Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa (54892 Views)

Reno Omokri Lists 'The Wealthiest People In Nigeria In 1965' / Throwback Picture Of Prof. Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1967 By The Police. / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

We keep preaching the word with the hopes it reaches a good number of Nigerians.

You aren't yoruba, nor a girl. Never seen a Yoruba person who wanted secession.

Am a Yoruba, am a guy... I just changed my moniker today because of some certain reasons best know to me..

BTW; till when are we gonna preach to amass alot of people..

#Sigh..

Solution is this, if Yorubas decides to secede; you will see that northerns are left with nothing cus ipob is already agitating.

Yorubas are the ones holding the southerns down by Asslicking the northerns continually.. year in year out!!!
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MetaPhysical: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:
See the way he was confidently walking to police custody, head up high.

He didn't steal his wife's dress and ran away in the middle of the night...

I wonder why some people are crying over an innocent comment. tongue I mentioned no names grin

This man is a brave warrior. If the man was a coward he would already be in Ivory Coast by nightfall.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Am a Yoruba, am a guy... I just changed my moniker today because of some certain reasons best know to me..

BTW; till when are we gonna preach to amass alot of people..

#Sigh..

Solution is this, if Yorubas decides to secede; you will see that northerns are left with nothing cus ipob is already agitating.

Yorubas are the ones holding the southerns down by Asslicking the northerns continually.. year in year out!!!

If an Igbo guy like me isn't fighting for secession, it's absurd you are.

What benefit could secession probably bring to yoruba land?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by madridsta007(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
LegendHero:
This is a video of him arriving in court in 1965.

Woke Soyinka, a legend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1Kzy8HtHg

He was the hero of many Nigerians...
Till he decided, for once in his life, to run by emotions and campaign for a coupists and dictator in Buhari- the very category of people he fought in 1965.
He needs to write a book on what drove his thinking.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

If an Igbo guy like me isn't fighting for secession, it's absurd you are.

What benefit could secession probably bring to yoruba land?

Much more than we are into right now..

BTW, not all igbos are igbos nau...

Whereas; all Yolobas are yolobas. Just that we can beef each other,but we always remain one.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by TuFab(f): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
Happy birthday daddy...more life
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by LegendHero(m): 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
madridsta007:

He was the hero of many Nigerians...
Till he decided, for once in his life, to run by emotions and campaign for a coupists and dictator in Buhari- the very category of people he fought in 1965.
He needs to write a book on what drove his thinking.

What drove his thinking was because Jonathan was a clueless president that ran a government of gross looting and also supervised a government that looked away when Boko Haram were busy killing people in the NE and bombing the Federal capital territory.

Any sane thinking man will vote out Jonathan in 2015. It is anybody BUT Jonathan. So sane people like Wole Soyinka and myself supported the strongest contender (Buhari) against Jonathan in 2015.

However when Buhari turned out to be a more clueless president, he also supervised a government that couldn't solve countless Fulani Herdsmen killing and Boko Haram are still kiling people. Wole Soyinka did not support him in 2019 and that is well documented in the media. That is a man that have his brain to think.

Can you see why he supported Buhari in 2015 and opposed him in 2019?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Much more than we are into right now..

BTW, not all igbos are igbos nau...

Whereas; all Yolobas are yolobas. Just that we can beef each other,but we always remain one.

I love the cultural diversity. All we need is restructuring and Nigeria would be better than it's recent state.

Firstly, we try to control bigotry, it should be seen as a crime.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by joefelin2345: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
phemmyfour:
Akintola...the betrayer
My friend, no betrayer in politics. Everyone is fighting to fulfil his own destiny. Did Tinubu not betray AD if one goes by your assertion. Did Enahoro n Joseph Tarka not join NPN while Awolowo was alive. Did Awo himself not commit sucide? My friend go n think how your life n coming generation will be better.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

I love the cultural diversity. All we need is restructuring and Nigeria would be better than it's recent state.

Firstly, we try to control bigotry, it should be seen as a crime.

And who have time to control that under imminent incoming Famine and hunger!!!

Sir, the matter sef don tire me.. I no want talk again.

I can't come and have headache for Nigeria matter.

grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

And who have time to control that under imminent incoming Famine and hunger!!!
Sir, the matter sef don tire me.. I no want talk again.
I can't come and have headache for Nigeria matter.
grin
Lmaooo. I swear, forget talks, Nigeria don tire me too.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MetaPhysical: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
LegendHero:

What drove his thinking was because Jonathan was a clueless president that ran a government of gross looting and also supervised a government that looked away when Boko Haram were busy killing people in the NE and bombing the Federal capital territory.

Any sane thinking man will vote out Jonathan in 2015. It is anybody BUT Jonathan. So sane people like Wole Soyinka and myself supported the strongest contender (Buhari) against Jonathan in 2015.

However when Buhari turned out to be a more clueless president, he also supervised a government that couldn't solve countless Fulani Herdsmen killing and Boko Haram are still kiling people. Wole Soyinka did not support him in 2019 and that is well documented in the media. That is a man that have his brain to think.

Well educated Nigerians saw and believed Jonathan, Phd holder, as a remedy to past misrule in hands of military and ex-military and had hoped Nigeria would take a new turn in policy-making and leadership.

If that happened it would provide legitimacy and cement their advocacy that Nigeria was ruined by military intervention and the exclusion of uniformed men from future rulership was in the national interest.

They were not only dissapointed, they were grossly offended by Jonathan's misrule. Jonathan performed worse than ex-military Obasanjo. He was worse than Shagari.

Academicians had their hope smashed in their face.....they had to swallow their vomit and returned to the line of ex-military they had hoped to leave in the past. Nigeria was so soiled by the ogogoro drinker and his Ebele clan that we needed a washer-man to do cleansing. Se you get?

Legend, the people you are preaching to do not care about the logic behind Jonathan's ouster. They are pained because "our son" was kicked out. They were not interested in the future that people like yourself and Prof were projecting. Jonathan lost an opportunity to become a legend!

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by madridsta007(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
LegendHero:

This is where we would need his book:

However when Buhari turned out to be a more clueless president, he also supervised a government that couldn't solve countless Fulani Herdsmen killing and Boko Haram are still kiling people.

This was CLEARLY obvious to anyone that’s has read about Buhari and was okay to objectively analyse what he had read.
There’s nothing shocking or new about the bigotry, incompetence, aloofness, governmentlessness which Buhari has displayed.
I would want to assume that Soyinka has read about the history of Buhari. It is in plenty books. He has probably read about him more than anyone of us here. He of course knows how Buhari was close to Abacha, a dictator who chased Soyinka to exile.

It would be interesting to understand his thinking for 2015. That Buhari had miraculously transformed? Or that magic was put in Buhari’s head which hasn’t worked or something? He probably knows something that we don’t know.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by LegendHero(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Well educated Nigerians saw and believed Jonathan, Phd holder, as a remedy to past misrule in hands of military and ex-military and had hoped Nigeria would take a new turn in policy-making and leadership.

If that happened it would provide legitimacy and cement their advocacy that Nigeria was ruined by military intervention and the exclusion of uniformed men from future rulership was in the national interest.

They were not only dissapointed, they were grossly offended by Jonathan's misrule. Jonathan performed worse than ex-military Obasanjo. He was worse than Shagari.

Academicians had their hope smashed in their face.....they had to swallow their vomit and returned to the line of ex-military they had hoped to leave in the past. Nigeria was so soiled by the ogogoro drinker and his Ebele clan that we needed a washer-man to do cleansing. Se you get?

Legend, the people you are preaching to do not care about the logic behind Jonathan's ouster. They are pained because "our son" was kicked out. They were not interested in the future that people like yourself and Prof were projecting. Jonathan lost an opportunity to become a legend!

You have said it all. Nothing to add and nothing to remove brother.

However your last statement caught my fancy i.e. "Jonathan lost an opportunity to become a legend".

He truly lost a great opportunity to become a legend and he is a disgrace to the intellectual title of PhD!
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

Lmaooo. I swear, forget talks, Nigeria don tire me too.
Abi..
grin

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MetaPhysical: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
LegendHero:

You have said it all. Nothing to add and nothing to remove brother.

However your last statement caught my fancy i.e. "Jonathan lost an opportunity to become a legend".

He truly lost a great opportunity to become a legend and he is a disgrace to the intellectual title of PhD!

Yes, grin

You are our only LegendHero , brother, no one compares!

Not a gburugburu in Nnewi or a clueless in the creeks.

Any Iboman that disagrees can go hug corona. grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by LegendHero(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Yes, grin

You are our only LegendHero , brother, no one compares!

Not a gburugburu in Nnewi or a clueless in the creeks.

Any Iboman that disagrees can go hug corona. grin

I need to pay for this title (Oye) Legendhero 1 of the whole Nigeria patapata including the territories of Nnewi, Osogbo, and Maiduguri.

After paying my dues to the right people, anyone that foment trouble by trying to disagree with the oye will be dealt with using the “pasan omo alaigboran” bestowed upon me by the great Metaphysical.

Ke ku ile ko gbo, ko so fun toko!
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Deoboss(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mysticwebb:

He doesn't need to steal his wife's dress, people from that side always have rat poison in their pocket waiting for when the going gets tough.
That is why he has one of his hands in the pocket, to cross-check it is the right otapiapia and not indocid.
That was what gave him that confidence.
Luckily for him, it didn't get tougher than what he expected.

undecided
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mysticwebb:

You don't know my leader.
For the two people you mentioned, they never cowardly ate rat poison like your leaders.
Awolowo ate rat poison to escape torment from his slave masters.
Abiola cowardly followed the same footsteps by eating the left over of the Awolowo's rat poison.

After all this nice write ups please kindly check your bank account balance. You lack decorum

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Chris6music: 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
mashad:

Are you in Ibadan?
yes sir
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

definitely I wil come out n b amongst this crowd who are truly ready for business and not for jelly talks..

But you didn't come out for Sowore's own now.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nooil:

Now don't be tribalistic. I'm sure you've been helped by people outside your tribe.

But it's true. Sowore needed more people. But where would he get them when there are cowards everywhere.

Oh, wanting a free Yoruba nation is being tribalistic?

Interesting line of thought.

Most of you don't know that the amalgamation of various disparate ethnicities into one country was a crime committed against the black people.

I am tired of rehashing this particular theory.

Like I said in another place on this forum, the elite would love to keep one Nigeria because they benefit from it's dysfunction.

The not so rich are hanging on to one Nigeria because of sentiments.

None of the various ethnicities in Nigeria will ever make any progress beyond what we have today.

The same issues we were talking about in the 70s and 80s are still the same ones we are talking about today, 40 yrs later.

There's nothing wrong with wanting progress for my people. It's nothing personal.

I know first-hand the progress the Yorubas made when we practiced regionalism.

And I compare it to today and I see the retrogression we've made ever since then.

I owe no one any apologies for wanting a better life for the Yoruba people.

It doesn't stop others from wanting and getting a better life for their own people too, unless their happiness depends on Yorubas' backwardness, then we gon have trouble.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

But you didn't come out for Sowore's own now.

Abeggii don make me puke jorh..

Did he carried the youth along; he cook the soup with few pipu..

if Any activist wanted to fight against Nigeria government; he/she gatto have more than a million protesters,even more sef...so as to shake this table.

1,500 pipu can't shake table in Nigeria oh.

grin

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Abeggii don make me puke jorh..

Did he carried the youth along; he cook the soup with few pipu..

if Any activist wanted to fight against Nigeria government; he/she gatto have more than a million protesters,even more sef...so as to shake this table.

1,500 pipu can't shake table in Nigeria oh.

grin

But how will he have 1 million people when people like you refused to come out? undecided

Or is it ghosts that will make up the one million?

He carried the youths along. He told them where they were all to meet for the rally.

He released the demands the Nigerian youths were asking of the federal government.

Still, you didn't show up.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

That almost sounded great. But who wants to be stuck to a very small landmass. Biafran is actually very small.

I'm sure they can think of a way around that.

There are smaller countries that are doing great.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

But how will he have 1 million people when people like you refused to come out? undecided

Or is it ghosts that will make up the one million?

He carried the youths along. He told them where they were all to meet for the rally.

He released the demands the Nigerian youths were asking of the federal government.

Still, you didn't show up.

Abeggii.. What social media platform did he made the announcement??

If truly he was bold enough; after his release; he shouldn't have disappear into tin air...

He should have reshuffle and Restrategize.

Right now; youth are ready to back anyone up; to lead the battle frontline if the Captain won't compromise or fling at the sound of JackBauer
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nwaonyishi69: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

ANS: 100m sprint on the way to Abidjan in a woman's dress. grin

I heard that he got there before the coward General.

[img]https://media1./images/3409007ebe99e0f7a151cd7a85ecf47d/tenor.gif?itemid=5742035[/img]
Was it Abidjan that your mumu Are Ona Kankanfo used his wives' gele to run to; before coming back to die in the hands of his masters?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by SirBunky85(m): 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:
If only Wole Soyinka would step out to march in a protest against Buhari same way he did against Goodluck Jonathan.

This country is about to go into another recession. Who is gonna save the country this time?
keep waiting for prof to come protest for u while you younger ones stay in ur house to talk thrash.I now realise why pmb called u,lazy youths
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Abeggii.. What social media platform did he made the announcement??

If truly he was bold enough; after his release; he shouldn't have disappear into tin air...

He should have reshuffle and Restrategize.

Right now; youth are ready to back anyone up; to lead the battle frontline if the Captain won't compromise or fling at the sound of JackBauer

He should have disappeared into thin air you say?

Smh.

I haff hear.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

He should have disappeared into thin air you say?

Smh.

I haff hear.

Has he not disappeared into thin air?? The guy don Japppaa..

As a strong man; he suppose to stay; by doing so; a lot of support will pour out towards him and he will eventually gain upper hand when it comes to the battlefield..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnenna Agnes Nnamani Is Dead (Ex-Enugu Governors Wife) / Osinbajo, Ambode, Obaseki Visit Tinubu & Wife In His Bourdillon Mansion - Pics / Dino Melaye: Buhari Has Sent Oshiomhole To Golgotha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.