Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? (32672 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family / Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Zombiekiller010: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
shocked

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by bluefilm: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
I see nothing wrong in it.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by lomprico(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
yes ok but if the person is a guy, you should make your husband know him too and if you are a lady vice versa.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by pappilo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
abysirius:
Hi Nairalanders,

Greetings to everyone in the house. Trust we are all enjoying the weekend. As regards to the above-mentioned subject. What is your take on this? Would u allow your partner have a close friend that is of opposite sex? Briefly give your reason (s) and state what you believe should be the ideal arrangement in a family setting.

I was listening to a program on the radio earlier this morning on Raypower FM before power outage. However, I have to put it on this platform out of curiosity to know how we feel about it. Personally, it is a capital NO for me. But of course, one of the 2 callers that called in before power cut termed it as insecurity as nothing seems to be wrong with the idea. Do you agree?

Mod pls help push this to the front page. Thanks.

Never! It is never okay if one of the 'friends' is in any sort of relationship.

My ex-wife started off as friends with a colleague. But once she started hiding to take calls from him, it was obvious this was more than friendship.

Like a bad Nollywood movie, I ended up out of my own home, sleeping in a freaking cold garage that had been converted to a single room while her friend ended up in my warm bed and became the de facto dad to my kids.

Fear women o!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
Provided there are boundaries and no unnecessary meetings. Above all, it wouldn't be bad for your partner to know such friends as it helps put you under caution.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by sapientia(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
i give up
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by newguy1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
It’s should b a taboo
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by AntiWailer: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
Yes. To help u out.

An extra d1ckk to cry on

Extra breast to cry on

If that is what u want, it is fine. Other wise.

Come OFF IT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
ronketins:
[url=https

Chief, if you want views for your website, try this part of Nairaland called 'Sexuality section'

Click here

There you will find all the views and clicks you want. And you will be glad you did.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Alexaonfleek: 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2020
abysirius:
Hi Nairalanders,

Greetings to everyone in the house. Trust we are all enjoying the weekend. As regards to the above-mentioned subject. What is your take on this? Would u allow your partner have a close friend that is of opposite sex? Briefly give your reason (s) and state what you believe should be the ideal arrangement in a family setting.

I was listening to a program on the radio earlier this morning on Raypower FM before power outage. However, I have to put it on this platform out of curiosity to know how we feel about it. Personally, it is a capital NO for me. But of course, one of the 2 callers that called in before power cut termed it as insecurity as nothing seems to be wrong with the idea. Do you agree?

Mod pls help push this to the front page. Thanks.
No!!!!
I don't like sharing smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Trainee223: 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Capital NO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Reex12(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lol
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
paulolee:
not even alllwed for bea to try that when dating not to talk of courtship or marriage..
the only male friends dt my bea is allowed to have are my brothers and her brothers..
Reasons- girls having male friends and besties have done more harm than good in relationship....thank u

Why marry to someone you cannot trust? Marriage isn't a do or die affair na abi na slavery?

3 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by charllykay: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Its a question of mind over matters. if one dont mind, it doesn't matter. So far you trust your spouse and you dont have a reason to be insecure. Its all about trust.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by joxxy01(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hell No..
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by ObaKlaz: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
No way!

And don't even call me 'jealous' to make me bend or feel bad, because God even calls Himself A JEALOUS GOD.

No male 'bestie' for her, and no female bestie for me.

4 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Romangalactic(m): 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
Cococandy what do you think here?
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by xynerise: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
I am supposed to be her best friend. No argument

3 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by paulolee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
GboyegaD:

Why marry to someone you cannot trust? Marriage isn't a do or die affair na abi na slavery?
yea, i kno where you are coming from but i jus dnt buy dt idea of my partner having a male Friend because some guys are jus too desperate....

3 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Exponental(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
I have many of them with no string attached.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Iwillsurvivedis: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ere ki la ja ba ekun shey? Which kain play Dog dey play with leopard. Las las na food e go become.....

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by adewale2011(m): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
shocked Mad o!!!
Kriss216:
God forbid!

If I'm not okay for my wife as friendship, then, I'm afraid she would be friendless.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
pappilo:

Never! It is never okay if one of the 'friends' is in any sort of relationship.

My ex-wife started off as friends with a colleague. But once she started hiding to take calls from him, it was obvious this was more than friendship.

Like a bad Nollywood movie, I ended up out of my own home, sleeping in a freaking cold garage that had been converted to a single room while her friend ended up in my warm bed and became the de facto dad to my kids.

Fear women o!

So sorry about your experience.. Marital infidelity is one of the worst forms of betrayal.. I hope you're in a better place now.. Take care

5 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by IvarTheBoneless: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
Heavens forbid grin

Every man has that opportunistic streak.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
Me too, I see such restrictions as due to lack of trust and controlling and could even lead to infidelity. I think we just need to be free and honest, and take things with grace and maturity.
lilyheaven:
I don’t see any wrong with it

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by onegb(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
Yes but keep the limit
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by PHIPEX(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
They can be familiar or close colleagues but not friends. There is a difference between a colleague, acquaintance and a friend. Friendship runs deep and I can't allow that for my wife neither will I keep one.

A friend is someone you can easily run to at your moment of happiness or weakness which are the most vulnerable moments, why should it be an opposite sex whose intentions can change any moment?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Exponental(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
dodelight:
It's more of what works for you as a couple. My wife has male colleagues who are close friends with her and I don't feel threatened by them; she knows her limit. When our first child was delivered through CS, the first pap she would take was brought by my own close female friend (someone I intended to marry years back) who now happened to be a nurse in the ward, and she was there for my wife till discharge. When there was a problem at the early stage of the pregnancy, it was that same friend of mine that made sure my wife was attended to on time by calling the doctor at the emergency (UCH, Ibadan) and claiming my wife is her inlaw. I don't like to be caged, so I don't cage my wife. We know how far we can go, and we live our lives with God's grace.
Some people here are kids, they don't understand relationship. With my relationship with women, if a woman wants to cheat, forget story. Do you know some muslim women who cover their faces (eleha, some of them have lovers)? No insult to the religion but cheating is a personal thing.

4 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by paulolee(m): 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
dodelight:
It's more of what works for you as a couple. My wife has male colleagues who are close friends with her and I don't feel threatened by them; she knows her limit. When our first child was delivered through CS, the first pap she would take was brought by my own close female friend (someone I intended to marry years back) who now happened to be a nurse in the ward, and she was there for my wife till discharge. When there was a problem at the early stage of the pregnancy, it was that same friend of mine that made sure my wife was attended to on time by calling the doctor at the emergency (UCH, Ibadan) and claiming my wife is her inlaw. I don't like to be caged, so I don't cage my wife. We know how far we can go, and we live our lives with God's grace.
i love your balls...wished i gat jus one of them..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.