Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job (67088 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / I Earn £50 As A Naked Cleaner - British Lady / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by DexterousOne(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2020
EPO246:

Abeg shut up if u wont describe d job.

Yet another silly comment
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by aalangel(f): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:
it's stressful, exhausting...not what I really love/want to be doing

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

But then it pay this bills...that's the only motivation for me

I feel it shouldn't be that way...it should be more than money

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

What's your Plan B
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by DexterousOne(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
richie240:

Guy, I know exactly how u feel.
i've bn on dt road b4, with a very fat pay (6 figures) as a teacher.

I got so exasperated dt my 'happy days' were d days I receive alert and 3-4 days after dt. It was a real battle for my sanity. Las-las, I left sha, though my input were really missed.

On my own now with a lesser pay but with a lot of joy.

I'll just advice u to try hol small something b4 u take d plunge.

#He_who_knows_it_feels_it!

EXACTLY

One who has not walked in that path does not know how it is like
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Don't ever resign. Let them continue to pay until you get a new job
engrrichie92:

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by EPO246: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
DexterousOne:

Yet another silly comment
Yes silly. Suspense is a shiit i hate. Sorry!
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Bamz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2020
roseb1:
How life wan take balance when the Earth wey house all of us dey spherical? U sef reason am undecided undecided undecided undecided tongue grin?

It's actually geoid not spherical
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Mutaultope(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
Same job that people are willing to die for
That salary alone should force you to love your job ..
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
AMvanquish:

Lol. Bro.. Some jobs are well paying but with time you lose all excitement and any kind of motivation due to internal / External factors. For some, they slowly get frustrated and with time fall into depression.
The only solution is to exit but not without an alternative.
That Monthly alert that makes you smile, 6 months down the line after you resign , your eye go clear and you start having regrets.

grin, Feeling tired, frustrated, angry and depressed I get dem at work and many people do, but if u feel getting a job description that u like and gives u fulfillment, then go 4 it, ur personal interests should be uttermost of ur priorities! But be willing to go from N300,000 to N80,000, hope u can deal with that!
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Clinghton: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Try to be creative and be of value.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by lonelydora: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kyrx:

Stay put there until you have a much better alternative.

A very bad advice
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by benzion72(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
You have attitudinal problem your boss hate you and your colleagues. Check yourself and change where necessary
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by lonelydora: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Listen to me.

Few years ago, I was in your shoes. I was earning little above half a million naira. But I had to throw in the towel because my boss didn't like me, and always disgracing me in front of other people, despite being one of the best workers. 3 years down the line, I now earn twice what I was earning with a foreign company. My boss whom hated me is now using my former colleagues to send his CV to me.

If you want your peace and sanity, leave that job asap. No go get high BP. Na who dey alive and healthy dey work.

See, workers don't leave companies, they leave bad bosses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by francis1759(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
this life, no just balance... some people have food, but can not eat, some can eat but there is no food
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by engrrichie92(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
SmartyPants:

lol....

but then you have added a clue that you are an engineer

your name indicates that yo might be Richard and about 27

that your colleagues perceive you as incompetent

that your skillset is rare

all of these will be instantly suspicious to someone from your professional environment

hehehe...
engr by certificate ni oo
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Elsiedaniels(f): 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Here..
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by realtalk19: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
prekumohtim:

Oga respect does not pay bills . Respect is just a feeling , forget about that stupid thing that has no cost. Right now over #5m people have applied for a 30k npower job and here you're with a whopping 300k for only you and you're busy talking about respect? Who respect epp. The test shows that you're mad and I command you to receive sense. Anyway, if you feel you can secure a job outside, I still think you should do that first before resigning. We don't want to hear in few months: Don't look me down o , I was once earning 300k/month

Hmm you haven't been in a job situation where it can make one lose his or her sanity. I have been Tru such toxic experience and it wasn't funny at all even with the peanuts I was being paid, I had high BP because of the toxic boss and her right hand person. Even when I resigned, it took a while for me to recover from the emotional trauma I went Tru.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by realtalk19: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2020
pocohantas:

I could relate to your situation. Thank God I left my toxic boss and his unit grin. It is a very common situation in some private organizations. They employ you to do one and tell you to do another. That you feel unfulfilled is a good sign, some people love to earn their pay and do things that aids their career growth.

If it is what you can learn, maybe you should try learning it, just free yourself. I get that you are angry- but you need to free yourself and give it a shot. Maybe you might end up enjoying the extra job function. If you don’t, just know it is tough out there. You can start applying for other jobs, make person no become online ED, like zmpp.

I wish you the best, Richie.

Well said
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by realtalk19: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Dayonsky:
When you tell us the full gist we will advise accordingly.

i see no reason why your boss and colleagues will hate you at the same time except if you are lazy or complains or give excuses too much and dont meet up as expected if not why will your boss hate you and love others. Bros there is something you are not telling us ooo.....You better brace up and face reality

Sometimes it's just intimidation, envy or low self esteem on the colleagues part. Once they see u have what they can't offer,they see u as a threat they do everything to frustrate your efforts no matter how best you put into your job. I have been Tru this and it affected my sanity till I took a walk and resigned.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by osazsky(m): 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

funny

because I am the only person in this world that earns over 300K and hates his Job
hmm 300k a month na wah o.how do u survive with 300k a month..so much bill everywhere..living in Nigeria is not easy...living in nigeria alone na job on it's own...
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by realtalk19: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
Gforce2015:
I'm.sure you didn't do any interview before you got the job...they just brought the appointment letter to you in your sitting room. that is why you don't value your job that is paying 300k...

Ask Seun if he values his job? But because of the money attached, the value comes with the money attached...

85 percent of Naija workers don't want to work where they are presently working but because the job is paying bills, they don't have a choice but to keep till things balance...

Personally, I don't like where I'm working, but I have to fake the likeness so that. I would be promoted...

My brother, the ball.is in your court....if you like to move if you like to stay...

There are some jobs that don't have promotions and no matter how best you become at your duties they will always see u as a threat and look for ways to set you up or embarrass you.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by roseb1(f): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bamz:

It's actually geoid not spherical
yea u are right. It's not perfectly spherical. More like an ellipsoid but not Straight cheesy grin
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by realtalk19: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ibechris2:
I was in this same predicament some years back...I hated the job and hated everyone around me then and it affected my health a lot.

As time went on,I got another job with a low pay compared to what I used to earn and today,I am fulfilled and now I know why money alone does not make one fulfilled in life.

Well said
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Digriz(m): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Really most commenters on this thread are commenting from a poverty mentality. In sane climes, he won't even come out to ask before he resigns. Personal joy and fulfilment is superior and should be placed over any job.
when you have other alternatives.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by mentored: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
ecolime:

What makes you think countless people here don't have the skill set? Even if they don't, skills are acquired.

Dude, these are unprecedented times and it's pretty tough out there. Stop whining online, focus on your job, upgrade yourself and look out for opportunities to move to a saner work environment.

Loose your job over petty issues and 'body go tell you'

Walai

Better be grateful to God

A 1000 and one people has more skill than you do

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Digriz(m): 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
lonelydora:

Listen to me.

Few years ago, I was in your shoes. I was earning little above half a million naira. But I had to throw in the towel because my boss didn't like me, and always disgracing me in front of other people, despite being one of the best workers. 3 years down the line, I now earn twice what I was earning with a foreign company. My boss whom hated me is now using my former colleagues to send his CV to me.

If you want your peace and sanity, leave that job asap. No go get high BP. Na who dey alive and healthy dey work.

See, workers don't leave companies, they leave bad bosses.
Another person situation must not be as yours, who knows may be you have connections or any of your family member have.
Nigeria is very difficult as regards well paying job opportunity unless you have the above reasons I mentioned earlier.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Bigwig02(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
From your Statement i presume you are new with the Job Role and Organization,
That is how its like when one is new, especially when the role was given to someone outside the existing staff wish... Their Attitude exhibit, is 80% for your reason you said the job is tasking, because no team work and encouragement,
My candid Advice-- Pray for God's Divine intervention in your work place, Try your best to carryout your task deligently, and leave the rest for God, With time, people will like to peer with you, and your Boss will see the potential in you,

Never Give up... All will be better,
Be in such situation b4, was frustrated, i nearly resign, but thank God for the cleaning back them with encouragement, Today all is going fine by His Grace!!
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by jesmond3945: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

At the risk of not sounding like I am bragging,
I'm badass at my Job if only they allow me do more of what I was employed for in the first place

and just to mention, I have gotten to a point where with my skill set and certs, I am not scared of losing my job as I can quite easily secure another
not to mention, I get better and stay updated everyday

The question in my head right now is, is getting a new Job the way? what if I go elsewhere and I meet worse

This is for you and others that are thinking like you(if they can see this)
Guys, Life is not all about money!!!, at some point, fulfilment, peace of mind, happiness becomes paramount!!!
my man thank God you have come to this point that money doesn't equate happiness

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Adams5432: 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
Is not really really easy to been doing what you didn't like due to the mess must time u get from it brother just like soo many of us here are in your shoes But are Awaiting for alternative
Alternative is the answer �
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
realtalk19:

There are some jobs that don't have promotions and no matter how best you become at your duties they will always see u as a threat and look for ways to set you up or embarrass you.

Thank God that's not.the way we are being promoted in my office...

My promotion is not in the hand of my immediate boss.....my promotion is from Oga at the toppest top....No oga local oga can hinder my promotion...the promotion comes from the headquarters...
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by realtalk19: 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
Gforce2015:

Thank God that's not.the way we are being promoted in my office...

My promotion is not in the hand of my immediate boss.....my promotion is from Oga at the toppest top....No oga local oga can hinder my promotion...the promotion comes from the headquarters...

Lucky you.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Depressed101: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
i pray your bosw finds this post grin
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Mimiey: 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
First thing to do is to change your perception about your work place.

You are not giving love, so it would likely not be given back.
If you love what you do and where you work, it will be obvious even with the way you relate with the staff in the lowest level.

Give yourself the weekend, next week resume with a new vibe, energy and strength and you will see the changes.

It starts with changing your mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.