Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

My Review Of My Transmission Hours By GEJ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Review Of My Transmission Hours By GEJ (304 Views)

Review Of The African Prose Text Redemption Road By Elma Shaw / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / ​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Review Of My Transmission Hours By GEJ by Raustin(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2020
I've read my transmission hours by GEJ

Firstly ,The book looks like the Handiwork of Reno Omokri. It seems Reno Ghostwrote the book
Anyways, the book throws a cast on the personality of Goodluck Jonathan. He is the sort of person who doesn't look for trouble or even know how to handle it. This is sad because Nigerians are by default troublesome persons. It takes a stubborn and arrogant person (with good intentions) to make any good changes in Nigeria. The Obasanjo administration might be seen as high handed but that's the only type of leadership Nigerians obey.

GEJ's transition hours shows a President who wasn't in charge at all. His book and insight of other similar memoirs from Previous Nigerian Government officials shows that office of the President is an uneasy sit plagued by interests as varied as the many ethnic groups in Nigeria. Whatever you do will be seen as unfair in at least 250 different ways.

His Soft Personality made it easy for those under him to perpetuate all kinds of evil.

Of course due to his laid back personality, he was prone to making rash decisions to assert his authority. Two important events come to mind :

(1)The ill timed January 1st 2013 announcement of fuel subsidy removal. According to members of his cabinet, this subsidy removal was not due in about 5 months. Sensitisation had already started in the previous year with positive feedback, and needed to be done in the six geopolitical zones. GEJ, in an attempt to establish his authority over the Petroleum Price and Regulatory Authority went ahead of himself and of course it blew up in his face.

(2) The ill fated sack of Sanusi as CBN Governor.

Although Sanusi was already under investigations, he hadn't been indicted yet. It was within this period that Sanusi accused GEJ 's government of corruption to the tune of $50M.
Sanusi accusations were damaging no doubt. But sacking Sanusi even worsened GEJ's public image. Many people now thought there was some truth in what Sanusi said.

His leadership style is a passive type. The few times he tried to take the reigns, it backfired.

GEJ's biggest achievement is due to his laid back nature. That's the main reason he conceded to Buhari even before the polls were completely collated.

This singular action made Nigerians almost forgive him for his failures.

He also admits this as his greatest legacy.

My personal take from this is that it is difficult for anyone to be a good President in Nigeria.

Indeed uneasy lies the head that bears the crown

(1) (Reply)

Writing Gig For Creative Writer Available / Recommended: The Lean Start Up By Eric Ries / Unexpected Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.