Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) (70061 Views)

Man Set His 40-Year-Old Facebook Lover Ablaze In Ogun / US Forces Rescue American Citizen Kidnapped In Nigeria, Kill 6 Of The 7 Captors / Bayelsa: Police Parade 14-Year-Old Girl Who Left Home To Be With Facebook Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Burgerlomo: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Afonja again undecided

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by morris477(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
He uses jazz for the woman

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Chidonc(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
kingthreat:
I feel it is high time the business of private investigation opens up fully in Nigeria. Imagine opening a private investigation company that does background search on so called lovers, business partners and other people foreigners will like to see in Nigeria. This will be a great business idea, and will save a lot of scams in return. Can this be feasible? Just an idea though.
I have the same thing on mind.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Pappyjulie196(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
They shouldn't jugde his case on time..he needs to put in remind.
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Mayng01(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Lol! He is already implicating malami o

kunkelhanspeter:

Yes once Magu bring out all the money he looted
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by ikorodureporta: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
Not single integrity again.. Despite all d noise about fraud, people still dey trust people. . smh
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by guru90: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
Ibos and Yorubas are Fraudsters

Since u wanna explain to us.

Hausa people are what?
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Snakedoctor1: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
dre11:
Police rescue American ‘detained for a year after visiting Facebook lover’ in Lagos

https://www.thecable.ng/police-rescue-american-detained-for-a-year-after-visiting-facebook-lover-in-lagos
I'm I the only person noting that something is not adding up in this story?
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by MrBen619(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Igbo and Yoruba people, always in the news with their scam.
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
kestolove95:
Pls what's the name of the guy ND his state of origin? I want to check something

He's mustapha from Kaduna,
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by krushdripper(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
izzou:
sad

This country cannot be redeemed....We are now known as the heartbeat of fraud

Gambling and Fraud has increased tremendously over the past few years. No wonder importation of cars, Hotel business and Bet9ja shops are everywhere....Very sad

Even our Anticorruption boss is being probed for corruption...This country is a disgrace.

I wonder how the next 50 years will look like
Real serious matters bros..
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by onome2013: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Useless man
You are blocking legitimate people

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by onome2013: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
Very useless man

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by akigbemaru: 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
dre11:
Police rescue American ‘detained for a year after visiting Facebook lover’ in Lagos

https://www.thecable.ng/police-rescue-american-detained-for-a-year-after-visiting-facebook-lover-in-lagos
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by ogbonti: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
kingthreat:
I feel it is high time the business of private investigation opens up fully in Nigeria. Imagine opening a private investigation company that does background search on so called lovers, business partners and other people foreigners will like to see in Nigeria. This will be a great business idea, and will save a lot of scams in return. Can this be feasible? Just an idea though.

private investigators rely on database integrity to carry out their research - Nigeria has no centralized database, talk less of integrity of the non existent centralized database - we just have BVN and voters card and that is insufficient - This is the very reason the US Embassy decided to stop issuing immigrant visas to Nigerians, and instead of our government and people trying to seek solution on how to create a central database, we are either trying to pray away our problems or calling the US names and insulting Americans online - EVERY COUNTRY THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW HAS A CENTRAL DATABASE OF HER CITIZENS - even this covid-19 palliatives that didn't get to Nigerians is because nothing can be tracked when disbursed. It is easier for the government to say they provided 700 billion naira to Nigerians as palliatives - HOW CAN YOU ASCERTAIN THAT CLAIM WHEN THERE IS NO CENTRAL DATABASE TO VERIFY WHO GOT WHAT - WHEN and HOW?

WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE AS A COUNTRY - and until Nigeria creates a central database to identify everyone in a heart beat, this country can not move forward

This is why there is fraud everywhere - and convicted criminals can seat at the Senate making laws for the country - all because here is no database to fish out people with criminal past. FOR SOME WEIRD REASONS - I believe a vast majority of Nigerians want it to remain this way - so they can hide their iniquities - what do I know ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by omoharry(f): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
semyman:
Igbos just want to destroy Nigeria before they realize this their Biafra
The Igbos' and Yorubas' top the list .I wish the rest of Nigerians could disowned these two greedy tribes that have continued to embarrass us.
They both encouraged thier yahoo friends and hail them for thier success in thier various fraudulent activities and call it hustle .
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by kingthreat(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
ogbonti:

private investigators rely on database integrity to carry out their research - Nigeria has no centralized database, talk less of integrity of the non existent centralized database - we just have BVN and voters card and that is insufficient - This is the very reason the US Embassy decided to stop issuing immigrant visas to Nigerians, and instead of our government and people trying to seek solution on how to create a central database, we are either trying to pray away our problems or calling the US names and insulting Americans online - EVERY COUNTRY THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW HAS A CENTRAL DATABASE OF HER CITIZENS - even this covid-19 palliatives that didn't get to Nigerians is because nothing can be tracked when disbursed. It is easier for the government to say they provided 700 billion naira to Nigerians as palliatives - HOW CAN YOU VERY THAT CLAIM WHEN THERE IS NO CENTRAL DATABASE TO VERIFY WHO GOT WHAT - WHEN and HOW?

WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE AS A COUNTRY - and until Nigeria creates a central database to identify everyone in a heart beat, this country can not move forward

This is why there is fraud everywhere - and convicted criminals can seat at the Senate making laws for the country - all because here is no database to fish out people with criminal past. FOR SOME WEIRD REASONS - I believe a vast majority of Nigerians want it to remain this way - so they can hide their iniquities - what do I know grin

You're right. Nigeria has no central database.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by omoharry(f): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
kingthreat:
Oga this a fantastic business idea that need proper legislation.Abi ? You will get a lot of patronage from people outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
guru90:

Hausa people are what?
Boko. U know the rest
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
what's a bloody old woman travelling 1000s of miles from the US to america to meet a stranger in a foreign land for?
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by omoharry(f): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
Nwaonyishi69:
I would rather ask the police to be arresting and prosecuting these old frustrated women who come to Nigeria to useless our sons. What nonsense is a retired woman doing with a 34 year old boy? And when she is now broke to pay for his services, the police turn against the boy. When Naomi was here to Bleep out money from our men, who arrested her?
What kind of Weed did you smoke for you to spill out this rubbish ?abi You are just looking for attention .yeye
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by omoharry(f): 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... woman retired....old enough to be his mother. We.shouldn't forget that the Police was tipped by a Nigerian. I wouldn't be surprised if the US request his extradition.... if so ... he is finished
They cannot extradite him .The crime was commited in Nigeria, so he will be persecuted here .However if he had commited the crime in the U.S and ran to Nigeria to avoid persecution,that is when he can be extradited on request by U.S authority.Hope you understand?

2 Likes

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by kingthreat(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
omoharry:
Oga this a fantastic business idea that need proper legislation.Abi ? You will get a lot of patronage from people outside Nigeria.

And even people within Nigeria that may be out of reach. I.e you are doing business with a farmer in Auchi but you are based in Lagos. The company can go to Auchi, do some coded surveillance and interaction to be sure if the farmer is ideal and money can be paid. Anyways, I think the business requires a Law Enforcement backing. Fraudsters are ready to kill whoever casted their runs
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by luluosas(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
Even supposed wise and intelligent whites are pure mumu after all. What a shame

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by omoharry(f): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2020
guru90:

Hausa people are what?
Religious Fanatics that are also involve in corrupt practices . They are not as bold as the Igbos and Yoruba when it comes to fraud especially outside the shores of this country.
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Nwaonyishi69: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
omoharry:
What kind of Weed did you smoke for you to spill out this rubbish ?abi You are just looking for attention .yeye
May be you are poor in comprehension.
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Originalsly: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
omoharry:

They cannot extradite him .The crime was commited in Nigeria, so he will be persecuted here .However if he had commited the crime in the U.S and ran to Nigeria to avoid persecution,that is when he can be extradited on request by U.S authority.Hope you understand?

I hear you.... but you should know the US has a way of getting what it wants.... by hook or by crook. This is pretty much holding a US citizen hostage. Bear in mind.... Hush never commited his crime.in the US!
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by omoharry(f): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
kingthreat:

And even people within Nigeria that may be out of reach. I.e you are doing business with a farmer in Auchi but you are based in Lagos. The company can go to Auchi, do some coded surveillance and interaction to be sure if the farmer is ideal and money can be paid. Anyways, I think the business requires a Law Enforcement backing. Fraudsters are ready to kill whoever casted their runs
True talk .Oga do some research to see if there are laws regarding such practices .
Remember Nigeria has many laws. It's just that we are not aware of them . Talk to any law enforcement officer that you know and see it is feasible .
If there is no such laws to back up such business , then you can start by visiting ur constituency to see if your house of rep can buy into such fantastic idea and push such bill to the house to be passed into law .

This is like a two edge sword of Protecting innocent people from fraudsters or potential kidnappers and at thesame time tapping the business opportunities that it brings.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by stormborn28(m): 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Meeeeennnhhh... The guy dey take weed
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by stormborn28(m): 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Meeeeennnhhh... The guy dey take weed
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by Chamberlin1983(m): 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
You are funny. Read the thread again you will get all you want.
Re: Police Rescue American ‘detained For A Year After Visiting Facebook Lover’ (pic) by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
izzou:
sad

This country cannot be redeemed....We are now known as the heartbeat of fraud

Gambling and Fraud has increased tremendously over the past few years. No wonder importation of cars, Hotel business and Bet9ja shops are everywhere....Very sad

Even our Anticorruption boss is being probed for corruption...This country is a disgrace.

I wonder how the next 50 years will look like

When you research into crime in America, you'll seen say we deny learn for where crime dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chinyere Magella Ogudoro & Brother Burnt Alive By Husband,Benjamin Ogudoro / Nigerian Fraudster, Otunba Cash Arrested In Turkey / "Lady Tried To Touch My Manhood In A Car & Her Boyfriend Slapped Me In Ibadan"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.