Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World (81553 Views)

10 Surreal Abandoned Places In The World / Man Designed Off-road Wheel Chair For Wife To Go Places And People Are Demanding / Hailstones Damaged Dozens Of Cars And Several Buildings In Romania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:08am On Jul 19, 2020
Below is one of sarakis abandoned project in kwara state. Neglected and left to rot.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2020
Another one from the federal government of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2020
an abandoned mansion left to rot on the outskirts of London. It contains an abandoned Bentley, half played snooker game, a telescope stands ready for use, but the house has been left for years . Inside the house , a piano waits to be played. It's rumoured that the house were owned by a Russian family who later fled to black Russia for unknown reasons.

6 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2020
More on the London house

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2020
An Abandoned house in Japan

Inside an abandoned Manor house in the UK

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2020
An abandoned building.

Another one in Texas.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2020
Abandoned psychiatric hospitals

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 11:36am On Jul 19, 2020
And if you notice, most of these abandoned places still have 24hrs electricity running.

8 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by B2mario(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2020
dejavuh0007:
I suspected the OP stole it from Twitter
Then, how is that your headache. A typical Nigerian, always loves to destroy someone's effort.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by DrayZee: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna:

There are also Thousands of privately owned projects too left abandoned. But I think the government's own needs more recognition.
Right.
Lol...thread neva finish? Where are you getting these from?
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Bishops10(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna:
5 star hotel project in bayelsa abandoned for over 20 years. The hotel was designed to be the tallest building in the state and a hotel of aesthetic beauty and excellence that would promote the state’s tourism potential.

20 years on, it's still left to rot.

Hahaha... Among all these pictures If there's no building I've seen before, I've seen this one, close to Patience Jonathan's Hotel
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bishops10:

Hahaha... Among all these pictures If there's no building I've seen before, I've seen this one, close to Patience Jonathan's Hotel
What's the current state of the building.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Bishops10(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna:

What's the current state of the building.?
As at 2018, it was still as it is on the picture
That was the last time I went there
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by olalekan9320(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Midex88:

There is also one abandoned castle building/house/mansion along ajuwon road. If you are journeying from iju Ishaga to Ajuwon. Its immediately after the canal.
Any time I drive along the road, I always wonder why its been abandoned but nobody to ask
me too o, I was in primary 5 the first time I saw it, till today I don't think the gate has ever been opened
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Menance: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Some of these places will be nice to act some badass horror movies
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Midex88(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
olalekan9320:
me too o, I was in primary 5 the first time I saw it, till today I don't think the gate has ever been opened

I guess that’s a very long time ago. Pls what year was that

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Okiibe(m): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Maxymilliano:

You don't need to read from the Op before you know this is the shithole Donald Trump talked about.

grin grin grin
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by olalekan9320(m): 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Midex88:

I guess that’s a very long time ago. Pls what year was that
2006 or 2007, I'm not sure of the exact year but it's likely one of the two.
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Pacesetter123(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna:
5 star hotel project in bayelsa abandoned for over 20 years. The hotel was designed to be the tallest building in the state and a hotel of aesthetic beauty and excellence that would promote the state’s tourism potential.

20 years on, it's still left to rot.
Upon de oil money! Chai!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Okiibe(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna:
1. Sunken WW2 battle tanks.

2. An abandoned hotel room.

3. Bennett's college , closed in 1978. Picture taken in 2016

4. Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund, Lagos Nigeria.(NSITF)

Vianna, you are so good in this.

Well done Ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Justarandomguy: 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
I feel like going to these places

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by TheStarsAlign: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna, you deserve awards for this post; so much artistic/awe feeling. Pls don't abandon it grin

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheStarsAlign:
Vianna, you deserve awards for this post; so much artistic/awe feeling. Pls don't abandon it grin
I'll update as time goes by. Just keep following the thread. Others can contribute too please.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Somewhere in the USA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Abandoned hospitals.

Another one from Ellis islands, USA.

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
More

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Can you spend a night alone in these abandoned places for #20M (naira)

Imagine being alone in one of those rooms and hearing a noise coming from another room in the top floor

5 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
A kindergarten room in the abandoned town of Chernobyl.

More from Chernobyl. Nobody lives in those buildings you see below. It's been abandoned since 1986

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Thazard(m): 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
That Stephen Keshi stadium picture is outdated
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by uncleck: 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Vianna:
Can you spend a night alone in these abandoned places for #20M (naira)

Imagine being alone in one of those rooms and hearing a noise coming from another room in the top floor
Can you stake #20m? I will take the stake.
Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by joannes7(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ahhh! So they've abandoned ziks flat? Looked dilapidated while I knew it but abandoned? Na wah. Memories though..❤️.
Vianna:
abandoned great Zik’s flats in UNN, which used to house thousands of students. Inhabiting the place now are reptiles of different species and weeds.

Re: Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World by Vianna(f): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
joannes7:
Ahhh! So they've abandoned ziks flat? Looked dilapidated while I knew it but abandoned? Na wah. Memories though..❤️.
When was the last time you saw it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.