Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? (32706 Views)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex / Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family / Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by frozen70(f): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
MichaelBlake40:

I didn't know you have met all the men in this world, to know that they have an "oat to cheat by default"

Now you know
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by frozen70(f): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
eni4real:
You are talking in the Rubbish undecided

And you stupidly read it
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
PROTECT YOUR MARRIAGE!

Even if you are married to the best spouse in the whole world,
if you do not guard your heart, you may end up "falling in love"
with someone aside your spouse and eventually ruin your
marriage.
No one gets married and plans to have affair but lots of
married men and women are into affairs today because they
slept when they should have been wide awake with their five
senses alert.

1. Don't be too friendly with the opposite sex.
This is where lots of married people land in trouble.
Over spirituality and pride will destroy your marriage!
You can't handle close
friendship with the opposite sex as a married person. Your
heart is involved.
Set boundaries.
Be disciplined.
Be cordial.
Be respectful.
Be godly.
Be holy.

2. Don't share your personal problems with an opposite sex
friend.
It will bond you together. Problems bond people.

3. Don't contact any opposite sex you are fond of.
If you secretly admire them, you are fond of them and there is a
tingling in your heart at the mere thought of them, don't
contact!

4. Avoid unnecessary eye contact that lingers with the
opposite sex.

5. Don't tell an opposite sex you are romantic or sexy.
That private information is for your spouse only.

6. Avoid discussions with the opposite sex when you are tired,
very sad, depressed, sorrowful, drowsy, sleepy or very sick.
This can cloud your judgment and make you say silly things.
Talk to your husband/wife instead.

7. Avoid unnecessary compliment of the opposite sex.

8. Stop saying "I love you" to the opposite sex.
For what?

9. Work on your Marriage. Keep the fire of love and romance
alive in your Marriage.

10. Protect your Family.
Don't share your marital problems with your opposite sex friend.
It will bond you.

11. Never flirt with the opposite sex.

12. Mind the pictures you post on social media. Limit pictures that show your curves or portray you as sexy.

13. Do not contact all your EX after marriage.

14. Don't chat with the opposite sex on the days you are Hot.

15. Stop focusing on your spouse's weaknesses and appreciate their strengths.
If you always see the bad side of your spouse, you will be angry, bitter, critical and look for someone who can "understand" you and make you happy aside your spouse. That is the beginning of an emotional affair and eventual sexual affair. It is the beginning of the end of a once glorious marriage!

FLEE from all appearance of evil is what the Bible says.
What you will not eat, don't bring it to your nose. Don't smell it!

Don't start what you cannot finish!

Avoid all emotional and sexual affairs. They will destroy your
marriage!

May you not take a step that will lead to eternal regret in
Jesus' name.

PLEASE SEEK FOR THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT CALLED SELF CONTROL AND ALWAYS ANCHOR YOUR THOUGHTS ON PHIL 4:8.
GOD BLESS YOU.

Let this message get to the Good Women Leader and Men's Fellowship Leader and let them share it on their various group platforms so all married men and women will get it. Let them discuss it at their meetings.

The Lord will keep our homes, marriages and keep us pure to reign with Him in Jesus name. Amen.
Happy Sunday.

7 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Holaomoakin(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
EngineerBode:
As a newly married person, you should keep less single friends. Same or opposite sex. Focus on your family

Don't mind those flirts that are manipulative. They will say you are not matured enough for them to keep friends of the opposite sex. Cheating is not only sleeping around. Comparing your partner to your friend of the opposite sex is cheating. Ignoring advice or instructions from your partner because the opposite sex friend said otherwise is cheating. Your husband or wife plan something with you, you go tell your opposite sex friend about it. The opposite sex friend says he/she does not like it, then you go back and tell your husband/wife that you are not going with the plan is cheating

Some will even travel far distance, from one state to the other to visit opposite sex.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by dodelight(m): 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kenstufez:
Male colleagues lol, be saving money for DNA test okay because e go happen. I guess you're trying to feel civilized and all, probably showing how you're more like Oyibo haha but e go shock you!

I was actually expecting a comment like this since. I know someone will talk about DNA bla bla bla... But understand: we may live in the same country, same state, same town, even same street, yet we do not live in the same world- our realities are different. I'll respect you for the world you live in; I hope you'll respect mine. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by dodelight(m): 11:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
Keji1012:

U are never a marlian grin
And I'll never be.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by dodelight(m): 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Slimsly100:

Bros make I ask again
ARE YOU FOR REALLLLLLL
And let me answer again. Yes I Am. This life is simplier than me been worried about someone cheating behind my back.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by dodelight(m): 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
justsaypeter001:

Oga, are you sure something is not already going on between you and that Nurse. I wouldn't have said this, but when you said she was somebody you should have married in the past. That calls for concern o.

The truth is that, that previledge can be abused by either party. So, I will say NO. I will never allow my wife to have bestie of opposite sex and I won't have too. Shikenaa
Nothing is going on between me and her, and nothing will. She's taken me like her own brother and that is a trust I must protect by all means. I said I intended to marry her. We didn't actually get to date at all as she turned down my advances. She too is married now with a kid.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by dodelight(m): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
paparazi1:
Oga you sure say you no de do like that with the nurse at the back of your wife.
She's more of a blood sister to me now than a would be lover, and I can't bleep my sister.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by mandate12: 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
ojuu4u:

Go back for my last paragraph......we know type, even if wife bring concubine, its normal because of trust u guys had built, even when you watch pants and do house chore, it is kind of love and feelings you had developed for her, if she says she don't want to see ur people, ......wife must has says in marriage.

Oga u free ur wife while you entered cage.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by earnit3: 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
no
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Sniper101(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
OP

I think, this right here sums it all up
...and it's vice versa

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by mandate12: 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
ojuu4u:

Bastard kid u re taken care will cut off ur head one day!!!

cheesy cheesy.. ROTFL.. This man, u b real case.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Thazard(m): 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
PHIPEX:
They can be familiar or close colleagues but not friends. There is a difference between a colleague, acquaintance and a friend. Friendship runs deep and I can't allow that for my wife neither will I keep one.

A friend is someone you can easily run to at your moment of happiness or weakness which are the most vulnerable moments, why should it be an opposite sex whose intentions can change any moment?
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 19, 2020
Whatever works for you, personally it's not a problem for me. Some men demand their wives to use a new sim card and delete their old Facebook accounts in the name of marriage, that's BS. I don't expect her to stop talking to or keeping male friends, I'm not going to do that as well. Everyone should respect and know their limits, it's that simple.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Awesome01(m): 12:31am On Jul 19, 2020
dodelight:
And let me answer again. Yes I Am. This life is simplier than me been worried about someone cheating behind my back.

Same here bros. If you like follow your spouse around like a bodyguard, person wey go cheat go cheat. Toto and kondo no get meter.

Having an opposite sex friend is not a yardstick for cheating. Many saying No no no here thinks by not allowing your spouse have opposite sex friends guarantees they will stay faithful?

What if your spouse is bisexual and you didn't know? Means same sex friends too are not allowed?

Abegi!!! Know yourself and know + trust your spouse, and expect same. Like someone said earlier everyone that is in a committed relationship must maintain a boundary with all his friends, colleagues, religious members, families etc.

Life is too short to me to get hypertension because of woman o.

2 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by oluikotun: 12:40am On Jul 19, 2020
paulolee:
not even alllwed for my girl to try that when we are dating not to talk of courtship or marriage..
the only male friends that my girl or wife is allowed to have are my brothers and her blood brothers and also her cousins aint allowed too..
Reasons- girls having male friends and besties have done more harm than good in relationship...thats my opinion, thank u
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by maxibrainz02(m): 2:53am On Jul 19, 2020
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 3:04am On Jul 19, 2020
dodelight:
I was actually expecting a comment like this since. I know someone will talk about DNA bla bla bla... But understand: we may live in the same country, same state, same town, even same street, yet we do not live in the same world- our realities are different. I'll respect you for the world you live in; I hope you'll respect mine. Thanks.

Well composed.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by DedeNkem: 3:09am On Jul 19, 2020
abysirius:
Hi Nairalanders,

Greetings to everyone in the house. Trust we are all enjoying the weekend. As regards to the above-mentioned subject. What is your take on this? Would u allow your partner have a close friend that is of opposite sex? Briefly give your reason (s) and state what you believe should be the ideal arrangement in a family setting.

I was listening to a program on the radio earlier this morning on Raypower FM before power outage. However, I have to put it on this platform out of curiosity to know how we feel about it. Personally, it is a capital NO for me. But of course, one of the 2 callers that called in before power cut termed it as insecurity as nothing seems to be wrong with the idea. Do you agree?

Mod pls help push this to the front page. Thanks.

I personally don't recommend it. My reason is that, such relationship could develop into real love if care is not taken. The guy is always ready to f*uck the so-called "female friend" if he sees the slightest opportunity!

No man would like to have an unattractive woman as a close friend, that's a fact. In other words, men like to have potential f*uckable women as "close friends".

On the other hand, women don't care if their male friends are good-looking or not. And when a woman wants you as a platonic friend (friendzoning), she actually meant it. When you chase a woman and she puts you in a friendzone, she's indirectly indicating she's NOT romantically attracted to you. Although, if the guy is handsome and successful, some women may start falling.

In essence, a successful platonic relationship happens only if the woman absolutely lacks sexual attraction for the guy! She holds the key.

If you're a woman reading this and you think you have a male friend you trust, test him, you'll see he'll want to f*uck you.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by MichaelBlake40: 5:29am On Jul 19, 2020
frozen70:

Now you know
I know for sure that i'm not among them
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by McSlow: 6:16am On Jul 19, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Not really a problem sha if your husband or wife have a close friend of the opposite sex

But just that most women can abuse it anyday anytime twice on the day they are emotionally traumatized or rather when they have little or financial problems in thier marriage

Because most times when women are facing little problem and emotional issues they tend to be vulnerable and quickly find comfort, solace and consolation from that close friend.....and as a result they can easily succumb to sexual advances from that male friend
cheesy
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Not really a problem sha if your husband or wife have a close friend of the opposite sex

But just that most women can abuse it anyday anytime twice on the day they are emotionally traumatized or rather when they have little or financial problems in thier marriage

Because most times when women are facing little problem and emotional issues they tend to be vulnerable and quickly find comfort, solace and consolation from that close friend.....and as a result they can easily succumb to sexual advances from that male friend
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by dodelight(m): 6:20am On Jul 19, 2020
Awesome01:

Same here bros. If you like follow your spouse around like a bodyguard, person wey go cheat go cheat. Toto and kondo no get meter.

Having an opposite sex friend is not a yardstick for cheating. Many saying No no no here thinks by not allowing your spouse have opposite sex friends guarantees they will stay faithful?

What if your spouse is bisexual and you didn't know? Means same sex friends too are not allowed?

Abegi!!! Know yourself and know + trust your spouse, and expect same. Like someone said earlier everyone that is in a committed relationship must maintain a boundary with all his friends, colleagues, religious members, families etc.

Life is too short to me to get hypertension because of woman o.
Thank you! And that's the point. Your last statement summarizes it all.
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Keji1012(m): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2020
dodelight:
And I'll never be.

Try and be grin
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by ojuu4u(m): 6:57am On Jul 19, 2020
Billionsclub:
it is a capital no. There is no vacuum in life. cheating does not happen in a day. it begins from friendship.. once you are already preparing for marriage, develop a continuous flow of communication with your spouse

I salute your thinking, let them go to government offices and see how two staffs started from being friend..... Close friends........... Office romance........from there marriages having issues and scatter.

The way all those ogas and pastors fucking people wives are alarming and these started from unnecessary friendship that developed to intimacy and sex.

Testosterone, oxytocin and devils are factors which human being cannot control and more often overpowered human beings to having sex to expected persons.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Simvan: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2020
Destinylink:
It's a no no for me.!
This life nor balance at all.
Before you know now, them go dey gbegbesuegbe for my back. grin grin

Iregbesuegbe grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Jsucre(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2020
I've many of them with no string attached. Life depends on you
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2020
Don't know what Africans think marriage is

An African juju maqurade group?
Secret society?
MONKS In Temple?

That you can't have opposite sex as friend nor move out of your marriage when you two is not working anymore

IN AFRICA THERE ARE PROBLEM OUR GOVERNMENT CREATE FOR US AND THERE ARE FAR WORSE BURDEN WE PUT ON OUR OWN SELF OUT OF IGNORANCE AND RELIGION

WE NEED AN INSTITUTION THAT WILL SHARPEN OUR BRAIN(THINKING AND UNDERSTANDING) Down there in Africa
Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2020
abysirius:
Hi Nairalanders,

Greetings to everyone in the house. Trust we are all enjoying the weekend. As regards to the above-mentioned subject. What is your take on this? Would u allow your partner have a close friend that is of opposite sex? Briefly give your reason (s) and state what you believe should be the ideal arrangement in a family setting.

I was listening to a program on the radio earlier this morning on Raypower FM before power outage. However, I have to put it on this platform out of curiosity to know how we feel about it. Personally, it is a capital NO for me. But of course, one of the 2 callers that called in before power cut termed it as insecurity as nothing seems to be wrong with the idea. Do you agree?

Mod pls help push this to the front page. Thanks.

It depends on what you call friendship!

Nobody can afford to be an island, wherever you may be.

The criteria is that there must be a definition of that relationship.

To maintain sanity of all parties concerned, your spouse must know that friend of yours. Not necessarily meeting the friend for introduction.

It might be difficult to list all such friends and be telling your spouse, however when their matter comes up in your conversation or telephone calls, be ready to tell your spouse who the person is. This is simple respect for your spouse. DON'T ever discuss with friends in hush tones, you're looking for trouble.

Finally, an open declaration of such friends to your spouse is for your own safety, fidelity-wise.

Any kind of friendship that's not treated this way, can slip into a compromised situation.

1 Like

Re: Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? by Holaomoakin(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2020
dodelight:
Nothing is going on between me and her, and nothing will. She's taken me like her own brother and that is a trust I must protect by all means. I said I intended to marry her. We didn't actually get to date at all as she turned down my advances. She too is married now with a kid.

Shai, I hope this is not a new love avenue!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Pic: Nigerian Proposed After 6 Months, Then Told Wife He Only Wedded Her 4 Visa / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.