Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years (23466 Views)

Sergio Ramos Leaves Real Madrid After 16 Years / Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Codes151(m): 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

You think it's coincidence that Man Utd premier league trophy triumph stopped just about the same time Howard Webb retired..

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA..
ogebeni. Stfu
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Boatswain: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

You forgot to mention how the Glaziers family's money bag bought Howard Webb for your darling Man Utd...

You think it's coincidence that Man Utd premier league trophy triumph stopped just about the same time Howard Webb retired..

Don't you also wonder that despite Ferguson 26 years as a Man Utd coach he could only win 2 champions league??.. I guess he couldn't influence UEFA board like he did Webb and English FA..

O boy grin
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Eteka1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
alfredilly:
Leeds united was one of English top flight regular that survived into modern era. This club have a history of parading some exception player. With Eric Cantona in 1991 before joining Man united.

Recent star player include,

Rio Ferdinand,
Allan Smith
Mark Viduka
Harry Kewell
Lee Bowyer
Ian Harte

Leeds united of old, they were one of Man united rival after Liverpool. Can't believe they were in champions league semi final in 2001 playing Valencia
Pls remind me of the name of that their exceptional goalie that year.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by blowjohn(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
SarkinYarki:
Chei...This means all hope is not lost for Nigeria !!!! One day Nigeria will eventually make all of us proud

But our own 16 years don pass since more than 40 years ago na grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by KunleyY19(m): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
Can Marcelo Bielsa do another Chris Wilder?
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by SarkinYarki: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
blowjohn:

But our own 16 years don pass since more than 40 years ago na grin grin grin grin grin

Na true ooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
dominique:

They used to qualify for champions league in the 90s and early 2000s. In fact [s]the season they got relegated, they made it to the knockout stage of UCL[/s]
Rule 8:Don't post false information on Nairaland.Leeds united last made it to the UCL in 2001 where they lost in the semis to Finalists Valencia.The previous season before their relegation they finished outside the top 4 and didn't qualify for UCL.The season before that they qualified for only the UEFA CUP(europa league).As a moderator who bans people for breaking forum rules,this is highly unexpected.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
wich dem best of luck.hope dey also do d Leicester style
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Onare66(m): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congrats to Marcelo Bielsa & his team for gaining promotion back to the english top flight league
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by LeeSmart: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Lets welcome them to the most overrated Moda fuckkking league on planet earth
EPL is damnnnnn overrated
I keep on saying it if we should merge bundesliga, laliga, seria A, ligue 1( french ligue), and EPL
Then i can bet my balls that no EPL team will make top eight
hmmm Mr slawormir overrated u said?
I de suspect say u just escape yaba left
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by madjune(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2020
How time flies.

I remember enjoying their games with Mark Viduka and golden haired Smith making great runs through defenses.

This was 1997.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by mrpablo(m): 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
internationalman:

how many champions league do Chelsea have in total
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Depressedkidd: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
vanida6:
Ewww 16years cheesy congratulations to then,,,,,may then re-tight their belts premier league is so damm hot cheesy may den ask norwich cheesy den go tell dem
Bielsa na mad dude o. Guy will do what Sheffield and wolves have done. Top 8 finish for him next season.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Depressedkidd: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
madjune:
How time flies.

I remember enjoying their games with Mark Viduka and golden haired Smith making great runs through defenses.

This was 1997.
Good evening sir.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by ubev01(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Leeds, my 2nd fav team. Welcome back
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by ubev01(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
madjune:
How time flies.

This was 1997.
Kewell too

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by wonder233: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
True sha... their case go hard no be small. But anything can happen sha.. 1998/99 season, Man City, Burnley, Bournemouth were in league one too
Heineken:
bro can Sunderland really come back? They are in league one now o.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Heineken(m): 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
wonder233:
True sha... their case go hard no be small. But anything can happen sha.. 1998/99 season, Man City, Burnley, Bournemouth were in league one too
their case over hard boss. I pity them.. Those championship English no dey hear word. Na as the England league dey go down, naso dem bad reach... League two bad pass league one, league one bad pass championship, and championship hard pass premier. Sunderland ain't coming anytime soon at all. See Cardiff, hull and co. As it is now boss, hull dey road to league one.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by wonder233: 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chai! True talk. I agree with you 100%. The reason many teams dey dread relegation na because those lower leagues too hard.. Too many stubborn teams grin grin grin
Heineken:
their case over hard boss. I pity them.. Those championship English no dey hear word. Na as the England league dey go down, naso dem bad reach... League two bad pass league one, league one bad pass championship, and championship hard pass premier. Sunderland ain't coming anytime soon at all. See Cardiff, hull and co. As it is now boss, hull dey road to league one.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by earnit3: 11:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
ok
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by alfredilly: 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2020
Eteka1:
Pls remind me of the name of that their exceptional goalie that year.
Nigel Martyn I guess

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Heineken(m): 12:41am On Jul 19, 2020
wonder233:
Chai! True talk. I agree with you 100%. The reason many teams dey dread relegation na because those lower leagues too hard.. Too many stubborn teams grin grin grin
lol boss. Over stubborn sef worry them. I wish Leeds well Sha.

1 Like

Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by madjune(m): 3:29am On Jul 19, 2020
Depressedkidd:

Good evening sir.

And so what?
What's good or bad about the evening?

You think everyone that comes into the platform for some news is juvenile?
Better grow some brain while you're young lest your evening sneaks past you.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by oyetpel(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
internationalman:

Yeah, Howard Webb was a great signing for Manchester United.

He referred all Man Utd matches, and gave the penalties in each game.

He even assisted Rooney and Ronaldo with 15 assists.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by oyetpel(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Lets welcome them to the most overrated Moda fuckkking league on planet earth
EPL is damnnnnn overrated
I keep on saying it if we should merge bundesliga, laliga, seria A, ligue 1( french ligue), and EPL
Then i can bet my balls that no EPL team will make top eight

Its packaging man.

EPL beats all with packaging.

And besides, those other European clubs are not as rich as a club in 15th position in EPL. So when they meet EPL teams in Europe they tend to play their hearts out like relegation teams battling to survive. And also to showcase themselves in other for big clubs to sign them.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by Depressedkidd: 1:15am On Jul 20, 2020
madjune:

And so what?
What's good or bad about the evening?

You think everyone that comes into the platform for some news is juvenile?
Better grow some brain while you're young lest your evening sneaks past you.
Bruh you're just way too serious, guess you were too busy growing a brain while you were young you forgot to grow a sense of humour too while at it. Suck my dich n Piss off.
Re: Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years by madjune(m): 6:37am On Jul 20, 2020
Depressedkidd:

Bruh you're just way too serious, guess you were too busy growing a brain while you were young you forgot to grow a sense of humour too while at it. Suck my dich n Piss off.

What sense of humour displaces the import of "good evening" to anybody?
Knock it off.
Mockery or sarcasm turns into jokes when it's not on you.
Anyway, i was in my teens then and not some grandpa as you would have me be.
Suck ma dk good nacht.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre Joins Al-Ittihad In Saudi Arabia. / Jubilation As Governor Gifts Super Eagles $50,000 For AFCON Qualification.Photos / Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.