Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others (66341 Views)

APIN: Kano Footwear Factory That Produces 1.2 Million Pairs Daily / Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by showafrica(m): 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
MightySparrow:
The chestbeaters claim that the north has nothing. Up in the thread, an undergraduate in gombe built a gas turbine that generates electricity. they say, 'apart from gworo the north knows next to nothing.'

Only if this country will be divided, we will all see the potentials in the north. They are not lazy but this oil thing is making them to relax. I still think north will come out better after 5yrs of independence.

1 Like

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by abduljabbar4(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Kennydoc:

Building a good reputation with Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen and bandits? Building reputation with millions of Almajiri children littered all over the northern states? Building reputation by making Nigeria the poverty capital of the world?
Which kind of reputation are you really building?

Say whatever you want, but an Almajiri that only gets money when someone willingly donates is far better than the idiots from your region that are always learning how to wipe out people's bank accounts. Even Zambians are now maltreating and disrespecting us because of your love for drug trade and Yahoo.

Those are domestic issues, and wherever you go, you find them. Kano state today is better than Chicago in terms of security (in my opinion). When I talk about reputation, I'm talking about how we are perceived outside the shores of this country. Some parts of London are even using Hausa as a language to cater for northern travelers. The average Hausa man will get a Visa faster than a southerner. Why is it so? Because despite all of our shortcomings, we don't go outside to constitute a nuisance unlike your people that are arrested everyday and killed in places like Indonesia.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by MightySparrow: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
showafrica:

Only if this country will be divided, we will all see the potentials in the north. They are not lazy but this oil thing is making them to relax. I still think north will come out better after 5yrs of independence.
I lived in the north a while and saw how industrious these people are, good percentage of food we eat is from there.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by irumanle(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
Fariq:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvieAli/status/1283371735388164096
Wow, good news from Nigeria after a long time.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Arrewa: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
Rich4god:

Arrewa my man... Are you back. I dey always like your comment when it's not about tribalism. One day we go organize Nairaland get together Kano chapter.
naso...I hope to meet my fellow nairalanders in kano on a very good day...

For me to show you people the positive sides of the the north... The media isn't showing you...

I'm always open to welcome fellow nairalanders to my state.

And for tribalism... I don't pompous bigotry and hatred for about the online banter.

I want a better Nigeria or a peaceful disintegration of this country....

We can go our different ways and still trade among ourselves, we all have the potentials to survive on our own...

But I still believe in a restructured Nigerian.

We are not heading to the right direction with this current system of Nigeria.

The current leaders are using the opportunity of the disunity among the masses to loot and embezzle the future of this country and still go scot free...

We the young people must think and do the needful

1 Like

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by MrBONE2(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
fiizznation:
I will keep saying this; the only advantage Lagos have over kano is the sea-port. Well I believe with time and by electing the right leaders at every level of government in the state, kano state will surely overthrow Lagos as the real commercial hub of Nigeria.

God bless kano state.
Great One of KiVuKiLand bless Africans grin

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Xisnin(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
lucasalves:

you probably need it in a country where people are wired to believe that imported goods are a statement of class
There are still imported carpets in the market.
Most people can't even tell carpets and rugs brands apart, they are only interested in quality and durable products.

From this article, the factory's competitors are products from Asia.

Those who believe in buying classy carpets(a tiny minority) will actually seek out the more expensive
products from non-Asian countries because Asia products implicitly mean inferior or cheap.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Bluntemperor: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blacckrod:
This is admirable! With more meaningful details and better quality I bet they would sell more expensive than Anatolian or Persian rugs.

I love this!.This should also throw a challenge to ALL Governors of Southwest especially and in fact the whole Southern Nigeria, that you can make a London out of your State as done by Chief Awolowo then,instead of diverting the Resources of the State for selfish end.
We want to see a more creative Lagos where all roads are tarred,more industries established.Lagos is the industrial hubs of Nigeria,governor Sanwo-Olu,over to you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by xcon: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
seguno2:

How much does Kano contribute to the federation account, if your talking is not bullshit crap?
How much is the state contributing monthly
. KANU and Kaduna IGR are more than the entire SE combined.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Olominira(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
fiizznation:
I will keep saying this; the only advantage Lagos have over kano is the sea-port. Well I believe with time and by electing the right leaders at every level of government in the state, kano state will surely overthrow Lagos as the real commercial hub of Nigeria.

God bless kano state.
Stop there!
Kano is doing great and would be a successful city very soon but wouldn't catch up with Lagos in 20yrs. Lagos currently leads the entire Africa in tech. It's a birth city of tech, number one in Africa. Nearly all new techs springing up in West Africa are coming from Lagos.

Mention it; Jumia, Konga, 360 Logistics, Gokada, and several others. The number of accelerators in Lagos alone is more than what we have in the entire East Africa.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by NLandIsHypocrit: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
xcon:
. The North will agree to stand on their own if SE agree to stand on their own without attaching to SS.
Why so?
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Rilwayne001: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
abduljabbar4:

That one is a domestic issue. Save for Abdulmutallab, we don't export our bad habits abroat.

What's the difference between exporting it abroad and keeping it domestic?

Do you know how much in Foreign Direct investment (FDI) that enters into this country? For your mind, despite the fact that we have bad eggs that tarnish the image of this country and 'export' the bad habits, between the North and the South, where do you think any top US company would like to set their foot?

Are you even aware how many US and other foreign and multinational companies that are situated in Lagos, and would not even for once think of ever coming up not? The reason isn't far-fetched.
1. The level of illiteracy will not afford them making sales.
2. Boko haram, Fulani herdsman, banditry, religious fanaticism, and riots etc, are enough insecurities that damper the effects of development.

All these are critical issues that needs to be looked into up North as a matter of fact. Without these things being checkmated, you have no argument to even compare Kano to Lagos.

Forget the fraud and tarnishing of images. Northern politicians are the worse of all corrupt politicians. And the effect of this is why we keep having people dip their hands in dirts down here.

At least the average northerner will not be mistreated outside the country. What about you people with all the disgraceful crimes you commit everyday?

This is not in tandem with this thread. We are talking domestic issue now, not offshore. Which destination would an American be picking when coming to Nigeria, north or south?

2 Likes

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Arrewa: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
kiddkash:

the old folks refuse to be removed.
I am Igbo, but if they see the youths are uniting,
they will put notion is peoples heads like Biafra, lazy youth, yahoo boy
like magu when his sins were catching up to him, he always brought out some boys with laptops
and parade them saying they are yahoo boys and the people and
cameras will be fixated on them and the youths will never take a stand
if you want better things, they will send DSS
I don't really believe Buhari has all the powers, there are cabals that always hijack countries
they never show there faces, they prefer working in the shadows
hausa, fulani, yoruba, Igbo, niger delta. they are all complicit

those old men that have more than enough for up to 100 lifetimes are holding this country hostage
and are still wanting more
The power this old people posses is the disunity of the masses!

We support and praise thieves instead of going after them...

We Celebrate mediocrity...

We give more attention to religion instead of development and industrialization.

We must change that mentality...
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by dlox147(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
MightySparrow:
No tribalism bro. I am proudly oodua, married to my tribe all my children bear Igbo names. These brothers and sisters from Igboland play wrong politics and carriage. They cry foul about the rest maginalizing them. I want them to be angry and think and have positive approach to relationships. If they get their biafra, are they going to live alone? They will created more problems for those who will outside region and have more than they had in South Africa, my approach may be harsh.
No wahala chief
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
lucasalves:

you know you just can't pull anything out of your ass and call it facts right?? neck and what did I hear you say? you do know long before the British arrived there was already trade with the Portuguese right? If you really want to prop up Kano as the champion in the north then pls by all means do... (you will competing with the likes of Zamfara, kogi, adamawa e t.c) not exactly the elite list but the distance between Kano and Lagos can best be understood by calculating the distance of the earth from the sun. Look at the literacy level alone a key factor in attracting investment and tell me how Kano compares

Go and read your history and stop coming here spewing nonsense. Kano was already an industrial, trade and religious hub before the arrival of the portugese. there are many old school yoruba industrialist who started out in Kano an example being late Mrs Tejuoso. The great wall of kano was constructed 500 years before the Europeans even knew what was Lagos. It is actually the trade the brough islam to Kano and Northern Africa preceedes the arrival of the Europeans.

Common sense should have dictated to you that places that were accesible by land via camels and horses and donkeys are likely to have had greater traffic and hence trade flow than places only accesible by large ships. Kano was a centre of trade between north Africa, east Africa and Arabia. this is on record and well documented if only you stop being a Nigerian and actually read before talking. Islam arrived in Northern Nigeria at least 1 century before christianity, this would tell you if your brain was functioning correctly that foreigners from Arabia were in Nigeria before the Europeans, what were they doing there if not trade? It is also on record that the richest man that ever lived was Mansa Musa a man from Mali. Mali is next to kano, so that tells you kano has been in trade for a looong time, while we were still catching fish in Lagos.

I am not from Kano or a northerner, i an yoruba and a christian because I know with you people you will bring tribe or religion into the matter. I am just stating facts. I am also old enough to know how kano was in the 80s before the decline.

I advice you to read more!!! You are the kind of person who doesnt know that Africans had the kind of technology that shocked even the Europeans. You are the klind of person who doesnt know that the North was a very sophisticated knowledge based system before the Europeans arrived. You are the kind of person who doesnt know Africans had metallurgy that was ahead of the Europeans etc etc.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Kano-Nigeria

"The city’s capture by the British in 1903 and the opening of the railway from Lagos (715 miles southeast) in 1912 changed the direction of trade south to the Gulf of Guinea."

https://books.openedition.org/ifra/894?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansa_Musa

In case you havent heard of the trans Sahara trade routes, below is 1400AD before the white man set foot in Lagos

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by AnanseK(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
Fantasticcc:
But they can't still stay alone,wicked things,you enjoy our oil but hide your gold.let's disintegrate and see who will suffer.

Check out what your brothers are doing at NDDC,and what your Governors are doing with your money. None of those wicked and selfish people are Northerners.

About separation, we need to encourage a referendum to decide if we Nigerians want to remain as one country. I will actively participate in promoting and advocating for a referendum. My opinion is of course we should separate.

Call me anytime if you need separatists supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by ajl: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Abohboy:
This is how Nigeria will become developed. By refining raw materials and exporting them. Rather than exporting raw cotton and buying back a product made from it at five times the original value.

Hopefully it's a Nigerian or African that own that factory and not some Lebanese or Chinese. Because if it's so, all that dollar is heading out to middle-east or Asia.

1 Like

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by ajl: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
isthatso:

Go and read your history and stop coming here spewing nonsense. Kano was already an industrial, trade and religious hub before the arrival of the portugese. there are many old school yoruba industrialist who started out in Kano an example being late Mrs Tejuoso. The great wall of kano was constructed 500 years before the Europeans even knew what was Lagos. It is actually the trade the brough islam to Kano and Northern Africa preceedes the arrival of the Europeans.

Common sense should have dictated to you that places that were accesible by land via camels and horses and donkeys are likely to have had greater traffic and hence trade flow than places only accesible by large ships. Kano was a centre of trade between north Africa, east Africa and Arabia. this is on record and well documented if only you stop being a Nigerian and actually read before talking. Islam arrived in Northern Nigeria at least 1 century before christianity, this would tell you if your brain was functioning correctly that foreigners from Arabia were in Nigeria before the Europeans, what were they doing there if not trade? It is also on record that the richest man that ever lived was Mansa Musa a man from Mali. Mali is next to kano, so that tells you kano has been in trade for a looong time, while we were still catching fish in Lagos.

I am not from Kano or a northerner, i an yoruba and a christian because I know with you people you will bring tribe or religion into the matter. I am just stating facts. I am also old enough to know how kano was in the 80s before the decline.

I advice you to read more!!! You are the kind of person who doesnt know that Africans had the kind of technology that shocked even the Europeans. You are the klind of person who doesnt know that the North was a very sophisticated knowledge based system before the Europeans arrived. You are the kind of person who doesnt know Africans had metallurgy that was ahead of the Europeans etc etc.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Kano-Nigeria

"The city’s capture by the British in 1903 and the opening of the railway from Lagos (715 miles southeast) in 1912 changed the direction of trade south to the Gulf of Guinea."

https://books.openedition.org/ifra/894?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansa_Musa

You made a great point. It's right to believe that cities like Kano that are closer to or are along the route of trans-sahara trade were thriving with well to do inhabitants far more than southern parts of present-day Nigeria who were mostly not accessible because of the dense forest, and had to wait until coming of the Europeans via the ocean, which sadly brought slavery. Of course Arabs did that too up north. But my point here is that many northern cities were far more economically buoyant and had more enlightened people than Southern parts of today's Nigeria. They were closer to Timbuktu, the city of knowledge where many used to go in the past to get educated.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
These people low key generating cool $$$$ while giving people employment. Nice
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
ajl:

You made a great point. Its right to believe cities like Kano that are close to or along the route of trans-sahara trade were thriving with well to do inhabitants far more than southern Nigeria who mostly not accessible because of the dense forest, and had to wait until coming of the Europeans via the ocean, which sadly brought slavery. Of course Arabs did that too up north. But my point here is many northern cities were more economically buoyant than Southern parts of today's Nigeria.

I agree with that people tend to equate poverty in the North with a lack of history or sophistication. if anything they are a more sophisticated schorlarly society, it's just that they run a different kind of society. The mistake we make is we judge the North from the prism and lense of the western society and education.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
omenka:
And while Kano state is doing so, Lagos would remain where they currently are abi?

Bros, fear Allah o.

cheesy grin
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by abduljabbar4(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
Rilwayne001:

What's the difference between exporting it abroad and keeping it domestic?

Do you know how much in Foreign Direct investment (FDI) that enters into this country? For your mind, despite the fact that we have bad eggs that tarnish the image of this country and 'export' the bad habits, between the North and the South, where do you think any top US company would like to set their foot?

Are you even aware how many US and other foreign and multinational companies that are situated in Lagos, and would not even for once think of ever coming up not? The reason isn't far-fetched.
1. The level of illiteracy will not afford them making sales.
2. Boko haram, Fulani herdsman, banditry, religious fanaticism, and riots etc, are enough insecurities that damper the effects of development.

All these are critical issues that needs to be looked into up North as a matter of fact. Without these things being checkmated, you have no argument to even compare Kano to Lagos.

Forget the fraud and tarnishing of images. Northern politicians are the worse of all corrupt politicians. And the effect of this is why we keep having people dip their hands in dirts down here.

This is not in tandem with this thread. We are talking domestic issue now, not offshore. Which destination would an American be picking when coming to Nigeria, north or south?

That's anotber issue with you folks. Everything is Lagos, Lagos and Lagos. It is only natural that Lagos would get more foreign investments than any other region in Nigeria. It has been the capital of Nigeria for decades and all the key elements needed for rapid development (sea ports, diversity, etc) are the things that made Lagos what is is today. That's exactly why no other SW state has been able to replicate the success of Lagos. Lagos is the result of the collective handwork of Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, and all the other tribes that have been making investments there.

Take Abuja for instance. Before it became a capital, who cared about it? But ever since it was named the FTC, foreign investments have been coming in and even if the FTC is moved to another place, Abuja will never stop growing so please, spare me all that bullcrap.

In case you don't know, even in Borno, Boko Haram is no longer a big threat as it was under your useless son's government. Yes, they still kill but the days of taking over LGs are over. Southerners erroneously think that Boko Haram is still killing us in thousands everyday but that isn't the case. They do no more damage than the cultists and skull miners that are scattered all over your region. The Fulani Bandits are the major issue now but other than in states like Zamfara, Kebbi and Katsina, they are not significant in any way.

Talking about religious riots, I would love to hear more about that from you. There are 19 northern states and with the exception of SOME PARTS of Kaduna south, I don't hear about religious or ethnic clashes here.

About education, I agree with you. We are behind the southern region BUT you will be shocked in the next ten years. Parents now send their children to school everywhere in the north. Your perception about the north is what it used to be like 20 years ago. There is currently a massive change.

Saying that the north steal more than the south is a lame joke. It is on record that Nigerian politicians are thieves. There is no distinction here, because for every Andrew Yakubu, Abacha, Shettima and Magu that we have, there is a corresponding Alamiesaigha, Tinubu, Tompolo, Diezani and Stella Oduah in the south.

No, the politicians are not the ones that push to commit and then GLORIFY cyber fraud. Hushpuppy stole over a billion naira in the past, but that did not stop him from continuing to steal, all the while having millions of docile, lazy southern youths singing praises for him on Instagram. There are thousands of Nigerians that have made it to countries without northern politicians, but they still had to do what their parents in the south encourage them to do: steal, rob, sell drugs, defraud, sell sex, etc.

I want you to check quota and see things for yourself. Search something like "why are Nigerians hated" and hear from other countries. The Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in south Africa is not completely without a reason. Even online, Nigeria is one of the most restricted countries in the world because of your fraudulent behaviors. On EBay there is a golden rule of NEVER SELLING TO NIGERIANS. This is not the handwork of the illiterate northerners, its your doing.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by abduljabbar4(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Shut up you idiotic useless tribalistic jingoistic buffoon

Uneducated tout

Another son of a pig on the loose

1 Like

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Realtalk20: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Another son of a pig on the loose

Again you failed

Useless thing , I don't need to be ibo to speak up again the animal you are

Useless bastard
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by SmartPolician: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bighead9:

I'm an Igbo man and the thing just dey give me severe pains.

Make i pack my load relocate to Kano, in search of greener pasture. Recession don hold East.

Isi Aki

grin grin grin
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Rich4god(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
Arrewa:
naso...I hope to meet my fellow nairalanders in kano on a very good day...

For me to show you people the positive sides of the the north... The media isn't showing you...

I'm always open to welcome fellow nairalanders to my state.

And for tribalism... I don't pompous bigotry and hatred for about the online banter.

I want a better Nigeria or a peaceful disintegration of this country....

We can go our different ways and still trade among ourselves, we all have the potentials to survive on our own...

But I still believe in a restructured Nigerian.

We are not heading to the right direction with this current system of Nigeria.

The current leaders are using the opportunity of the disunity among the masses to loot and embezzle the future of this country and still go scot free...

We the young people must think and do the needful
There is something you said which is the reality... The current setting of Nigeria isn't leading us to anywhere. For me, am all out for restructuring. That's the best thing for us, if properly handled.

On the get together, we might strt advertising for it, hopefully to use it as new year celebration.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Testimony1988(m): 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is nice.
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by MightySparrow: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
dlox147:
No wahala chief
Thanks
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by abduljabbar4(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Realtalk20:

Again you failed

Useless thing , I don't need to be ibo to speak up again the animal you are

Useless bastard

Yup that's it! He is inyamiri. I bet you never met your father. Was he executed in Malaysia or Indonesia?

1 Like

Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Ahamefuna0001(m): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
xcon:
. KANU and Kaduna IGR are more than the entire SE combined.

And what has it benefitted them?
Is their life and living standard more better than the Low IGR South East?
Re: Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others by Ahamefuna0001(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Yup that's it! He is inyamiri. I bet you never met your father. Was he executed in Malaysia or Indonesia?

Hope you met yours before he was bombed by Boko Haram?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike / 10 Ways To Prove You're A Legitimate Online Based Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.