Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife (4360 Views)

16-Year-Old Boy Cries As 15-Year-Old Girlfriend Dumps Him Over Birthday Treat / What Charly Boy's Romantic Birthday Message To Wife Of 40 Years Taught Me / Lady Gets The Insult Of Her Life Over Birthday Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by xristos(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has drawn the ire of feminists on social media over a birthday tribute to his wife.

Adeboye had in a message on Monday praised his wife, Pastor Foluke Adeboye aka Mummy G.O., for her many sacrifices in their marriage.

In the tribute which was also included in the daily devotional, ‘Open Heavens’, Adeboye described his wife as the embodiment of the virtuous woman as described in the biblical book of Proverbs Chapter 31.

Adeboye, who has been married for over 50 years, said his wife still cooks for him and is submissive.

He said many husbands of today misbehave because their wives fail to show them the respect that they deserve.

The pastor wrote, “The husband is the head of the wife. No matter how educated or successful you are, your husband is your head and you must regard him as such at all times. It is a terrible thing for the husband to feel that his wife is his head. Many men are misbehaving in their marriage because they want to establish that they are the head of their wives.

“Also, my wife is my number one fan. She wrote in the book Mathematics of marriage- which we coauthored, that as my helpmate she knows she cannot help me without my instructions, so when they come, her response is ‘Yes sir’.

“Busy as she is, she still cooks my meals and serve me herself. Many young ladies these days leave everything to the house help. My wife still trims my nails for me.”

Although the message was well-received by many of Adeboye’s followers, several feminists on social media called out the cleric for promoting patriarchy and male chauvinism.

On Twitter, Adeboye was trending at number one on Tuesday amid the raging controversy.

@_Toseen_ tweeted, “If marriage is going to be how Baba Adeboye described it, then I cannot.”

@benxta_ also tweeted, “I can’t believe Adeboye really sat down and found a way to make his wife’s birthday about himself and his power over her. A simple ‘happy birthday my love’ will do next time please.”

@ehssayy stated, “No one turned it into a gender war. It’s your wife’s birthday and yes I know the woman has chosen her path in marriage but if that’s how you praise someone you’re in love with and is supposed to be your wife then it’s just sad.”

“The definition of wife material in our country is a slavery woman. Acts like doll baby you’re a good woman,” @prettyb26275331 tweeted.

However, thousands of Tweeps came out in support of Adeboye.

Social media influencer, Japheth Omojuwa, said it was unfortunate that some youths could attack Adeboye who is a respected cleric.

A tweep, Dipo Awojide, wrote, “Listen to Pastor Adeboye when he speaks. The man is old, wise and experienced. You might not agree with everything he says, but his messages are usually filed with wisdom for those who pay attention.”

@Tifeofficial tweeted, “Normally, women are supposed to be submissive to their husbands. Pastor Adeboye was just stating facts and appreciating his wife for being submissive, so it’s stupid to insult him when he was just being right. Plus: if he was a terrible husband, submission would have been hard for her.”

https://punchng.com/feminists-at-war-with-adeboye-over-birthday-message-to-wife/

1 Like

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by chatinent: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
The word 'feminist' is a decorated variance of 'lesbianism.' Believe.

33 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
Someone cannot celebrate his wife again

1 Like

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by jawalis(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
Frustrated individual.
It is clear they can’t do those things pastor Adeboye listed his wife does and thus the endless pain in their assss

8 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Perogbangba(f): 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
Inasmuch as I can do all those things Adeboye listed above to my own husband, I still find his birthday message uncalled for because he tried to make it more of himself than the wife's. He would have praised the wife for all the good things she has done in his life and simply write how much he loved her than writing about his power over her.

13 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by LordIsaac(m): 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
Perogbangba:
Inasmuch as I can do all those things Adeboye listed above to my own husband, I still find his birthday message uncalled for because he tried to make it more of himself than the wife's. He would have praised the wife for all the good things she has done in his life and simply write how much he loved her than writing about his power over her.
No... Add that he should have praised his wife for getting a first class in Mathematics and a PhD too. Abegi

7 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by azadus18: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
Femibroke

1 Like

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by lilmax(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
If as a feminist you involve yourself in christain talk, you're nothing but a CLOWN

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Felyyaks(f): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
I find nothing wrong with his message

2 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Degrezhaa: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
Okay
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
dont mind them
i am sure dem dey eye the pastor and use this opportunity to do notice me under the guise of critisizing him for the comments on the wife"s birthday

6 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Felyyaks:
I find nothing wrong with his message
Because he is a pastor, I guess?
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Prof0fficial: 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
Perogbangba:

pained feminist spotted

10 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Raydos: 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
Most of these people attacking Adeboye are a result of broken homes ooo, Some of them their parents ain't together anymore!!

But you will see them online condemning a man who has spent over 50years in relationship with the love of his life, telling him what to do!!

16 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by KunleyY19(m): 12:50am On Jul 15, 2020
Raydos:
Most of these people attacking Adeboye are a result of broken homes ooo, Some of them their parents ain't together anymore!!

But you will see them online condemning a man who has spent over 50years in relationship with the love of his life, telling him what to do!!

Na true you talk.
Advice they can't give their parents.

16 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by KyrianOkeke(m): 1:24am On Jul 15, 2020
Raydos:

Very true... a lot of these ladies come out online to form woke, misleading younger ladies, but in secret they are dying...

Pride won't allow them to acknowledge that they need help...

In a time where it's so difficult to see people stay married for a long time, without any form of scandal or negative report, you find a man who has been with his wife for 50 years and instead of following him closely to learn something, you run him down to show that you're civilised...

Its really crazy... it's this stupid civilisation on the role of a man & a woman that is causing the marital issues we see today in society.

It's well!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by EbukaHades10(m): 2:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Feminist or no feminist, nobody asked him for all the superstory.

Adeboye, next time, resist the urge to shalaye

5 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by shilenji(m): 3:05am On Jul 15, 2020
Perogbangba:
read his message again please

3 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Gentle0wavez: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2020
He said nothing wrong in my opinion, Some men will not even celebrate the birthday day at all sef and Feminists will still complain if he doesn't appreciate his submissive wife. Leave all those angry fools
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Felyyaks(f): 8:06am On Jul 15, 2020
J111333:
Because he is a pastor, I guess?

Not at all,they have been married for so long and maybe that's his way of appreciating her and I'm sure she is OK with it

1 Like

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Jrobbie442: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2020
Dchatinent post.
The word 'feminist' is a decorated variance of 'lesbianism.' Believe.
You've nailed it... final answer
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by WoeBetide666: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2020
Feminism needs to be made illegal in this country

2 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by GreatMage: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2020
Submission...

A simple but hard thing to follow...
Why? Pride!

It's not that ladies don't know about it... They just can't accept it due to the kind of lifestyle they have indulge in...

"Wives be submissive to your husband and husbands; obey the commandments of God"

So ladies; next time you think of saying I do at the altar pls try properly accessing the man you will spend your life with.
If you can't be submissive; then don't marry at all!

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by adedayoa2(f): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2020
Your husband is the head of the house, take it or stay single.
In this world where divorce is the order of the day, instead of heeding to the advise of an experienced old man.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by adedayoa2(f): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
His message is self-centred and selfish.

that's because is wife did not have the opportunity to also state his own sacrifices and love for her. But, I still don't see anything wrong with all he stated.

3 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by GreatChizzy: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2020
adedayoa2:
In this world where divorce is the order of the day, instead of heeding to the advise of an experienced old man.

My sister it is as simple as you have put it!!!
If you know you can't submit to a man; simply stay single and retain all your ego.....

10 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by merieam16(f): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2020
Lolz. people sha
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by Faithful4real(m): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2020
Perogbangba:
I don't think you read the devotion.

1 Like

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by luminouz(m): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2020
Perogbangba:

But you dont have a husband,so shüt it...

Till you do,stay away from these kinda topics

13 Likes

Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by ruffkenny: 11:05am On Jul 15, 2020
I respect this man of God but to state that u can't cut ur nails and the submission thing is one sided,I thought it was her birthday,she was meant to be celebrated but here the pastor was talking about himself alone,that was uncalled for..let's call a spade a spade..
Re: Feminists At War With Adeboye Over Birthday Message To Wife by ehmmy11(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2020
GreatChizzy:

My sister it is as simple as you have put it!!!
If you know you can't submit to a man; simply stay single and retain all your ego.....

adedayoa2:

do you know that majority of "feminists" are lesbians who try to force their own idea on other women to join them in hating men.. Because they say they don't need a man for anything... That word "Pride" we all see it being used in the LGBTQ community

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Also Got A Strange 30k Alert Last Night ? / Who Did We Offend In This Country? Picture / Spy Camera C@tches Two SHS Students Nack!ng And F*vck!ng In Class (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.