Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,158 members, 7,829,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (58261 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Olibboy: 9:04am On Jul 18, 2020
Lovelyn451:
This wan preaching no dey ever pass tithe...tvheew
Na where e dey work na there e dey chop...Baba dey promote niii

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by pongwa(m): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2020
Hunt27:
Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide popularly known as Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo, via his Twitter account has stated that people who don’t pay tithe are “under a financial curse” and can never prosper.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidOyedepoMin/status/1283693102822125568
Tithing must not always be ten percent of monetary earnings? The emphasis on money is what baffles me

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by nogragra: 9:13am On Jul 18, 2020
Hunt27:
Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide popularly known as Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo, via his Twitter account has stated that people who don’t pay tithe are “under a financial curse” and can never prosper.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidOyedepoMin/status/1283693102822125568
What's with this man and tithes. So much love of money in religious household this days 2 Tim 3:1-5. The religious pastors have usurp authority of God Almighty to their own disaster because God did not assign them what they are doing Act 20:35. They don't do what the Bible says but throw their weight around on their blind followers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by yungevvy(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2020
piagetskinner:
Never insult a pastor by calling him fraud..

You don’t know who belongs to God and who doesn’t. You might just be laying curses on your head by insulting them

Tithing is an instruction from God, just obey it.. what ever the pastor does with it is his own business. You’ve fulfilled your own part of Gods injunction. This one no be development levy that you’ll be asking what the money was used for

God bless you bro.......one of the only sensible comments here.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by TAYO124: 9:16am On Jul 18, 2020
Jesus never laid emphasis on the numerical requirements as far as giving was concerned rather he dwelt on more important issues. I wonder where Oyedepo gets his information from?
Jesus talked about love, devotion and abiding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Chris4sur: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2020
Chris4sur:
Truth be said every Christian that leave on this earth need to pay tithe to their creator. It is an obligation we have to fulfill, for we are all children of Abraham by faith according to Apostle Paul in the new testament. We should therefore follow the foot steps of our father Abraham as he paid tithe. If you go through the Bible thoroughly you will find there reason and benefits why you should pay tithe, I have already mentioned some of these reasons above.

Tithe is meant to be paid to our creator, to glorify him and remind us that all we are and have came from God at the beginning of creation, it's our human way of saying to him thank you God, for what you have given me, in faith.

Jesus Christ came to earth with the sole purpose of salvation for the entire human race and he encourage the Jews to give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar not just in words but he put them in action also. Therefore, I say to you give to God what belongs to God in its fullest measure(10%) and more if you can. You can cheat man and he may not know but not your Creator he is all seeing with sight reaching everywhere you can think of.

Jesus Christ Instituted the Church, and handed it over to his apostles. Therefore I say to you support the church and the pastors with your tithe. As Christian which means follower of Christ would you want or like the only gift that Jesus Christ who United us with the father be lost or forgotten certainly not. The church is his gift to us and we should cherish it as much as it remains the dwelling place of God.

Jesus Christ is God and he has told to us that he and the father are one, the father is the creator and therefore Jesus Christ is also the creator. Jesus Christ has also said what ever you do unto these least or poor brothers/sisters of mine you do onto me. You do onto your creator too, If I give to the poor, I give to Jesus Christ, If I give to Jesus Christ, I give to the Father, If I give to the father, I am giving to my creator.

I speak the truth tithe can also be given to the hungry, the thirsty, the homeless, the sick and in general those who your heart and conscience tells you are desperately in need. When you give these people give anonymously to them, the full measure of you tithe, Remember you gave tithe to your creator that's the right way to view it and not you helping them but God is helping them. Leave a caring Christian message with the tithe to remind them that God cares for them. Do this anonymous too.

Jesus Christ died to save the entire human race, not only Christian but non Christians too. Therefore I say to you do not discriminate when you decide to give your tithe. For it is the wish of the Son(Jesus Christ) that everyone makes heaven, but he has given us free will and has not made us his slaves but his children what a Loving God. Give in faith that you can change the life of a Christian/non Christian to be a lover of God.

For Jesus Christ said if you love me you will keep my commandments, his commandments are just a summary of his Father's commandments given to the Prophet Moses. The essence of me writing this is to create awareness to my fellow Christians on how you can pay your tithe.

Evangelize this message to your fellow Christians. God bless you.

Read and share this to help you and fellow Christians understand tithe better
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by dele2k4(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2020
Shey tithe fit complete this period sha, thank God iam a Muslim.�

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kentuforchrist(m): 9:47am On Jul 18, 2020
desiredhome:

It's laughable when people keep deceiving themselves..... except you are not in Nigeria where nothing is working.......

Funny enough, these are the same people that will be shouting Buhari is these Buhari is that......

and how is it ur business u are nt paying my tithe for me, let us who pay our tithe pay it peace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2020
Kentuforchrist:
i give to charity and also pay my tithe with a pure heart

You know the truth with what you do. You don't have to tell me
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by THUNDER4real(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2020
delkuf:
What is the meaning of the word Christian if I may ask. it means people like Christ and Christ said something in Matt 23:23 and you said the word Christian hasn't emerges. Christianity started when Christ came to this world
Oga pack one side, Your deviating the topic, go and read your bible and tell me what happened in Antioch.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by jmoore(m): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2020
piagetskinner:
Never insult a pastor by calling him fraud..

You don’t know who belongs to God and who doesn’t. You might just be laying curses on your head by insulting them

Tithing is an instruction from God, just obey it.. what ever the pastor does with it is his own business. You’ve fulfilled your own part of Gods injunction. This one no be development levy that you’ll be asking what the money was used for
But the pastor can insult others by saying they are under curse, abi?
Emancipate yourself!!

Tithe has been abolished. None of your pastors is from the descendants of Levi.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by mrkings84(m): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2020
I don't disagree with this as a Christian, but my question is, what happens when u have no job, no steady source of income, and u are just surviving, do u still pay tithe??

(Hey, B4 u come tell me that one must pay the tithe even if he is dashed money, get my points)

How do someone who was in business, or working and was paying tithes B4 keep paying tithes when he is no longer working, or his business has crumbled? And he is in huge debts eg,house rent, children school fees, could not even feed the family etc....?

Pls do the person still pay tithe of whatever little income he gets?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Myer(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2020
Bodexman:
As for me, I'll continue to pray for God's mercy because He is so gracious in mercy.

And to the ever caring God, he'll turn every curse into blessings for me in Jesus name

Amen!

The problem is that people do not read their bibles. Hosea 4:6

That's why they are tossed everywhere by the crafty doctrines of men. Ephesians 4:14

Yes, not tithing used to attract curses on the Jews. Malachi 3:8-9

But the blood of Jesus redeemed all from the curses of the law. Galatians 3:13-14

Now you give willingly and cheerfully. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Not because there's any financial curse to it.
So many financially successfull non-Christians and even Christians don't tithe but give as they will.

Oyedepo is one of the biggest corrupted prosperity preachers who has exalted the love of money above God. 1 Timothy 6:5-10
Virtually all his messages are based on faith in tithes and seed sowing for financial prosperity, not faith in Jesus Christ.

The lockdown continues to expose these wolves in sheep clothing profiting of the gullible masses. Matthew 7:15-17

The irony is they invite you to their church with the message of salvation from every sin and curse.
But when you become a member the message changes. All of a sudden you're not completely saved and you are cursed if you do not pay tithes.

That's why most Christians pay tithes out of fear and not cheerful heart.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Andrew13: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

Tithing works for me!!! God has proven Himself Mighty in my Life. Even if I mistakenly use my tithe for something else, I must repay the tithe (backlog) once I get another money. I can't even sleep well when I don't pay my tithe!! I'm not supposed to tell you this[b] but I still owe God 3,000[/b]. I'll pay it when my next money comes. smiley For your information, I'm a school teacher!! smiley
no, you still owe Oyedepo 3000 grin cool

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by asanwafo: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2020
ComeToJesus:

You don't need no formular. Jesus is the formular. The blessings of Abraham through Tithing is transferred to the gentiles(non Jews) through Jesus.

Galatians 3:14 - That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
The use of "might" is an indication that there is no certitude in the promise made in the chapter & verse u quoted.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by desiredhome: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2020
Kentuforchrist:
and how is it ur business u are nt paying my tithe for me, let us who pay our tithe pay it peace

Lol....only the greedy falls victim to scammers.... That's the level of poverty in the land.....
Stop deceiving yourself, if it was working for you the way you claim, then we won't have this high rate of crime in the society.......a lot of you are under pressure to get rich quick are doing all sorts of crimes/evil just to stay relevant....
Stop living in illusion.....

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by dubezra: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2020
Now I know; many people just claim to be Christians and not people of kingdom of God:
In kingdom of God there is no owner ship,members of this kingdom are only stewards.i.e whatever you own you have was given by God to you.God came up with tithes as a system to monitor your loyalty to Him.
So He gives you hundred percent of something and tells you to give back Ten percent;to show your loyalty and in return you get not just more of that thing He gave you but,open heaven.
so when this man is talking, He is not talking to carnal men and unbelievers,but to spiritual people of this Kingdom.Some people are saying that there are rich people who don't tithe.Let me tell you what kingdom riches is:
Kingdom riches is time to serve God and pure source of riches/wealth.
Papa is a rich man, who even before he became rich and wealthy have been saying this and have been criticized again and again. His Ministry has the highest number of rich/wealthy people, and you think it is just luck as a carnal and unbeliever will think.
Go and Open your Church (without the call of God); Preach to people without the help of the Holyghost and see if you can make 1/10 of Oyedepo's Wealth.If you feel you are paying your tithe to a man,don't even waste your time paying it-You won't see open heaven.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by asanwafo: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2020
Kentuforchrist:
no one gonna stop me from paying my tithe cos there is a blessing in it .if u are pain nack ur head for wall
Student Pastor! There is no special blessing attached to it. Even those who don't pay get blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by chatinent: 10:13am On Jul 18, 2020
I was actually waiting for the 'touch not my anointed' crew. Pastors of doom. Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by petra1(m): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It seems some people’s minds have been opened by the effects of the COVID19. They got to realize that many things being preached in church aren’t real, and understand that nothing will happen if one stays at home on Sunday.

Pastor Oyedepo And Oyakilome have been bursted now, judging their aggressive agitation against the church closure caused by the outbreak of the pandemic.
The reason they have been so much antagonizing church closure is surely based on dwindling response to tithe and offering payment and being afraid of people ever being faithful to it again.

He understands his aggressive preaching against church closure isn’t working, hence the stylish urge for tithing backed up with curse

In 21st century. We are un cashless world . Sorry to burst your bubble Giving never stopped . We have been giving by bank transfer . tongue
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by asanwafo: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2020
Kentuforchrist:
it none of ur business if we pay our tithe or not,we aint paying it to you but to God If u are pain jump inside the lagoon, let us pay our tithe in peace
U pay it to man not God. I know u are a Pastor and this is an opportunity to defend ur means of livelihood.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by chatinent: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2020
dubezra:
Now I know; many people just claim to be Christians and not people of kingdom of God:
In kingdom of God there is no owner ship,members of this kingdom are only stewards.i.e whatever you own you have was given by God to you.God came up with tithes as a system to monitor your loyalty to Him.
So He gives you hundred percent of something and tells you to give back Ten percent;to show your loyalty and in return you get not just more of that thing He gave you but,open heaven.
so when this man is talking, He is not talking to carnal men and unbelievers,but to spiritual people of this Kingdom.Some people are saying that there are rich people who don't tithe.Let me tell you what kingdom riches is:
Kingdom riches is time to serve God and pure source of riches/wealth.
Papa is a rich man, who even before he became rich and wealthy have been saying this and have been criticized again and again. His Ministry has the highest number of rich/wealthy people, and you think it is just luck as a carnal and unbeliever will think.
Go and Open your Church (without the call of God); Preach to people without the help of the Holyghost and see if you can make 1/10 of Oyedepo's Wealth.If you feel you are paying your tithe to a man,don't even waste your time paying it-You won't see open heaven.

Here's a gullible and devoted person being used by his pastor without his permission. Who told you everyone will go to heaven? The bible also promise earthly paradise. Did your papa tell you? Such papacy for a mere man (fraud). Read 2 Tim 3: 1-5 and choose which you are.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Jones4190(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2020
If Pastors must do business alongside the work of God for any reason whatsoever, then they MUST stop collecting Tithe because God asked the children of Israel to pay tithe to the Levites because He forbid them from doing any other job or business apart from working in the synagogue.
remember we have 12 houses of Israel and the twelfth one is the levites who were charged with the responsibilities of taking care of the Synagogue. God specifically chose them among the 12 houses and He said they cannot own land nor farm but they must devote all their live in the Synagogue. For this reason, He charged the remaining eleven houses to bring the 10% of their fruits into the house of God so that there would be food and money for the chosen levites.
Numbers 18:20

tell oyedepo and co. to stop doing side business

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Genesis 28:20-22
Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”

Genesis 14:18-20
Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. And he blessed him and said:
"Blessed be Abram of God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth; And blessed be God Most High,
Who has delivered your enemies into your hand." And he gave him a tithe of all.

Matthew 23:23
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Numbers 18:21
“Behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tithes in Israel as an inheritance in return for the work which they perform, the work of the tabernacle of meeting.

Psalm 24:1
The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.

Psalm 50:12
“If I were hungry, I would not tell you;
For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

Haggai 2:8
‘The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3:8-12
"Will a man rob God?
Yet you have robbed Me!
But you say,
"In what way have we robbed You?"
In tithes and offerings.
You are cursed with a curse,
For you have robbed Me,
Even this whole nation.
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,"
Says the LORD of hosts,
"If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.
'And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground,
Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,'
Says the LORD of hosts;
And all nations will call you blessed,
For you will be a delightful land,”
Says the LORD of hosts.

1 Corinthians 9:9-14
For it is written in the law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain.” Is it oxen God is concerned about? Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things? If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ. Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the altar partake of the offerings of the altar? Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel.

Hebrews 7:4-10
Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. Now beyond all contradiction, the lesser is blessed by the better. Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by bizhop01: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2020
I see you don't need to declare that you're Christian before comment, even nairaland also suffering from religious madness.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by steeltrust: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2020
honestly this man isa clowngrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by somehow: 10:49am On Jul 18, 2020
gift2xl:
Christ said, I have not come to do away with the laws, but to strengthened them all.

Hope your wife or all the females in your family sit on ashes when mensurating?

Hope you are keeping the other 612 laws?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by MrFly(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2020
in a bid to buy another private jet. Jehovah is watching us all

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Slimmy0: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Decide on what you want to do and allow others to do what they want, God gave us freedom of choice.

As for me Bishop is on point. I am a proud WINNER.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by crackhouse(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2020
DOes Dangote pay tithe?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2020
So Jehovah Witnesses that do not believe in Tithe are cursed abi? This man eh!! Everything about him is all about money. A murderer, thief and armed robber that pays his tithe is blessed eh? Nothing about salvation and righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by silverkings: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2020
Globad:
Comedian

When it comes to tithes, they quote the old testament.

When it comes to dressing and other forms of judgement, they run away from the old testament

Smart comedians
There is tithe in new testament

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Lizzy, Transformed By Pastor Tony Rapu: Before And After Photos / Is Hot Leather Jeans Right To Wear To Church? / Dominion Air: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches New Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.