Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job (67095 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / I Earn £50 As A Naked Cleaner - British Lady / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Fastlinkpro: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
corporate slavery. Kai - No freedom

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Richie77: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bills must be paid. cherish and love your job.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by bamasite2: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
This is just like the voice of God bro.
Please contact me and I will give you an audio book that will solve your problem.
Disclaimer: The audiobook is not free, but once you contact me, I will grant you access. Follow it religiously, then come and testify later here. zerosevenzerothree 4554516
engrrichie92:
it's stressful, exhausting...not what I really love/want to be doing

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

But then it pay this bills...that's the only motivation for me

I feel it shouldn't be that way...it should be more than money

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by iod69779: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

I was in your shoes, I helped the company build its revenue base but it was a toxic environment where i did not feel job safety, great staff but very high turnover. The problem was the boss not the staff. I left, but i saved money that will keep me going over 1 year even if i didn't get another job. My case may be different from yours because i am in the US but one advise i will give you especially if you're in Nigeria is, look for another job before you leave, employers consider people who already are working somewhere. Hire a professional to write your resume so you can highlight your achievements on your current job.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by factorial1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
That's what you get when you get a job by connection, and not by merit.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by admeenat: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
I don't even know what to say
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by amparas(m): 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Village people + mirror at work cheesy cheesy
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by superjaks(m): 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
hermesprogidy:

True words, some people don't understand the value of peace of mind until they meet money that comes with ungodly pressure. Only he that wears the shoes, knows where it hurts.

Well said boss
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by LINTUNE(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
ufotty2001:
let me tell you the truth u are replaceable don't ever in your entire life think that nobody can do what you are doing.. alot of people.. I once had such thought!! That is a false lie from the devil himself.
aknowledge that guy comment at ur own peril.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by drealzum(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nothing worth more than your happiness. Your mental health should be paramount.
Payment of the bills are important. It will not be wise to just desert your job like that. Look for another job and then quit.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by GIFTD: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

Even if I resign,
You may not be able to do what I do sir

It requires certain skill set...either you have it or you dont
I'm a fast learner...just tell me the job and I will learn the skills. Thanks
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Ikennablue(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
you don't run away from your problem. You face it.
Your boss doesn't like you. Am sure there's a reason. Fix it!
Others see you as incompetent. Are you?? You alone know the answer to that question. How about trying to humble yourself and learn from them and see if you can change the way they see you.
Same thing is happening in my office, a particular HND guy is feeling marginalized by the BSc Guys and he believes he has better skills than them. That's the problem. Kill that ego. Get closer to them and learn and change the way they see you.
Running away from your job is not wise unless you get a better place. And who say you won't be tagged incompetent in the next place you will go??
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Enemyofpeace: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
What are still waiting for?resign jo
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Anonymous1900: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hi,

A lot of responses here focus on 1 side which is you have a well paid job and you should not leave it for uncertainty in the harsh world outside (true) however let me give you a different perspective from personal experience.

I have taking several life altering decisions that many would consider insane just like you are being advised now but in those cases, i had an overwhelming desire to be happy and a PLAN for finding that happiness..so it is key that you have a plan before taking that decision otherwise that happiness your looking for may still elude you for some time

Similar Experience:
I resigned from a Job that was paying more than yours precisely Oct 1 last year.Prior to this i had been promoted and my salary increased 4 times in 4 years. I was scheduled to be promoted again by Dec of same year and i would have reached the mandatory amount of years to get a pay off by Sept 2020. needless to say i walked away from a deal several people would consider comfortable and may even conclude some screws are lose in my head. My wife understood my reasons though and was hugely supportive. (My income was also the main source of funds for the family)

Plan:
Before i resigned, i had an offer from a mentor/friend i met in the cause of my duties who head hunted me for his company. I would later turn down this offer as it wont give me the happiness, peace of mind or fulfillment i craved after careful consideration even though i would have been paid more (i did recommend a good friend for the position and i believe its working out well for them). I put together savings that could take care of all my expenses like i was working for 6 months and if we cut out some luxuries maybe 8/9 months. I also prepared 2 avenues (for nov/dec start) for something minor that would give me an inflow to cover my expenses and leave my savings intact while i figure out how to achieve that inner peace.

The reason i resigned was due to lack of career direction and focus (it made me extremely unhappy), the company was hugely political and favoritism was more recognized than hard work. We hardly solved problems and we were mostly just passing time and doing the motions. i was privy to many things that showed me while i could make a lot of money here, i would never be happy with the organisational culture. I was however valued, well respected and capable in my duties and it was a rude shock for the management when i offered to resign. i had to seat with several management staff who tried to find my reason or change my mind. of cos i had the school of thought to never bad mouth your previous employer and i gave raving reviews to everyone that asked (simply said it was for family reasons and they understood eventually). As some have pointed out, I also never let the hype of my annual reviews and glowing recommendations get into my head (everyone is replaceable) and you may not even get 1 min of silence if you die on the job. The company would definitely not stop operations to remember you. as they say "tree near tree na why monkey dey show skill"

The few friends i told i was resigning were shocked when i told them i did not have another offer but i had a plan with several fail safes and i put them all to action (did not tell them this)

My advise: your happiness is not overrated and you should do everything within your means to put yourself in a happy environment. it will transform every part of your existence. its not coincidence that some of the most famous people in the world are also the most depressed with suicide rates increasing even in places it was deemed a taboo to commit suicide (like Nigeria). Develop a plan and get out of that toxic environment (future you would thank you) . be realistic in your plan and dont necessarily wait 2-5 years extra to endure the madness before leaving (hoping to save millions) afterall, "YOU COULD BE FIRED" what then?

For a little Motivation:
Less than 12 months from taking that decision, I have a Job that pays significantly more than the one i left. i have a side hustle that pays more than my current Job which i started after i left my previous employment. When i think about my situation now, all i can say is how did i stay with that company so long

God has been faithful in every way, trust him and let him guide you.

Hope this helps....

engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

4 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by May30thHeroes(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Obviously a bank worker. Na their life.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by ksbusari(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
instead of you to be thinking of our to be indispensable. you are funny. Don't be a fool. perhaps you are a fool.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Jabioro: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
Which kind Yeyenatu thread be this..Go and resign..you go no wetin dey.. foolish boy
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Elsiedaniels(f): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
Here
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Omololupromise: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ur village VIP are in charge of your ATM
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Tolexandre: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
What job is it?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by engrrichie92(m): 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
efemena5050:
show off.... resign u refuse u hate ur job....confused infendibulum....make pple know say u dey earn 300k ....black man mentality ,,,,,,,

lol
but you don't know me now bro...and our path may never cross in this life
and even if it does, engrichie 92 will not be plastered on my forehead

So I am showing off to who exactly?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by siverspooon(m): 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
I need a data reseller, any trusted data reseller here?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by engrrichie92(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Anonymous1900:
Hi,

A lot of responses here focus on 1 side which is you have a well paid job and you should not leave it for uncertainty in the harsh world outside (true) however let me give you a different perspective from personal experience.

I have taking several life altering decisions that many would consider insane just like you are being advised now but in those cases, i had an overwhelming desire to be happy and a PLAN for finding that happiness..so it is key that you have a plan before taking that decision otherwise that happiness your looking for may still elude you for some time

Similar Experience:
I resigned from a Job that was paying more than yours precisely Oct 1 last year.Prior to this i had been promoted and my salary increased 4 times in 4 years. I was scheduled to be promoted again by Dec of same year and i would have reached the mandatory amount of years to get a pay off by Sept 2020. needless to say i walked away from a deal several people would consider comfortable and may even conclude some screws are lose in my head. My wife understood my reasons though and was hugely supportive. (My income was also the main source of funds for the family)

Plan:
Before i resigned, i had an offer from a mentor/friend i met in the cause of my duties who head hunted me for his company. I would later turn down this offer as it wont give me the happiness, peace of mind or fulfillment i craved after careful consideration even though i would have been paid more (i did recommend a good friend for the position and i believe its working out well for them). I put together savings that could take care of all my expenses like i was working for 6 months and if we cut out some luxuries maybe 8/9 months. I also prepared 2 avenues (for nov/dec start) for something minor that would give me an inflow to cover my expenses and leave my savings intact while i figure out how to achieve that inner peace.

The reason i resigned was due to lack of career direction and focus (it made me extremely unhappy), the company was hugely political and favoritism was more recognized than hard work. We hardly solved problems and we were mostly just passing time and doing the motions. i was privy to many things that showed me while i could make a lot of money here, i would never be happy with the organisational culture. I was however valued, well respected and capable in my duties and it was a rude shock for the management when i offered to resign. i had to seat with several management staff who tried to find my reason or change my mind. of cos i had the school of thought to never bad mouth your previous employer and i gave raving reviews to everyone that asked (simply said it was for family reasons and they understood eventually). As some have pointed out, I also never let the hype of my annual reviews and glowing recommendations get into my head (everyone is replaceable) and you may not even get 1 min of silence if you die on the job. The company would definitely not stop operations to remember you. as they say "tree near tree na why monkey dey show skill"

The few friends i told i was resigning were shocked when i told them i did not have another offer but i had a plan with several fail safes and i put them all to action (did not tell them this)

My advise: your happiness is not overrated and you should do everything within your means to put yourself in a happy environment. it will transform every part of your existence. its not coincidence that some of the most famous people in the world are also the most depressed with suicide rates increasing even in places it was deemed a taboo to commit suicide (like Nigeria). Develop a plan and get out of that toxic environment (future you would thank you) . be realistic in your plan and dont necessarily wait 2-5 years extra to endure the madness before leaving (hoping to save millions) afterall, "YOU COULD BE FIRED" what then?

For a little Motivation:
Less than 12 months from taking that decision, I have a Job that pays significantly more than the one i left. i have a side hustle that pays more than my current Job which i started after i left my previous employment. When i think about my situation now, all i can say is how did i stay with that company so long

God has been faithful in every way, trust him and let him guide you.

Hope this helps....

Wow...a lot of insight from this
Thanks a lot
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by OYENIYIJK: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
I don read to page 3 but I don't know the skill he is talking about neither do I know the job. Op, abeg if you mention either the skill or the job, quote me. I wish I can know the skill needed
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by manunitedbabes: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
Abeg can we swap?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by engrrichie92(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
ndukwechinasa:
The reason here is incompetency. N that is why it seems everyone in the organization is not comfortable with your existence in the job. Bro work on your self and you will automatically gain respect and love from your boss.

At the risk of not sounding like I am bragging,
I'm badass at my Job if only they allow me do more of what I was employed for in the first place

and just to mention, I have gotten to a point where with my skill set and certs, I am not scared of losing my job as I can quite easily secure another
not to mention, I get better and stay updated everyday

The question in my head right now is, is getting a new Job the way? what if I go elsewhere and I meet worse

This is for you and others that are thinking like you(if they can see this)
Guys, Life is not all about money!!!, at some point, fulfilment, peace of mind, happiness becomes paramount!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

You try oo...I can't

I see myself exiting soon...to a better and higher pay of course

This spirit that is speaking to you is pride. Don't let it win. I was once in your shoes, resigned thinking I'll get a better gig because I'm good and everyone wants me. Body tell me o. The one I later got was the same stress I complained with lesser pay. Wait until you get something better o. But then, everyone is different. It might turn out differently for you.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by JastSiryin(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
Your job isn't always meant to FULFILL you, provided you've got something else you're passionate about. And sometimes we get stuck with jobs that don't require our particular skill sets. That's just life my brother. Sometimes you've got to work with what you've got. This is not to say that you should tolerate a hostile work environment if it poses a risk to your wellbeing. If that's the case then quiting is most advisable.

That being said, alot of people are of the belief they aught to find life's fulfillment in their work. It's quite reasonable after all, our jobs are usually lifelong. Why not do what you love or enjoy doing, right?

Well the problem is life is not bound by our wishes. Location, job availability, and that what we'd love to do may never be able to fully sustain us are amongst the many factors stacked against our wishes. But it still is possible to be happy and do a job one isn't particularly thrilled with. All that's needed is a change of mindset, and some interesting hobby or activity outside work. If one has a satisfactory post-work life, it tends to spill into his work life too. At the very least, things become more tolerable when there are things to look forward to.

Work is part of life, but life isn't all about work. We don't always get what we want. And even when we do, it's not always presented the way we'd want it to. Until you come across a better option, i suggest you buckle up!
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
This incompetent mofo will soon be fired.

On second thought, you might just be suffering from imposter syndrome.

Get out of your head and focus on the job delivery to better your chances of retaining that job.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by CalebLebsco56(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
This life no balance!! Connect me nah...
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by LINTUNE(m): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
halogate:
undecided undecided...ur 1 month salary is my 1 year salary , and u are Complaining abt love?

..oya come let's exchange nah. Iv not even being paid since March, and we are in heading to August.

Nna....no make me vex this evening ooh
lol..suffer no de de fear the guy..help me tell am say suffer don over tire u o..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.