Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? (402 Views)

Motivational Speaker Beaten For Saying He Started His Restaurant With One Tin To / Recommend A Motivational Speaker For A Youth Conference / Who Believes This Picture To Be True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? by wwwkaycom(m): 6:06am On Jul 19, 2020
I was listening to a woman who people called a pastor's wife and preacher through my sister's phone yesterday. I'll rather call her a motivational speaker or a feminist anyway. She was addressing a group of Christian women and I her vividly saying

"tell this to your husband, drum it into his ears so that he can hear it and hear it well,

you are his queen not his Cook

you're the matriarch of his home not his housemaid

you're the elegant picture of his life that is seen by all not his dry cleaner".

I asked my sister to replay it several times so that I can get the message very well. I didn't remember to ask her to send it to me then but when I was ruminating on the topic later in the night, I sent a message to ask her to forward the message to me but sadly, she had deleted it so that her own husband won't get to listen to that crap when she saw my reaction to it. She married a tough but very responsible Ekiti guy who is very sensitive to such issues.

Hello my people, I know that women especially our wives deserves all the considerations, respects and honour we could give them but is it right for a woman to tell her husband she's not his Cook?

If my wife is not my cook, who then is?

I marry the best woman on earth so she will never say such a thing to me anyway but I can't imagine what will happen in the home if my wife wake up one morning to tell me she's not my Cook.

This is not to say I leave every responsibility in the home to my wife also. I do laundry at home, I wash my children's and my wife's clothes. There are instances when NEPA just bring light like that and I need to quickly wash my used clothes, I will never leave my children's and my wife's clothes in the laundry basket and just wash mine, never!

I do cook too only that my wife has really made me lazy in that regards. She will always laugh anytime I prepare meals in the house, but I used to be a good cook as a bachelor.

I go to market to but foodstuffs, especially if there's need to get some things and I'm driving towards the market. I buy almost all the groceries at home. I do house chores with my wife and kids so I don't see any big deal in doing house chores.

But for my wife now to listen to that kind of tape or message and come home to tell me she's not my cook, dry cleaner or housemaid, that'll be bad o.

How do you see my points here or am I the one who's wrong? Or am I misunderstanding her message?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 19, 2020
You already said the person on the pulpit is a woman. What she said has a targeted audience. She's simply saying what her audience wants to hear.
You will be surprised she treats her husband like a king and doesn't say all that to her man.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? by bukatyne(f): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2020
BLUELemon:
You already said the person on the pulpit is a woman. What she said has a targeted audience. She's simply saying what her audience wants to say.
You will be surprised she treats her husband like a king and doesn't say all that to her man.

cheesy

In the Bible, whenever Paul finished preaching, he told them to compare whatever he taught with the scriptures.

People have itchy ears today so 'Pastors' are now catering to popular demand.

That's why you teach something from the Bible and 'Christians' would tackle you so much that you wonder if it's not same Bible you are referencing.

Every genuine Christian knows the call to Christ is a call to service: in the home, society and church (body of Christ.)

Well, it has not changed: salvation is a personal race. It is solely in your hands.

1 Like

Re: Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? by anthonyuncle(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
a mad person introducing sane person to madness
Re: Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? by Kollyman: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
As a woman, if you ever want to have a good marriage, you must be selective in what you listen to illreapective of who is saying it.

The society is confused.
Re: Could This Motivational Speaker Be True? by Hathor5(f): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Are you your wife's king or money machine or both? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Missing Mother Of Three / Nigerian Man Rejects Children Because Their Eyes Are Blue / Pregnant Lady In Labour Denied Access To The Hospital (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.