Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble (61676 Views)

Court Orders Service Of Petitions On Tinubu Through APC / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Deji Adeyanju Petitions EFCC (Photos) / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by loyedammy: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2020
Judeerons32:
They still will link Asiwaju to any news. Sometimes I wonder those who shout bullion vans if they are not mischievous or just plain stupid. If u take Asiwaju to court. Did u see the contents of the vans? Do you know how much were in the vans assuming it was money? Is there a law against banks transporting 5million in bullion vans? Assuming he says that's what it was. Really how the bullion van and Asiwaju is tied to Magu travail just bests my imagination everytime I read it. Some people just don't get tired.

I'm not about tinubu or ApC ooo..... But there is a law that says an individual cannot withdraw more than a certain number per day if the number is higher, then it has to be done tru electronic. So tell me is ashiwaju not a Nigerian? Is it not valid dat a corruption agency must investigate the source of that money?

Please be patriotic and not a fan boy of political party

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by MrTed(m): 10:36am On Jul 10, 2020
BESIDES WHEN YOU PUT TOGETHER WHAT HE EARNS AS PENSION LEGALLY FROM LAGOS STATE ANNUALLY, COMBINED WITH WHAT HIS WIFE WHO IS A SITTING AND SERVING SENATOR EARNS MONTHLY AND ANNUALLY(LEGALLY) ..... IT WILL BE WELL OVER 200 MILLION AND THAT CAN COMFORTABLY FILL OVER 5 BULLION VANS..... MY HONEST OPINION IS THAT THE CASE HOLDS NO WATER... IT'S NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE OR REASON TO WRITE A PETITION
emkz:

I tire.

Some of these children think it is easy to prove an allegation against someone beyond all reasonable doubt. It is a herculean task.

An average lawyer would question the petitioner as follows:

Lawyer: You saw bullion vans driving into the respondent's house on February 22nd 2019 at 1700 hours?
Petitioner/Witness (with an air of pride that the questions would be easy): Yes!
Lawyer: Can you tell the honourable court the contents of the vans?
Petitioner/Witness: Money!
Lawyer: Can you give the court an estimate of how much money was there?
Petitioner/Witness: I don't know.
Lawyer: Fair enough. Did you see money loaded into the vans and offloaded from the vans, and if so, can you tell us the originating bank where the money emanated from?
Petitioner/Witness: That is for the EFCC to investigate....
Lawyer (cuts in sharply): ... but you made the allegation. How can you make an allegation without solid evidence? We are not aware that a bank was robbed, we are also not aware that the contents of the vans was indeed money. It could as well have been food to feed the people in his house. We can as well ask the company whose bullion vans were used to transport whatever, but what if the vans drove in empty to pick up money to take to the polling centres? Have you considered that? I think it is not enough to submit a petition accusing someone of something without in the least a pictorial evidence of the contents of the van. (Turns to the judge) I think the petitioner is looking for cheap fame and made a naive attempt to smear the image of the respondent. I pray to the honourable court that, as a deterrent to the petitioner and people like him, the petitioner pays the cost of this court sitting and aggravated damages of 1 billion naira or a jail term of 5 years in lieu of the fine.
Petitioner/Witness (in his mind): who will save me now? I have a wife and dependants, who would take care of them? Why I no just leave this matter alone when I know say I no get proof?

Bottomline: It is not enough to accuse, proof is the meat.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Tflex01: 10:37am On Jul 10, 2020
olisaEze:
Naija we funny sha!

So if Tinubu is investigated and incarcerated will Nigeria somehow become corruption free?

The most amusing thing there is even if that happens now, the same people calling for his head like they’re all related to king Herod’s daughter will turn around to accuse PMB for being ungrateful to those that helped him become President!

Lol... You said it all. grin

They are just so desperate to prove the "used and dumped" theory. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Charly68: 10:39am On Jul 10, 2020
Useless write up
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Charly68: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2020
Useless write up ..Professor Sam Aluko of blessed memory wrote in the days of Buhari military regime "in the political and economic engineering of any nation ,there are people that matters ,although faceless advisers may forget this,but the leader who bears the responsibility of the consequence of his action must never do.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by SirMichael1: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2020
emkz:

I tire.

Some of these children think it is easy to prove an allegation against someone beyond all reasonable doubt. It is a herculean task.

Lawyer: You saw bullion vans driving into the respondent's house on February 22nd 2019 at 1700 hours?
Petitioner/Witness (with an air of pride that the questions would be easy): Yes!
Lawyer: Fair enough. Did you see money loaded into the vans and offloaded from the vans, and if so, can you tell us the originating bank where the money emanated from?
Lawyer (cuts in sharply): ... but you made the allegation. How can you make an allegation without solid evidence? We are not aware that a bank was robbed, we are also not aware that the contents of the vans was indeed money. It could as well have been food to feed the people in his house. We can as well ask the company whose bullion vans were used to transport whatever, but what if the vans drove in empty to pick up money to take to the polling centres? Have you considered that? I think it is not enough to submit a petition accusing someone of something without in the least a pictorial evidence of the contents of the van. (Turns to the judge) I think the petitioner is looking for cheap fame and made a naive attempt to smear the image of the respondent. I pray to the honourable court that, as a deterrent to the petitioner and people like him, the petitioner pays the cost of this court sitting and aggravated damages of 1 billion naira or a jail term of 5 years in lieu of the fine.
Petitioner/Witness (in his mind): who will save me now? I have a wife and dependants, who would take care of them? Why I no just leave this matter alone when I know say I no get proof?

You think those people who write pettitions do not have proofs? Only a stupid person writes petitions without having solid proofs.

Besides, those bullion vans didn't just fly from no where into his gates, they were last seen somewhere. Seen on the express by passerbys, seen enroute to his house by witnesses, seen at takeoff from a destination. There must be something and it is therefore the efcc's job to probe and follow the trails.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by DammyGbade(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2020
Na dem dem... The case just have a good start... Believe me it won't have an end... Dem go dabaru everything, since their god father is involved
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by SirMichael1: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2020
MrTed:
BESIDES WHEN YOU PUT TOGETHER WHAT HE EARNS AS PENSION LEGALLY FROM LAGOS STATE ANNUALLY, COMBINED WITH WHAT HIS WIFE WHO IS A SITTING AND SERVING SENATOR EARNS MONTHLY AND ANNUALLY(LEGALLY) ..... IT WILL BE WELL OVER 200 MILLION AND THAT CAN COMFORTABLY FILL OVER 5 BULLION VANS..... MY HONEST OPINION IS THAT THE CASE HOLDS NO WATER... IT'S NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE OR REASON TO WRITE A PETITION
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy but why are you this savage?

But really, are you trying to be sarcastic or you really meant it?
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Tflex01: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2020
pasol4real:
What’s this one saying ? Igbos already own Lagos. What useless 10% are u referring to
"Igbos own Lagos"
"Tinubu own Lagos"
Which one should we believe
grin

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2020
majamajic:

He said if it's non APC that did that same thing on election eve, won't he be probed ?
My question , what concern SE with his questions ?

Or are u so blind to see that the North are closing in on him ? U are here calling the SE , u guys will never learn
Let me tell u the plain truth , if he didn't drop his presidential ambitions , the new efcc boss go open his book in full , that's the game , be calling the SE

You guys claim he can’t win. Now you want him to drop his ambition. Why not allow him to contest and defeat him instead? Why the fear?

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by GeneralPula: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2020
oludavkay:
The igbos know as long as tinubu is alive and politically active, they don't have any chance in Lagos, but sincerely they want to get their share even if it is 10%. Unfortunately his successor will be brutal and domineering that they will prefer tinubu's leadership.

Honestly..Shebi Tinubu is still working with Igbos, he has Igbos Allies..

The next Jagaban may not even work with them at all.

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by WikiGuru: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2020
emkz:

I tire.

My first ever comment on Nairaland!

1. Those Vans are registered to a company

2. The company is most likely (80% certain) registered with the necessary agencies; CBN, Corporate Affairs Commission, Credit Bureau, etc.

3. The Vans were driven by humans.

3. Those humans know where they took the money from.

4. People loaded the money with a MANIFEST, which most likely (90% certain) contains the actual amount, origin and final destination.

Finally,
5. Ever heard the word Subpoena?

The prosecuting council just has to subpoena the drivers of the Vans, who will under oath, give the name of the company contracted. The company gives the name of the bank, the bank produces the manifest, which will reveal the content and exact figure in those Vans.

Please note that, it is not a crime to move any amount of money around, so long as you are within the country. Again, you can have as much cash as possible in your home, no offence at all!

But,

Making or accepting cash payment exceeding 5million is a criminal offence if it is not done through a financial institution. See section 1 of the Money Laundering Act and the case of *ATOYEBI v. FRN (2017) LPELR-43831(SC)*

So, from the manifest, the actual amount in both Vans will definitely be revealed and if it is believed to be cash payments for anything at all, and it is above 5million, that is when the problem may arise.

Please don't attack me, I'm just a Wikipedia Editor who has vast knowledge in legal matters, emanating from my exposure to Articles on Wikipedia.

Thanks,
© WikiGuru.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2020
sheyishemba:

All the newspaper you've written here is all baseless
The bullion van was from the CBN ,CBN has acess to two things one is money and other is election materials moreover why will foods be loaded in a bullion van not truck?? You guys should think

If it’s truly from the cbn then it’s from FG. Then buhari will be indicted.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Nwaonyishi69: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2020
You be thief?
He says he no be thief
You used bullion van
He says e no be crime

They ask am 'Afonja, you want be president'?
He says yes
They ask am you no fear?
He say why

They ask am you no remember history
He says which history
They remind him of Ilorin, Awo, Akintola, Abuioa...
He says why the insult

Because, every man can see ahead only from the much he sees from behind
He starts calling lawyers, press men columnists and paid civil rights activists
But, many in fears, remind him he was warned from day one
Shall this spell the end of ostrich wisdom?
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2020
ogaemma:

Thank you my brother.
I think they want to make Tinubu drops his 2023 ambition.
Fear the North they understand politics more than us.

Why would they want him to drop his ambition when they can defeat him at the polls. This your inferiority complex should not be inherited by your children.

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:14am On Jul 10, 2020
junketer:
the north is busy closing in on tinubu but your problem is igbo this igbo that. What concerns igbos with this? Keep shouting igbos while the north continues to quench any presidential ambition tinubu might be harbouring for 2023.

Nothing concerns the north with Tinubu. I understand your inferiority complex. It’s inherited from your parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Barestic(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2020
I didn't say anything oooo

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2020
Racoon:
On the eve of a crucial election like a presidential election? What is the difference between this and vote buying?

Was he contesting any election in 2019 or you are plain stupid?

3 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by GeneralPula: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2020
Conveying Legal money with Bullion Van isn't a crime, so I don't get the fuse about this..

I've seen Bullion vans delivering money before..

He hasn't committed a crime if they funds are Legal!

2 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2020
junketer:
it's like you guys think tinubu is above mistake. Remember his "where are the cows" comment? Your lord tinubu is not above mistakes.
What mistake was in that statement? Where are the cows?

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2020
nokatakata:

keep dreaming about Tinubu while erosion sends you biafra.uds into extinction. Tinubu is enjoying his life in Lagos and i understand it hurts ipob animals so much. tell ohamadike, obiano and obituary to save your lineage from being wiped out by erosion. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Skull minners would have to finish decapitating all Yoruba mooslims before what you wish me can happen. grin

Elepokan omo Iyadagbe! grin

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by wirinet(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2020
ChoCho54:
You obviously are ignorant of money laundering rules.
Abeg educate me.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Correcto: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2020
Problem of South. The North is trying to destroy Tinubu, you are blaming the Ibos. How do you think? or you just have hatred for them?
oludavkay:
The igbos know as long as tinubu is alive and politically active, they don't have any chance in Lagos, but sincerely they want to get their share even if it is 10%. Unfortunately his successor will be brutal and domineering that they will prefer tinubu's leadership.
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by WikiGuru: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2020
Tflex01:

So the money in Bullion van was withdrawn from the counter. How sure are you that the money was from a single account

Who told you the money is from any of the commercial banks

1. Those Vans are registered to a company

2. The company is most likely (80% certain) registered with the necessary agencies; CBN, Corporate Affairs Commission, Credit Bureau, etc.

3. The Vans were driven by humans.

3. Those humans know where they took the money from.

4. People loaded the money with a MANIFEST, which most likely (90% certain) contains the actual amount, origin and final destination.

Finally,
5. Ever heard the word Subpoena?

The prosecuting council just has to subpoena the drivers of the Vans, who will under oath, give the name of the company contracted. The company gives the name of the bank, the bank produces the manifest, which will reveal the content and exact figure in those Vans.

Please note that, it is not a crime to move any amount of money around, so long as you are within the country. Again, you can have as much cash as possible in your home, no offence at all!

But,

Making or accepting cash payment exceeding 5million is a criminal offence if it is not done through a financial institution. See section 1 of the Money Laundering Act and the case of *ATOYEBI v. FRN (2017) LPELR-43831(SC)*

So, from the manifest, the actual amount in both Vans will definitely be revealed and if it is believed to be cash payments for anything at all, and it is above 5million, that is when the problem may arise.

Please don't attack me, I'm just a Wikipedia Editor who has vast knowledge in legal matters, emanating from my exposure to Articles on Wikipedia.

Thanks,
© WikiGuru.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Dapson73(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2020
As 2023 draw close, Tinubu needs little campaign to clinch Abuja seat of power, if He's so desired.

He hasn't declared his 2023 ambition and on daily basis, news keep filtering in about his political rivals or enemy to jeopardize the undeclared dream.

I wonder what will happen when if he finally comes out publicly about his mind towards 2023.

As at today, Asiwaju is the most popular politician in Africa. The political guru himself keep strategizing while haters keep wailing on social media.

3 Likes

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by ChoCho54(f): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2020
wirinet:

He was a former accountant of Mobil
He was a 2 time governor of Lagos State. So he collects millions in gratuity monthly.
He is the owner of several big companies, ie Alpha Beta, TVC, and many others.
He owns hundreds of properties including numerous hotels.

Tinubu fever is a very serious disease. Fortunately, it's not contagious.
Hahahaha grin
Jazz for Mass hypnotism really works!

Just pray the cabal has a rethink, else even you could be called to defend the source of all those wealth you listed.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by wirinet(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2020
Benz4pimp:
You have said it all,Some nigerians are gullible!!!the law states that it is when your paying more than 5million,it must go through a financial institution... He might have shared 500 naira to the people,it’s his money!!!Tinubu is the most popular politician in Nigeria

Exactly, do they have any evidence Tinubu flouted the money laundering act? Do they have any evidence Tinubu paid anyone more than N5 million without going through the financial system? If Tinubu decides to gift N100,000 of his own money to 300 people, what's the business of busy bodies?
Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2020
ScoobieRogers:

The North is fighting Tinubu and southwest but blind minds feels its the SouthEast. So long your eyes won't open the further this will go on

Allow the north to come out and fight. Are you igbos their slaves they send? Allow them to face us headlong.

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by wirinet(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2020
ChoCho54:
Hahahaha grin
Jazz for Mass hypnotism really works!

Just pray the cabal has a rethink, else even you could be called to defend the source of all those wealth you listed.

Hatred really wears down the brain.

You asked a question, I provided answers, and now you are now asking me to provide the source of the wealth I listed. What do you want me to list - the list of all his salaries as mobil accountant or the list of all his salaries and entitlement as governor or ex governor? What of alpha beta, a company that at one time was collecting close to 10% of Lagos revenue as tax collection consultant for Lagos State?

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2020
hush15:

You absolutely right. Its just a method of commanding him to line up as a soldier and void any funny ideas against his ambitions and reactions to the future changes that will be happening within the APC. They will so belittle, blackmail and oppress him that he will not be able to leave the party but he will wish he never joined. He is in for turbulent times.

How the mighty have fallen but they say the man na political genius. I will be interested in how he genius himself out of the dilemma.

Igbo man with space inferiority complex. Use this your analytical skills to analyze why your region is a desert where your people run away from.

You claim Tinubu can’t win and you also fear him contesting. It’s sucks to be igbos. Losers!

1 Like

Re: How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble by Perkins2018: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2020
malele:
Tinubu is not a smart man

But you will agree he’s smarter than your father.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Confers National Award On Osimhen, Davido, Uzodinma, 336 Others / Soludo's Wife, Nonye's Weight Loss Transformation Photos / Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.