about your business since you don't know the contents of the bags?... and people do fetch bags out of their homes?

But the man said he's no longer in government nor received any contract from government......if you want to raise an alarm don't you think ii should be with verifiable evidence?
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by mindtricks: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2020
Corrupt Nigerian leaders doing their usual thing. Which anticorruption fight is being referred to, is it the Mago Mago they are doing with the dispensable Magu as a figure head. Mtchewww.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by mukthar2000(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2020
Judeerons32:
thank u my lovely person for open some ignorances brain with this write up, the fools should continue searching for what they can't defend. EKO OOO NI BAJE EGBON MI

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Judybash93(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2020
Flexherbal:

I am disappointed at Magu.

in
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/how-petitions-on-tinubus-bullion-vans-landed-magu-in-trouble/

This is a very poor journalism work. You did not state how Tinubu's money landed Magu in trouble. Rather, you are appealing to government to probe Tinubu over his money. Wastage of time.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by wirinet(m): 9:38am On Jul 10, 2020
ChoCho54:
After his ill-fated response about not working for government, Jagaban failed to tell us what he does for a living

HushTinbu!
He was a former accountant of Mobil
He was a 2 time governor of Lagos State. So he collects millions in gratuity monthly.
He is the owner of several big companies, ie Alpha Beta, TVC, and many others.
He owns hundreds of properties including numerous hotels.

Tinubu fever is a very serious disease. Fortunately, it's not contagious.

3 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Nitah1: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2020
ChoCho54:

HushTinbu!
He owned you no explanation for he's not an elected figure...

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Nitah1: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2020
wirinet:

He was a former accountant of Mobil
He was a 2 time governor of Lagos State. So he collects millions in gratuity monthly.
He is the owner of several big companies, ie Alpha Beta, TVC, and many others.
He owns hundreds of properties including numerous hotels.

Tinubu fever is a very serious disease. Fortunately, it's not contagious.
Thank you...most Nigerians hate good living but entertain poverty hence the need to call Tinubu names..jealousy join������
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ScoobieRogers(f): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2020
AlabiJ:

I hear you sir. To a set of people in Nigeria, every problem afflicting them must one way or another be traced to that Tinubu fellow. Even when they fail to impregnate their wives, Tinubu must be partly responsible for such impotence on their part. Tinubu dey live in their brains rent-free.

Then there are bloggers and journalists who see the use of his name in their headlines as their 'sure banker' meal ticket. All they have to do is fabricate some news about him (negative or positive, it doesn't matter), and food don land. So in that sense, it is fair to say that Tinubu is indirectly keeping such people employed. undecided

The North is fighting Tinubu and southwest but blind minds feels its the SouthEast. So long your eyes won't open the further this will go on
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Saint99: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2020
Amitex:
My prediction is that Orji Kalu ... will revenge. It is going to be a BIG REVENGE. Just wait!

Sorry, some people pushed Magu to send Orji Kalu to jail because of their 2023 presidential ambition. Since the man came out of prison, whether by hook or crook means, all those behind his incarceration are in TROUBLE. Kanu is highly connected. Have you noticed that his home has become political "mecca" of recent?

Orji Uzo Kalu may be corrupt like every other Politician, He is progressive to the core, any marriage between him and Democrat will always end in bitter divorce.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Onemanonevote: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2020
[quote author=Judeerons32 post=91561155]They still will link Asiwaju to any news. Sometimes I wonder those who shout bullion vans if they are not mischievous or just plain stupid. If u take Asiwaju to court. Did u see the contents of the vans? Do you know how much were in the vans assuming it was money? Is there a law against banks transporting 5million in bullion vans? Assuming he says that's what it was. Really how the bullion van and Asiwaju is tied to Magu travail just bests my imagination everytime I read it. Some people just don't get tired.

Online judge on the loose and showcasing his ignorant of the law as usual. Do think that the investigation will end with the bullion van.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) / Peter Obi Is The Reason Why Niger Is Mocking Nigeria / Buhari And Osinbajo Spotted On Their First Day In Office In Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.