Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

The Lot Of Daddies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Lot Of Daddies (885 Views)

A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months / Blessing Okoro: A Lot Of Married Women Are Sex Starved - Relationship Expert / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lot Of Daddies by rexericx(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
THE LOT OF DADDIES

You asked your dad for 5k and he told you he will give it to you in the morning before he leaves for work.

This is after he had thoroughly scrutinised what you needed the money for. All the questions he asked already made you angry.

Through out the night the man couldn't sleep because he was thinking of how to give you his last 5k.

Morning came and he called you into the room to give you 4k instead of 5k and you squeezed your face in discontent and reluctantly said a thank you after complaining it is not complete.

Your mum, after seeing this, says nothing.

She meets you in your room after your dad had left for work and gives you 2k from her own money and says:
"Don't mind him. Use this one to complete it".

Smiles from nowhere decorate your face and you quickly go to Facebook and Whatsapp to post:

"I HAVE THE BEST MUM IN THE WORLD. I love her to the moon and back".

Now your dad had to go out to work this morning with just 1k in his pocket "home and abroad' from which he will top up fuel or use as transport fare to and from work. His lunch at work is in that 1k too. Real tough going for him.

But he will never let you see this because he is a MAN. He endures so much discomfort as a man and as YOUR FATHER.

@Jovia_Voice It Out

You won't know what your life would have been without a father figure in it.

Fathers are priceless. Your father is priceless!

Do not wait till you too are a father or your father is no more before you appreciate your Dad.

@Dad

Join our page

https://m./549890931861236?view=permalink&id=1519064211610565

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
MUM is foolish for doing what she did. she should have given the money as "parents helping" not as some type of savior at the expense of dad.
SON is foolish to make a face while dad is doing his best to help him. that child is furthermore foolish to say his mum is best for giving him 2k while dad gave 4k.

since son thinks that he has the greatest mum in the world (while disregarding what dad did), next time he needs help, dad should simply reply:" go ask your mum, she is the best in the world, she will help you!"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
.... Everyman will experience what dads are experiencing now.

It's just a matter of time.

Then he will realize that we dads are golden.

2 Likes

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by bukatyne(f): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
I don't know if it is the 'weakness' of men not to understand the English that has been said since:

Let me summarize:

Attitude is everything.

In the scenario above, if the son was sure of his father's love and the father asked him the questions from a place of intimacy and understanding, the son would have been very content with the N4k.

If the father had told the boy 'son, I can only give you N4k because I have N5k left and want to do X, Y and Z.', the son would have postrated in appreciation and say I have the bestest father in the world.

If God Almighty and Jesus Christ could keep showing us what they did for us out of love and reminding us of that love (through the Bible and personal experiences), I don't understand why a mere man expects his children and wives to be mind readers and keep shut. For my Muslim brothers, Allah through Mohammed wrote a book (Quran) telling us what he expected from us in every scenario. He also assured humanity of His reward for them.

To put it in another way, perception matters.

To the boy,

1. The father had more than N5k and only gave him N4k because..... (fill in the gap)
2. The mother gave him her last N2k.

Fathers should also stop building second hand relationships with their kids through their wives. Let your children be able to say how you feel for them per time. Your wife is NOT your mouth piece or translator or love transmitter.

Show those children you sired from your loins that you love them so much and will sacrifice or do anything for them. Because of that love, you will also discipline and train them when required.

Hopefully, this will be clearer.

Ire o.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by Klass99(f): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by bukatyne(f): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
Klass99:

I started laughing after your first paragraph and didn't get pass it. grin

It is English we are speaking from thread to thread. grin cheesy

And they keep going in circles and conjuring scenarios to buttress the points made against them.

Are they masquerades that they build personas to scare their families? That they can't build relationships with their kids to the extent it is mummy saying 'daddy loves you' when he is not dumb. undecided

Na them sabi.

We are only point out corrections, it is left for them to take it or not.

And keep lamenting.

3 Likes

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by Klass99(f): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by bukatyne(f): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
Klass99:

Lol, your yeye dey boom grin cheesy abeg leave me o!

Maybe we need to start speaking pidgin and also translating in other languages.

The first man in the Garden of Eden set a pattern.......for others.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by EbenezerTriumph: 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
[s]
Klass99:

[/s]
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by EbenezerTriumph: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
[s]
Klass99:

I started laughing after your first paragraph and didn't get pass it. grin

My former boss, sent a few of us this same text via WhatsApp.

I said oga, you know this thing is not by force, you must not have children in order to live a good or happy life o!

Of course, as an Igbo man he said I am not well grin

I don't understand people who have kids and then spend time/energy complaining about the responsibilities or sacrifices they make.

In my mind, I am like before nko, didn't you know or didn't you count the cost?
[/s]
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by Justbehave(m): 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
bukatyne:
I don't know if it is the 'weakness' of men not to understand the English that has been said since:

Let me summarize:

Attitude is everything.

In the scenario above, if the son was sure of his father's love and the father asked him the questions from a place of intimacy and understanding, the son would have been very content with the N4k.

If the father had told the boy 'son, I can only give you N4k because I have N5k left and want to do X, Y and Z.', the son would have postrated in appreciation and say I have the bestest father in the world.

If God Almighty and Jesus Christ could keep showing us what they did for us out of love and reminding us of that love (through the Bible and personal experiences), I don't understand why a mere man expects his children and wives to be mind readers and keep shut. For my Muslim brothers, Allah through Mohammed wrote a book (Quran) telling us what he expected from us in every scenario. He also assured humanity of His reward for them.

To put it in another way, perception matters.

To the boy,

1. The father had more than N5k and only gave him N4k because..... (fill in the gap)
2. The mother gave him her last N2k.

Fathers should also stop building second hand relationships with their kids through their wives. Let your children be able to say how you feel for them per time. Your wife is NOT your mouth piece or translator or love transmitter.

Show those children you sired from your loins that you love them so much and will sacrifice or do anything for them. Because of that love, you will also discipline and train them when required.

Hopefully, this will be clearer.

Ire o.
SMH. Why do you like gender war too much? Seems your marriage is not working out well for you.
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by Justbehave(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
Klass99:

Bitter woman. This is why you can't get a man to settle with you.SMH
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by rexericx(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2020
Dad needs be soft like mum sometimes
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
Justbehave:
SMH. Why do you like gender war too much? Seems your marriage is not working out well for you.

Stick to the message and leave out baseless speculations.

1 Like

Re: The Lot Of Daddies by tobechi74: 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
ladies who grow up without father figure lack discipline
Re: The Lot Of Daddies by Eileene(f): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
Justbehave:
This is not about gender war she just said the undiluted truth.Have u ever wondered why most western kids are fond of their dads esp. the girls. Most Nigerian fathers believe showing love is a sign of weakness.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? / Best Baby Diaper Brands In Nigeria In 2021 / I Can Move Your Goods From Place To Place In Lagos. Call Or Whatsapp Me. Thanks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.