Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ (18317 Views)

Governor Wike Rescues Joy Nunieh From House Arrest (Video) / Akpabio: Nothing Must Happen To Joy Nunieh - Wike / Akpabio To Joy Nunieh: 'You Married 4 Husbands' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Ilaumoh(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, said he has instructed his lawyers to seek necessary redress in a court of competent jurisdiction on his behalf over the defamatory statements made by the former acting managing director of the Interim Management Committee of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Ms Joy Nunieh.

Ms Nunieh in an interview with newsmen had raised some accusations against the former governor of Akwa-Ibom.

But in a statement signed Thursday in Abuja by Akpabio special assistant on media, Anietie Ekong, described all the allegations as “cornucopia of false, malicious and libellous,” adding that the Minister will seek redress in a Court of law.

The statement said: “The Honourable Minister’s initial attitude was to allow his lawyers and the judicial system vindicate him of the false allegations against him, but he is compelled to react to some of the wayward allegations levied against his person by Ms Nunieh, especially the one bothering on sexual harassment.

“To start with, let it be known that there is no scintilla of truth in all the allegations peddled around by Ms Nunieh. They are simply false! The Honourable Minister did not at any time, place or circumstance make any form of sexual advances to Ms Nunieh, not even to put himself in a position or posture suggestive of sexual advances towards Ms Nunieh, or any female staff of his Ministry or the NDDC.

“For the records, the Honourable Minister, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON is happily married and contented with his wife. Together they are blessed with children, four (4) of whom are young women. The Honourable Minister is an avid believer of the Affirmative Action and that was visible in the appointments he made as a two (2) term Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State between 2007 and 2015. Under his watch, he appointed several women into various high-level positions as

Chairpersons of Local Government Councils, Magistrates, Judges, Heads of Parastatals, Directors, Permanent Secretaries, and Commissioners.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/akpabio-to-sue-joy-nunieh-for-defamation-denies-false-allegations/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by SmartProf(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
That's a better approach than the gestapo style of getting her arrested. Be aware that this woman is ready to spill things o, she doesn't seem like someone who will develop cough or stammer while talking. By the time you all are done with rubbishing yourselves and the NDDC, I'm sure you'll know who to direct your blames to when next the sorry state of the region is discussed.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by GboyegaD(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
He should sue first na abi why announcement?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by 2special(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
SmartProf:
That's a better approach than the gestapo style of getting her arrested. Be aware that this woman is ready to spill things o, she doesn't seem like someone who will develop cough or stammer while talking. By the time you all are done with rubbishing yourselves and the NDDC, I'm sure you'll know who to direct your blames to when next the sorry state of the region is discussed.
Whatever she is spilling must be the truth, nothing but the truth cuz l knew she will retaliate when Akpabio said she has been married to about 4 husband's, that statement from Akpabio, l believe hurt her.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Hunchogee: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
SmartProf:
Spot on and in support of the forensic audit too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Hunchogee: 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
2special:
Whatever she is spilling must be the truth, nothing but the truth cuz l knew she will retaliate when Akpabio said she has been married to about 4 husband's, that statement from Akpabio, l believe hurt her.
Don't conclude yet my brother , some women cry while lying

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Hunchogee: 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:
He should sue first na abi why announcement?
Thats the media for you

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Dakad: 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Honestly in as much as I like the woman's gut but I believe she should behave more maturely. Some who has occupied that exalted position as MD NDDC should get some decorum while addressing the media. If she can prove the allegations of sexual assault m, then he should be ready to be dragged.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Hunchogee: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dakad:
Honestly in as much as I like the woman's gut but I believe she should behave more maturely. Some who has occupied that exalted position as MD NDDC should get some decorum while addressing the media. If she can prove the allegations of sexual assault m, then he should be ready to be dragged.
Brilliant submission bro

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Hunchogee: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
I think this the best way to go
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by EddyRex: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
In as much i stand against corruption and police brutality, whatever forensic audit or probe going on is a welcum development
Gudos to Akpabio for using legal action to address the sexually allegations label against him by Ex MD of Nddc.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by PureGoldh(m): 8:27am On Jul 18, 2020
Issoryt.....Na their palava...The two of them know what actually transpired between them.

I can only account for me, myself and I.

But see eeh, anytime wey man and woman get issue....The woman go just bring up sex assult matters asif na only ladies wey dey prone to such act.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Slawormir: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Balenciagaokey: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2020
angry
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by ODJ124(m): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2020
described all the allegations as “cornucopia of false, malicious and libellous,” adding that the Minister will seek redress in a Court of law.
isoright.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by nairavsdollars(f): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Why Akpabio been wan reason that old woman still baffles me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by MansoryMX(m): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Jokers and Clowns are the people leading this country since 1960.

10 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Badonasty(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2020
If buhari suspend these two now put northerners people go dey shout....see as these fools are constituting nuisance

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Stallion93(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2020
grin
Mumu country, mumu Elites
Anyways, whether they mumu or not, I don’t think their Salaries and allowances have been suspended so the bags keeps coming in Infact they will even have Court case allowance, Reps Summoning allowance, trouble sleeping allowance and the rest. Wetin concern me wey dey find garri to drink this morning?

The Heavens have so much to answer on why I am Nigerian.
Use one eye peep my signature, avoid fraudsters o!
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by rawtouch: 8:29am On Jul 18, 2020
lawyers must chop
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by kalvoken(m): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2020
Phuck akpa ibi, Phuck the woman and if you try to quote me negatively, then phuuck you too.

I have no damn to give about our polithivescians because they don't give any about me too.

Infact, they two should Phuck theirselves.

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Brendaniel: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2020
Na wa o...
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Alwaysachick: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2020
grin grin“For the records, the Honourable Minister, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON is happily married and contented with his wife. Together they are blessed with children, four (4) of whom are young women.

;DStale!!!! grin.

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Kwamecron(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2020
Is it that woman with 4 husband?

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by freshkpomo(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2020
The truth is why did the woman wait till this time to say these things?? Deal gonne wrong..

Greatest of the greatest Nigerian youths, great.

Together we can make Nigeria better

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Ijaya123: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2020
This guy is just a clown. You claimed you already instructed your lawyer to file charges against the woman for false accusations. Why issue another press release again?

The part that got me laughing is the use of heavy and big grammar in the release. Who is he trying to impress or hoodwink, as the case may be? These politicians are just taking us for a ride, I tell you.

Meanwhile a whooping sum sum of 15 trillion naira has gone to NDDC since inception but with little or nothing to show for it. Instead of the people from the region to hold their leaders accountable, Buhari, Tinubu and Ganduje is their problem.

Continue, una go dey alright las las

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Why not face the nass to clear your name first?

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by adolfHitler1934: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Until we see that....for now that talk should not be taken seriously because Akpabio is a known thief.
Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Baba Akpabio if you don't have any skeleton in your cupboard then proceed to the court of law but be warned that this woman is not going to be an easy meat as more cats will be let out of the bag

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by mmsen: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Badonasty:
If buhari suspend these two now put northerners people go dey shout....see as these fools are constituting nuisance

Are you claiming that there is no infighting, corruption or ineptitude when northerners are in charge?

Look at the federal government. Look at the whole north and then repeat what you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio To Sue Joy Nunieh For Defamation, Denies ‘False allegations’ by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2020
They both av problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prepare For Evacuation, Minister Warns State Govts, LGAs On Impending Floods / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Accepts Supreme Court Judgement In Good Fate / Caption This Photo Of Atiku And Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.