Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War (15453 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Pacesetter123(m): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2020
kenzysmith:
What abt my grand papa house wey there burn
It's a pity my guy.Dats de effects of war.U will rebuild it.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by mu2sa2: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
Useless people, we get 13% derivatives from oil, our state govt won't do a single thing with it, we have NDDC, I no know wetin that thing be sef, its as useless as the share button on nairaland, we should also vent our anger on state govt but no, we will sing their praises and vote them again, or we will rather vote them as senators if their tenure as govt don finish. You dont need all the money from oil before u develop, there is a saying that if u can't manage 200k, even if they give u 2million, u still won't manage it
Pls God if I am gonna come back as a Nigerian, pls just forfeit my reincarnation, lemme just go straight to heaven weda my work on earth is done or not, I am not coming back.
As an ijaw breed, as a Niger Deltan, as a Nigerian and as an African, I am ashamed of how my brothers think
Thank you, o jare. A most useless set of people. Look at Asari dokubo, what exactly did he and other hypocrites fight for? Freedom fighter my foot! After pocketing billions they just cello taped the lips.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Niger deltans have suffer no be small...

They should hold their state leaders not federal govt.
Niger Delter minister na their person.
Yar'Adua was the the northerner that created the Niger Delter ministry for peace to reign..
Every promise of the federal government to Niger Delter is kept to avoid vandalization.
Their state leaders are responsible, or is it the federal government that ask most of the oil companies to relocate or park out of the region NO. it's the attitude of the people.

My dear visite Niger Delter and see for urself. the youths don't want anything even to work, all they want is money.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by babyfaceafrica: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2020
WarriFirstSon:

Please be logical in your weiteups. The north control the mining operations and agriculture in their land yet the crude oil in the south is controlled by them as well. Is there any south south person with a mining license up north? It's different in the niger delta, all northerners own either an oil field or block. The joint action of ijaw and Itsekiri is saying a caboodle rejectemanta to this injustice. If you're honest, you'll understand
there is a difference with what is right and the reality. My take
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by IFIRI(f): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
Useless people, we get 13% derivatives from oil, our state govt won't do a single thing with it, we have NDDC, I no know wetin that thing be sef, its as useless as the share button on nairaland, we should also vent our anger on state govt but no, we will sing their praises and vote them again, or we will rather vote them as senators if their tenure as govt don finish. You dont need all the money from oil before u develop, there is a saying that if u can't manage 200k, even if they give u 2million, u still won't manage it
Pls God if I am gonna come back as a Nigerian, pls just forfeit my reincarnation, lemme just go straight to heaven weda my work on earth is done or not, I am not coming back.
As an ijaw breed, as a Niger Deltan, as a Nigerian and as an African, I am ashamed of how my brothers think
what you are saying and what they are saying quite different. it revealed that you are not from ND.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by MansoryMX(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:

You spoke the mind of an average Deltan. lemme switch my accent. Braahhhhh the matter sef don bad pass gan! No level here, nothing dey xup here, suffering, hunger and now! Fulani people don dey bring out their leg small small to add salt to injury. If I fit gbaga commot for this Zanga like you I go lost forever ah swear. Na rubbish matter just dey here. We don lost our privileges as Niger Delta Youth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Revolva(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
the difference between most population of Nigeria and me is that i have no interest anymore on who takes more percentage of oil money, there is always an avenue of making it in life irrespective of where u find urself. Most Nigerians keep fighting because of this oil, it just shows how backward we are and without the oil, we will have no other opportunity to grow. 13% to me is something, what if there is no oil? What abt the agro companies, the finance companies, artificial intelligence, power, food, quantum computers, particle physics research, tokamak magnetic confinement fusion, its not always about oil

Very good bro but these people brain is so full of curruption and dumbness is their name.

And on top of the oil matter they will still fight and kill themselves

IFIRI:
what you are saying and what they are saying quite different. it revealed that you are not from ND.

Why do you say so ? So someone cannot speak the truth again .
You see where you youth are failing always supporting negative vices until you tell yourself the truth Niger delta will be like this till the next fifty years no development with the oil money and the elders will keep cheating and chopping the money .

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by steeltrust: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2020
johnmartus:
Efforts in futile. They are looking for national cake instead to call their leaders ask them what they are doing with federal allocation.

You have amnesty, NDDC and 13% derivatives from oil despite this the masses still subject to poverty.

As long as pdp still control Niger delta affairs no tangible development will come to that area.

However you can't threaten federal government Because it was stated in the constitution that central government are the real owner of land and resources. You have got your share hold your governors accountable.
did u see APC on d post. why play politics wit everything. re other political parties of APC or apga better
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 10:26am On Jul 14, 2020
dubaiprince:

Oga, The country is a federation of 36 states and if you get 13% and about 2/3 of the entire 36 states share 87 percent, i think this is fair. A ministry and even a commission were even created for that region which means they are even getting over the 13 percent of what 'they own'. What we keep hearing is NDDC embezzled this, NDDC looted that. Let's learn to hold our leaders accountable. The problems of the Niger Delta still remains greed, bad leadership and disunity.

Bro all of you guys saying the truth no go get likes..if u had bashed Nigeria for the predicaments of the Niger deltans..everybody go follow like your comment.
Nigerian youths hardly articulate thoughts on any issues.intelligently.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by OvisFranko: 10:26am On Jul 14, 2020
Are the IOCs really Niger Delta problem?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by MansoryMX(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2020
In as much as our Niger Delta leaders have failed us whole fully by selling our birthright for peanuts called 13% and squandering it, I will still blame the Federal Government. Government are not living up to their responsibilities by providing basic amenities which they are obliged to do for the people of South South.

1. Almost all Federal Roads in South South are bad.

2. Warri port is nothing to write home about. If functioning, this alone will boost economic growth here and raise businesses from the dead. But a lot people I believe don’t want economic boost down here so they made sure it stop functioning.

3. Electricity Zero. Recharge of 5k I bought January ending hasn’t finished yet, that tells you how bad electricity is down here.

Portable Drinking water Zero

Provide just these 3 things to the people by forcefully using 3 percent of that 13% you claim you give their representatives. Who una dey deceive with all these rubbish about giving 13%. Last time went to Abuja I almost cried, Niger Delta Oil money have been used to develop a lot of places up North, Yet the powerhouse has no single development. Companies have all relocated from here. The only local parent NNPC here is being run by same Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba Muslims right under our nose. The last and only foreign company is seriously making plans to relocate to international water just like Shell because it’s been frustrated by both our State Leaders and Federal cabals you North.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Philadelphia: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2020
The bitter truth is just being realised after 20 years.
Warri has been abandoned and the HQs of these companies have migrated to Lagos.
Imagine them starting the AKK project which they borrowed about $2.8b for?

What if this money was used in developing Warri?

If the Ijaws, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Igbos and Isokos in Delta State can unite, then nothing stops the South- South and South-East from uniting and producing the next president.

The truth is that the SE and SS are 1 region (former eastern region).

Make we get sense abeg. No be hausa or fulani man get this country biko.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 10:32am On Jul 14, 2020
Revolva:

Very good bro but these people brain is so full of curruption and dumbness is their name.

And on top of the oil matter they will still fight and kill themselves

Why do you say so ? So someone cannot speak the truth again .
You see where you youth are failing always supporting negative vices until you tell yourself the truth Niger delta will be like this till the next fifty years no development with the oil money and the elders will keep cheating and chopping the money .

Bro...Nigerian youths are something else. don't waste your time trying to convince somebody..truth is not so hard to find.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by InvertedHammer: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2020
/
Their leaders are just looking for money to buy SUVs and marry more wives. They are looking for financial settlement. Give them whatever they demand outside of cash and they will refuse.
The sad reality is that if all the oil companies close down in ND, the indigenes are too lazy and drunk to know what to do with oil. They just want the usual pittance for merriment.

/
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
there is a difference with what is right and the reality. My take
Yeah, the reality isn't right in this case. That's why there will always be youth restiveness in the oil rich niger delta region
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by dukeprince50: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2020
IFIRI:
I really do not Carr where u think I came from, its the least of my problems, one thing I do not like doing is trying to convince people, if u wanna stick to ur opinion, its fine by me, afterall majority of Nigerians think like u, it will be a waste of time convincing all of u

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2020
MansoryMX:
In as much as our Niger Delta leaders have failed us whole fully by selling our birthright for peanuts called 13% and squandering it, I will still blame the Federal Government. Government are not living up to their responsibilities by providing basic amenities which they are obliged to do for the people of South South.

1. Almost all Federal Roads in South South are bad.

2. Warri port is nothing to write home about. If functioning, this alone will boost economic growth here and raise businesses from the dead. But a lot people I believe don’t want economic boost down here so they made sure it stop functioning.

3. Electricity Zero. Recharge of 5k I bought January ending hasn’t finished yet, that tells you how bad electricity is down here.

Portable Drinking water Zero

Provide just these 3 things to the people by forcefully using 3 percent of that 13% you claim you give their representatives. Who una dey deceive with all these rubbish about giving 13%

Continue blaming federal government..na u sabi...the pockets of the people leading keeps swelling.
Better find your way out of that region and make a life for yourself.

Let me tell u something pal:
Go to Obajana cement factory in Kogi state see what Dangote has done for them.it's the biggest cement factory in west Africa. there is no vandalization of any sort by the communities,both the elders and average people have gotten employment with at least labourer work to do..the working environment is made safe for all.

But in your Niger Delter,everything is war. marginalization. oil is on our land. these. that. people are even tired of hearing Niger Delter issues. Are you people the only one?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Ifeco777(m): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2020
realstars:
The War Zone Of 1997, Wheie Wafi Market Was Set Ablaze, Thank God They Have Come Up Together To Seek For Development.
that's a nice development for them meanwhile if u want to make oil money come and join forsage the real deal...dm asap on WhatsApp 09026596679 for more info and thank me later ......cheers
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by MansoryMX(m): 10:50am On Jul 14, 2020
Excuses:

They should hold their state leaders not federal govt.
Niger Delter minister na their person.
Yar'Adua was the the northerner that created the Niger Delter ministry for peace to reign..
Every promise of the federal government to Niger Delter is kept to avoid vandalization.
Their state leaders are responsible, or is it the federal government that ask most of the oil companies to relocate or park out of the region NO. it's the attitude of the people.

My dear visite Niger Delter and see for urself. the youths don't want anything even to work, all they want is money.

I need to clarify this and correct you. When you say the Youth don’t want to work and wants money, you are wrong. Statistics has it that 75% of Niger Delta Youth are educated or has acquired skills through one form of training or other. I agreed that bad leadership who misappropriate public funds meant for the development one of Niger Delta is of the many reason Niger Delta is so underdeveloped today. Please get your facts right and stop saying what you don’t know. I for one is a graduate in Accounting and a junior ICAN but self employed because of the situation here in Delta State. We have so many graduates here in South South and few touts. One major problems here are the traditional leaders who are more greedy than the devil himself. A lot of youths wants to work but job opportunity here in South South is below zero percent compared to any other part of this country.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Openbusiness3: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2020
Fake unity sad

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 10:53am On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
I really do not Carr where u think I came from, its the least of my problems, one thing I do not like doing is trying to convince people, if u wanna stick to ur opinion, its fine by me, afterall majority of Nigerians think like u, it will be a waste of time convincing all of u

I told you not to waste your time convincing him,Average Nigerian youth talk carelessly.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by MansoryMX(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2020
Excuses:

Continue blaming federal government..na u sabi...the pockets of the people leading keeps swelling.
Better find your way out of that region and make a life for yourself.

Let me tell u something pal:
Go to Obajana cement factory in Kogi state see what Dangote has done for them.it's the biggest cement factory in west Africa. there is no vandalization of any sort by the communities,both the elders and average people have gotten employment with at least labourer work to do..the working environment is made safe for all.

But in your Niger Delter,everything is war. marginalization. oil is on our land. these. that. people are even tired of hearing Niger Delter issues. Are you people the only one?

If you can’t understand my opinion it ain’t my fault bro, maybe your brain IQ couldn’t carry it. Kogi State na u wan te compare Delta. Chai! We don suffer! For your info I did my NYSC in Governor’s office building, Lokoja. Kogi stinks with corruption that anywhere else in this country. Kogi State Case na only God himself will handle it. Poverty, insecurity, hunger and 1648 infrastructures na you wan te compare Delta. Guy abeg get lost!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

I need to clarify this and correct you. When you say the Youth don’t want to work and wants money, you are wrong. Statistics has it that 75% of Niger Delta Youth are educated or has acquired skills through one form of training or other. I agreed that bad leadership who misappropriate public funds meant for the development one of Niger Delta is of the many reason Niger Delta is so underdeveloped today. Please get your facts right and stop saying what you don’t know. I for one is a graduate in Accounting and a junior ICAN but self employed because of the situation here in Delta State. We have so many graduates here in South South and few touts. One major problems here are the traditional leaders who are more greedy than the devil himself. A lot of youths wants to work but job opportunity here in South South is below zero percent compared to any other part of this country.

You have said it all,one of the major problems is the traditional rulers..which goes back to buttress my comment.YOUR LEADERS,U GUYS SHOULD WORK ON THEM.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Excuses: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2020
MansoryMX:

If you can’t understand my opinion it ain’t my fault bro, maybe your brain IQ couldn’t carry it. Kogi State na u wan te compare Delta. Chai! We don suffer! For your info I did my NYSC in Governor’s office building, Lokoja. Kogi stinks with corruption that anywhere else in this country. Kogi State Case na only God himself will handle it. Poverty, insecurity, hunger and 1648 infrastructures na you wan te compare Delta. Guy abeg get lost!

If your educated as you claim, it wont degenerate to insults. it's simply arguments. Not insults.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by MansoryMX(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Excuses:

You have said it all,one of the major problems is the traditional rulers..which goes back to buttress my comment.YOUR LEADERS,U GUYS SHOULD WORK ON THEM.

We are seriously making plans to gather all of them in one place for palliatives and........ grin

Na joke oo! Work on them ke! Me wey dey pray make Canada or Australia approve my visa make I discharge with my wife and Son from this horrible and demonic country.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Dmanlex(m): 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
If Niger Delta cant have electricity no other part of Naija will

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by intruder15(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

It is an insult to give a person 13% of what he owns

It is hopeless and embarrassing when the person given 13% percent still owes salaries and pension.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by senatepresido: 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
dukeprince50:
that 13% is not part of the allocation hope u know? We also get the highest allocation, let us also vent our angers on our state govt biko.
There is a saying that if a man can't manage 200k, even if u give him 2m, he won't manage it
please bro enlighten me more, do you mean the monthly allocation is different from the 13% derivation
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by dukeprince50: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
senatepresido:

please bro enlighten me more, do you mean the monthly allocation is different from the 13% derivation
outside allocation, there is 13% given to oil producing states to share, this is also different from money given to NDDC, but how come a senate president like u don't know
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Emxon(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
All those intervention agency like nddc, ministry of naijadelta and others are enough to turn south south to Dubai. Akpabio is busy looting for his ancestors and his next generarion to come. All the these gang up or union is for their pocket and families.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War by Gbase36: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
some people don't really understand that the state government doesn't have anything to do with oil exploration.....
senatepresido:

senatepresido:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun PRP Guber Candidate, Prof. Bamgbose Dies 5 Days After Winning Guber Ticket / Governor Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folasade Coker As Executive Secretary Of LJLA / Ganduje Dollar Video Probe: Kano Anti-corruption Boss Gets EFCC, CCB Invitations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.