Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate (25232 Views)

Obituary Posters And Coffin Sighted For FUTO VC Who Is Still Alive (VIDEO) / FUTO VC, Nnenna Otti, Is Not Dead / Overview Of Undergraduate Dental Surgery Courses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by ManOfCompetence(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2020
Sammy07:

I think I will have to agree with you.

I would have said Uniben, but seems they've changed.
Uniben changed their VC recently..... students were paying for subscription fee in the last administration

1 Like

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by gulfer: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2020
So why did the students pay tuition for years
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by edoairways: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
This was exactly same thing I was saying the other day....

While their mates around the globe (their fellow professors, phds and msc's) are in the lab looking for solutions to the current pandamic ravaging the whole world.......

The ones we have here in Nigeria are busy plotting, calculating and scheming on how to tax and loot the student..

In situations like this covid period, someone is plotting comfortably on how to add more burden to students and parents.......instead of been busy on how to deliver solutions from laboratory...

Professors inn thieving and thievery.
Those professors overseas are funded while ours aren't
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Vikynas: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2020
Mehn let the certificate stay with them and grow besides no Jobs.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Johnpaul01: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2020
NORSYK:

But I heard Onwuliri and Jude Njoku did well
Lol. If You Take A Walk Round Futo, You Won't Find A Single Building Commissioned By Njoku. Futo Worst Vc In History. Asiabaka Tried, Any Other Person Was A Failure
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by jstjde(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2020
Wen ur leader decide to led by example..... Nigeria is out the plan...
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by deltateam: 10:09am On Jul 15, 2020
Ctorch:
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Vc approves 20,000 naira for collection of undergraduate certifiicate.

Thieves.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Equal2DeTask(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:
When it comes to VC, Futo is the unluckiest university in the world.

My opinion, Professor Celestine Onyemobi Elihe Onwuliri remains the best VC futo has produced...

Good things don't last long....RIP Prof. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by LINTUNE(m): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2020
Alwaysachick:
Schools in the south east are just too greedy and technologically backward.

Same cert that will take them weeks to process.
u just stated the obvious fact, they are really greedy..
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by sultan003(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2020
Even abroad you will still pay to collect your certificate after paying millions in school fees....

Should they be giving out certificate for free?
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Mekas2016(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2020
I am so glad i left this country.. A country so insensitive to the plight of it citizens.
20,000naira that is even more than what some people earn in a month over there in Naija to collect a useless certificate.. Just imagine here in Europe you are earning for instance a 1000euros a month and you are asked to pay 800euros for your certificate, It is impossible �.

A country where a lecturer will attend lectures just 3 times in a semester and set an exam that even Isaac Newton can not pass, A country where university keep churning out fresh graduates every year with no provision for employment opportunities.

We were deceived back in those days that education was the key, but now the reverse has become the case, The padlock has no space for key sef..
Really pray and hope things will change in my dear country some day.

7 Likes

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by stanliwise(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Find out how much other federal schools are charging and how fast they issues the certs before using this lame excuse.
The zones or state has no control of federal institutions. So take your word back!
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by FRESHG(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2020
Alwaysachick:

HI CHICK WHY NOT MOVE STRAIGHT TO THE WEST
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Geemario: 10:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Soon, other Fed. universities would follow suit. Indeed bad omen is not good to be laid in the first instance. I trust Nigeria schools for that kind of things. I'm not against payment of certificate issuance; but the amount is too exorbitant for a Fed uni to charge; because, if so; then how much do you expect State unis to charge. Where is this country heading to ?
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by dontro(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2020
Too bad
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2020
Mekas2016:
I am so glad i left this country.. A country so insensitive to the plight of it citizens.
20,000naira that is even more than what some people earn in a month over there in Naija to collect a useless certificate.. Just imagine here in Europe you are earning for instance a 1000euros a month and you are asked to pay 800euros for your certificate, It is impossible �.

A country where a lecturer will attend lectures just 3 times in a semester and set an exam that even Isaac Newton can not pass
, A country where university keep churning out fresh graduates every year with no provision for employment opportunities.

We were deceived back in those days that education was the key, but now the reverse has become the case, The padlock has no space for key sef..
Really pray and hope things will change in my dear country some day.

grin

Lolzzzzzzzzzz

This one loud.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Integrafamoo: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:
When it comes to VC, Futo is the unluckiest university in the world.
What about EKSU?
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Shuly03(f): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2020
Ctorch:
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Vc approves 20,000 naira for collection of undergraduate certifiicate.
certificate that I collected for free�
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Karlifate: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Universities of technology are quite expensive, its thesame in FUT minna, don't know abt FUTA, yabatech compared to other polytechnics is extravagantly expensive too...plus the environment of these unis of technology is always harsh and unfriendly for learning
And most of their students have little or no social life.... Na book all the time.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Lovelyn451(f): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2020
Karlifate:

And most of their students have little or no social life.... Na book all the time.
how will they have social life when they're always extorting them...somebody will just be broke everytime
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by oshorstan(f): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2020
This is so wrong. This isn't a time to milk people of their last money. My school (Ambrose Alli ) is worst. If u nor get 40K, forget your results. As for me, I dash them because I don't have such money for my certificate
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by toprealman: 11:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Alwaysachick:

compared to?
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Chudivictor(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Johnpaul01:

Lol. If You Take A Walk Round Futo, You Won't Find A Single Building Commissioned By Njoku. Futo Worst Vc In History. Asiabaka Tried, Any Other Person Was A Failure
you are very correct
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by chukshobayo: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2020
See Esut

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by yusufmurry: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Same VC , Prof Eze that increased processing of transcript from 7k+ to about 20k within Nigeria and about 40k to overseas.

Before now, to collect undergraduate certificate was two hundred naira only, yes, N200: today, it's 20k. Prof Eze, I think you're doing well. FUTO will remember you with something

Modified: Before now for overseas postgraduate applications that require test of English score or a letter of Proof of English proficiency, to collect this letter from FUTO Registrar was FREE, this same VC came and made it 10k.

Yet no development for 6 yrs in office.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Janosky: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
This was exactly same thing I was saying the other day....

While their mates around the globe (their fellow professors, phds and msc's) are in the lab looking for solutions to the current pandamic ravaging the whole world.......

The ones we have here in Nigeria are busy plotting, calculating and scheming on how to tax and loot the student..

In situations like this covid period, someone is plotting comfortably on how to add more burden to students and parents.......instead of been busy on how to deliver solutions from laboratory...

Professors inn thieving and thievery.

These old man in the Academia have devalued the educational system they immensely benefited from many many years ago

1 Like

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Young042galaxy: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2020
chukshobayo:
See Esut
Esut is the worst when it comes to student exploitation.
We were forced to pay 15k for just matriculation o.
They impose fees as they wish cos we don't have SUG and they are the one frustrating every moves for students to have their representatives.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by ojtech8291: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2020
Time to forget about the certificate self. Many companies don't employ base on certificate again. Who certificates help? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by luckyz4rea(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
People should ask him how much he collected his own during his time! I don't know some VCs became one!
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Outrageous fee!.Why not 2000 or 3000 Naira?
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
luckyz4rea:
People should ask him how much he collected his own during his time! I don't know some VCs became one!
He is gifted in copying rubbish from most state universities in the east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check / Fed. Poly Ado-ekiti Post Utme New Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.