Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead (37871 Views)

Evangelist Morris Cerullo's Last Moments With Oyedepo, Chris Oyakhilome, Enenche / Pastor Oritsejafor Asks Members To Pay $5,000 For Mantle In Morris Cerullo Churc / Illuminati Killed Ebony Reigns - Evangelist Emmanuel Addai Reveals (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Testimony1988(m): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I hope he was born again though and did works of righteousness in obedience to God undecided
Sure from the testimonies above.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Testimony1988(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
He has gone to be with the Lord.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
Aaronbee7:
Oh what a loss to the body of Christ globally!
Dr. Morris Cerullo was a great evangelist who never retired even at old age. He was in Nigeria in 2018 and I was greatly blessed by his ministration. I remember he made a great prophecy concerning Nigeria and we look forward to its manifestation. Rest in peace Papa.
pls what was the prophecy
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Testimony1988:
Sure from the testimonies above.
Testimonies is how you decide if a person was born again and if he lived a righteous life?
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by MightySparrow: 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I hope he was born again though and did works of righteousness in obedience to God undecided
He was what a christian should be. one of the few who left judaism, faced persecution and sufferings for Christ.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Emmyson99(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Rest in peace God's general

1 Like

Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
MightySparrow:
He was what a christian should be. one of the few who left judaism, faced persecution and sufferings for Christ.
According to Jesus Christ, His followers should be like Him, Jesus Christ lipsrsealed

I hope he was born again though and did works of righteousness in obedience to God
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Testimony1988(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Testimonies is how you decide if a person was born again and if he lived a righteous life?
Yes.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
Testimony1988:
Yes.
Jesus had the following to say of your assessment method.

Matthew 7 vs 21-23

21. “Not everyone who says to Me, (B)‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who (C)does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we (D)not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And (E)then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; (F)depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Be careful!
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Tabletuner(m): 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Be careful!

Na waooooo
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by sigiyaya(m): 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
Wow! Wonderful! Glory! Glory! Glory!

Finally, the tireless Servant of God has Gone Home!

Even at His Old age, he was touring Nations and Continents Preaching The Gospel of Wonderful JESUS!

Wonderful! Wonderful!

This is a Beautiful , Wonderful and Glorious Death!

I Can't wait to be in Heaven! The World and Everything here Makes me sick!

I Can't Wait to be Taken away!

I Can't wait to Join the Choir in Heaven to sing

Hooooooooly! Holy! Are u Lord God, ALMIGHTY!
Worthy is The Lamb!!

If you Lose All on Earth! Don't Lose JESUS!! Don't Lose Heaven!!

Your stup!d!ty is factory fitted. You have been brainwash beyond any redemption, Your type is burden to the society and the world in general. You came to this world only to consume and not to contribute, now you are waiting to die and join a choir in your fantasy and phantom heaven. Bro, think if every one is like you we might not have mobile phone not to talk of the internet for you to be typing and posting rubbish on Nairaland. This is what the slave masters told you to wait till you die to enjoy heaven built with gold and diamond. Do you know that the people that brought Jesus Christ for you spent over 400 years in your land, stealing, looting your resources, enslaving and killing your fathers and your mothers just to build their heaven here on earth for them self and their generation yet unborn to enjoy while you where told to close your eyes and pray to one Jesus. Like Prophet Bob Marley sang "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but our self can free our minds" I dont expect you to see the light but i hope you do.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by mark2sunny(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
If you miss heaven you’ll cry

Give your life to Jesus

1 Like

Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by earnit3: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Life
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by robosky02(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ohhhhhhhh
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Crownedjon:
Rest in peace Sir

RIP HE DIED AT 89 YEARS OLD. WHICH IS RIPE IN MY OPINION.

HERE IN NIGERIA AT THAT AGE POLITICIANS ARE STILL BUSY LOOTING THE NATIONS TREASURY
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by mutvy: 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
Righteousness89:

Even at His Old age, he was touring Nations and Continents Preaching The Gospel of Wonderful JESUS!

Wonderful! Wonderful!

Worthy is The Lamb!!

There is no place in the Bible where Jesus called himself God so why are African calling him God?
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Emmagggg: 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
See you on the other side by the Grace of God.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by wisdomkid: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
xukwaa:
All this news for 88 years old man?
Because he impacts lives for decades. How will yours be when you die?

You should think along this line too. Don't die a "nobody".

1 Like

Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Jochabed(f): 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Rip Sir. You were an ICON.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Damseldammie(f): 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
RIP
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by MAYOWAAK: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
From Wikipedia:

Cerullo is considered by some critics to be controversial, with concerns having been raised about his financial practices. He was indicted for income tax evasion in California. Those charges were dismissed by the court. [14][15]

As a Christian of Jewish origin, he has carried a few evangelistic campaigns targeted at the Jewish community, drawing some condemnation from anti-missionary organizations and claims of deceptive practices.[16][17][18]

While no charges were brought against Cerullo's ministry, Cerullo was found to have underrepresented his income for 1998 through 2000. However, on August 8, 2007, the US District Court, Southern District of California ordered that the indictment be dismissed as a consequence of the prosecutor's inaccurate explanation of the Duberstein test to the jury. An extract from the ruling was published on Cerullo's website.[19]
United Kingdom

Cerullo's activities in the United Kingdom have attracted considerable critical attention, particularly during the early 1990s.

In 1991, British authorities suspended the license of a satellite station for broadcasting the program, Victory with Morris Cerullo. The license was reinstated after the station agreed to precede the program with the disclaimer, "Morris Cerullo World Evangelism cannot substantiate the claims made by those participants featured in this programme," and advising all persons suffering from illness to seek medical attention.[20][21]

Following Cerullo's Mission at Earl's Court London in 1992, a documentary on the BBC, Newsround, reported that a lady called Audrey Reynolds stopped taking medication for epilepsy (although she was never instructed or advised to do so by the ministry)[citation needed] after she believed herself to have been healed during Cerullo's rally. She subsequently died following a seizure in her bath. The story was also reported in a Christian newspaper.[22][23] Another report from this crusade claimed that Cerullo pronounced a four-year-old cancer sufferer to be free from the disease, yet she died from it just two months later.[24][25]

The 1992 London Mission was also attended by a John Culley and his wife Rita and children from Biggin Hill.[26] Culley stated that he had been healed from a condition that had him wheelchair-bound at a Morris Cerullo Mission eleven years previously, also in London.[27] Following this, Culley began practicing lengthy abstinences, limiting his daily nutritional intake to a glass of orange juice and a small morsel of unleavened bread, prepared according to a formula in the Hebrew Bible.[28] Culley recorded his experiences in a diary which he demonstrated by the laying on of hands and by manifestations of the Holy Spirit.[29] In 2002, Culley moved to Cornwall with his wife.[30]

Cerullo has claimed that giving money to send evangelistic booklets to Jewish people would result in family members becoming Christians. Chris Wright, principal of All Nations Christian College, denounced Cerullo's methods as "spiritually perverted and pastorally disastrous". The Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks was quoted as being "deeply distressed by missionary tactics specifically targeted against Jews".[31]

Subsequently, Cerullo was challenged on British television to produce his three best examples of claimed miraculous healing for scrutiny by a panel of doctors. Their final report was "there is no evidence that anything has occurred that is outside the realm of normal clinical experience".[32]

In 1996 the Evangelical Alliance considered, but decided against, ejecting Cerullo after the Advertising Standards Authority upheld four complaints against him relating to his claims of being able to offer miraculous healing to the disabled.[33] Cerullo later resigned from the alliance.[34] Following Cerullo's resignation, Britain's then-largest church, Kensington Temple, also left the Alliance in protest.[35][36]

In 1999, the Christian Channel, a UK cable channel, broadcast an advertisement for one of Cerullo's European rallies which claimed that "Satanic hordes" had "occupied the principal palaces of power." As a result, the channel was fined £20,000 for breaching advertising codes requiring political impartiality, for denigrating other religious beliefs, for potentially frightening viewers, and for making statements prejudicial of "respect for human dignity".[37]
India

Cerullo was expelled from India in 1992 after disturbances erupted at one of his rallies. The Times of India on 17 October 1992 reported, "A so-called miracle healer, Morris Cerullo, who prefers to call himself a man of God, was declared 'persona non-grata' and bundled out of the country by Calcutta police this morning after mass healing services on Park Circus Maidan yesterday evening turned into a fiasco when members of the crowd stormed the dais challenging the efficacy of his healing power".[citation needed]
Brazil

In 2009, Cerullo invited to be the guest in the television show in Brazil. During the interview, he introduced his special financial healing to the televiewers. He asked for 900 Brazilian Rials in order to avail this ‘God’s life-time annointment’.[38]
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Testimony1988(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Be careful!
I understand your point, if he really preached holiness and he stood by it, then no cause for alarm, he's with the Lord, just like late Evangelist Bonke.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Testimony1988:
I understand your point, if he really preached holiness and he stood by it, then no cause for alarm, he's with the Lord, just like late Evangelist Bonke.
i don't vouch for any man
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Testimony1988(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
i don't vouch for any man
We have holiness preachers but they are few.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Testimony1988:
We have holiness preachers but they are few.
holiness? Do you know what holiness means though? undecided

Do you know what Jesus Christ meant when He commanded "be ye perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect"? undecided

I would rather vouch for no man and wait for Christ to reveal who is His, to me. Only He knows
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Testimony1988(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
holiness? Do you know what holiness means though? undecided

Do you know what Jesus Christ meant when He commanded "be ye perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect"? undecided

I would rather vouch for no man and wait for Christ to reveal who is His, to me. Only He knows
Okay, you can know if a pastor is holy by his conduct.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by cho25bc(f): 1:54am On Jul 12, 2020
Righteousness89:

Wonderful! Wonderful!

Worthy is The Lamb!!

What gives you the assurance that you will make heaven singing with the angels? A true soldier of God who bears righteousness as a name shouldnt be begging God to take him away from this earth. Such a self-acclaimed soldier is lazy and a coward. You should be eager.to stay here long enough to convert all sinners to God's kingdom. Ive been suspecting that you are not as righteous as you claim. You are just here chasing attention. Tell me if you have not been fornicating since you started this your movement.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by InvertedHammer: 1:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Aaronbee7:

That was in 2018. He also came to (Christ Embassy) Lagos after his visit to Dunamis in Abuja. Truly, he knew his time was near.
/
Dunamis? Christ Embassy?

There is no way anyone associated with any of these churches will make heaven.

If only Hushpuppi knew, he should have started a church. He does not need to associate with hackers to make money, the victims would gleefully wire to his account and shout "praise the Lord" join. grin

/
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Anthrophile(m): 2:08am On Jul 12, 2020
Rest in peace sir. Your legacy lives on.
Re: American Evangelist, Morris Cerullo, Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Testimony1988:
Okay, you can know if a pastor is holy by his conduct.
no you CANNOT, not according to Jesus Christ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastors Deny Their Ministry And Members To Evade Arrest In FCT / Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.