Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate (25241 Views)

Obituary Posters And Coffin Sighted For FUTO VC Who Is Still Alive (VIDEO) / FUTO VC, Nnenna Otti, Is Not Dead / Overview Of Undergraduate Dental Surgery Courses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
Shuly03:
certificate that I collected for free�
Yes,I collected my own free of charge too.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2020
sultan003:
Even abroad you will still pay to collect your certificate after paying millions in school fees....

Should they be giving out certificate for free?
Collecting the certificates at a moderate fee will be a good bet
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Alwaysachick:
Schools in the south east are just too greedy and technologically backward.

Same cert that will take them weeks to process.
Schools in Nigeria as a whole.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

Was Prof Asiabaka not good?

I know he improved the infrastructure of the school
Yes,he did.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
Equal2DeTask:

My opinion, Professor Celestine Onyemobi Elihe Onwuliri remains the best VC futo has produced...

Good things don't last long....RIP Prof. cry
No,Prof Chigozie Asiabaka remains the best.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by derbykol(f): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
Equal2DeTask:

My opinion, Professor Celestine Onyemobi Elihe Onwuliri remains the best VC futo has produced...

Good things don't last long....RIP Prof. cry
Late Onwuliri that flooded the whole pay roll with his kinsmen.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
samuelpeters:

About State Universities you Mentioned, they were all Established to Cater for their Indigenes First before anyother Person.
So if you want preferential treatment,go to your own State University.

If you want to pay the same Fees,then talk to Federal Govt to Implement that in all Federal Universities. It can't work in State Universities.

About the issue on ground, i Feel the Charge is too Much. But as usual, the Compains will Only end Here. By Next week people will Start paying and collect their Certificates.

Completely true, that's Nigerian students and parents, at d end of d day they won't complain or hold a protest, they would easily go to their dwindling bank accounts at withdrawal a money that they should have used to feed their children of 6 and give it to this looters and thieves in d name of education, schooling in Nigeria is a legal way of stealing and looting the poor masses without using an assault rifle!
Cursed nation!
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

The Senate has no business with what happens in state schools

Oh really! But they just passed a sexual harrasssment bill to protect students from being harassed by their profs and lecturers and its binding on all universities in Nigeria and u think Senate doesn't av say in state schools, I dare the Senate and the court to overrule this obvious injustice especially now people are struggling to get their footings after the pandemic, this isn't the time to increase fees in unis,
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by maritime1: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2020
This is hilarious...paying to collect certificate after much paying school fees. FUTO is longer the same I used to know during my time
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Naijasurveys(f): 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
If you experienced loss of smell or taste or both between Jan & June this year and you live in Nigeria, kindly click here
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
Kriss216:

States has have no control over federal schools.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by hupo: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
Despite the harsh reality of Covid 19 pandemic on the financial strength of the average Nigerian. This only thing this greedy folks can think of is fee hike.

This cuts across most universities, even University of Lagos nicodemusly did same for transcript collection and the likes.

Prior to the lockdown they charged #5000, before on could say jack it is now #10k. What a country!
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by armadeo(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2020
Interesting.

This is similar to buying goods in a shop and they now ask you to pay extra to collect your receipt.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by armadeo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
AuditCFA:
Oga!!!!

I collected my undergraduate original result from UNIBEN this yr and I did pay up to ₦1000.

Pls don't mention UNIBEN here

I didnt pay anything as fee.

Only funds spent was given freely by me. They didnt even stress me at all.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by FAIRALL(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
Unfortunately, a substantial number of their graduates earn less than 20k. It's a pity. Besides, what's the FUTA Alumni Association meant for?
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Shepherdboy229: 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
BlowYourMind:
imagine, that is outrageous
Delta. state University, Abraka Delta State pays 39k for certificate
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Psylas2: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Same way they were appointed Na same way their counterpart in kano are appointed.

But the ones here are too exploitative and greedy all targeted on how to milk the student.

The fvcking Nigerian system made it to be so,

Same way Nigerian police extort money from motorists and even kill them in the name of ROJA.

Same way SARS extort from people.

This is why we need Restructuring and Decentralisation of Power or Disintegration.

We need to control ourselves by ourselves.
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by Nonson(m): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
so this is what Eze has to offer? nawa oo. this reminds me of when he was the dean of faculty of sciences (school of sciences). Eze get mind oo. even now that people are suffering amidst covid-19 pandemic??
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by ojtopsy: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
Pathetic School, Pathetic Society and a pathetic Nation

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by mamatwiny(f): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
The current Vc is just out to make money.
Check the amount they collect from transcript? Sending to Europe is 35k official fee when their mates in UNN and Nau collect far less and it will even be received faster. Apply for transcript in the portal, 3 months you won't get it. For verification, you still pay another fee for transcript they issued .

They should just change the name to Private University of technology , Imo and remove the federal from it cos state schools seem cheaper than what is obtained there currently.

I wonder why NUC has just turned a blind eye to all these? There should be limits to these approved fees the way CBN regulates fees for banks.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by mamatwiny(f): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
Spy360:
Our education is certificate based where as in other countries it is ability based. Make Futo chop their certificate, who e help

E dey help too. Collect it as soon as possible. Very soon they will increase it to 100k and if devil come do something, fire enter the place we're Dem keep am that one will be another long story.

You might need it urgently and FUTO will take 3 months, if not 5 months to locate it
Re: FUTO VC Approves N20,000 For Collection Of Undergraduate Certificate by deltateam: 4:54am On Jul 16, 2020
Kriss216:

Who appointed those incharge? State government?

It's not about who appointed who but the mentality on ground.

He gave you a simple assignment to find out if it's same with the other federal universities and you are delving into unnecessary hanky panky.

Go and task the students in north like that nah if your mama no born you well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check / Professor Haruna Wakili Is Dead. Sule Lamido Mourns / Kebbi Car-maker, Muzzamil Umar On Training (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.