Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (58393 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by delkuf(m): 5:17am On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Who told me what?
read the thread again
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:
Abraham paid tithe even before Moses was born. Tithing has always stood on a separate ground. Again, you're the one incurring curses, not me.
Abraham did not pay tithe according to God's law.. He gave 1/10th of the spoils he gathered from a war to someone, that is not the same Tithing law Jesus Christ spoke of in that curse and it certainly has nothing to do with the Old Covernant tithe law which you all claim to follow in your church-worlds.
You know that God is not deceived right? He knows exactly why you pay tithe and to whom you pay it to. This is not about trying to explain anything to me here. The one you need to explain that to is the Almighty God who commanded one thing of you, yet you instead do another pretending you do that which is contrary to His commandments in His name. He sees into your heart and knows the Truth here.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by igbowoman: 5:18am On Jul 18, 2020
ComeToJesus:

You don't need no formular. Jesus is the formular. The blessings of Abraham through Tithing is transferred to the gentiles(non Jews) through Jesus.

Galatians 3:14 - That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Understandeth thou what thou readest?
Where is tithe in the verse you quoted?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Area4Area: 5:20am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:

Lack of understanding is what is plaguing most of you, but unfortunately, I don't have the patience to explain words that are clear.
You better don't have the patience, follow the old or new laws but stop mixing both. You can't pick tithes in the old law and leave out stoning of adulterers and stubborn children to death, animal sacrifices etc.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Jul 18, 2020
delkuf:
How did you became born again if I may ask
But you already made up your mind about my person. Let's leave it at that for now.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by delkuf(m): 5:23am On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But you already made up your mind about my person. Let's leave it at that for now.
Can you just explain to us. You keep claiming that you are a Christian
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 18, 2020
Area4Area:
You better don't have the patience, follow the old or new laws but stop mixing both. You can't pick tithes in the old law and leave out stoning of adulterers and stubborn children to death, animal sacrifices etc.

Jesus addressed all that, just like He addressed tithing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:30am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:
How did He address it? undecided
Where? undecided
Jesus Christ did not abolish or do away with the Old Covenant, so be sure it still exists. You are free to serve God under the old Covenant if you so choose. Only that God will never give you what He promised to His people Israel.
He made it clear not to store old wine in the new WineSkin. i.e., don't bother trying to put one foot in the old Covenant and another foot in the New Covenant. It won't work. undecided

Jesus Christ is the new Covenant, with only about 46 Commandments to booth; the old Covenant has about 613 Statues

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
That is why He told You that if you love Him, You will obey His own commandments, not the old Covenant

John 14:6(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.

18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by delkuf(m): 5:32am On Jul 18, 2020
THUNDER4real:
First of all, you have to know this is under Judaism. The word Christian has not emerged. Paying of tithe here is under mosaic law, to the levites( who has no inheritance), they are not suppose to work, they are set aside for God. They pay these tithes based on what Moses said, also remember they will still have a feast in which the levites eat from the tithe and give to the needy among them.( Deu 26 : 12)

Therefore Jesus is saying here that paying of tithe is good base on the Mosaic law(which benefits to both needy/ levites). However, since the death and resurrection of Jesus, These laws don't really apply to Christiandom, that's why we have pastors instead of levites. Jesus even know, that's the reason he made a parable/ narration on how people don't give to the needy, didn't visit them in prison etc and even cursed people that didn't show care.

I have not seen in the bible where Jesus cursed people that didn't pay tithe. we have more better things to worry about, like how to enter God's kingdom, not tithe. Tithe will never never give you access to God's kingdom.

You can also study Abraham tithing, it was done once to Melchizedek, it wasn't an every month or day thing. Also study how the apostles and early church started. They gave willingly to the gospel not by percentage calculation. The apostles never cursed or threatened those that didn't give, God loves a cheerful giver and that's where the blessing lies.
What is the meaning of the word Christian if I may ask. it means people like Christ and Christ said something in Matt 23:23 and you said the word Christian hasn't emerges. Christianity started when Christ came to this world
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by 2cribz: 5:33am On Jul 18, 2020
Na always tithe. Na hell fire u go end. Bishop of scam. Fool.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Area4Area: 5:33am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:

Meaning we should obey the new laws and stop picking up some laws in the old and to be practiced with the new.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by delkuf(m): 5:36am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:

Did you read the verse or you just want to argue? And what do you understand by counsel?
That is how he behaves. saying things out of context
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Abraham did not pay tithe according to God's law.. He gave 1/10th of the spoils he gathered from a war to someone, that is not the same Tithing law Jesus Christ spoke of in that curse and it certainly has nothing to do with the Old Covernant tithe law which you all claim to follow in your church-worlds.
You know that God is not deceived right? He knows exactly why you pay tithe and to whom you pay it to. This is not about trying to explain anything to me here. The one you need to explain that to is the Almighty God who commanded one thing of you, yet you instead do another pretending you do that which is contrary to His commandments in His name. He sees into your heart and knows the Truth here.

What is tithe again?

The someone was Melchizedek. He gave that tithe as an act of worship.

From your writeup you sound like you're accusing me of the reasons I choose to give my tithe? Don't you think that is very low of you? Do you even know me? What makes you think you know my reasons for paying tithe. At this point, I have to end this back and forth because it seems you're not mentally stable.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 18, 2020
delkuf:
That is how he behaves. saying things out of context

I'm telling you. He needs help.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by awoluyi(m): 5:38am On Jul 18, 2020
Debate on tithing keeps coming up evey now and then because of poor understanding of the holy Bible and especially the misinterpretation of word PROSPERITY as meaning entirely material possession.
PROSPERITY means to have in abundance.
Abundance of what?
Abundance of Knowledge, wisdom, peace,happiness, sound health, security, wealth, love, freedom etc.
Of all I have stated here "wealth" is the tangible.
I have always told people that the principle behind tithing might be difficult to fault. It's about giving to the service of God and humanity.
The Mosaic law made tithing compulsory (that is given under compulsion) as against the new testament teaching of giving cheerfully (freely).
Galatians 3:10 says, But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the scriptures say "Cursed is everybody who does not observe and obey all these commands that are written in God's Book of the Law."(NLT).
From this verse, we can see that it is not only non payment of tithes that puts one under curse but not obeying all the laws. If God is to bless and prosper us by strict adherence to keeping his laws, I have my doubt if anyone can have any prosperity to boast of.
We (believers and non believers) are blessed out of his loving kindness and not because of the percentage of our possessions we give back to him as our sign of appreciating Him.
The Yorubas say, "A person who doesn't appreciate a help or favour rendered to him is likened unto thief that takes away your possessions."
Every knowledgeable Christian should be able to take a stand on tithing based on personal conviction and not in fear.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How did He address it? undecided
Where? undecided
Jesus Christ did not abolish or do away with the Old Covenant, so be sure it still exists. You are free to serve God under the old Covenant if you so choose. Only that God will never give you what He promised to His people Israel.
He made it clear not to store old wine in the new WineSkin. i.e., don't bother trying to put one foot in the old Covenant and another foot in the New Covenant. It won't work. undecided

Jesus Christ is the new Covenant, with only about 46 Commandments to booth; the old Covenant has about 613 Statues

That is why He told You that if you love Him, You will obey His own commandments, not the old Covenant

He addressed divorce, adultery, children, tithe, and many others. Go and read your Bible. I doubt you're a Christian. You're a deceiver like your father the devil.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by anataala: 5:41am On Jul 18, 2020
Exactly my brother
Razzness:
These are the kind of things babalawo tell their victims in nollywood movies. Not every fraudster carries a laptop, some carry bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by godquality: 5:44am On Jul 18, 2020
Preying on people's fear. That's all religion is about. This tactic started with the early church and remains an effective tool after so many centuries.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:45am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:
What is tithe again?.
The Tithe is not just 1/10th. Oh no! It is a portion paid according to a set formulae and that formula was created by God Himself. That is what is referred to in the Old covenant, and By Jesus Christ when referencing Tithe in the Bible.
Nooil:
The someone was Melchizedek. He gave that tithe as an act of worship.
He gave just 1/10th... He could have given more or less but it just happens that it was 1/10th but that don't make it a tithe according to the Almighty God's tithing Law.
Nooil:
From your writeup you sound like you're accusing me of the reasons I choose to give my tithe? Don't you think that is very low of you? Do you even know me?
No, it is not very low of me. For you see either I do that or I join you in calling the Almighty God a Liar... by suggesting that any tithe will do when I know that is not the truth.
Nooil:
What makes you think you know my reasons for paying tithe. At this point, I have to end this back and forth because it seems you're not mentally stable.
Whatever reasons you have, as long as they are not according to God's stipulated formula, they cannot be of God or according to God. I will not lie on behalf of any man against my God, Never! Whatever your reasons, so long as you do not do it as God commands, then it is not of God.
Or Maybe you will prefer I say it how John the Apostle put it instead....

1 John 2 vs 3-6
3. If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4. If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth(Jesus Christ) is not in us.
5. But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6. If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:
He addressed divorce, adultery, children, tithe, and many others. Go and read your Bible. I doubt you're a Christian. You're a deceiver like your father the devil.
The Laws of the Old Covenant remain as they are. Jesus Christ never changed or did away with them. They are still as is written in the old covenant. Heaven and earth will pass away but the word of God will not!

You doubt I am a "Christian" because I use the very words of Jesus Christ to attack the lies you tell yourself and others in the name of God? Go ahead!

How secure do you feel now that you know His truth and that what you have been doing is living against His commandment? undecided
Will you continue disobeying God out of spite for my soul or will you turn from the counsel of the wicked men and look to God and His word for answers? undecided
Remember your pastor does not care about your soul after you leave for your home. He has his own soul to worry about since he too will one day, after building his kingdom on earth, answer to God for all the lies he told.
God is the one who can destroy both your body and your soul... He is the one you should fear more. He is the one whose obedience should be your all and all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Toxay(m): 5:54am On Jul 18, 2020
ComeToJesus:

I'm helping you to locate the choices available to you. It's good you have chosen red wine. Enjoy your wine in peace and let us that pay our tithes and happily be the mugu in peace. It's not too much to ask for...

If being a Christian equates to being a mugu,then I am not interested in coming to Jesus like your moniker suggests
You can prioritize your allegiance to your pastors over your evangelical assignment from Jesus

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by iramure(m): 5:56am On Jul 18, 2020
This man needs to be tamed. He is becoming a bad influence to upcoming nigeria youths, teaching them the arts of scamming using the holy book

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Jul 18, 2020
iramure:
This man needs to be tamed. He is becoming a bad influence to upcoming nigeria youths, teaching them the arts of scamming using the holy book
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by cocolacec(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2020
Gpapa77:
Here comes a generation that fears not the Lord, criticizing Pastors that are above them in everything.If you like make Daddy Freezer your Pastor,you will later know that he'll is not coldroom
Pastors are no different from ordinary people.Every society is structured towards the Egyptian pyramid so the masses are brainwashed to think the people at the top hierachy of the pyramid are superior to them.No pastor or Alfa hears from God,the visions they see is the work of spirits.There is no miracle anywhere except magic or illusion.
My question is where do you belong in the pyramid?
If poverty and progression is to come to Nigeria ,Religious leaders need to be incarcerated, if they dont stop their wrong doctrines and extortion tactics.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Anaedo1: 6:04am On Jul 18, 2020
ComeToJesus:
I pay my tithes. I am witnessing the uncommon blessings that come with it. No one puts a gun to my head to do it. I do it because its a covenant practice. Giving is love oriented and not gain oriented.

Every message has its intended recipients. It's not for the consumption of all. Its for those desirous of KINGDOM blessing.

It's not mandatory. If you aren't comfortable with ut, then it's your headache. All these bellyaching won't help anyone.

Tithing is a kingdom principle that Satan has blinded many to, using vessels like Freeze. Every vessel has its use. Freeze is carrying out his job description. You may follow Freeze and drink red wine + isi ewu with your tithe. It's no one business. It shouldn't be your business when I pay my tithes.

You are free to pay yours to a wine bar or to a red light zone. Its your funeral. It's your resources.

Another brainwashed fellow..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by OtemAtum: 6:11am On Jul 18, 2020
joyandfaith:

otematum
present

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by cocolacec(m): 6:16am On Jul 18, 2020
delkuf:
Just to let you know, he pays tithe to rccg. Even the church pays tithe too

Why is he not paying his tithe to the poor in Nigeria,why pay to another rich church when people are starving and desperation is forcing people into crime.?
With the number of churches and mosques Nigeria should be paradise on earth but unfortunately it is hellfire for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Chochovini: 6:20am On Jul 18, 2020
booscy:
HushPastor grin grin grin grin
. Hahahahahaha lols @HushPastor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by EmekaBlue(m): 6:21am On Jul 18, 2020
They ask u to pray for money but collect money from u...why don't they pray for Money to fall from heaven

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by achierosion(m): 6:23am On Jul 18, 2020
alloy123:
Tithe tithe everyday while you and your family fly on jets while tithe payers trek from ogun state to lagos state...Matthew 23 vs 23 says it all.
grin

Please I don't want to laugh this morningcheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by achierosion(m): 6:24am On Jul 18, 2020
Mblingz:
Who did he pay his own tithe to?
very dangerous question, can he answer? [left][/left] smiley smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Xioxing: 6:25am On Jul 18, 2020
OtemAtum:
What do you expect from a thief and his god Jehovah? They don't know more than cursing. Their holybook is filled with curses from Isaiah to Malachi. grin
Jehovah must be hungry to be asking people for money upandan cheesy
otem please reply emails.. I have been trying to contact you!!

Please Note:::: Otem is no ordinary being

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

LAGBUS Carrying Deeper Life Members From Easter Retreat Catches Fire (photos) / Pastor Omasan Mabiaku Delivers A Native Doctor, Destroys His Shrine In Delta / Pastor E.A Adeboye Posts On EndSARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.