Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. (14943 Views)

10 Sentences To Make You A Better Thinker / Question You Should Ask Your Child's Lesson Teacher / 20 Question You Should Expect From Jamb’s Novel “independence” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
You enter a bedroom, there are 34 people.
You kill 30 people. Now how many people are in the bedroom?
nobody will remain the rest go tear race

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by OE0705: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
31 people, 30 dead + you(1). Others will scamper for safety. thanks.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
Where did you meet the people you killed??

Sitting room, bedroom or compound?? Till then I rest my case..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by thesolutions(m): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
31 people. A few escaped.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by matrix10: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
35 people
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by hanastazia(f): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
Well there are 35 people. The 34 in the room already plus you. The question didn't state how many people were alive or dead.

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by potbelly(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just one...

And you are a bad ass sniper... wink
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by PHAYOL81: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

Since the word "you" doesn't specifically state the number of the people who's gone in to make up the 34 people in the bedroom, then we can only account for the dead bodies while the remainders would always remain inconclusive/unknown until the figure that join the party is given.
To me the number of people in the bedroom is "X".
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
You alone will be left in the room, the remaining 4 have escaped during the shootout
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Muurian: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
•You enter a bedroom, there are 34 people.

In this statement, it is not stated that the 34 people are in a bedroom.

•You kill 30 people.
It is also not stated that the 30 persons you killed were from the 34 mentioned persons above.

•Now how many people are in the bedroom?
No one is in the bedroom.

Lol... That's my answer o... Make Una no laugh me! grin

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Oghenerobo2002(m): 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
There are 35 people left
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Onemind9: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just 1 (that’s the shooter) the rest will definitely look for way out
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by felai: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Mujinho4b(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by hardbody: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
the question is asking how many people are in the room, regardless of whether they are alive or dead. Whether someone is alive or dead, they are still a person, therefore the correct answer is 35.

There is an alternative answer that depends on the way i choose to interpret the question. The fact that there are 34 people in the bedroom is stated after the statement that you’ve entered the bedroom. Therefore, someone could assume that there are 34 people in the bedroom only after you’ve entered. In that case, the answer would be 34.

If you disagree with me, argue with your ancestors

2 Likes

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by sureteeboy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
hardbody:
the question is asking how many people are in the room, regardless of whether they are alive or dead. Whether someone is alive or dead, they are still a person, therefore the correct answer is 35.

There is an alternative answer that depends on the way i choose to interpret the question. The fact that there are 34 people in the bedroom is stated after the statement that you’ve entered the bedroom. Therefore, someone could assume that there are 34 people in the bedroom only after you’ve entered. In that case, the answer would be 34.

If you disagree with me, argue with your ancestors
Nice one.
People just conjure ambiguous riddles all the time. I bet by the time the OP states the answer, there will be multiple flaws in it.

3 Likes

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by maestro299: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
Only 3 people are left

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by mikeeze(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Factshunter: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

31. Including you. cool grin
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by NewDelhi(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Many people will say the answer is five because 34-30 you killed, that's 4 left plus you equals five.

But can you kill 30 people and still remain inside the room? undecided you will find an escape route.

Also can you kill 30 people out of 34 and the remaining ones will still remain there looking at you? They will also look for an escape route.

Logically the answer is 5 but naturally and instinctively, it's zero.

But me I'll go for 34 or 35 depending on whether you or the lucky ones choose to remain or not because the dead bodies should also count.

Cc sureteeboy

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Why kill them in the first instance when you ain't an assassin? There should be a motive for killing now.

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by sunnyeinstein(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

ONE

Nothing told us if those 34 are IN the bedroom
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by sureteeboy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

Many people will say the answer is five because 34-30 you killed, that's 4 left plus you equals five.

But can you kill 30 people and still remain inside the room? undecided you will find an escape route.

Also can you kill 30 people out of 34 and the remaining ones will still remain there looking at you? They will also look for an escape route.

Logically the answer is 5 but naturally and instinctively, it's zero.

But me I'll go for 34 or 35 depending on whether you or the lucky ones choose to remain or not because the dead bodies should also count.

Cc sureteeboy
Actually, you might kill people and still stay there with the rest. If people can easily escape from the room as the killer started shooting, then it's hard to believe that they waited till 30 are dead already before the rest attempted to escape.
And going by one's instinct as you highlighted, there will still be 30people in the room (either dead or alive, people is still people).
The problem with all these kind of riddles is that, it is often open to multiple logical interpretations which can't be faulted, and by the time the poster of the riddle drops his own answer, it might even be less logical that what most people have dropped here already

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by sunnyeinstein(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Baba, there's no absoluteness in any thing.

I await this fixed answer worthy to be known by the 0.001% of the 1000

Gbam! With logic, 1001 answers can be correct due to different reasoning patterns by individuals

3 Likes

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Dreyton36: 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
Here is the correct answer
It's not 34
Not 5

It's my village people left inside the room, uncountable undecided
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by kometpuvo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
Only one person is in the room. The one who took count/report.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by clintwealth(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
HMMM Y CANT YOU, ACCORDING TO THE QUESTION, HOW MANY PEOPLE. YOU WILL COUNT YOURSELF THE DEAD ONES AND THOSE THAT ARE STILL ALIVE. THE QUESTION DID NOT SPECIFIED IF ITS THE DEAD THE LIVING, IT WAS HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE THERE IN THE ROOM
Openbusiness4:

Nice try but you can't count DEAD people smiley
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by LabuleofNigeria: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
The answer is "1"

You are the only one in the bedroom, because you surely didnt kill them in the bedroom.
You only run to hide inside the bedroom

1 Like

Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by saaron(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
It's not categorically stated that those killed are from inside the bedroom. So the answer is 35.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE LIVES! SUPPORT IT.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by ciscoxx(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
3people. 2run away.
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by Juliearth(f): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Openbusiness4:

Killing 30 out of 34 doesn't reduce the number of people in the room. So the number still remains 34 ( including the murderer)
Re: If You Get This Question, You Are A Critical Thinker. by allen113: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Watin 34 people they find inside bedroom, na house party? puff all of them joor.

meanwhile my answer is 35 for the same reason stated by the girl above me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another Strike Looms Over "Unpaid 10-Month Salary" - ASUU / NANS President Reacts To Critics / ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike, Issues 3 Weeks Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.