Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (28941 Views)

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / 21-Year-Old Lady Discovers Her Dad Was Not Her Real Father In A Biology Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by appliedscience(m): 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
My wife prefer to call me dear....at home n in d public..... But am not use to calling her Dat.. I prefer to call her first name.... But at home n in d public.... Each time I call her by her name, it reminds me of the lady I fell in love with, the lady I chase wella to get...... Dat to me means a lot Dan any pet name.... Even after millions of years, she will stil be layo to me...... After all our children grows n leave to be on their own.... Gues wot I stil ve my layo beside me... So simple yet divine...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Chudivictor(m): 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
why the sad face, my dear? smile for me nau
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Mosco100(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
That's their own business.
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:42am On Jul 18, 2020
Mkayfrenzy:

Not baby... just babe
Thanks but not comfortable with it
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by luckyz4rea(m): 5:05am On Jul 18, 2020
JidennaJason:
"The worst thing to happen to man, nah see finish"

I have heard some ladies say that if they can't call their partners "playful" names like "Big Nose" "Cow head" "Dog brain" and "Goat Mouth" they ain't in a relationship with the right person.

We shouldn't get all serious in a relationship and at the same time we shouldn't give room for stupidity.

Calling me by my first name is not disrespectful, but calling it like you gave birth to me and the sole administrator of my life in public, that's where I will draw the line.

This person is a lady I guess
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by ABOVEDELAW: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2020
SO IT'S OK TO CALL THEM FUNMIMI, KEMIMI, YEMIMI ETC,
Ariza:
I think "Dear" is the normal word people accept.

Couples can also create pet names for themselves too, in my tribe "Ayanfe" "olami" ,"ademi" are very common and people don't react negatively to such name. How they come up with them? Shorten your partner's name and personalize it by adding "Mi" ( Mine).
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Zeebah07(f): 7:18am On Jul 18, 2020
[/color][color=#006600]I call my Man OBA (acronym of his names) and He calls me OLORI OBA or AJIKE both in or out. We are so used to the names that it comes so natural.
bukatyne:
Some people use basic nicknames, names of their kids, their titles or just call their attention and talk to them.
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by IMASTEX: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2020
Pavore9:
Proper is relative, every couple have what works for them.
Compatibility is unique.
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by bfn1: 10:01am On Jul 18, 2020
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by bfn1: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2020
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by GodPunishBiafra: 10:19am On Jul 18, 2020
clockwisereport:
call me John in public and you go on automatic sabbatical leave
Kid...
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Boblanre: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2020
My neighbours.
Wife stood outside and was repeatedly calling "Baby!" at the top of her voice, apparently asking her husband (who was inside the house) to come outside.

Sounded awkward to me.
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by GodPunishBiafra: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2020
Angeldada55:

There's nothing wrong in your partner calling you by name in public. Of course, i know it could happen the other way round but that's not the subject.

And the best apology is CHANGED CHARACTER - when you carry your own water, you'll learn the value of every drop �[color=#000099][/color][/i][i][b][/b][center][/center]

I find this nonsense picture inappropriate.

Only a b1tch will snap this...
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Perogbangba(f): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2020
Whatever rocks your boat... But to me, it is a no no.
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by clockwisereport: 10:51am On Jul 18, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Kid...

adult

dont take everything you see on social media too personal
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by marz17(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2020
My babe has been calling me by my nick since day 1 (8 years ago) and i don't have a problem with it!
MARZ!
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Orange22: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2020
[s]
GodPunishBiafra:

Kid...
[/s]
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Orange22: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2020
[s]
GodPunishBiafra:

[/s]
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by bukatyne(f): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
Zeebah07:
[/color][color=#006600]I call my Man OBA (acronym of his names) and He calls me OLORI OBA or AJIKE both in or out. We are so used to the names that it comes so natural.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Alennsar(f): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
Well, I normally address my husband as "honey" until my six years old was asked to say her father's name and she said his name is honey. If anybody ask her to go and call her father, she will just come and say "honey somebody is calling you" so I try to explain it Better to her but I always address him as honey even in the presence of battalions.
I really don't want my spouse to address me like a stranger. And moreover there's nothing bad in being romantic.
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Angeldada55(m): 5:17am On Jul 19, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Then leave the bitch alone !!!

Why una like yo waste energy on things wey no matter sef ; dat na why people like you dey collect beating outside - imagine say na for my front you talk this nonsense and the *bitch* na my wife ( I for best you like say tomorrow no dey )

Wetin dem write no do you - na the *bitch* enter your eye - mugu !!!
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by GodPunishBiafra: 5:40am On Jul 19, 2020
Angeldada55:

Then leave the bitch alone !!!

Why una like yo waste energy on things wey no matter sef ; dat na why people like you dey collect beating outside - imagine say na for my front you talk this nonsense and the *bitch* na my wife ( I for best you like say tomorrow no dey )

Wetin dem write no do you - na the *bitch* enter your eye - mugu !!!
Lol!
Beating?
Me?
E be like say life don taya you....
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Angeldada55(m): 5:47am On Jul 19, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Lol!
Beating?
Me?
E be like say life don taya you....

A ju ara wá lo, bi t'ijakadi ko...
Ma lo wa o !!!
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by GodPunishBiafra: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Angeldada55:

A ju ara wá lo, bi t'ijakadi ko...
Ma lo wa o !!!
Oun bẹ...
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Angeldada55(m): 5:59am On Jul 19, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Oun bẹ...

Earn ni e o !!!
Egba l'onje e !
O de ma je yo...
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by GodPunishBiafra: 6:01am On Jul 19, 2020
Angeldada55:

Earn ni e o !!!
Egba l'onje e !
O de ma je yo...
Refer back to my first response
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Angeldada55(m): 6:24am On Jul 19, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Refer back to my first response

Mtcheeeew
Elenu petepete
Re: Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? by Ishilove: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2020
JidennaJason:

Maybe you should devote one day to view the WhatsApp status of some of your contact and see dumb caption like;

"Bitch mode activated"

"Just a bad bitch doing my thing"

"Covid-19 can't stop me, I am a bitch with a difference"

I waste no seconds to block those senseless môrons.

I unfriend such people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Mother's Day: Share Those Annoying Things Your Mum Used To Do You Now Appreciate / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.