Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret (20381 Views)

Enyimba, Al Ittihad Wait On CAF Over Enyinba’s ‘Inability’ To Honour Retun Leg / Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations / OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by kolade560: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
I see u as bigger than CAF award , u are on same level with zidane, dingo, delima and co not this small African rats

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Blackmoran(m): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
NegroAcheiver:
He was cheated.A player whom some pundits said if he was white, he could have even won the ballon d'or
win balloon d or by dancing on the field up and down?

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by saajus: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
He was not robbed. Please, go to YouTube and watch Samuel Eto'o performance highlights in Barca during that time.
paparazi1:
Okocha was my football goddess, He was robed twice that we know. I personally stop watching super
eagles and football in general till date after his resignation abi retirement from football.

3 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
EngineerBode:
You did very well for yourself

If he was playing for a bigger English club instead of Bolton, he would have won it

He was a great player. But in all the years he did not win, the players that won it did better.

Eto’o performed better than him in those years.

Hadj performed better in 1998.

3 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
NegroAcheiver:
He was cheated.A player whom some pundits said if he was white, he could have even won the ballon d'or

Tell me which white won Ballon D’or from Bolton or PSG.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by lugo99(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
i'll put jj along with paul scholes, everybody know they're genius in the futbol game, jj even lost the A.P.O.T.Y to el hadj diouf, eto'o,.

no be everybody go win award or even win trophy, koko na to make kudi,kaluba,dallar,owo,ego,kala,dough, etc..
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
kolade560:
I see u as bigger than CAF award , u are on same level with zidane, dingo, delima and co not this small African rats

Let’s not deceive ourselves guys.

If he was on same level with these guys, he would play in Barcelona and Real Madrid like the players you mentioned.

After all, Barca also saw him in same club with Dinho before choosing to sign Dinho instead of him or both of them.

Look, these big teams also wanted to win trophies and don’t care if you are black or white if you are good enough to help them win trophies.

Eto’o was also black. Barca saw him from a lowly Mallorca and signed him.

JJ was very good but comparing him with Zidane, Dinho and De Lima is patriotism taken too far.

5 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
lugo99:
i'll put jj along with paul scholes, everybody know they're genius in the futbol game, jj even lost the A.P.O.T.Y to el hadj diouf, eto'o,.

no be everybody go win award or even win trophy, koko na to make kudi,kaluba,dallar,owo,ego,kala,dough, etc..

He didn’t lose to el-Hadj Diouf, you these kids.
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Bluffly: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
chatinent:
Dude was busy dribbling. E feel say na by big head.
He didn't just dribbled, he made holistic impact. He was failed by coaches and voters
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by NewDelhi(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Okocha nor play successful football
He was just dribbling and more of a ball juggler
He got no football sense
He contributed nothing and no impact in football
No marked effect and influence....
Neymar is even more of a Ball juggler than the okocha but neymar get football sense and seriousness join he own anyday anytime twice on Friday or rather twice on the day he dey represent Brazil

If you like quote me and insult me because you are a Nigerian

Me also na Nigerian but i must say the truth...he nor play better football....kanu the papilo was the real niggarrr
Nigerians....thier sense of judgement, reasoning and rationale is gone.....
This is exactly what I tell people but they end up attacking me. He was more of an entertainer than a footballer. He had no meaningful or impactful end product. He was just interested in entertaining the fans with meaningless skills and tricks. Stuffs like that can't take you anywhere, no wonder big clubs weren't really interested in him, nobody wanted a joker on the pitch, football is serious business.

Neymar and ronaldinho are also great street jugglers and tricksters but when they step into the pitch, they put the real business first over entertaining. Okocha was the opposite.

That's why I'd prefer to have a Yaya Toure in my midfield than having a player like Okocha. One will get the job done clean and neat, the other will just be there entertaining the fans and making a mockery of himself. It's one thing to read book it's another thing to pass exam. No be everybody wey read well dey pass.

HeavenlyBang saajus Kiezodumah Glaswegian

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Beverlyjean(f): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
robosky02:
Was cheated twice by hayatou for etoo to winning

Too bad

Are u srs?? Pls name one trophy okocha won at club level in his entire career ??

U cant even compare them both .... Eto is on international level

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
eneye1:
That is another politics in football .
French speaking countries against English speaking countries.

Excuse! Excuse!

Same people chose Kanu over French speaking footballers twice.

Same people chose Arab Salah over French speaking players.

Let’s stop deceiving ourselves. Francophone African countries have always produced bigger footballers. Which Anglophone African footballer currently comes close to Sadio Mane, Kalidou Koulibaly, Aubameyang, Mahrez, Ziyech, Benacer, even Pepe.

If they now win APOTY, you will say it is French conspiracy when we all watch same football and see the difference.

Before them we had Drogba, Eto’o, Yaya Toure, etc all from French Africa. Is it the language they speak that got them to the level they attained or their footballing ability. We all watch them on TV.

6 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by phemmyfour: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
iamwhat:
He didn't go to good clubs that would build his CV, He was busy chasing money up and down.... You think Drogba or Eto'o would have won it if they were playing for your type of club ? NO!
Which big club did Mustapha Hadji played for
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by NewDelhi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
crossfm:
The midfield maestro.He was so good they named him twice.
You shouldn't over beat yourself,we know it was hate and international politics that made them deny you the award.
You made football look so easy.I can't forget how you demolished the great oliver khan in a hurry.I respect you sir.
This is where you people get it all wrong, There is a difference between entertainments and the real deal. Okocha was more of an entertainer. If you like dribble Kahn 20 times just because you wan score 1 goal, you no go still get recognition pass a lazy player wey score 20 tapins.

4 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
NegroAcheiver:

How? Didn't you watch his expolits for his country? Even though he played for smaller clubs didn't you watch his impact there.Some of your pros you see were inspired by Okocha.He even started before those players you mentioned.What killed him was his love for money that denied him a move to a bigger and better club to showcase his talents in the Ucl.

What exploits? Dribbling? Pull out actual numbers let's see. Okocha was incredibly inconsistent, with moments of magic. Good for YouTube highlights and not much else.

3 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Beverlyjean(f): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
NegroAcheiver:

Then y dint Hagi of Romania win it?? He wasnt even as impactful as Paul Scholes or mendieta , ortega
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by princeade86(m): 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
saajus:
He was not robbed. Please, go to YouTube and watch Samuel Eto'o performance highlights in Barca during that time.
what of against hadji of Morocco and diof of Senegal
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by princeade86(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

This is where you people get it all wrong, There is a difference between entertainments and the real deal. Okocha was more of an entertainer. If you like dribble Kahn 20 times just because you wan score 1 goal, you no go still get recognition pass a lazy player wey score 20 tapins.
so what is Ronaldinho did on the pitch. Okocha don't win awards don't mean is not among the best. We all watched gaucho how he do laugh also, even if he missed ball. So if Ronaldinho don't win any award, u will say he did not play anything in football.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by bedfordking: 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
He got no football sense
Neymar is even more of a Ball juggler than the okocha but neymar get football sense and seriousness join he own anyday anytime twice on Friday or rather twice on the day he dey represent Brazil

Me also na Nigerian but i must say the truth...he nor play better football....kanu the papilo was the real niggarrr

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by NewDelhi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
princeade86:
so what is Ronaldinho did on the pitch. Okocha don't win awards don't mean is not among the best. We all watched gaucho how he do laugh also, even if he missed ball. So if Ronaldinho don't win any award, u will say he did not play anything in football.
Ronaldinho was more serious and ambitious than okocha. Dem no dey the same league abeg. If okocha wanted to flourish, he would have been better off in a circus not a football pitch.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by andrewbaba44: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Why you no go miss out when na bolton you Dey play for

Sorry jay jay ,we love you no matter what and you are a legend
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Pinnacle(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
You are very wrong in your analysis. It is very sad to read this. I am very sure you were young when Okocha was playing football (or you know very little about football)
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
He got no football sense

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
phemmyfour:
Which big club did Mustapha Hadji played for

Depor was a big club in the years Hadji was there.

And his performance in 1998 world cup was great.

Okocha had these too. I think he lost by just 2 votes.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by winkmart: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
Life goes on... You couldn't have defeated Eto
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Pinnacle(m): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
This is another one. You are very wrong in your analysis. You said[b] no big club wanted Okocha[/b], lol....... you forgot that the same PSG that Neymar you mentioned played for actually bought Okocha for a record fee that was difficult to erase for many years in the world of football. Abeg, Okocha is a legend. Let's remove sentiments.... even your Ronaldinho admitted learning a few things from Okocha!!

NewDelhi:

This is exactly what I tell people but they end up attacking me. He was more of an entertainer than a footballer. He had no meaningful or impactful end product. He was just interested in entertaining the fans with meaningless skills and tricks. Stuffs like that can't take you anywhere, no wonder big clubs weren't really interested in him, nobody wanted a joker on the pitch, football is serious business.

Neymar and ronaldinho are also great street jugglers and tricksters but when they step into the pitch, they put the real business first over entertaining. Okocha was the opposite.

That's why I'd prefer to have a Yaya Toure in my midfield than having a player like Okocha. One will get the job done clean and neat, the other will just be there entertaining the fans and making a mockery of himself. It's one thing to read book it's another thing to pass exam. No be everybody wey read well dey pass.

HeavenlyBang saajus Kiezodumah
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by NewDelhi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What exploits? Dribbling? Pull out actual numbers let's see. Okocha was incredibly inconsistent, with moments of magic. Good for YouTube highlights and not much else.
Okocha was actually inconsistent. Just a moment of dribbling magic after doing nothing in his previous games then Nigerians start going Gaga. His career was just good for YouTube highlights. Who would you prefer to have in your midfield between Yaya Toure and okocha? Okocha was the more skillful between the two but it doesn't make him a better and more efficient player than toure.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by scriptures01: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
Going to Fenerbahce because of money was his biggest mistake.
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by phemmyfour: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
Glaswegian:

Depor was a big club in the years Hadji was there.

And his performance in 1998 world cup was great.

Okocha had these too. I think he lost by just 2 votes.
Depor? Wasn't even in top4 in spain
Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by Glaswegian: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
phemmyfour:
Depor? Wasn't even in top4 in spain

Won La Liga 1999/2000, finished 3rd 1996/97.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Pinnacle:
This is another one. You are very wrong in your analysis. You said[b] no big club wanted Okocha[/b], lol....... you forgot that the same PSG that Neymar you mentioned played for actually bought Okocha for a record fee that was difficult to erase for many years in the world of football. Abeg, Okocha is a legend. Let's remove sentiments.... even your Ronaldinho admitted learning a few things from Okocha!!

Lol, PSG wasn't a big club then. Probably close to how a club like Wolves or Everton is in the PL now.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by jnrbayano(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So black no fit win Ballon d'or?

George Weah

1 Like

Re: Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

Okocha was actually inconsistent. Just a moment of dribbling magic after doing nothing in his previous games then Nigerians start going Gaga. His career was just good for YouTube highlights. Who would you prefer to have in your midfield between Yaya Toure and okocha? Okocha was the more skillful between the two but it doesn't make him a better and more efficient player than toure.

Exactly. Okocha isn't even in the same league as Yaya. People on this thread are deluded.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Tests Positive For COVID-19 / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.