Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,607 members, 7,840,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. (101080 Views)

Mother And Son Arrested For Killing Their Neighbor In Ogun (Photo) / 2 Men 'Killing People With Charms' In Anambra Caught & Handcuffed (Photos) / Man Who Rapes People's Wives In Delta, Caught, Tied & Almost Tortured To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Slynation(m): 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ayo8:
The reason for the killings...

Imagine someone you empowered legally collecting everything you worked 30years of your life...including your kids. Everything!!!

Those that remained married until the murder are only trying to salvage what is left because they know they will loose everything if they opt for divorce.

Frustrated that his formerly malleable wife had suddenly become such a “terror” to him to the point of asking for in court and getting virtually everything for which he had worked since coming to the US thirty years prior, the husband got in his vehicle and drove a few hundred miles to Dallas to settle the scores. He found her in her SUV, adorned in full Nigerian attire on her way to the birthday bash organized in her honor.

. Each time the couple argued, the police forced the husband to leave the house whether he had a place to sleep or not. On many occasions, Mr. Nwodo spent days in police cells. Upon divorcing his wife, Mr. Nwodo lost to his wife the house he had owned for almost 20 years before he married her. He also lost custody of their three children to her, with the court awarding him only periodic visitation rights.

I still don't know why the American laws favors women a lot... Just for getting married alone, A man has already lost some of his wealth, No wonder gay marriages and all sort of unthinkable act escalated
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by wany(f): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
hammer8:

MY BEST ADVICE TO MEN IS UNDERSTAND THAT WHICHEVER WOMAN U MARRY IS YOUR BOSS.

NA SO SHE TAKE UNDERSTAND IT, ESPECIALLY AS THEY GETTING OLDER IN THE MARRIAGE.

YOUR BEST BET IS TO MARRY YOUNG, HIT THE GYM AND MAKE SURE SHE UNDERSTAND U ARE A STRONG MAN ESPECIALLLY IN THE BEDROOM.

WEN SHE DONE TIRE, EVEN IF YOU ARE TIRED, TELL HER E REMAIN SMALL, DIG DEEP AND LASH HER AGAIN.

THEN ON ROAD, BE VERY TEMPERMENTAL WITH ALL THE MEN THAT GET IN YOUR WAY.

THEN TAKE HER TO THE GYM AND FOR A RUN AND TRAIN HER TO BE FIT.

SHE GO FEAR ABI NA RESPECT U AUTOMATICALLY.

ALSO MAKE MONEY BEFORE U MARRY.

All this to a 50yr old man right undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
magicminister:

The bolded is key to understanding the personalities of these men!
There are thousands of Nigerian women in US and many are single and searching.
They are established and do not need anyone's money.
But the guys that go to Naija to pick a wife from the village are typically men with low self esteem and fragile egos.
They only do that because they want a naive girl they can exploit and turn to a cash cow for their personal gratification.

First of all, if you are in the US and getting a wife from Nigeria, it will cost nothing less than 10k USD to get her and file the necessary paperwork.
That money couldve gone towards furthering themselves to ensure that they are earning high income. Its a thing of joy if your partner makes more money than you. It is a blessing. But then self entitlement creeps in followed by resentment when the wife refuses to spend all her money on them.
Makes alot of sense.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by DexterousOne(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
All I have to say is.......

Cunny man die

Wayo man bury am

My late grand mother of blessed memory used to say this all the time.

And that expression aptly describes this predicament
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
Palema007:
Oh really? Perhaps my lens aren't seeing well because I've read comments supporting the men's actions, some suggesting proper ways to go about the killing (bring her back up, arrange her kidnap, kill her mourn then go back home.) One even wished a fellow members (lady) same fate. So many sick beings here... Check well. Or No don't bother, even your comment is not different from others you only try to make it less evil.

You have demons in you, not me because I will never take anyone's life. BTW which sensible Woman will call the police on a responsible, supportive and Humane Man? What are these Men doing that push their wives to call police on them. Why do these women change? Y'all won't ask sensible question but would rather push victims under trains so far they are Women!

first....u clearly have some comprehension issues...so saying every has demons to u means real demons and they can kill....have u heard of metaphor..??

secondly, u are just ranting out of emotions...I clearly condemned his action....but ur emotion ddnt let u see that..i analyzed the issue objectively because that's what a court will do..that's why there's somethimg called crime of passion when issues like this happen...which is something the court will consider during his trial..so is the court being a man for considering his motives for killing...everything isn't black and white...

thirdly, in my earlier text, I even explained why these Nigerian women report their husbands repetitively in the US and UK but I guess ur emotions got in the way again......even the police department in Detroit had to visit the Nigerian association and local Nigerian church to tell the women to stop becos they found out many out of the report was false and a means to getting their husband out of the way...like I said anyone can be provoked....but u are not supposed to kill...but sadly, we are not the same..thats why there police, judge and prison..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by wany(f): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
[b][/b]
RTSC:

Yes.

Chinese and Indians are as patriarchal as Nigerians.

The only difference is that their wives did not forget where they are coming from.

What is wrong with a 50 year old man?
He is still strong and capable.

Why did would a lady marry him and allow him to bring them over if they don't like his age?
Your last paragraph MONEY
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by madridsta007(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
naptu2:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/jadesola-tai-babatola/an-epidemic-nigerian-men-killing-their-nurse-wives-in-the-us-by-abiodun-ladepo/667141363328281

1. Nigerian men, stop commiting murder. It is sin and a crime. Sends you to jail. Love your wife as Christ loves the Church!
2. Nigerian women, stop "changing" when small money enters your hand. If you know you will change, dont married to the abroad guy when he comes calling. Lastly, submit to your husband- you are earning more doesnt mean anything!
Why do people love complicating life unnecessarily?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by VULCAN(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2020
If that's the sum total of your argument I leave you in Peace.

tot:

Going by your logic, Nigerian men are still killing their nurse wives in the US in 2020 right? Okay, then present the 2020 link for this.

Why should a 2014 article be posted as if it's 2020? If you want to go back in time, you are free to do so. The rest of us don't have to.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by VULCAN(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2020
It's unfortunate that you started off well but went off point.

You completely ignored the actual reasons for these murders and went off on a tangent that although perhaps somewhat valid has little to do with this actual topic.

The point is the women tried to destroy the men by taking away their home and children. The women found out that the Family Court in US is heavily biased against men. So they took advantage.

Most of what you wrote completely ignores that salient point.

How many Nigerian men kill their wives who divorce them and leave with what they themselves own? Probably none.

I don't know whether you support destroying a man that opened the door to a quality of life you may NEVER have been able to enjoy simply because he isn't perfect. Perhaps you do as most toxic feminists see nothing wrong in it.

The ironic thing about these women is that when loneliness comes they are left to sleep with small boys or married men. Most of whom are no better than the husband they divorced so cruelly.

ModestGal:

I agree, and I don't blame the MEN at all. I blame the women, they constitute the society, they are the ones that would make jest of their fellow women when they divorce or become widowed, they are the one that allowed themselves to be maltreated by thier husbands, they are the one that would go and do slavery in their husband's relatives house, there's one idiot wey dey my close to my house, this woman would do all house chores for her husband's aunts, infact, she dey work like slaves, she no do any job than to eat and work like slaves, she has turned marriage to where you must discomfort yourself to please your husbands family, what now vexed me is how she do constantly abuse women that refused to do slavery like her, she's also the one that would blame women for getting divorced, she's constantly talking ill of other wives and all those her husband relatives like her pass, who no go like a slave, who doesn't have her own life to live.

If you go back to history, you would realize that the reason women are looked down on, and maltreated is coming more from fellow women who take such maltreatment and blame other women who has a life to live, the women constitute the majority in the society that makes fellow women have no strength, they are the one that would abuse a single mother, etc

They are the one that would advise their fellow women to keep suffering in their Hubby's house, and would say its normal for women to suffer...

If all women had not given men the room to maltreat, If all women don't take shits, men would realize that they need to be careful because they won't also get another wife who would take the nonsense they do. But its a lie, if a woman who is clearly physically abused by the hubby should leave the hubbys house, fellow women in the street would jump at the man and pack to his house. I'm sure they would have reconsider if we were also strong together.

An average Nigerian man is raised as a ruthless King, and told that a woman is the one to have patience during marriage, hes the one that can make mistake without apologising, hes the one that can commit adultery and get it overlooked, meanwhile, the woman is opposite, a mere slave. Why won't they kill women? The shock of a slave freeing herself is something they cannot agree with, she must continue the slavery or die

Who trained these monsters? Women

Read this thread and see how Nigerian men are agreeing with murder, is that not disgusting?

I can't type again, I'm so angry with these comments agreeing with killing.....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by DexterousOne(m): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
AristocraticMe:
exactly what I posted. I will rather marry a Kenyan , Ghanian or Mexican to bringing a girl from Nigeria... Our operational mode as Nigerians is full of wickedness....

100%

We get that exploitative behaviour engrained in our pattern

That's why as I said before

Cunny man die

Wayo man bury am

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
zeinymira some men even as old as 70 something or 80 something even go back to naija looking for young naive girls to marry grin
my aunty"s friend in benin just gave her dauther to for marriage to a nigerian man in his 70s who is based in the uk and this girl is just 25 and just finshed dong her NYSC.when i heard about the relationship i was thinking its one young swaggalicious uk bros until i see the man..aghhh! shocked..this one is even my dad"s age mate ooo.i had to call him sir oo cheesy.He has married the girl and carried her with him to the uk sha.I wonder how a 70 something yr old man wan take cope with a 25 yr old girl in the bedroom grin.See ehn dere is nothing better than getting old together with ur wife.the idea of going back to naija in ur old age to look for one small girl to wife and bring to the states certainly does not cut it.If na cos u want her to read nursing and be earning big money why dont u as a guy read the nursing too? na d same head wey she get u urself get nah cheesy.And for young girls in naija biko if one old man in the US come on christmas or easter day dey ask ur hand in marriage pls be wise ooo.It is not always greener on the other side.he will turn u to slave.better u work hard together with your young boyfriend in nigeria and weather the storm and if ur ambition is to travel abroad then work together with ur boyfriend and u both raise money to both travel overseas.that option is better than agreeing to be a wife to one old man based in the US.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by EgunMogaji2: 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
J111333:
My brother, I know about at least three families in LA that are headed to this same direction soon if caution is not adhered to.

In my preliminary opinion, both the husbands and the wives have their fair share of blames. This is the reason I never get my little self involved in family drama majorly because I have little to no experience. I've bumped into such fracas by chance and I was lucky they listened to my plea. They knew I was young and inexperienced so only God knew how I was able to diffuse the situation.

My only issue in this your story is that the man went too far by killing the woman and that has made her a saint but if he were to tell you his story and pains, my brother.......

Only three?

I know of many more especially in the valley.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by sonnie10: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
My advice to Nigerian men in US. Invest on yourself. Start very little in terms of education and Job training and minimize side hustles like shipping and uber, mental health and security jobs, there are more of distraction Those hustle will never cut it in the US, reason being that bills are always there at the end of the month. You need a steady job to survive and have some savings. Don't ever think you can't make it because of age or pressure from home, those things will always be there even is you do nothing or do everything.
Now, you would be wondering how do you even start?
As long as you had a minimum of SSSC from Nigeria, you are good to go. Its just going to take two or a little more years and you are stable.
Just walk into any community college, have them send you SSSC for evaluation and then they would place you in the appropriate classes.
Start with the basics to get comfortable. There are wide range of high in demand courses you could do from community colleges that would give more than $60- 100k annually . Nursing (lvn, RN), medical imaging, info techs, Air condition and heat tech, auto mechanics, diesel engine repair, medical lab tech. Any of these course would open vast opportunities for you
Please don't depend on any human to survive. Human will fail you especially if you are not contributing as much. Relationship is sweeter when it is symbiotic and not parasitic.
Marry for love and enjoy the love of your life. Whatever she is able to achieve in the marriage, thank God and keep improving on yourself. The good part of US educational system is that it is very supportive and the resources to succeed is readily available.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by plessis: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
dominique:

They expect the wives to work multiple shifts and submit her paycheck. It's only a matter of time before such woman rebels and turn the tables on them. This is why it is important to marry a companion and not a slave

If they are no evil, why do they still accept to take a man's house after divorce?

Why don't they reject it since they didn't buy it or build it?

You say women rebel because men try to take their hard earn money but applaud women for taking a man's house after divorce....

You are ridiculing yourself by defending evil.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by DexterousOne(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. How?

When both the Nigerian man and the Nigerian woman are playing the game of "who get sense pass" and "who go exploit who first "

Eventually
Cunny man must die

And wayo man go bury am

We all know the motive for many men who come to Nigeria to marry wives who they don't even know

And we all know the motive of the women who marry men whom they dont even know or love.

Hope you get

If you no get
I go explain even better

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by omoyankee3(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
A sad, unfortunate end.

The man should have walked away and started a new life. He'd have recovered all he lost and even more. But he chose the path of destruction.

We often don't know what good things life has in store for us in the future, we only look at our present predicament.

There should be a support line available that people can call and talk with experienced counsellors/ psychologists.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by LasLas: 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
His grievances were:
Secretly building a personal house in the village
Rejecting idea of mom-in-law living with them
Requesting him to vacate and move out from house he allegedly bought
Phoning and calling police on him.
No more ready to share pay check with him

No, there was no third party sexually involved. This is a crime of diminished responsibility. This is obvious from how deranged and gibberish the man was behaving in the background with the operator on
Not supporting what he did but you won’t understand what he passed through until you re there. Not until you visit these North American countries before you can comment properly
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by sonnie10: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
martowskin1:

All this is too much story. Marry her keep her in Nigeria. Simple, come back every year ending, get her pregnant and go back. When the kids grow, bring them to US for education...

All this problem will be avoided and everyone will be happy in peace

If she stays in Nigeria, who will make the money which is the motive for all the rancor?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
sonnie10:
My advice to Nigerian men in US. Invest on yourself. Start very little in terms of education and Job training and minimize side hustles like shipping and uber, mental health and security jobs, there are more of distraction Those hustle will never cut it in the US, reason being that bills are always there at the end of the month. You need a steady job to survive and have some savings. Don't ever think you can't make because of age or pressure from home, those things will always be there even is you do nothing or do everything.
Now, you would be wondering how do you even start?
As long as you had a minimum of SSSC from Nigeria, you are good to go. Its just going to take two or a little more years and you are stable.
Just walk into any community college, have them send you SSSC for evaluation and then they would place you in the appropriate of classes.
Start with the basics to get comfortable. There are wide range of high in demand courses your could do from community colleges that would give more than $60- 100k annually . Nursing (lvn, RN), medical imaging, info techs, Air condition and heat tech, auto mechanics, diesel engine repair, medical lab tech. Any of these course would open vast opportunities for you
Please don't depend on any human to survive. Human will fail you especially if you are not contributing as much. Relationship is sweeter when it is symbiotic and not parasitic.
Marry for love and enjoy the love of your life. Whatever she is able to achieve after marriage, thank God and keep improving on yourself. The good part of US educational system is that it is very supportive and the resources to succeed is readily available.
i wish many nigerian men would take such an advice as this...
u can imagine someone driving uber from the late 90s to the mid 2000s without doing anything to develop himself.and when he has saved enuf money he will be thinking of bringing a home based woman from his village to make a wife.wich kain bush man mentality is that cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Ishilove: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
naptu2:

Why are you telling me?
LMAO

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Edo Bank Robbers Abandoned The Cash & Cars After Youths Blocked Exit Road / Man Caught Raping A Little Girl Inside A Bus In Aba, Abia State, Nigeria (photos / Omowunmi, Osun Polytechnic Student Died After Visiting Her Boyfriend (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.