Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa (54899 Views)

Reno Omokri Lists 'The Wealthiest People In Nigeria In 1965' / Throwback Picture Of Prof. Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1967 By The Police. / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Has he not disappeared into thin air?? The guy don Japppaa..

As a strong man; he suppose to stay; by doing so; a lot of support will pour out towards him and he will eventually gain upper hand when it comes to the battlefield..

Ok.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

Ok.
that's it..
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nairaland is the meeting point of bigoted ethnic and religious fanatics in Nigeria. Make Una open Una eyes, we have good and bad people from all over Nigeria
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by mashad(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
Chris6music:
yes sir

Pls, remind me what I quoted you for.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Oh, wanting a free Yoruba nation is being tribalistic?

Interesting line of thought.

Most of you don't know that the amalgamation of various disparate ethnicities into one country was a crime committed against the black people.

I am tired of rehashing this particular theory.

Like I said in another place on this forum, the elite would love to keep one Nigeria because they benefit from it's dysfunction.

The not so rich are hanging on to one Nigeria because of sentiments.

None of the various ethnicities in Nigeria will ever make any progress beyond what we have today.

The same issues we were talking about in the 70s and 80s are still the same ones we are talking about today, 40 yrs later.

There's nothing wrong with wanting progress for my people. It's nothing personal.

I know first-hand the progress the Yorubas made when we practiced regionalism.

And I compare it to today and I see the retrogression we've made ever since then.

I owe no one any apologies for wanting a better life for the Yoruba people.

It doesn't stop others from wanting and getting a better life for their own people too, unless their happiness depends on Yorubas' backwardness, then we gon have trouble.

I think you're right, every tribe should have their country.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nooil:

I think you're right, every tribe should have their country.

That might not be feasible though. Some ethnic groups may have to merge to be able to form a viable country.

With over 50million Yorubas home and abroad, I think the Yorubas can form a country of their own.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
FrLukas:

That might not be feasible though. Some ethnic groups may have to merge to be able to form a viable country.

With over 50million Yorubas home and abroad, I think the Yorubas can form a country of their own.

Vatican City has a population of 1000. Remind me why it's not feasible? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Uzodinma And Okorocha's Factions Clashed At APC Rally (Photos) / 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity / Eze Madumere Wore Canvass To A Meeting In Owerri. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.