Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers (47651 Views)

Bitcoin Scammers Hacked High Profile U.S Twitter Accounts - Obama, Bill Gates / High Profile Twitter Account Hijacked By Security Firm / Twitter Accounts For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Buzx: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2020
dvkot:
yeah. quite thru theres a major difference between scammer and hacker. while majority of jackets are scammers not all scammers are hackers

You're very correct, brother. It's so advanced.

"Twitter said late Wednesday that its investigation had uncovered an operation that targeted Twitter employees to gain access to internal systems and tools."
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by icebird25(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2020
But looking at the format used by the hacker..this one na old tele tele Nigeria format naw..
But I don't think Nigeria can pull off such a high profile hacking
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by israelp(m): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2020
most 9ja boys are scammers (low class hacker)n nt hackers..even if a 9ja do dis,it wil b traced in seconds
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by israelp(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2020
icebird25:
But looking at the format used by the hacker..this one na old tele tele Nigeria format naw..
But I don't think Nigeria can pull off such a high profile hacking
lolz dis 1 na advance 1,nt dose shit we do here
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by israelp(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2020
prodev449:
This is some high level vulnerability exploitation. Twitter might not even have a clue of how they did it that's why they deactivated tweeting from verified accounts.
lolz even twitter support was hacked,n some 9ja here are saying itz a 9ja scam format
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by ashawopikin(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2020
LilMissRobbie:
Verified Twitter accounts can not tweet as of now because Twitter is currently working on rectifying the breach. That's the reason why our duuurrrrling NCDC is yet to knack us today's livescores grin cheesy grin
lol
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by JBoss25(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2020
NewDelhi:
This one lose 15,000 worth of btc lol
the guy na fool
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by sexylassie2(f): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2020
It was done by some twitter employees
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Laboni: 8:42am On Jul 16, 2020
BlackNeo:
Truth is the perpetrator will be caught pa. This is a big scam. I don't think the person doesn't want to be caught. These are big targets. The scammer wants to pass a message and he knows he will be caught. Lol the entire force of law and investigation will fall on him. By the time the heavy hands of US law agencies serve subpoenas all around, every company that he used their tools will hand over all the info they have to get him. He intentionally bleeped with the big fish. Of course he will be caught
That’s if he used US or US based company.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Laboni: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2020
The hackers obviously penetrated Twitter servers via one of her staff’s system.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2020
IBvoss:
Could it have been done by the U.S Army? I recently saw an article that said the U.S army department is getting serious about developing a cryptocurrency tracker.

Could be they planned the attack to create controversy about the dangers of bitcoin and subliminally influence the wealthy private investors to partake in their crypto-tracker program.
I highly doubt the us army is involved undecided
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Eillyeillz(m): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2020
And to think my account got suspended last night. Goes to show no account is safest, verified or not.

ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GO ABOUT GETTING MY ACCOUNT BACK PLEASE?? THAT'T MY SECOND IN FOUR MONTHS.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by sexylassie2(f): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2020
Lordspicy:
Where is sexylassie2 comman follow this case up. Awon fbi investigator

The hack is an inside job by some twitter employees who used twitter admin platform to do the heist.

Pls stop mentioning me, if you can not read press release of the supposed heist.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Ayomarcel(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2020
I can assure u that over 1m of people would have sent some bitcoin to that address.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Clicked: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2020
Folarinibrahim1:
continue to deceive yourself bro. I've friends that shut down school network, manipulate the system, target different big sites and gain access. Trust me, a lot of things are possible when hackers come together to pull a job. Tho I'm not saying a Nigerian did this but we have good hackers here too, no caps.

This particular scam looks like an insider job to me. Maybe a former Twitter employee.

Lol @school network. Are you really comparing a Nigerian school's website to Twitter? Nigerian companies don't even have secure websites and you're talking about schools.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by jaeyking(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2020
donatus101:
Major cash outs I won't be surprised if Nigerians pulled this off

then u will be shocked.
cuz Nigerians can't pull this off.
probably an inside job or advanced countries like China, Japan, India even the usa
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by cRobo: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2020
IBvoss:
It might be China! lol. Think about it, they've been threatening retaliation on the US for the recent heavy sanctions and ban of Huawei 5g in UK. This is just a warm-up.

that's good thinking outside the box
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 16, 2020
sirblend:

Has he recovered from betting addiction?.
Cos I am interested in such customized VPN.

What do you do for a living
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by ThugBoy(m): 9:16am On Jul 16, 2020
No lazy youth for Nigeria, naija boyz dey vex
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2020
pyrex23:

old pic.. they gave almost about 1000 btc..
Paste the wallet address here. I checked, it's still 12btc.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by EazyJ(f): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2020
loneprof:
Some of you typing "Nigerians" seem not to know that IT knowledge in this part of the world is still limited. Scams like this one are usually the work of an insider or from more advanced countries like Russia, China, India or the US itself. I don't really know for sure, but I'm willing to bet it's not a Nigerian. Hushpuppi and co. just send business compromise emails to get account details with fake internet IDs, I believe this is way advanced...
I agree with you. The countries you mentioned including Pakistan are way ahead of us when it comes to IT.
Don't mind those saying otherwise.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by anyicash(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2020
Osamagioghowewi:
I m waiting for Twitter CEO respond grin grin grin

I Dey wait for who go criticize Nigeria as the biggest scamming nation, we still Dey learn, now because our government Dey join give us bad image
The image Nigeria has now was totally caused by our leaders or sorry looters.
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by CODEIN: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2020
seanwilliam:
leave dem make dem dey yarn dust.

Be like say dem no know wetin naija boys dey capable of
Stfu codeine user

Naija na baby when it comes to the real hacking, u naija ingots keep hyping naija in everything. If naija truly sabi hacking as una dey hype dem make one naija hacker comot millions from any of the looters in politics who have stole from the govt in broad day light
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by CODEIN: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2020
seanwilliam:
dis guy , u deserve correct beating.. wetin u dey yarn for mouth .. nobody in this world wey some naija guys no fit hack.. depends on the tools and timing... no dey talk wetin u no know.. this your post reeks of inferiority complex ... and some naija hackers no dey naija, most dey Asian and Arabian countries.. take wetin u know..
Try get sense na

Even if na naija fit do this kind hacking

U think say na dem go create the hacking tools required to do it?

As dem dey asian and arabian countries na play or na learn dem go learn am from there?

No be those asian and arabian hackers go teach dem?

Upon still, no be naija hand do this one, wetin na.

Everything una go don dey hype naija, dis kind hacking na hacking wey pipu wey sabi pass pipu wey program twitter sef, and if u still think say na naija do this, den why dem never use the skill hack bank accounts of naija billionaire looters wey don thief govt money so tey dem no know how to spend am?

Una no dey think at all
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by CODEIN: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2020
Poshriel:
It will take just three secondary school naija boys who are serious to pull this. Nigeria is highy Hi tech ooh
stfu goan sit somewhere, naija small boys learn phishing take dey hack fb accts of their fellow poor locals take dey find victims una go dey call dem hackers, naija small boys chamge password of person wey no forget to log out their social network from their phone kon change d password , una go call dem hackers,

keep hyping ur secondary school naija boys wey still dey beg gift cards to collect from one whitey but to you na serious hacker why dem no use the hacking skills hack amazon and gift card stores na.....

Una too mumu for nigeria
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by Greensquard(m): 9:45am On Jul 16, 2020
grin grin ;DNa so the thing go..#youngrichandhandsome...dm me to join the train
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by anyicash(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2020
urchcoded:

I won't be surprised too. The format is wack. And resemble naija format
yes, you are a critical thinker..the format is too local..you can't expect a processional hacker claiming to be bill gate or joe biden etc to use that localised tone to deceive people..the English was the same to all these Binono or Binary local scammers.

1 Like

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by CODEIN: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2020
fairheart:

grin grin grin
Clown! Do you think hacking is like pressing Nokia or Tecno phone?
You see that hacking wey happen so, na oga hackers dey behind it.
Twitter uses some of the highest level of security layers available.
Nigeria is not close to anything when it comes to tech.

All those things Hushpuppi dey do, na buy them buy the tools they are using to scam.
Ordinary VPN, nigeria no fit make. You need serious exposure
Abeg tell them ooo

All these fools go just come nairaland kon dey tok rubbish.

Na so dem hype hushpuppy and invictus obi etc as if dem sabi wetin dem dey call hacking

All the online fraud wey naija dey do, who teach them? all the tools dem dey use who create am? All the websites dem dey enter to commit fraud, who program am?

How can a bunch of sand brain people ruled by generation of cattle herders who cannot make but still import tooth pick do this kind of hacking na im dem no commot millions from bank accounts of legislooter and sinators wey dey spoil their country.

Ingots wey no dey think before dem tok

1 Like

Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by shogsman(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2020
loneprof:

Bros Bill Gates' account was hacked. No be Naija scammer go run that kind package. E too advanced. Try Russians, Chinese etc... Not Naija. Hopefully the culprit would be caught soon and we'll see. Till then I rest my case.
See this mumu,ordinary ibadan boys here go hack them for cruise ,you no know anything
Re: High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers by jayworld15(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2020
Naijaarchive:

48~52 million naira if converted grin Chai

One bitcoin is 9.09million dollars
12.8 * 9.09=116million dollars

JESUS!

Those guys are made men for life

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins / Project Topics In Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.