Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? (26348 Views)

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers / Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by IrepChrist: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
AdeniyiA:
Choir is a very sensitive position in the church, the happenings in a choir band is more spiritual than physical, unfortunately most members can't pay the price.

They are occupying the position once held by Satan in heaven before being casted down due to pride. She sang for God and songs are so spiritual than being mundane... In summary, it's d devil always working very hard to destroy the choir members, unknowingly to them. And when choir are possessed, it'd be very difficult for the Holy spirit to move in that environment...

These are my thoughts the leadership needs to do more by getting close to this Sensitive department not by being Strict about who is dating but finding out there motives..... Some might actually find there better half there.....
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by objobj: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Openbusiness4:
u date deacons or pastors? sad

grin
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by kulu80(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Because 90 percent of choristers are young adults which mostly singles
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Tonytonex(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
I think it's because LIKES ATTRACT LIKES
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by bonnyhope: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:
I'm a chorister but I don't date my fellow choristers.

Infact choristers don't date themselves in my church.

I'm a Catholic.

Make we date na

Have been looking for a Catholic faithful
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by TeetoEsq(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
That's a platform created by the church for members to mingle and move on... So dating is not a crime.

They must test-drive before payment

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by JordanMichael(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:

I'm a Catholic.
U say wetin?? U speak 4 yourself
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by okunwaye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dating abi fuking cheesy
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Liposure: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bahamas95:
It's common in these effizy churches, especially those two wey their daddy G.O dey fry hair and the other one wey get bald hair grin.

Their choristers can date for Africa, even the way dem dey hug themselves before and after service in the name of greeting you go think say na club dem dey. Another annoying thing be say dem sabi form die.
lol
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Ifeanyimike123: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Check the book
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by jasonware: 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Proximity and common interests.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Alashoalash10: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
IrepChrist:
And many times it is concealed and done in secrecy.... Is it Godly without the Pastor's approval.... I need sincere responses...
it is because they are not born again in the Bible way they are religious sinner not so in all churches
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by RTSC: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
People don't fear God.

Choristers having sex with each other is the same sin that was done in the Old Testament where some priests offered strange fires to God.

And God thundered against them in anger and killed them.

It's the same exact same thing but in different form.

Grace covers this generation sha.

But for how long?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Amanda4life: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
THE KIND FORNICATION THAT HAPPENS THERE.

NO WONDER LUCIFER WAS A CHORISTER

Catholic eeh
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Sezua(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:

I'm a Catholic.

story
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by sonofthunder: 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2020

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Chessg(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Theta1:
Am different. I have been a chorister for 16years and I didn't date anyone in an choir I found myself. My wife have never been a chorister.
I don't know if your research is correct.
only you out of 1million choristers fit say this thing o

well what do I know
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by SeekHim: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
Here is the ABC of Salvation:

A-Acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner and that you can not save yourself. Psalms 51: 5
B- Believe that it is only Jesus that can save you. Romans 10:10, Acts 4: 12
C- Confess your sins, repent from them and be converted (Never go back to them). Romans 10: 9. Call upon Jesus to forgive you and be saved today (Romans 10:13).

Follow these steps now please! Tomorrow may be too late! Death may come, Rapture may take place before you act! Don't delay!!!
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
paxonel:
It is a normal occurence in all choir and there is nothing bad about it.
If the church are sincere enough to accept that there is nothing wrong about it that is when the choristers will be open about it, but so long the church keep being hypocritical saying it is bad then it will remain secret among the choristers grin

What!!Dating in the church is not bad to you??
Bro,this issue is really rampant in almost all the churches choir.Will you believe that most of them commit sexual immoralities and still mount the altar to minister.
This pollutes the altar of God and thank God we are in the dispensation of grace if not many guilty of it will have been struck dead at the altar.
The church have no problem if it is done in a holy way only for intending couples.The church will counsel them and give them advices.
The case in most churches is that teenagers indulges in amorous relationship through this process
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
TeetoEsq:
That's a platform created by the church for members to mingle and move on... So dating is not a crime.

They must test-drive before payment

Huhn!!
Sexual sin and fornication is a sin against your own body and God
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by tiswell(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hintona:

I'm a Catholic.
Nice advert
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by litaninja(m): 2:05am On Jul 20, 2020
Why are young people in close proximity having social relationships with each other? Seriously...that's your question
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by paxonel(m): 2:30am On Jul 20, 2020
PRE4:

What!!Dating in the church is not bad to you??
Bro,this issue is really rampant in almost all the churches choir.Will you believe that most of them commit sexual immoralities and still mount the altar to minister.
which of the sexual immorality?
Rape, adultery or double dating, please specify

This pollutes the altar of God and thank God we are in the dispensation of grace if not many guilty of it will have been struck dead at the altar.
The church have no problem if it is done in a holy way only for intending couples.The church will counsel them and give them advices.
The case in most churches is that teenagers indulges in amorous relationship through this process
when two adults find themselves attractive to each other in the choir or any other unit for that matter and they have agreed to date, that shouldn't be a problem to the church except it is confirmed that the adults involved are double dating which may result to one of the party involved protesting or there is any other kind of sexual immorality like rape, sexual harassment and even unwanted pregnancy.
Many of these dating are kept secret because the church are always quick to condemn dating among church workers tagging the whole thing as immorality which is not suppose to be so
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by mooojy: 4:31am On Jul 20, 2020
They are always together, so it's natural you feel something for someone you are always with.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by NaijaCuzin: 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
[llh
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Judybash93(m): 6:06am On Aug 14, 2020
Hintona:

I'm a Catholic.

"A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's mind about to religion."

Can you expand on this?
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by Olarewajub: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
A very important question. I was able to research and write the reasons why dating is common among church Choristers.

https://obodiary.com/reasons-why-dating-is-common-among-church-choristers/
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by IrepChrist: 6:27am On Aug 26, 2020
You nailed it .... God bless you bro lipsrsealed.
Re: Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? by akbonus: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2022
sonofthunder:

When did dating someone become a sin or what's the meaning of dating in your dictionary?
DID YOU CHECK THE MEANING BEFORE COMMENTING OR YOU JUST A DUMB slowpoke TRYING TO DRAG GULLIBLE YOUNG CHRISTIANS TO YOUR SINFUL LIFE SO THAT THEY PERISH WITH YOU,BECAUSE I JUST CHECKED THE MEANING NOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Meaning Of I Will Prepare A table Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies / Does God Speak To You? How? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.