Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,118 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War (15467 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by NaijadrivaCars: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2020
This is how it should be.
Warri!!!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by kenzysmith: 8:59am On Jul 14, 2020
What abt my grand papa house wey there burn them must countinue o
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Unified07: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2020
At the civil war when you guys should have made the right decision.... because of stupidity and envy u lost what God have blessed u with to far ousiders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by babyfaceafrica: 9:00am On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

Thats not the point. The point is that they own the oil and gas, how can you give someone 13% of what they own? I own something, you take 87% of my property and give me 13%. Then to add salt to injury, after cheating out of what I own, you come back to ask me what I did with 13% of what was mine in the first place
they don't own it, the country owns it, unless they get their own country, natural resources will be shared for all country unfortunately

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by SUPERFOREXLAGOS: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2020
United they will get More

But why will Nigeria give them 13% of what God gave them

And what have they done with the 13% self

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Angy55(f): 9:02am On Jul 14, 2020
All for their pockets...useless people.

Only some group of people would still benefit so I'm not bothered. Na now una eyes clear.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Sirwallace(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

Thats not the point. The point is that they own the oil and gas, how can you give someone 13% of what they own? I own something, you take 87% of my property and give me 13%. Then to add salt to injury, after cheating out of what I own, you come back to ask me what I did with 13% of what was mine in the first place

are you a sovereign nation?

do you even know what has been budgeted for that region in the last 10 years aside their normal allocation?

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by dubaiprince: 9:06am On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

Oga, The country is a federation of 36 states and if you get 13% and about 2/3 of the entire 36 states share 87 percent, i think this is fair. A ministry and even a commission were even created for that region which means they are even getting over the 13 percent of what 'they own'. What we keep hearing is NDDC embezzled this, NDDC looted that. Let's learn to hold our leaders accountable. The problems of the Niger Delta still remains greed, bad leadership and disunity.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Princedapace(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
the difference between most population of Nigeria and me is that i have no interest anymore on who takes more percentage of oil money, there is always an avenue of making it in life irrespective of where u find urself. Most Nigerians keep fighting because of this oil, it just shows how backward we are and without the oil, we will have no other opportunity to grow. 13% to me is something, what if there is no oil? What abt the agro companies, the finance companies, artificial intelligence, power, food, quantum computers, particle physics research, tokamak magnetic confinement fusion, its not always about oil

The gold in the north are not shared to other regions!

Allow states handle their resources, pls. Every other states should go and hustle. That way, we will have sense. Who then decides to waste it is left for the person.

Come to think of it, FG is more useless than states. FG cant even take care of police, military, roads, etc. States even support police which is the job of the FG. States also build FG roads and wait for ever to get paid back. In fact, check out all the stuff managed by the FG, which one is working well?

Police is poorly financed, military is poorly financed, FG roads are death traps, FG universities are now secondary schools, FG health care is as useless as anything u can think of, electricity is poor, security is generally poor, the economy is bad, etc.

So, u can see, FG that is richer than all the states put together has failed, what do u now expect from the sub states? The answer to all these issue is complete restructuring and leave states or regions to mine whatever resources they found in their lands. Simple! That way, everyone will wake up when hunger hit 90 percent of their population.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Crownstar01: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2020
A very complex and corrupt region.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by ifiokbenzy(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2020
martineverest:
my enemy' enemy is my friend
Mathematically two minus makes one plus. Oil dey your edd
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by GUNITGuy: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Have you ever never wondered why they don't clamour for restructuring as they should only threatening fg but not their Governors(Our Son)....
They would soon collect their own money from oil companies and the needs of their of their people are forgotten about
paulolee:
bad, i just feel sorri for these people because thier bad leaders are the ones punishing them..
Yar'adua was a good man and he tried to help these people out of pity and all his help and money allocated to improve that region was looted and re looted...
i jus pray that the finally find the light they seek because i see the menace going on there to linger for Years even if a man from that side becomes president...
my elders do say "a group of lions being led by a cat to a battle ground would be defeated against a group of cats being led by a lion"...
better daYs ahead i pray 4 them....it is well..

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 14, 2020
dubaiprince:

Oga, The country is a federation of 36 states and if you get 13% and about 2/3 of the entire 36 states share 87 percent, i think this is fair. A ministry and even a commission were even created for that region which means they are even getting over the 13 percent of what 'they own'. What we keep hearing is NDDC embezzled this, NDDC looted that. Let's learn to hold our leaders accountable. The problems of the Niger Delta still remains greed, bad leadership and disunity.
Are you aware that before 1970, it used to be above 60% derivation? That it was stopped and now at 13% is not welcomed as a true Niger Deltan. If you are a niger deltan, I trust you will understand as well.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Lovelyn451(f): 9:16am On Jul 14, 2020
Niger deltans have suffer no be small...
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Coldie(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2020
Are u supposed to unite against oil companies or against the government?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
they don't own it, the country owns it, unless they get their own country, natural resources will be shared for all country unfortunately
Please be logical in your weiteups. The north control the mining operations and agriculture in their land yet the crude oil in the south is controlled by them as well. Is there any south south person with a mining license up north? It's different in the niger delta, all northerners own either an oil field or block. The joint action of ijaw and Itsekiri is saying a caboodle rejectemanta to this injustice. If you're honest, you'll understand

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by wink2015(m): 9:21am On Jul 14, 2020
NOTHING TO SHOW FOR THE CRUDE OIL MONEY !

The big men at the top are the ones looting all the money meant for development in the Niger delta region.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by RTSC: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2020
The NDDC should never be headed by a Niger delta indigene that grew up in the Niger delta.

it pains me to say this.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by GUNITGuy: 9:27am On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

But it is not an insult to spend the money for salaries of your people on politics, luxury cars, expensive liquor, exotic chicks and choice properties in ikoyi .....Even if they have 100%resource control they would kill themselves over their greed and selfishness ....The Niger Delta should be grateful to Nigeria if not
I live in the Niger Delta their leaders are their biggest problem....They have no reason to be under devel
It is an insult to give a person 13% of what he owns
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Htown64(m): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

Account for the 13% first before you are given 100%.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Apination(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2020
Greedy bastards. Some thieves are collecting allocation meant for an entire state with nothing to show for and they are shouting marginalisation. What did they do with amnesty money syphoned to a few cronies with a majority of the youths being sidelined? No jobs, oil companies have all packed out because of deve collection and hunger has set in, that's why these clouts are trying to raise dust. The youths don't want to work, all they are after is money, companies offer jobs to communities but instead the king's and leaders would rather take money than have anyone from the community employed or for any project to happen. Before you ignorantly quote me, I'm a full blooded Deltan, I know what I'm saying undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by sylve11: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2020
maggilove:
After 20years, they would have achieved many things if they were united from the onset, always blaming each other for each's failure and greediness.

I never wished to say this, but I have to. Unity is far from these two tribes.... cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by lastclaire4(f): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2020
johnmartus:
Efforts in futile. They are looking for national cake instead to call their leaders ask them what they are doing with federal allocation.

You have amnesty, NDDC and 13% derivatives from oil despite this the masses still subject to poverty.

As long as pdp still control Niger delta affairs no tangible development will come to that area.

However you can't threaten federal government Because it was stated in the constitution that central government are the real owner of land and resources. You have got your share hold your governors accountable.

whenever oil is discovered on your family land, come back and say this.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 14, 2020
Govt knows how to tap oil from Warri and other parts of Niger Delta, yet the big, bigger and biggest Wharfs are located in Lagos.

While you use the money to convert Abuja to look like Dubai.

Give them what they want jare.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Uchasa(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2020
The only thing we Niger Deltans know how to do is to resort to violence,nothing more!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
that 13% is not part of the allocation hope u know? We also get the highest allocation, let us also vent our angers on our state govt biko.
There is a saying that if a man can't manage 200k, even if u give him 2m, he won't manage it

Hope other youths are learning to speak responsibly too.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by maggilove(f): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2020
sylve11:

I never wished to say this, but I have to. Unity is far from these two tribes.... cool
I didn't know it's that bad.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 9:58am On Jul 14, 2020
lastclaire4:

whenever oil is discovered on your family land, come back and say this.
What about those states that have resources on their lands..must it be war!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Angelfrost(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

Clearly missing the point, aren't you? This is either deliberate or you just don't have a clue as to how corrupt your leaders, elders, and fathers are.

After the oil companies, and the government, Niger Delta leaders and elders are the biggest exploiters of their very own people.

If these people can embezzle and misappropriate 13% (Billions), imagine what they would do with a lot more! Simply put, they will steal and misappropriate more!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by lastclaire4(f): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2020
Apination:
Greedy bastards. Some thieves are collecting allocation meant for an entire state with nothing to show for and they are shouting marginalisation. What did they do with amnesty money syphoned to a few cronies with a majority of the youths being sidelined? No jobs, oil companies have all packed out because of deve collection and hunger has set in, that's why these clouts are trying to raise dust. The youths don't want to work, all they are after is money, companies offer jobs to communities but instead the king's and leaders would rather take money than have anyone from the community employed or for any project to happen. Before you ignorantly quote me, I'm a full blooded Deltan, I know what I'm saying undecided

You are right!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Mars16(m): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
Useless people, we get 13% derivatives from oil, our state govt won't do a single thing with it, we have NDDC, I no know wetin that thing be sef, its as useless as the share button on nairaland, we should also vent our anger on state govt but no, we will sing their praises and vote them again, or we will rather vote them as senators if their tenure as govt don finish. You dont need all the money from oil before u develop, there is a saying that if u can't manage 200k, even if they give u 2million, u still won't manage it
Pls God if I am gonna come back as a Nigerian, pls just forfeit my reincarnation, lemme just go straight to heaven weda my work on earth is done or not, I am not coming back.
As an ijaw breed, as a Niger Deltan, as a Nigerian and as an African, I am ashamed of how my brothers think
My brother I wonder when Nigerians will wake up to say enough is enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bombs Jail, Frees Detained Members / Governor Ikpeazu Slashes Salaries Of All Political Appointees / Tinubu Donates N100 Million To The Victims Of Banditry In Katsina State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.